Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra (9380 Views)

PDP Wins Enugu LG By Landslide / Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe / 5 Political Families In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by ak47mann(m): 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2011
eko ile= yaruba amajiri angry angry
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Seanet1000: 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2011
Ak47man=igbu almajiri
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by hackney(m): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2011
The fact that some tribes are more talkative than others does not warrant nonsense.
talk is just. . . . talk.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by jmaine: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2011
seanet02:

You are not being truthful, you did said the natural causes can even be linked to human activities somewhere did you not said that? That i reject. Nature on its own can cause WILD FIRE FOREST I REPEAT.

Oboy, you no dey comprehend simple sentence, Our topic was on[b] deforestation [/b] precipitated by Man. . .Read this again and stop this bad habit of repeating my points as your points ( you can't even expand on the expo you got from my post) . . .  You have been exposed as being a weakling upstairs, never you try to claim any form of intelligence again  angry. .

jmaine:

natural causes are very infinitesimal compared to humans a reason it ([size=20pt] Deforestation ==> included to aid you[/size]) is linked to human causes . . . The natural causes of note is wild forest fires, [size=18pt]which [/size]can [size=18pt]even[/size] be linked to a remote human cause somewhere . . .

And in a bid to impress me with your research ability on the internet you gave me this link below,  with nothing to show to buttress your false dogma . . .It's obvious, use of the internet at least to learn or correct your illiteracy is not one of your strong points 

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildfire
^^
seanet02:

Jmaine, here are the causes of wild forest fire from your own usual source
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildfire
^^
A wildfire is any uncontrolled fire in combustible vegetation that occurs in the countryside or a wilderness area.[1][2] Other names such as brush fire, bushfire, forest fire, desert fire, grass fire, hill fire, peat fire, vegetation fire, veldfire, and wildland fire may be used to describe the same phenomenon depending on the type of vegetation being burned. A wildfire differs from other fires by its extensive size, the speed at which it can spread out from its original source, its potential to change direction unexpectedly, and its ability to jump gaps such as roads, rivers and fire breaks.[3] Wildfires are characterized in terms of the cause of ignition, their physical properties such as speed of propagation, the combustible material present, and the effect of weather on the fire.[4]

Wildfires occur on every continent except Antarctica. Fossil records and human history contain accounts of wildfires, as wildfires can occur in periodic intervals.[5][6] Wildfires can cause extensive damage, both to property and human life, but they also have various beneficial effects on wilderness areas. Some plant species depend on the effects of fire for growth and reproduction,[5] although large wildfires may also have negative ecological effects.[4]

Strategies of wildfire prevention, detection, and suppression have varied over the years, and international wildfire management experts encourage further development of technology and research.[7] One of the more controversial techniques is controlled burning: permitting or even igniting smaller fires to minimize the amount of flammable material available for a potential wildfire.[8][9] While some wildfires burn in remote forested regions, they can cause extensive destruction of homes and other property located in the wildland-urban interface: a zone of transition between developed areas and undeveloped wilderness.[8][10]

With the above reference, what causes of fire where you trying to prove to your Lecturer . . . I asked you again, how often do volcano eruption happen around the globe in a century . . .  and how many of them have resulted to forest fires burning for days, reminiscent to human deliberate attempt to destroy the forest for his own good . . .dating  as far back to the early man
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Seanet1000: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2011
Deforestation is the removal of a forest or stand of trees where the land is thereafter converted to a nonforest use.[1] Examples of deforestation include conversion of forestland to farms, ranches, or urban use.

The term deforestation is often misused to describe any activity where all trees in an area are removed. However in temperate mesic climates, the removal of all trees in an area—in conformance with sustainable forestry practices—is correctly described as regeneration harvest.[2] In temperate mesic climates, natural regeneration of forest stands often will not occur in the absence of disturbance, whether natural or anthropogenic.[3] Furthermore, biodiversity after regeneration harvest often mimics that found after natural disturbance, including biodiversity loss after naturally occurring rainforest destruction.[4][5]

Deforestation occurs for many reasons: trees or derived charcoal are used as, or sold, for fuel or as timber, while cleared land is used as pasture for livestock, plantations of commodities, and settlements. The removal of trees without sufficient reforestation has resulted in damage to habitat, biodiversity loss and aridity. It has adverse impacts on biosequestration of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Deforested regions typically incur significant adverse soil erosion and frequently degrade into wasteland.

Disregard or ignorance of intrinsic value, lack of ascribed value, lax forest management and deficient environmental laws are some of the factors that allow deforestation to occur on a large scale. In many countries, deforestation, both naturally occurring and human induced, is an ongoing issue. Deforestation causes extinction, changes to climatic conditions, desertification, and displacement of populations as observed by current conditions and in the past through the fossil record.[4]
You see you are too much in a hurry to hurl insults to notice the bolded. Why do you like twisting every fact out there/ The fact remains that Wild Fire forest have both natural and man made causes. you denying this shows your level of comprehension. I told you i was typing from BB, you went to the link and came back with your own twisted conjectures?
Were you too blinded by your ego to accept that the Highlighted was in the Link?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Seanet1000: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2011
You Know i tell you this copy and paste argument does not hold water, Now am home and you can not monopolize copying from links. Did i not tell you that Leaching Can Cause or Lead To Deforestation?
Here is a Back up, i tell you the problem with you is you are too proud and narrow minded to accept defeat

Look at what The Leaching of CYANIDE can Do

The use of cyanide in the extraction process of metals such as gold and silver led to serious environmental risks. The use of cyanide in gold mining has caused environmental disasters in many countries like the U.S., Canada, China, Guyana, Bolivia, Zimbabwe, the Philippines and Ghana. Recently released the Community and NGOs in Europe and the United States, a report that the risk of non-regulated cyanide compound releases from mines in the world exposed.

Cyanide is fatal to humans and the environment. The main risks in the use of cyanide in the mining process are linked to workers exposed to concentrated hydrogen cyanide gas, leakage of cyanide into the environment and exposure of the surrounding communities due to accidental releases of cyanide. During the mining process, the release of cyanide, along with other toxic chemicals such as arsenic, lead, cadmium and mercury to prevent the adverse effects and permanent damage to some species of animals, plants and humans. It can also lead to deforestation, soil erosion, landslides and contamination of groundwater.

The release of arsenic and other toxic chemicals during the cyanide leaching process is very dangerous. The cyanide-leaching mining process wastes, the potential negative impact on municipal water and wastewater treatment processes. Moreover, a possible increase in intake by humans of different toxic substances. All cyanide gold mining waters during milling result in dangerous, wild animals and birds including water birds and bats, if done wrong. Accidental discharge of cyanide solutions in rivers and streams will kill fish and other aquatic solid. In particular, freshwater fish, the cyanide-sensitive aquatic organisms.

Workers in the gold mining operations can be exposed to cyanide in heap or container extraction. Cyanide is very harmful to humans, because it acts as a poison to the human body. Severe respiratory distress developed when cyanide mouth or absorbed through the skin. Cyanide blocks the absorption of oxygen by the cells to suffocate the victim. Exposure to high amounts of cyanide can be fatal to humans. Exposure to very low concentration of cyanide can cause cancer in animals or humans.

We are not sure about the presence and concentration of many cyanide compounds in mining waste. We’re not sure about the presence, persistence and toxicity of cyanide and related compounds in the environment. But if the effects of cyanide are clear, the opposition is growing against the cyanide in gold mining.

The use of cyanide in mining causes an unreasonable risk to human health, animals and fish. If the dangers of cyanide in the mining process is very clear is the responsibility of the government and mining companies substantive steps. The International Cyanide Management Code provides direction and guidance for the management of cyanide to workers to protect the environment and ensure the communities near the mines. Mining waste should be regulated the same way as other chemical or industrial waste. The public must be aware of the dangers mining. The government should mining projects for environmental risks to prohibit environmental disaster. Citizens should also be against such mining projects. Many organizations in countries like the U.S., Canada and Turkey have started the club for the ban cyanide in mining.
[url][/url]
http://www.europamines.net/7-dangers-of-cyanide-in-mining.html
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Seanet1000: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2011
google search no dey fast again?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Seanet1000: 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2011
jmaine common
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by jmaine: 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2011
^^ So out of the whole article you could only pin point a line sentence . . . . Okay, assuming you took time to read . . . Define deforestation from what you read and inform the house . . . . how my initial address to you below was never on point . . . .

[size=18pt]natural causes are very infinitesimal compared to humans a reason it ( Deforestation ==> included to aid you) is linked to human causes . . . The natural causes of note is wild forest fires, which can even be linked to a remote human cause somewhere [/size]. . .

Seanet1000:

You Know i tell you this copy and paste argument does not hold water, Now am home  and you can not monopolize copying from links. Did i not tell you that Leaching Can Cause or Lead To Deforestation?
Here is a Back up, i tell you the problem with you is you are too proud and narrow minded to accept defeat

Look at what The Leaching of CYANIDE can Do

The use of cyanide in the extraction process of metals such as gold and silver led to serious environmental risks. The use of cyanide in gold mining has caused environmental disasters in many countries like the U.S., Canada, China, Guyana, Bolivia, Zimbabwe, the Philippines and Ghana. Recently released the Community and NGOs in Europe and the United States, a report that the risk of non-regulated cyanide compound releases from mines in the world exposed.

Cyanide is fatal to humans and the environment. The main risks in the use of cyanide in the mining process are linked to workers exposed to concentrated hydrogen cyanide gas, leakage of cyanide into the environment and exposure of the surrounding communities due to accidental releases of cyanide. During the mining process, the release of cyanide, along with other toxic chemicals such as arsenic,[b] lead, cadmium and mercury [/b]to prevent the[/color] adverse effects and permanent damage to some species of animals, plants and humans. It can also lead to deforestation, soil erosion, landslides and contamination of groundwater.[/color]

The release of arsenic and other toxic chemicals during the cyanide leaching process is very dangerous. The cyanide-leaching mining process wastes, the potential negative impact on municipal water and wastewater treatment processes. Moreover, a possible increase in intake by humans of different toxic substances. All cyanide gold mining waters during milling result in dangerous, wild animals and birds including water birds and bats, if done wrong. Accidental discharge of cyanide solutions in rivers and streams will kill fish and other aquatic solid. In particular, freshwater fish, the cyanide-sensitive aquatic organisms.

Workers in the gold mining operations can be exposed to cyanide in heap or container extraction. Cyanide is very harmful to humans, because it acts as a poison to the human body. Severe respiratory distress developed when cyanide mouth or absorbed through the skin. Cyanide blocks the absorption of oxygen by the cells to suffocate the victim. Exposure to high amounts of cyanide can be fatal to humans. Exposure to very low concentration of cyanide can cause cancer in animals or humans.

We are not sure about the presence and concentration of many cyanide compounds in mining waste. We’re not sure about the presence, persistence and toxicity of cyanide and related compounds in the environment. But if the effects of cyanide are clear, the opposition is growing against the cyanide in gold mining.

The use of cyanide in mining causes an unreasonable risk to human health, animals and fish. If the dangers of cyanide in the mining process is very clear is the responsibility of the government and mining companies substantive steps. The International Cyanide Management Code provides direction and guidance for the management of cyanide to workers to protect the environment and ensure the communities near the mines. Mining waste should be regulated the same way as other chemical or industrial waste. The public must be aware of the dangers mining. The government should mining projects for environmental risks to prohibit environmental disaster. Citizens should also be against such mining projects. Many organizations in countries like the U.S., Canada and Turkey have started the club for the ban cyanide in mining.
[url][/url]
http://www.europamines.net/7-dangers-of-cyanide-in-mining.html

Good to know you are gaining from me  cheesy . .am impressed you took some time off to equip your mind. At least my efforts are not in vain . . .

Now let me expose you again. . . The Link you quoted, is it of Natural causes or was is it caused by man . . . . .  Link that to one of my initial lecture to you again in my earlier post below and the one blazing above your quoted post, and learn once again . . . The highlighted elements above heavy metal and the ability of  cyanide to mobilize or solubilize certain metals causes those elements injurious to the environment to be bio available for intake  . . . Cyanide is in itself an ultra poisonous element . . . .

jmaine:

[size=11pt]hope you noticed i highlighted your elementary knowledge of leaching while going further to show you that leaching goes beyond green plants . . .persistent organic compounds like some heavy metals could be leached into underground water sources thereby endangering biotic life  . . . i gave you another scenario of certain toxic chemicals like Aluminium being made soluble and bio available to plants thereby poisoning them . . .and the causative factor is MAN. . .

Another lesson i have for your Embryonic certified brain : - Leaching could be precipitated by Man made activities e.g acidification of soils via his persistent usage of heavy metals in his daily activities

Will be right back . . off to attend to some issues . . . . Just keep learning okay . . .
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Seanet1000: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2011
jmaine:

^^ [s]So out of the whole article you could only pin point a line sentence . . . . Okay, assuming you took time to read . . . Define deforestation from what you read and inform the house . . . . how my initial address to you below was never on point [/s]. . . .

Good to know you are gaining from me  cheesy . .am impressed you took some time off to equip your mind. At least my efforts is not in vain . . .

Now let me expose you again. . . The Link you quoted, is it of Natural causes or was is it caused by man . . . . .  Link that to one of my initial lecture to you again in my earlier post below and the one blazing above your quoted post, and learn was again . . . The highlighted elements above heavy metal and the ability of  cyanide to mobilize or solubilize certain metals causes those elements injurious to the environment to be bio available for intake  . . . Cyanide is in itself an ultra poisonous element . . . .

Will be right back . . off to attend to some issues . . . . Just keep learning okay . . .
HOGWASH!!!
Olodo Just simply accept that leaching can lead to  deforestation and stop beating about the bush
Olodo when will you accept that you twisted the facts in the link i provided?
Olodo don't run away under i have more pressing issues to attend,
Olodo did i not tell you from onset that leaching  can cause deforestation?
Now you  see Facts and want to ran away abi? Olodo
i told you i will thrash you to pieces on this issue of Leaching and now you have kindly accepted that.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by chimaike: 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Ezeuche is a snake. Dont ever be decieved by his suger-coated venom. He is just a born bigot and you cant help him on that. My point also is why not call for the resignation of those theiving eastern governors that diverted the ecological funds to their personal pockets, yet he was gunning for BRF's head. The scumbag HATES everything WEST and he is always restless with any good news from the WEST.
He even went ahead by trying equates fashola with Okorocha when he was not able to stand heat.
Funny was that Okorocha Rochas is a product of the North he loathed the most but cant shamelessly admit to that, No any eastern politician worth emulating. What a scoundrel!

Then which politician at the south worth emulating.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by chimaike: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2011
Then which politician from the south west that wort emulating?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Seanet1000: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2011
BTW why are you twisiting the fact on what our real discussion is on, Our argument is your rather childish conclusion that every incidence of wild fire forest must be man induced. Now have you confined the israeli boy and Policewoman in your Bedroom for the sin of Nature they know nothing about. Olodo that went to israeli to jail small boy. Even a Secondary school student will tore you to pieces. Claiming he knows Geography and yet can not define Isohaline. Olodo Agbaye
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by chines4(m): 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2011
I took my time to read almost all the write ups in this this thread. I don't see any body proffering solution. The whole thread is filled with name calling, arguments, counter arguments, lectures, copy and paste, blames, just name it. but no solution.

The big question is What do we do? and please get the government out of it. Especially how can we prevent it from getting up to that huge magnitude.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Seanet1000: 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2011
chines4:

I took my time to read almost all the write ups in this this thread. I don't see any body proffering solution. The whole thread is filled with name calling, arguments, counter arguments, lectures, copy and paste, blames, just name it. but no solution.

The big question is What do we do? and please get the government out of it. Especially how can we prevent it from getting up to that huge magnitude.

Your own solution will also be appreciated.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2011
Sorry oo
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2011
chines4:

You live in a democracy and you still ask "What do we do?" You already hired people to do something about this - - GOVERNMENT! So, are you trying to do the job for them now? Or are you a millionaire that you want to use your money to do solve the problem of erosion in Anambra state? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by jmaine: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2011
Seanet1000:

HOGWASH!!!
Olodo Just simply accept that leaching can lead to  deforestation and stop beating about the bush
Olodo did i not tell you from onset that leaching  can cause deforestation

Let me stoop down a bit to your level . . . We shall begin with our definition of leaching . . . Let me begin with your elementary school definition of leaching . . .

Did you know that the aftermath of Leaching is the[b] the inavailability of Nutrients[/b] to Plants which invariably leads to the death of Plants and Trees meaning loss of soil cover?

My Comprehensive and concise scientific definition of leaching stated below . . .  Showing that your definition of leaching of only being natural was useless because man can influence leaching in soil which leads to poisoning of terrestrial plants and even contamination of underground water sources  . . .

Note the key defining word poisoning

My simple definition below

Leaching simply refers to the movement of dissolved substances with water percolating through soil, and in elementary agricultural terms, out of the reach of plants. . . soil texture could permit leaching or even man indirect influence through it's use of chemical that contains heavy metal . .  This heavy metal acidifies the soils, rendering locked elements like Aluminum soluble which is highly toxic to plants  . .The solubilized aluminum then become bio-available for plant to ingest, leading to poisoning . .

And i pointed out to you that leaching in your own natural context has never lead to deforestation . . . So how do you intend to right your misplaced notion . . .

Let me pick your brain a bit . . . After  this little education, can you boldly say leaching is exclusively natural  . . . .

Olodo when will you accept that you twisted the facts in the link i provided

You said i twisted the fact from that link . . how ? I challenged you to give a contrary definition of deforestation to validate your accusation and you simply shied away . . . Learn to put your brain where your mouth is . . .

Seanet1000:

Now you  see Facts and want to ran away abi? Olodo
i told you i will thrash you to pieces on this issue of Leaching and now you have kindly accepted that.
[/b]

Ignorance is indeed a disease . . .you are an epitome of that phrase . . . How would somehow who pitiably holds tenaciously to stinging straws shelled by the assailants still claim to tear his assailant . . . You moved from Desert encroachment, wind erosion and leaching . . .to wild fires  which i mentioned . . .you now moved from wild fires to my own expository on the term leaching implicating man . .  . which is even more dangerous cos it leads to biota poisoning . . . You went further to commit suicide by posting a man's induced leaching incidence to support your initial elementary leaching definition, ascribing it only to natural causes and giving it a false prominence  . . .

Seanet1000:

BTW why are you twisiting the fact on what our real discussion is on, Our argument is your rather childish conclusion that every incidence of wild fire forest[b] must[/b] be man induced.

Let me refresh your mind a bit . . . Your post below was insulting to the learned minds on this thread . . .

olodo, you were asking a dumb question on who causes Deforestation between Nature and man? And i was wondering did you ever know it is both? Lemme lecture you a little bit, Deforestation can be caused by lots of things  all of which can be classified under Nature and man made. We have lumbering, bush burning, urban development, industrial expansion and others under man made factors, Desert encroachment, leaching (know you will not agreed to this due to your zero knowledge on Geography) Wind erosion and others.

You categorically told us that natural causes of deforestation was desert encroachment,Leaching(in your shallow context)  and wind erosion . . .How nasty could your get with such abject IQ . .

I educated you that none of those intellectual insulting reasons are true . . . That natural causes could be attributed to wild fires and those wild fires could even [/b]be remotely linked to a human cause some where, often not intentional . . .  I also educated you that . .natural causes of deforestation is negligible in contrast to human induced destruction, hence the term deforestation is linked to human causes . . . just incase you choose to be daft . .i will once again repeat this simple sentence below for your learning experience . . .

natural causes are very infinitesimal compared to humans a reason it ( Deforestation ==> included to aid you) is linked to human causes . . . The natural causes of note is wild forest fires, [b]which can even be linked to a remote human cause somewhere

Seanet1000:

Claiming he knows Geography and yet can not define Isohaline. Olodo Agbaye  

So you feel Erosion and deforestation is only discussed in Geography, even linking my knowledge base with defining isohaline  cheesy cheesy . . . You be confirm mumu . . . I can now see you are one of those crappy management or arts student ( If you have even entered a tertiary school yet ) trying to go on a head on collision with a bio-scientist . . how did you hope to fare . . .

Props on the Seanet Trojan,though it's rare we see someone take it this far when it's been shot down many post previously . . .This will likely be my last contribution to address your demented mind, unless you some how manage to bring yourself down to a level of misconception and stvpidity that trumps your current standing
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Seanet1000: 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2011
You are a cretin! In your isi ewu brain what is the aftermath of Plants not being able to get nutrients to survive on do? Can you survive without food?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Seanet1000: 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2011
Until your copy and paste twisted facts can prove otherwise on what loss of nutrient means ala survival of plants, then i better live you to your delusional reasoning that only man can cause wild fire forest. Olodo still arguing on an issue i have already thrashed him. Your big grammars no hold water
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by jmaine: 8:59pm On Jul 19, 2011
Seanet1000:

You are a cretin! In your  isi ewu brain what is the aftermath of Plants not being able to get nutrients to survive on do? Can you survive without food?

Ever heard of the word adaptation . . . . green plants have been known to adapt to prevailing natural environmental conditions . . . Plants in those areas, would simply have deeper root system to harness the sub soil nutrients, mind you, there have there for ages  . . but my friend , it will take years for plants to adapt to the numerous novel synthetic chemicals churned out by man on a daily basis . . . Majority often alien to nature, highly toxic and persistent . . . if he even understands this free education . .

How do plants survive drought period before the rains . . .One word . .ADAPTATION . . . . Go back to school dude and learn simple integrated science . . .

Now let's us get back to the topic . . . Am done with you . .
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Seanet1000: 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2011
Olodo, Of course their is Adaptation to changing to the environment by plants, but should i asked you why the Lung of the world is diminishing despite its very difficult accessibility which makes lumbering and inhabitation extremely difficult? Why are the plants in the sahara not surviving ? The only one surviving i guess are the xerophytes due to their long root which enable them to store water and also search for it, even some animals that use hibernation to survive are almost extinct due to a prolongment of the duration of drought. Why are many plants and animals living in the lung of the world now being protected due to their near extintinon? Don't they have adaptive capabilities? Hell no, they have but the fact is that The climatic change is making it difficult for them to adapt even when they are in areas remote that they can not be poached, you just think every thing start and end in your brain yet you are bereft of ideas. BTW do you even know what is called lung of the world?Olodo, Of course their is Adaptation to changing to the environment by plants, but should i asked you why the Lung of the world is diminishing despite its very difficult accessibility which makes lumbering and inhabitation extremely difficult? Why are the plants in the sahara not surviving ? The only one surviving i guess are the xerophytes due to their long root which enable them to store water and also search for it, even some animals that use hibernation to survive are almost extinct due to a prolongment of the duration of drought. Why are many plants and animals living in the lung of the world now being protected due to their near extintinon? Don't they have adaptive capabilities? Hell no, they have but the fact is that The climatic change is making it difficult for them to adapt even when they are in areas remote that they can not be poached, you just think every thing start and end in your brain yet you are bereft of ideas. BTW do you even know what is called lung of the world?
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by chines4(m): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2011
Seanet1000:

Your own solution will also be appreciated.

I can still remember that during my childhood days, we plant bamboo along any erosion part near our house to control it. This we do toward the end of raining season to ensure that they grow before dry season.

Kobojunkie:

You live in a democracy and you still ask "What do we do?" You already hired people to do something about this - - GOVERNMENT! So, are you trying to do the job for them now? Or are you a millionaire that you want to use your money to do solve the problem of erosion in Anambra state? shocked shocked shocked shocked

I believe that is equally part of our problem, we want government to do everything, Nigeria government will not come until the situation is out of hand. Properties and even lives might be lost before government will even attempt to do anything. But we can stop it from getting out of hand, if we manage it on time.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Gbenge77(m): 7:20am On Jul 21, 2011
Ecologically,that state is a disaster in waiting
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by jmaine: 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Ecologically,that state is a disaster in waiting

Affirmed . . .
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Kobojunkie: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2011
chines4:

I believe that is equally part of our problem, we want government to do everything, Nigeria government will not come until the situation is out of hand. Properties and even lives might be lost before government will even attempt to do anything. But we can stop it from getting out of hand, if we manage it on time.

The #1 problem you should have is that those you elected to government are not doing the job they ought to be doing for you.

For crying out loud, you already pay these people to look for solutions and actually FIX the problems. You pay them millions each year so they can have access to experts and all they need to find and deliver solutions to you. But here you are making yourself what? Solution FINDER for your government?  undecided undecided undecided undecided

Find, if you are given the solution (which happens to be COMMON SENSE [/b]anyways since it is well known that deforestation is the problem in the east) what are you going to do with that all too common solution? Or are you, as many others have PHD's at doing, come back the next thread discussing this issue to ask people for solutions, yet again?  undecided undecided

Smart Nairalander to everyone else : "[b]I cut my hand, and I need a doctor-- please proffer a solution!
" grin
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by chines4(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The #1 problem you should have is that those you elected to government are not doing the job they ought to be doing for you.

For crying out loud, you already pay these people to look for solutions and actually FIX the problems. You pay them millions each year so they can have access to experts and all they need to find and deliver solutions to you. But here you are making yourself what? Solution FINDER for your government?  undecided undecided undecided undecided

Find, if you are given the solution (which happens to be COMMON SENSE [/b]anyways since it is well known that deforestation is the problem in the east) what are you going to do with that all too common solution? Or are you, as many others have PHD's at doing, come back the next thread discussing this issue to ask people for solutions, yet again?  undecided undecided

Smart Nairalander to everyone else : "[b]I cut my hand, and I need a doctor-- please proffer a solution!
" grin

The problem is not just deforestation, there is also need for proper planning of water ways.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2011
chines4:

The problem is not just deforestation, there is also need for proper planning of water ways.

Another OBVIOUS PROBLEM . . . with so many OBVIOUS solutions . . . and you were asking people to proffer solutions again why? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Onlytruth(m): 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2011
@KenGali,

Dalu nwanne.
You demonstrated our usual genius. I agree with about 98% of what you said. I also believe that there is a need for a study to be conducted by an international PRIVATE company (a company not attached to any government) to tell us the truth about the real cause of this problem. Igboland has always been there for thousands of years.  I wonder why all these are happening now. Some have speculated that the oil  mining activities down south is loosening the soil in Igboland. Talk of nkita tachaa okpukpu, eze egbube ewu! If that is the case, we need to make a case for federal govt. to bear the burden of any remediation exercise.

I would advise you to ignore all the Yoruba idiots here trying to score cheap points.
Particularly, ignore kobojunkie and Eko-Ole
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by chines4(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Another OBVIOUS PROBLEM . . . with so many OBVIOUS solutions . . . and you were asking people to proffer solutions again why? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

You want people to sit down and wait for government to proffer solutions?. Have they finished sharing Ghana must go in Abuja?. I still believe that we can still team together to fight erosion with or without government help.
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2011
chines4:

You want people to sit down and wait for government to proffer solutions?. Have they finished sharing Ghana must go in Abuja?. I still believe that we can still team together to fight erosion with or without government help.

Again . . . .
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt] For crying out loud, you already pay these people to look for solutions and actually FIX the problems. You pay them millions each year so they can have access to experts and all they need to find and deliver solutions to you. But here you are making yourself what? Solution FINDER for your government? [/size] undecided undecided undecided undecided

Smart Nairalander to everyone else  : "[b]I cut my hand, and I need a doctor-- please proffer a solution!
" grin

You have to learn to read posts very carefully, so you can better understand what is being asked of you. 

Let me help you here . . . . since the 1980's we have known that the problem has been bad drainage and deforestation. There has been numerous reports on this, and data collected to show this. Solutions have been suggested up the wazoo, and the people made to understand that their government needs to do better in managing the situation.
Millions of naira has been spent on campaigns to help awaken people on the need to protect their surroundings and their properties. Even the Government visited by environmentalists from around the globe to discuss their(your government's) way forward. And even after all that, your GOVERNMENT REFUSES to tackle the issue head on.

So tell me  . . .

-- Why, in the year 2011, are you still here proffering solutions that have been COMMON KNOWLEDGE since the 1980's?
-- Why are you sitting down here PROFFERING solutions when the solutions have been ANNOUNCED THOUSANDS of times over on the airways for your Government, and the people to hear and know?
-- What does your PROFFERING of Common sense solutions do to the situation?

I get the sense that a lot of people on here are convinced that somehow when you ask others to proffer solutions on issues that inaction on the part of your government remains the major reason for, it makes you feel like intelligent folks but I am sorry . . . I don't see it!
Re: Landslide Gulps 13 Buildings, Sacks 28 Families In Anambra by chines4(m): 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2011
chines4:

That what government knows how to do, You don't get me. Since 1981 government have done nothing, the situation is getting worse. Do we continue to wait for government, that have refused to do what they are suppose to do. Or do we take our destiny in our own hands and fight erosion on our own. All the other solutions have always been on what the government should do. What about what the individuals should do, without waiting for government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MASSOB Not Aware Of Proposed Biafra Republic Day - Uwazuruike / Edo 2020: Results From Polling Units (PHOTOS) / Federal Ministry Of Environment Reacts To Rosewood Exports Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.