Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra (9379 Views)

PDP Wins Enugu LG By Landslide / Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe / 5 Political Families In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by aljharem3: 11:22pm On Jul 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Since when did erosion become a NATIONAL problem?

it does not need to be a national problem before it is tackled by the FG

or am i saying rubbish undecided wink
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2011
EzeUche:

This is the threat to Igboland.  shocked shocked shocked

Look a bit closely at the pictures you posted there. Something is suspect there . . . am I wrong in suggesting that the pictures show the gullies themselves serve as part of the drainage there?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by jmaine: 11:24pm On Jul 17, 2011
Overwhelming gully pathway  shocked shocked shocked . . . Part of this problem is due to the irresponsible activities of construction companies who excavate earth for their routine projects . . .All they did was just harvest, harvest and harvest with no precaution given to the environmental impacts of their unsustainable exploitation . . . And they still visit there often to collect more earth for their own selfish need without regards to the souls living along those affected zones . . .

The issue is not lack of regulatory laws or framework to monitor their activities, but it is the average non-chalance of people to environmental issues,especially not when directly affected .The government at all level in the federation need to make stern adherence to laws, especially environmental laws in this context
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Jul 17, 2011
alj_harem:

it does not need to be a national problem before it is tackled by the FG

or am i saying rubbish  undecided wink

Yes it does, or we might as well do away with state and Local governments if we need the FG to step in every time the states neglect to do more  for their people.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by aljharem3: 11:28pm On Jul 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Yes it does, or we might as well do away with state and Local governments if we need the FG to step in every time the states neglect to do more  for their people.

ok point taken, i would thought the job of the state and local government is to improve the welfare of the state in terms of education etc and also to execute small projects like street lights, roads etc

i think, the erosion is a bit large for the SG to tackle alone. thanks though
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by aloyemeka1: 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2011
jmaine:

Overwhelming gully pathway  shocked shocked shocked . . . Part of this problem was the irresponsible activities of the construction companies who excavate earth for their projects . . .All they did was just harvest, harvest and harvest with no precaution given to the environmental impacts of their unsustainable exploitation . . . And they still visit there often to collect more earth for their own selfish need without regards to the souls living along those affected zones . . .

The issue is not lack of regulatory laws or framework to monitor their activities, but it is the average non-chalance of people to environmental issues,especially not when directly involved .The government at all level in the federation need to make stern adherence to laws, especially environmental laws in this context

Gbam; Anambra is known for playing tribalism and racism when it comes to issuing construction contracts. Because of that, they only use a delta native construction company for all their construction jobs whether they can do it or not rather than give it to oyibo Berger or RCC who will do a better job.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by NegroNtns(m): 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2011
Thank you J12.

Desola, your reference to Eze's claim on p'racourt as Igbos matched an earlier usage by namfav.

On the issue of lanlocked SE, Eze had said the water was rising to come to Igbo; to which namfav said it will swallow Igbo and arrive at the Northern frontier.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2011
alj_harem:

ok point taken, i would thought the job of the state and local government is to improve the welfare of the state in terms of education etc and also to execute small projects like street lights, roads etc

i think, the erosion is a bit large for the SG to tackle alone. thanks though

None of these things happened overnight. This is from years of irresponsible activities both on the part of government, and some of the people. These things have been going on for decades . .  with government turning a blind eye much of the time.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Desola(f): 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Thank you J12.

Desola, your reference to Eze's claim on p'racourt as Igbos matched an earlier usage by namfav.

On the issue of lanlocked SE, Eze had said the water was rising to come to Igbo; to which namfav said it will swallow Igbo and arrive at the Northern frontier.

I see. . .well it goes to show that i'm not the only one who have noticed his idiocy on this board.

P.S: There is nothing I admire about Namfav, he's afterall a man who sees nothing wrong in marrying a 13 year old who have barely reached the age of puberty. Ever since he mae that statement, I made a concious decision not to read anything from him again.

By the way, aren't you Alh Harem? You have caused enough confusion on this board, abeg.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by aljharem3: 11:38pm On Jul 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

None of these things happened overnight. This is from years of irresponsible activities both on the part of government, and some of the people. These things have been going on for decades . .  with government turning a blind eye much of the time.

well said actually, i am sure this started way before peter obi's time

well kobo, what solution do u propose
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Kobojunkie: 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2011
What Other solution is there than the obvious and only solution to all of our problems? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by aljharem3: 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2011
Desola:

By the way, aren't you Alh Harem? You have caused enough confusion on this board, abeg.

how is he alj harem

i have told u all my monikers, so what again

btw, hw far wink
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by aljharem3: 11:41pm On Jul 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What Other solution is there than the obvious and only solution to all of our problems? undecided undecided undecided undecided

sorry kobo u talk in riddles i don't understand
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Jul 17, 2011
^^^ Riddles? What riddle?? I am not sure if you know this but asking people to proffer solutions actually reveals the level of understanding of the one asking the question as pertains democracy. You DO NOT need to proffer solutions to problems you already HIRED and PAY people to deal with. You only need to demand they fix the problem . . . it is there duty to find the best solution out there and apply it AS PER YOUR REQUEST.

If you hired a driver to drive you places and take care of your car, would you, when your car develops a problem, also get under the same car to find out what is wrong with it, and then research mechanics and parts to get your car fixed?

CIVIC EDUCATION is desperately needed in this nation!!
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by aljharem3: 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Riddles? What riddle?? I am not sure if you know this but asking people to proffer solutions actually reveals the level of understanding of the one asking the question as pertains democracy. You DO NOT need to proffer solutions to problems you already HIRED and PAY people to deal with. You only need to demand they fix the problem . . . it is there duty to find the best solution out there and apply it AS PER YOUR REQUEST.

CIVIC EDUCATION is desperately needed in this nation!!

lol grin, well as u know, i am not educated so i just prefer reading short and concise statements wink

yes certainly, you are write. i mean that is there job

but then again, i asked for solutions to the problem because. if we or other forumites are faced with the problem in the future and they are in the position to do the right thing, they can always think back to this (senseable solutions and ideas)

but yes they are elected to do there job not us
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2011
why is ezeuche our resident flip flopper extraordinaire ( - no more tribalism -> iboist etal ) and all around comedian not calling for obi's resigntion? over this avoidable natural disaster?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Jul 17, 2011
alj_harem:

lol grin, well as u know, i am not educated so i just prefer reading short and concise statements wink

yes certainly, you are write. i mean that is there job

but then again, i asked for solutions to the problem because. if we or other forumites are faced with the problem in the future and they are in the position to do the right thing, they can always think back to this (senseable solutions and ideas)

but yes they are elected to do there job not us

Here is hoping that we never again hire UNQUALIFIED ELEMENTS to these positions after this. It is not rocket science really . . . those in Government have access to EXPERTS on many of these issues and that is USUALLY the BEST WAY FORWARD . . . CONSULT THE EXPERTS and GET THE PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! Is that solution good enough?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by ektbear: 12:13am On Jul 18, 2011
oyb:

why is ezeuche our resident flip flopper extraordinaire ( - no more tribalism -> iboist etal ) and all around comedian not calling for obi's resigntion? over this avoidable natural disaster?

An excellent question. How are you not a hypocrite, Uche?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by NegroNtns(m): 12:17am On Jul 18, 2011

Will the real "alj-harem" please stand up!!! Lmao!

I guess our views are too close to differentiate.

I invited a friend here a while back to share thoughts in Foreign Affairs, granted you haven't seen a looney until you meet this guy - he got me involved in wikileaks ever before it became known to majority. Everyone swore that was Negro.

Desola, so you have a problem with namfav's 13yr old wife? Lol!

Namfav, if you are listening go marry three 20yr olds and leave underage alone.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by EzeUche(m): 12:26am On Jul 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

An excellent question. How are you not a hypocrite, Uche?

For erosion which occurs throughout Igboland? A process that started doing the Palm oil trade?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by NegroNtns(m): 12:29am On Jul 18, 2011
Ekt,

You and Alj done already gif shout-out say make we take jeje talk for this bad tin wey happen for yonder.

Na hin make I no talk yeye to Eze. If no be so I get the proper solution for wetin dat land go become, and hin people wey populate am.

Eze na yeye!
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Rhino5dm: 12:30am On Jul 18, 2011
Ezeuche is a snake. Dont ever be decieved by his suger-coated venom. He is just a born bigot and you cant help him on that. My point also is why not call for the resignation of those theiving eastern governors that diverted the ecological funds to their personal pockets, yet he was gunning for BRF's head. The scumbag HATES everything WEST and he is always restless with any good news from the WEST.
He even went ahead by trying equates fashola with Okorocha when he was not able to stand heat.
Funny was that Okorocha Rochas is a product of the North he loathed the most but cant shamelessly admit to that, No any eastern politician worth emulating. What a scoundrel!
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by 2mch(m): 12:30am On Jul 18, 2011
grin ;DThe Biafran shilling stops with Obi grin. This is why when you point one finger, four others are pointing at you. Who will laugh last now? tongue
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by EzeUche(m): 12:35am On Jul 18, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Ezeuche is a snake. Dont ever be decieved by his suger-coated venom. He is just a born bigot and you cant help him on that. My point also is why not call for the resignation of those theiving eastern governors that diverted the ecological funds to their personal pockets, yet he was gunning for BRF's head. The scumbag HATES everything WEST and he is always restless with any good news from the WEST.
He even went ahead by trying equates fashola with Okorocha when he was not able to stand heat.
Funny was that Okorocha Rochas is a product of the North he loathed the most but cant shamelessly admit to that, No any eastern politician worth emulating. What a scoundrel!

Such words to describe me.  grin
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Rhino5dm: 12:38am On Jul 18, 2011
Remember when i propose a truce? Am just like a viral infections when i attack!? TILL DEATH.

EzeUche:

Such words to describe me. grin
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by henry101(m): 12:40am On Jul 18, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

What is all this rubbish for? Didnt you have a nice sunday?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by EzeUche(m): 12:43am On Jul 18, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Remember when i propose a truce? Am just like a viral infections when i attack!? TILL DEATH.

I see you as more like a rabid dog who needs to be put down. cool
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Rhino5dm: 12:48am On Jul 18, 2011
I sees him as describe. Why not called for a genuine peace and reconciliation? Let the unity of the south start here on NL, i will be glad to append my signature to it. Even though i still maintain my loyalty to the NORTH. Just like having dual citizenship

henry101:

What is all this rubbish for? Didnt you have a nice sunday?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Rhino5dm: 12:51am On Jul 18, 2011
Be my guest i suggest. . . cool
EzeUche:

I see you as more like a rabid dog who needs to be put down. cool
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Kobojunkie: 2:28am On Jul 18, 2011
grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy Biafran shilling!
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by aloyemeka1: 10:44am On Jul 18, 2011
2mch:

grin ;DThe Biafran shilling stops with Obi grin. This is why when you point one finger, four others are pointing at you. Who will laugh last now? tongue

Are you really laughing at people's misfortune?. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by MMM2(m): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2011
Is a pity angry

MASSOB Not Aware Of Proposed Biafra Republic Day - Uwazuruike / Obaseki Suspends Another Council Chairman Over Corruption Allegations / Kogi Guber: Court adjourns suit challenging Bello’s eligibility

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54