Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,262 members, 7,860,605 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:12 PM

2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors (43319 Views)

Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again / El-Rufai: My Successor Will Demolish More Houses Than Me / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by cosmatika(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2022
Baba Buhari we are behind you
Tinubu will not smell that seat

8 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by FalseProphet1(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2022
Jonathan is the long awaited successor.

This I have seen.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by PlayerMeji: 5:59pm On May 31, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Oracleforce: 5:59pm On May 31, 2022
Daviddson:
Please, let it be Rotimi Amaechi, because if you pick Osinbajo, Tinubu will see it as a grand gang up and humiliation.

Rotimi might not be the best fit...
Since Atiku has emerged as the PDP presidential candidate...
So, it is either Law an Ahmed or Oshibajo with one strong and core Muslim northern....
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Yankee101: 6:01pm On May 31, 2022
Osinbajo, from the wordings

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by southsouthking(m): 6:01pm On May 31, 2022
Oti ti zeh.

We talk am but una nor listen.
From the body language, i could tell it's Prof Osibanjo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Bluffly: 6:02pm On May 31, 2022
Ebunoluwa2020:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/533866-just-in-2023-i-want-to-pick-my-successor-support-me-buhari-tells-apc-governors.html

Why would he pick his successor. Is he the entire Nigeria? Our opinions is not vested in him so let him shift. Nonsense ideologies

7 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 31, 2022
duwdu:
LoL, I'm surprised the Premium Times formulated this kind of click-bait headline from the body of the story.

There's no where in the story itself Buhari said he wanted to pick his successor.

These Nigerian journalists/editors def. cheesy

P34c3

This Tunde obviously cannot read.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Gkay1(m): 6:05pm On May 31, 2022
Time for stammer to his father's name
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Allisgud: 6:06pm On May 31, 2022
Who wants buhari to pick him as successor,that person don fail already

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by phineas: 6:06pm On May 31, 2022
Interesting times ahead. Sounds like he is about to endorse Osibanjo.A christian from the south is the right move at this time.

To promote National interest is to promote a southern side christian Presidency instead of a muslim muslim ticket. In a country such as ours this is VERY important.Its called ensuring diversity in the selction process

7 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Nchenches: 6:06pm On May 31, 2022
Dictator, president Muhammadu Buhari.

Nigeria's roguish political structure crafted by northern soldiers between 1967-1996 made Buhari a dictator.
It's not that Buhari or his northern colleagues are the most politically savvy in Nigeria.

No country formed by diverse regions ever used land mass or population as criterion to proliferate too many new political units (states, regions, LGAs) in a region that has larger land mass or population than other regions, except Nigeria.

Restructure Nigeria politically now, or dissolve the fraudulent country now, into more manageable countries.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by feedthenation(m): 6:07pm On May 31, 2022
Richardonald:
I can bet buhari candidate is YEMI, APC best bet is a southern Christian and a strong northern Muslim, a Christian candidate cant gather enough votes in the north, osinbajo will have more votes in the west than BAT, those of you saying that it is only BAT that can match PDP in terms of money in election, the billions APC is raking from aspirant, where do you think they will use it for, are you trying to say APC have not budgeted billions for election..

Yemi can gather at least 25% votes in the SS/SE zone than BAT, since PDP refuse to field a southern candidate, for instance how many states did BAT visit during his meeting with delegates in the SS/SE zone, I think it's only Delta states..

What am sure is that APC candidate will come from the west, preferable YEMI OSINBAJO with a strong northern Muslim, it will sail. North being a strong APC zone..

---But will Tinubu accept this?---
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Belial06: 6:08pm On May 31, 2022
Penguin2:
The way I will laugh at Tinubu Urchins when Buhari finally names his successor eh grin

Well they better don’t come to Nairaland after Tinubu is served the monumental breakfast of the century grin

6 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by King44(m): 6:08pm On May 31, 2022
Make we no go hear things like Amaechi or one northern

Buhari is full of surprises

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by olowo1930: 6:09pm On May 31, 2022
How can Mr President picks successor candidate when all have bought forms and campaign throughout the whole country. It shows sense is missing among the people of our authority. God heal this country from Dens of lions. If reigning party can't produce credible candidate on time, I wonder what they have be doing for 7yrs in office .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Kollins11: 6:09pm On May 31, 2022
Penguin2:
The way I will laugh at Tinubu Urchins when Buhari finally names his successor eh grin

Well they better don’t come to Nairaland after Tinubu is served the monumental breakfast of the century grin
They will all deactivate their nairaland accounts.

12 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 31, 2022
If Buhari is not involved, Oshibajo wouldn't have the gut to contest against Tinubu

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by mastermaestro(m): 6:11pm On May 31, 2022
duwdu:
LoL, I'm surprised the Premium Times formulated this kind of click-bait headline from the body of the story.

There's no where in the story itself Buhari said he wanted to pick his successor.

These Nigerian journalists/editors def. cheesy

P34c3

Are you a blind illiterate? Stop embarrassing yourself! Go back and read the news report all over again. angry

5 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Mozegee: 6:11pm On May 31, 2022
I see his successor being Rotimi Amaechi
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by jaybest90(m): 6:12pm On May 31, 2022
Osinbajo or Amechi
Say no to tilumbu

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by SOPIGO: 6:12pm On May 31, 2022
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Emekaterry: 6:13pm On May 31, 2022
Tinubu go dey shiver as thing come be now.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Zeemam: 6:13pm On May 31, 2022
O ti zeh
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by LollySeaSide: 6:13pm On May 31, 2022
Buhari's mind:
Osinbajo - President
Ahmed Lawan - VP.
He wants the presidency to go to the South West and return to the North thereafter.
Since a muslim-muslim ticket will be difficult to fly and Buhari and his cabal will never opt for a northern Christian as a vice presidential candidate, Tinubu's chances are almost non-existent.
Also, Osinbajo's choice will set up a religious bias in the Southwest should Tinubu decide to contest another under another party.
Buhari is also sympathetic to the course of the North East as far as the presidency is concerned.
The plan is for Osinbajo to handover to Lawan, a North Eastener.
Buhari believes that this promise is juicy enough to drive voters from the northeast towards APC, again and against Atiku Abubakar.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by frog12: 6:15pm On May 31, 2022
what is OBASEKI doing there ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:15pm On May 31, 2022
Ashiwaju Jagaban is coming, The Successor himself

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 6:16pm On May 31, 2022
Penguin2:

grin

Hmmmm

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by mastermaestro(m): 6:16pm On May 31, 2022
Batam:
If Buhari is not involved, Oshibajo wouldn't have the gut to contest against Tinubu

Exactly. Tinubu knew the plan very early, that’s why he kicked off his nationwide tour, consultation and campaign ahead of other aspirants.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: I Can't Afford To Pay N100000 To Each Of My 4 Drivers - SGF Akume / North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup –prof. Ango Abdullahi / Did Any APC Presidential Aspirant Visit South-East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.