Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,317 members, 7,860,765 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:49 PM

2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors (43321 Views)

Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again / El-Rufai: My Successor Will Demolish More Houses Than Me / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 31, 2022
Nackzy:
Your successor will be worse
if no be say Buhari nah Nigeria president, I for stone you. Lol
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by GreenCovering: 6:46pm On May 31, 2022
“Our objective must be the victory of our party and our choice of candidate must be someone who would give the Nigerian masses a sense of victory and confidence even before the elections” - Buhari.

Support Jagaban already, he's got this spread.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 6:47pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

Did Nigeria start in 1999
Ok .. let me rephrase since 1960 grin

NE - 14 years
SE - 4 years 6 months
NW - 28 years
SW - 19 years 3 months
NC - 18 years
SS - 8 years

Which part of the North again?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by SupremeSpecimen: 6:48pm On May 31, 2022
Davidic419:
That's the norm if you want your legacy to live on. An incumbent will definitely want someone who would continue in the same line of conversation. Someone who is trustworthy and loyal

Sounds more like Godfatherism than democracy.

But okay if you say so...

Another 8yrs for Buhari by proxy.
That's wonderful. Definitely deserved
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 6:49pm On May 31, 2022
Gozac:

PMB'S candidate is nobody but Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi. I have seen this a long time ago and waiting for the manifestation by June 8.
He will certainly have his way
There are areas he hasn't done so well anyways but I wish him the very best of luck.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by blacknoir: 6:50pm On May 31, 2022
Penguin2:
The way I will laugh at Tinubu Urchins when Buhari finally names his successor eh grin

Well they better don’t come to Nairaland after Tinubu is served the monumental breakfast of the century grin
I really hope u are right because tinubu is now saying he won't step down for anyone.i hope he doesn't win
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 6:50pm On May 31, 2022
He's free to make his pick,
The delegates are also free to do whatever they like on the day of the primary.

And for those who are down the food chain, I mean those who are stuck at the bottom of the totem pole, you either support the presidential anointed candidate or go for the delegates choice.
Sadly enough, those that will vote in the next president might not be among us.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 6:51pm On May 31, 2022
Basic123:
But I keep asking myself.

What offence did Tinubu commit that is making Buhari treating him this way despite the fact that he contributed 60% of effort to make him the president.?
when APC was formed ACN had 7 governors,20 senators, 80+ HOR members while Buhari CPC had just one governor and 3 senators.Tinubu sponsored his campaign both in primary and main election and also did the same in 2019.

I want a reasonable answer from a reasonable person please?..I want an intellectual discussion please,especially from a neutral angle..not from Afonja or Nyaminrin angle...Thanks
Simple. Two factors or three if I may.

1. Buhari sees Tinubu as too powerful. Don't blame him. Anyone in his shoes will. One of the laws of power is to never outshine the master. Tinubu should not have accepted being called "national leader". It ultimately led to a clash of egos.
2. Political calculations at this point do not favour a SW presidency for anyone with a neutral mind, most especially a Muslim Southwest. SW have had 8 years presidency, 8 years VP, 8 years speakership. It can be easily said that they are the biggest beneficiary of political power in this dispensation. Add that to a Muslim presidency on a Muslim/Muslim ticket after 8 years of a Muslim North presidency and the imbalance looks worse. Even an ethnocentric Buhari can see how bad that looks.
3. Legacy issues. If Buhari hands over to a Tinubu, he can kiss his own legacy bye bye. Buhari came in on spartan ideals not money politics or flamboyance. He actually loathes political moneybags. An emergence of Tinubu is an acceptance of that era coming back.

Hope you get it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 6:51pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

Ok .. let me rephrase since 1960 grin

NE - 14 years
SE - 4 years 6 months
NW - 28 years
SW - 19 years 3 months
NC - 18 years
SS - 16 years

Which part of the North again?

Ss 16 years or 6 years?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 6:52pm On May 31, 2022
humberjade:

Anyone outside the trio of Amaechi, Osinbajo and Tinubu from the South is outright suicide for APC.

GEJ will dismantle the party

You are not getting it.buhari is installing someone
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by eldoradoxx: 6:52pm On May 31, 2022
If all outgoing APC Governors were allowed to pick their successors without party interference, If Tinubu could hire and fire Governors in Lagos without anyone questioning him, then it follows naturally that Buhari should be allowed to singlehandedly name his successor and any Governor who dares object would be dealt with. When they were all celebrating recently for allowing them control their party structures in their States and producing their potential successors in the general election, I knew it was a game plan, a sort of a bribe by the party to accept who ever Buhari names as his successor afterwards. If Obj did it, then why not Buhari the cabal will argue.
For one man from Iragbiji who has been screening on top of his voice that he won't accept any consensus that is not himself does not know he is daring Buhari, let him pray that he is the President's favorite, because when the chips are down Governors who own the delegates that will vote will abandon him, after all they have been settled well by the party.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 6:53pm On May 31, 2022
Ojuntana:

Hmmm. That means APC SW is out the window.

No,it could be anyone from the south including tinubu ironically.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 6:53pm On May 31, 2022
Ojuntana:

Hmmm but you know if it's a northerner, you're caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.
The alternative is PDP and a northerner.
So which will you go with?

Peter obi
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by TOMMYS: 6:53pm On May 31, 2022
Basic123:
But I keep asking myself.

What offence did Tinubu commit that is making Buhari treating him this way despite the fact that he contributed 60% of effort to make him the president.?
when APC was formed ACN had 7 governors,20 senators, 80+ HOR members while Buhari CPC had just one governor and 3 senators.Tinubu sponsored his campaign both in primary and main election and also did the same in 2019.

I want a reasonable answer from a reasonable person please?..I want an intellectual discussion please,especially from a neutral angle..not from Afonja or Nyaminrin angle...Thanks

Tinubu felt he could become president after Buhari.

Tinubu wouldn't say he didn't know what Buhari represents.

He wanted presidency at all cost, that's why he betrayed Jonathan.

A northerner will always use a southerner to betray his kinsmen then reward the rat. ...

However, see Buhari Endorsing Tinubu.

But the north will all vote for Atiku of the Apc.

It will look demeaning if Apc alone present a president from the north

Pdp presents a northern candidate. The north votes the northern
After 8 years, Apc will present a northern candidate and the north will still vote a northerner.

Apc and Pdp are one and the Same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by TOMMYS: 6:54pm On May 31, 2022
N
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by tunapawizzy: 6:55pm On May 31, 2022
TheRareGem1:
grin grin grin. Simple. Since governors pick their successors. Support PMB to do same.

PYO Presidency loading
Hahaha @ least someone has been picking successive governors in his state since he left office in 2007....its only fair that Buhari picks his immediate successor , at least the one that will fly his party's flag...loooooool
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by IfnobeGod20: 6:56pm On May 31, 2022
Bluffly:

Why would he pick his successor. Is he the entire Nigeria? Our opinions is not vested in him so let him shift. Nonsense ideologies
Olodo, did he says, he would swear in his successor?
What he is pleading for is a party affair and he has Right of First Refusal which all governors always use to chose their successors without anyone interfering.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by BigYash: 6:56pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

Temper Justice with Mercy, Sir
grin
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by tunapawizzy: 6:57pm On May 31, 2022
Smithkafors:
SE/SS will support you.
Even a lot of us from the south west...
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by CyberWolf: 6:58pm On May 31, 2022
Una go shock Buhari go choose Tinubu grin Forget if not for age, me self like the guy. He has gut and charisma and will surely do well if not for age. Me I’m anyone except a northerner angry
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Duru009(m): 7:00pm On May 31, 2022
He might likely pick Osinbajo but he will lose gallently......

Osinbajo has charisma but lack national structure for a PRESIDENTIAL election.......
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by SupremeSpecimen: 7:00pm On May 31, 2022
inioluwa03:
No president in the World will not have interest in who succeeds him

You people are playing smart with the English language.

You know damn well there's a difference between having a preference and single handedly PICKING a successor.

Nigeria is NOT a KINGDOM

You're not talking to single digit waec scorers here..lol
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 7:01pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

Ss 16 years or 6 years?
Thank you it's 8.

VP/President - 8 years
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by eldoradoxx: 7:02pm On May 31, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Buhari allow electorates to choose your successor. We don't want someone like you again
Electorates will either accept or reject Buhari's choice of APC candidate in the general election. For now, it is party affair.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 7:02pm On May 31, 2022
Basic123:

But its not looking toward direction.
Let's assume he is not,what could have made Buhari to behave that way,despite that total and 100 support!.Tinubu has never for once criticize buhari government. He even takes bullets and embarrassments for their failure,yet they themselves are being glorified and he is being demonized!

What was his sin just after APC won that 2015 election?
He can pick anyone of those aspirants. Everyone including Ayade and Yahaya Bello have a chance.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by tunapawizzy: 7:02pm On May 31, 2022
phineas:
Interesting times ahead. Sounds like he is about to endorse Osibanjo.A christian from the south is the right move at this time.

To promote National interest is to promote a southern side christian Presidency instead of a muslim muslim ticket. In a country such as ours this is VERY important.Its called ensuring diversity in the selction process
The north will not want a southern Muslim to protect the birthright of Northern Muslims when power returns to the north
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Unigrad: 7:02pm On May 31, 2022
Ebunoluwa2020:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/533866-just-in-2023-i-want-to-pick-my-successor-support-me-buhari-tells-apc-governors.html
Is this picture from today's meeting?
I am seeing Governor Godwin Obaseki sitting, is he one of the APC Governors?
Less than a year for Buhari to go, the hardship caused by him and his administration is so much.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Josh2fun: 7:03pm On May 31, 2022
Richardonald:
I can bet buhari candidate is YEMI, APC best bet is a southern Christian and a strong northern Muslim, a Christian candidate cant gather enough votes in the north, osinbajo will have more votes in the west than BAT, those of you saying that it is only BAT that can match PDP in terms of money in election, the billions APC is raking from aspirant, where do you think they will use it for, are you trying to say APC have not budgeted billions for election..
B
You forget to mention Tunde Bakare , he might be the preferred candidate of Mr President.

Yemi can gather at least 25% votes in the SS/SE zone than BAT, since PDP refuse to field a southern candidate, for instance how many states did BAT visit during his meeting with delegates in the SS/SE zone, I think it's only Delta states..

What am sure is that APC candidate will come from the west, preferable YEMI OSINBAJO with a strong northern Muslim, it will sail. North being a strong APC zone..
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Bluffly: 7:03pm On May 31, 2022
Ojuntana:

Calm down na. He's your party leader. Apes obey!!
Mr Ape your party leader
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 7:03pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

Thank you it's 8.

VP/President - 8 years

Am talking of presidency not vice.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by CyberWolf: 7:03pm On May 31, 2022
Duru009:
He might likely pick Osinbajo but he will lose gallently......

Osinbajo has charisma but lack national structure for a PRESIDENTIAL election.......
As long as the party has structure, he will win.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 7:04pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

He can pick anyone of those aspirants. Everyone including Ayade and Yahaya Bello have a chance.
Very true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did Any APC Presidential Aspirant Visit South-East? / Tinubu: People Now Volunteering To Confront Me, Lion Of Bourdilon / Soldier Narrates How He Survived Boko Haram Attack On Christmas Eve(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.