Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,195 members, 7,860,285 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:53 AM

2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors (43316 Views)

Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again / El-Rufai: My Successor Will Demolish More Houses Than Me / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by chibrolex(m): 7:43pm On May 31, 2022
King44:
Make we no go hear things like Amaechi or one northern

Buhari is full of surprises

so before you no know say na Amaechi be buhari choice

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Saintinoo(m): 7:44pm On May 31, 2022
Ebunoluwa2020:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/533866-just-in-2023-i-want-to-pick-my-successor-support-me-buhari-tells-apc-governors.html
I Will never argue with Yoruba and Tinubu supporters again, I remember telling them this same thing since last year.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by simplesearch: 7:51pm On May 31, 2022
phineas:
Interesting times ahead. Sounds like he is about to endorse Osibanjo.A christian from the south is the right move at this time.

To promote National interest is to promote a southern side christian Presidency instead of a muslim muslim ticket. In a country such as ours this is VERY important.Its called ensuring diversity in the selction process

I wonder why Atiku for whatever reason will intend to replace Buhari after eight years in a Northern Muslim in power. Justice demands that power rotate between this two region accordingly, either per four years or eight. Whoever emerges from within that contest between SW/SE, NE/NW will be a matter of political alliances and compromise. With what IPOB/UGM have turned the east to in recent times, who will with confidence hand them power? It will be a difficult game, except to someone who is exceptionally trustworthy with proven track record of loyalty.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 7:52pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

He can pick anyone of those aspirants. Everyone including Ayade and Yahaya Bello have a chance.
Does Bubu look like a joke to you?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 7:53pm On May 31, 2022
Ojuntana:

Remove Tinubu from the list

We can't.no one saw adamu coming
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Basic123: 7:53pm On May 31, 2022
eldoradoxx:
Tinubu is like that guy everyone had in his class. He is not that academically bright but he is street smart. He makes a lot of money while his classmates are busy studying. During examine, he brings his cash to work for him. He settles the whole class to enable him copy. He pays the brightest student in his class to do his assignments and sit close to him during exams and test and of course passes well.
This is a simple demonstration of the man Tinubu. Osinbanjo, Fashola etc are like the classmates in my story above.
to be street smart,you have to be intelligent.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Bimpe29: 7:54pm On May 31, 2022
If APC is a product, can you use your hard earned money to buy it?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 7:54pm On May 31, 2022
Ojuntana:

Does Bubu look like a joke to you?
What do you want me to say nah?
grin
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Saintinoo(m): 7:54pm On May 31, 2022
phineas:
Interesting times ahead. Sounds like he is about to endorse Osibanjo.A christian from the south is the right move at this time.

To promote National interest is to promote a southern side christian Presidency instead of a muslim muslim ticket. In a country such as ours this is VERY important.Its called ensuring diversity in the selction process

You people are funny, you have moved from Tinubu to Osibanjo... you think the North doesn't know that Osibanjo is Tinubu stooge?

Wait for another shock.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Basic123: 7:56pm On May 31, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Please can you list the 7 states ACN was controlling when APC was formed. Because as at 2015 Ondo and Ekiti are been controlled by PDP, living Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Edo and Osun. The other ones that defected are either PDP, ANPP, CPC or APGA. So, where come the ACN you're talking about?
Again, the vote cast by south west for APC in 2015 is less than 2.1m and PMB polled over 15m, so where did you get your mathematics of 60%?
You guys should stop this exaggeration. If Tinubu is so popular, he should have made Ribadu and Atiku president with his AC and ACN. Instead they were both condemned to third position when they vied while on those times, PMB were second.
Okay 5 states,...so how many states was buhari controlling?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by snowwhitenow: 7:56pm On May 31, 2022
Pick Amachi we all votes for him Lion of Ubima
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by snowwhitenow: 7:56pm On May 31, 2022
snowwhitenow:
Pick Amachi we all votes for him Lion of Ubima

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 7:57pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

What do you want me to say nah?
grin
The hard painful truth man
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 7:58pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

But we knew those who aren't coming. Bubu lives in his own world. Far away from this SM hype
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Cmanforall: 8:06pm On May 31, 2022
TheRareGem1:
grin grin grin. Simple. Since governors pick their successors. Support PMB to do same.

PYO Presidency loading
No!
That's not democracy!
He can pick his successor for Aisha
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 8:08pm On May 31, 2022
[quote author=Bluffly post=113349963]
Oponu daanidaani. What is his business in swearing in. Is he under the Judiciary. Ode. Must he plead. That is corruption. Mr corruption that wants to select his scuccesor in his own "words". You better go back to school or go and collect your change from your tution[/quote
Calm down na. It might even end up favoring your preferred candidate wink

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 8:10pm On May 31, 2022
Ojuntana:

But we knew those who aren't coming. Bubu lives in his own world. Far away from this SM hype

You can't know.buhari actually knows what is happening on SM but feigns ignorance
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Saintinoo(m): 8:11pm On May 31, 2022
Basic123:
But I keep asking myself.

What offence did Tinubu commit that is making Buhari treating him this way despite the fact that he contributed 60% of effort to make him the president.?
when APC was formed ACN had 7 governors,20 senators, 80+ HOR members while Buhari CPC had just one governor and 3 senators.Tinubu sponsored his campaign both in primary and main election and also did the same in 2019.

I want a reasonable answer from a reasonable person please?..I want an intellectual discussion please,especially from a neutral angle..not from Afonja or Nyaminrin angle...Thanks

The simple truth is this, it's not about Buhari or Tinubu, they North doesn't trust those southern politicians. The reason why you see them bringing Jonathan up is because they have tested him and they trust him to some extent.

Forget what Nairaland political analyst are saying, North plays politics if hatred, if you are not a Northerner or if they won't benefit, they won't support you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by 007lss: 8:13pm On May 31, 2022
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Mhudi: 8:16pm On May 31, 2022
Why would the party allowed members to spend ₦100m in picking forms and then turned around to say consensus? This is injustice and undemocratic.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Gorgeous4lyf(m): 8:18pm On May 31, 2022
donphilopus:

Why are you Osinbajo' supporters scared of open contest? Someone who can't win primaries, how would he win the general election?

Primaries are different from the general elections. Few induced people may determine who wins the primaries. The real will of the people is not usually decided or determined by primaries and this you know quite well.

In all sincerity, do you think Nigerians would prefer a Tinubu over an Osinbajo as president?
Do you also think an Osinbajo can defeat a Tinubu at the primaries?

Judge for yourself.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by ityP(m): 8:20pm On May 31, 2022
donphilopus:

Why are you Osinbajo' supporters scared of open contest? Someone who can't win primaries, how would he win the general election?

Why do governors anoint candidates? Why are they scared of open contest? Candidates who can't win primaries, how do they win governorship elections? You're just a clown
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Mhudi: 8:27pm On May 31, 2022
Buhari is a Fulani and is completing is 2 terms of eight years. It will only be fair for power to return to the South. Another eight years presidency of a Fulani be it Atiku or any other is an undeniable evidence that the Fulani's conquest of Nigeria is complete.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 8:29pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

Adamu is an antithesis to Tinubu. Adamu stood no chance normally. He was not the popular candidate.
Tinubu is the popular candidate. If it were him, buhari would not need to remind the govs he needs to choose his successor. Instead, hell just let things play out.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Donaldomo(m): 8:29pm On May 31, 2022
Powerful and accurate analysis, dear namesake! I duff my hat.

Richardonald:
I can bet buhari candidate is YEMI, APC best bet is a southern Christian and a strong northern Muslim, a Christian candidate cant gather enough votes in the north, osinbajo will have more votes in the west than BAT, those of you saying that it is only BAT that can match PDP in terms of money in election, the billions APC is raking from aspirant, where do you think they will use it for, are you trying to say APC have not budgeted billions for election..

Yemi can gather at least 25% votes in the SS/SE zone than BAT, since PDP refuse to field a southern candidate, for instance how many states did BAT visit during his meeting with delegates in the SS/SE zone, I think it's only Delta states..

What am sure is that APC candidate will come from the west, preferable YEMI OSINBAJO with a strong northern Muslim, it will sail. North being a strong APC zone..
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 8:31pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

You can't know.buhari actually knows what is happening on SM but feigns ignorance
Ok. So buhari will be swayed by SM abi.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by biggie73(m): 8:32pm On May 31, 2022
Nonsense. This is not Buhari household. Many players made up APC. Buhari couldn't even campaign for his re-election in 2019. Bola had to do it for him.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by King44(m): 8:37pm On May 31, 2022
chibrolex:
so before you no know say na Amaechi be buhari choice
walahi error of a choice wey carry Nig enter gbese
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 8:37pm On May 31, 2022
Ojuntana:

Adamu is an antithesis to Tinubu. Adamu stood no chance normally. He was not the popular candidate.
Tinubu is the popular candidate. If it were him, buhari would not need to remind the govs he needs to choose his successor. Instead, hell just let things play out.

As far as its south.thee entrance of obi and kwankwaso has opened up the political space.we would now have 3/4 party systems like in the first republic
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by ityP(m): 8:37pm On May 31, 2022
Daviddson:
Please, let it be Rotimi Amaechi, because if you pick Osinbajo, Tinubu will see it as a grand gang up and humiliation.

Facts. It will be painful for Tinubu to see. Even his supporters will be mad. If it's Amaechi, they can throw in a narrative and Tinubu might take it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okorocha's State-of-the-arts Dialysis Center (Photos) / Bayo Omoboriowo Meets Barack Obama (Photo) / Heavy Explosions, Gunshots Rock Maiduguri, Scores Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.