Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,139 members, 7,860,093 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors (43311 Views)

Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again / El-Rufai: My Successor Will Demolish More Houses Than Me / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 6:33pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:
We cannot support another Northerner
Well, Why don't you want another Northerner?

Is a Northerner not a Nigerian?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by olatuns2017: 6:33pm On May 31, 2022
Ebunoluwa2020:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/533866-just-in-2023-i-want-to-pick-my-successor-support-me-buhari-tells-apc-governors.html

As far as the Primaries is concern

If elections is held Tinubu will win hands down

TINUBU will not accept consensus

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Basic123: 6:34pm On May 31, 2022
But I keep asking myself.

What offence did Tinubu commit that is making Buhari treating him this way despite the fact that he contributed 60% of effort to make him the president.?
when APC was formed ACN had 7 governors,20 senators, 80+ HOR members while Buhari CPC had just one governor and 3 senators.Tinubu sponsored his campaign both in primary and main election and also did the same in 2019.

I want a reasonable answer from a reasonable person please?..I want an intellectual discussion please,especially from a neutral angle..not from Afonja or Nyaminrin angle...Thanks

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 6:34pm On May 31, 2022
humberjade:
Osibanjo or Amaechi

After how buhari picked adamu,I can't predict who he would pick.usually,he picks from people who have longterm relations with him till adamu happened
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 6:35pm On May 31, 2022
Basic123:

What offence did Tinubu commit that is making Buhari treating him this way despite the fact that he contributed 60% of effort to make him the president.?
when APC was formed ACN had 7 governors,20 senators, 80+ HOR members while Buhari CPC had just one governor and 3 senators.Tinubu sponsored his campaign both in primary and main election and also did the same in 2019.

I want a reasonable answer from a reasonable person please?..I want an intellectual discussion please,especially from a neutral angle..not from Afonja or Nyaminrin angle...Thanks
What makes you think the Consensus won't be Bola Tinubu?

7 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Gozac: 6:35pm On May 31, 2022
humberjade:
Osibanjo or Amaechi
Most probably the later. He is a sure bet for APC
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 6:36pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

Well, Why don't you want another Northerner?

Is a Northerner not a Nigerian?

I hope you are joking.by the way,I know he won't pick from the north.from how adamu emerged,he respects party zoning and sensibilities.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Gozac: 6:37pm On May 31, 2022
Basic123:

Politics is s game of interest not alliance

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Earthquakes: 6:37pm On May 31, 2022
donphilopus:

Why are you Osinbajo' supporters scared of open contest? Someone who can't win primaries, how would he win the general election?

Because he doesn't have bullion van to share
And he doesn't have slaves he had helped become governors or senators
Because he is not a godfather, unless you want a political godfather as your own president, as for me I want someone neutral and intelligent

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 6:37pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

I was about quoting you.am not sure it means what you think but if true,atiku is wasting his tine
What's your opinion of it
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 6:37pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

As in eh.if he can pick adamu, he can also pick tinubu
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by slivertongue: 6:37pm On May 31, 2022
Moferere:
Consensus is loading!

Maybe ANPP block
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by humberjade: 6:38pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

After how buhari picked adamu,I can't predict who he would pick.usually,he picks from people who have longterm relations with him till adamu happened

So who do you have in mind?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 6:38pm On May 31, 2022
Ojuntana:

What's your opinion of it

I feel buhari will pick from ss/se to assuage feelings.this is the same thing he did during the runup to the party congress,he met with a stakeholders
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 6:39pm On May 31, 2022
humberjade:

So who do you have in mind?

Any candidate from the south.it could be anyone
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 6:39pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

See, Buhari will pick his successor as I have always said since last year and everyone must support him.

He made it quite direct that he didn't interfere in their respective picks as second term Govs so no-one is expected to attack his own decision.

He must have made his decision long time ago and I know it's someone who don't have the groundswell of support. For Atiku, his Vice is going to SS... The SE will vote for their interests and not for Party

Spot on.

All those neophytes shouting Osinbajo are just deceiving themselves.
If it was Osinbajo, he won't wait to the eleventh hour to unveil him.
Besides, I get this eerie feeling he doesn't want anyone associated with Tinubu and he feels the SW has benefitted too much

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by humberjade: 6:39pm On May 31, 2022
Gozac:

Most probably the later. He is a sure bet for APC

Let's wait and see. grin
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 6:39pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

I hope you are joking.by the way,I know he won't pick from the north.from how adamu emerged,he respects party zoning and sensibilities.
President/VP since 1999
NE - 8 years
SE - 0
NW - 16 years
SW - 16 years
NC - 0
SS - 8 years

So? The North is NW or NE or NC, you were talking about?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by BlazinGlory40: 6:39pm On May 31, 2022
TheRareGem1:
grin grin grin. Simple. Since governors pick their successors. Support PMB to do same.

PYO Presidency loading

What if PYO isn’t his choice? Would you still support the eventual candidate?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 6:40pm On May 31, 2022
slivertongue:

Maybe ANPP block

/acn
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 6:40pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

I ask why because since 1999:

President/VP since 1999
NE - 8 years
SE - 0
NW - 16 years
SW - 16 years
NC - 0
SS - 8 years

So? The North is NW or NE or NC, you were talking about?

Did Nigeria start in 1999
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Basic123: 6:40pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

But its not looking toward direction.
Let's assume he is not,what could have made Buhari to behave that way,despite that total and 100 support!.Tinubu has never for once criticize buhari government. He even takes bullets and embarrassments for their failure,yet they themselves are being glorified and he is being demonized!

What was his sin just after APC won that 2015 election?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by humberjade: 6:41pm On May 31, 2022
slivertongue:

Maybe ANPP block

No one in the NNPP block can deliver the Presidency for APC.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Gozac: 6:41pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

See, Buhari will pick his successor as I have always said since last year and everyone must support him.

He made it quite direct that he didn't interfere in their respective picks as second term Govs so no-one is expected to attack his own decision.

He must have made his decision long time ago and I know it's someone who don't have the groundswell of support. For Atiku, his Vice is going to SS... The SE will vote for their interests and not for Party
PMB'S candidate is nobody but Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi. I have seen this a long time ago and waiting for the manifestation by June 8.
He will certainly have his way
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 6:41pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

We cannot support another northerner
Hmmm but you know if it's a northerner, you're caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.
The alternative is PDP and a northerner.
So which will you go with?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Okobola146: 6:42pm On May 31, 2022
Davidic419:
That's the norm if you want your legacy to live on. An incumbent will definitely want someone who would continue in the same line of conversation. Someone who is trustworthy and loyal
someone to continue with his failure
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Basic123: 6:42pm On May 31, 2022
Earthquakes:

Because he doesn't have bullion van to share
And he doesn't have slaves he had helped become governors or senators
Because he is not a godfather, unless you want a political godfather as your own president, as for me I want someone neutral and intelligent
Forget about the blackmail

TINUBU IS FAR MORE INTELLIGENT THAN OSINBAJO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 6:43pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

I feel buhari will pick from ss/se to assuage feelings.this is the same thing he did during the runup to the party congress,he met with a stakeholders
Hmmm. That means APC SW is out the window.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by humberjade: 6:43pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

Any candidate from the south.it could be anyone

Anyone outside the trio of Amaechi, Osinbajo and Tinubu from the South is outright suicide for APC.

GEJ will dismantle the party
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Gozac: 6:43pm On May 31, 2022
PMB is a seasoned politician who keeps his card close and tightly to his chest. He drops vague hints of his direction from time to time
that keep seasoned politicians and political pundits guessing
He creates an air of nonchalance that makes politicians denigrate his political wizardry and machinations most times to their chagrin
He then springs surprises that takes them unaware when they least expected it
At the end he usually have his way
Come June 7 PMB'S candidate will surely be the flag bearer of APC
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Change4dbeta: 6:44pm On May 31, 2022
Bluffly:

Why would he pick his successor. Is he the entire Nigeria? Our opinions is not vested in him so let him shift. Nonsense ideologies
It’s not a new thing in Nigeria,
some past governors have rule their state indirect for years by choosing their successor
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by AutoChick4U(f): 6:44pm On May 31, 2022
Successor as per na him father throne

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: I Can't Afford To Pay N100000 To Each Of My 4 Drivers - SGF Akume / Did Any APC Presidential Aspirant Visit South-East? / You Have No Idea What Is Going On In Kano, Kwankwaso Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.