Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,938 members, 7,848,783 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:18 AM

2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors (43290 Views)

Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again / El-Rufai: My Successor Will Demolish More Houses Than Me / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by 77up(m): 7:04pm On May 31, 2022
duwdu:
LoL, I'm surprised the Premium Times formulated this kind of click-bait headline from the body of the story.

There's no where in the story itself Buhari said he wanted to pick his successor.

These Nigerian journalists/editors sef. cheesy

P34c3
We actually need such wobble news to keep those fl@thead idiots busy grin

Can't you see how stupid they can be for believing that Buhari can camp governors in a room and be telling them this nonsense.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by silibaba: 7:05pm On May 31, 2022
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by tunapawizzy: 7:06pm On May 31, 2022
Bluffly:

Why would he pick his successor. Is he the entire Nigeria? Our opinions is not vested in him so let him shift. Nonsense ideologies
Well it's not ideal, but nothing is ideal naija politics, someone has been picking lagos governors since 2007, meanwhile he's picking candidate of his party, Nigerians can choose to reject the person at the polls. So it's their party affair, if u belong to their party u have a right to complain
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Bluffly: 7:06pm On May 31, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Olodo, did he says, he would swear in his successor?
What he is pleading for is a party affair and he has Right of First Refusal which all governors always use to chose their successors without anyone interfering.
Oponu daanidaani. What is his business in swearing in. Is he under the Judiciary. Ode. Must he plead. That is corruption. Mr corruption that wants to select his scuccesor in his own "words". You better go back to school or go and collect your change from your tution
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Invitationn: 7:07pm On May 31, 2022
Davidic419:
That's the norm if you want your legacy to live on. An incumbent will definitely want someone who would continue in the same line of conversation. Someone who is trustworthy and loyal
With Buhari completing his 2nd term, he's not got much to lose if the party loses because of his hand picked "successor".
That's where the governor's and other party stakeholders come in.

They'll be like, we'll support you only if your successor has what it takes to not keep us out of our jobs.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 7:07pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

Very true
Hahahahahaha... Why did you remove White Lion's name?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Bluffly: 7:07pm On May 31, 2022
tunapawizzy:

Well it's not ideal, but nothing is ideal naija politics, someone has been picking lagos governors since 2007, meanwhile he's picking candidate of his party, Nigerians can choose to reject the person at the polls. So it's their party affair, if u belong to their party u have a right to complain
Thank you for your positive analogy unlike some dimwits quoting me.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by tunapawizzy: 7:08pm On May 31, 2022
Batam:
If Buhari is not involved, Oshibajo wouldn't have the gut to contest against Tinubu
Osinbajos candidacy is not osinbajos battle, person wey no want wahala...
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 31, 2022
I will support him

okefranci:
President Buhari has spoken already and no other successor apart from Osinbajo
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by paramakina202: 7:12pm On May 31, 2022
Gozac:

PMB is a seasoned politician who keeps his card close and tightly to his chest. He drops vague hints of his direction from time to time
that keep seasoned politicians and political pundits guessing
He creates an air of nonchalance that makes politicians denigrate his political wizardry and machinations most times to their chagrin
He then springs surprises that takes them unaware when they least expected it
At the end he usually have his way
Come June 7 PMB'S candidate will surely be the flag bearer of APC

He will likely have his way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by eldoradoxx: 7:15pm On May 31, 2022
donphilopus:

Why are you Osinbajo' supporters scared of open contest? Someone who can't win primaries, how would he win the general election?
How do you allow a man who has sat on Lagos State purse from 1999 till date contest against the rest, what do u expect. Tinubu has made enough cash to pay APC delegates ten times of what Atiku, Wike, Tambuwal and Sarki paid PDP delegates combined. Same as Amechi who borrowed massively to construct political rail lines that drove Nigeria into serious debts. His pocket is deep too. Do u think that if there was no cash inducement Atiku will win PDP ticket or without any kobo cash inducement Tinubu will win APC ticket?
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by garfield1: 7:15pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

Hahahahahaha... Why did you remove White Lion's name?

No northerner
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Jackiedemie(m): 7:17pm On May 31, 2022
APC2:
The highest Tinubu can do is to decamp to another party.
If he carry APC to court, they will send EFCC after him.
He can't carry apc to court because all the aspirants have signed to abide with the decision of the NWC.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Penguin2: 7:18pm On May 31, 2022
blacknoir:

I really hope u are right because tinubu is now saying he won't step down for anyone.i hope he doesn't win

There’s something he has heard that’s making him say that.

It will be clearer in matter of days
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 7:19pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

No,it could be anyone from the south including tinubu ironically.

Remove Tinubu from the list
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by humberjade: 7:21pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

You are not getting it.buhari is installing someone

Installing as in cheiftancy title, kingship or autocracy? grin

He knows he can't install an unpopular candidate, considering the person is squaring up against Atiku. GEJ will dismantle the party. And the likes of Onu and Co that are being mentioned will lose b4 12noon on election day. Except of course he wants Atiku to have a smooth sail. And I won't be surprised considering he acted as the groom's father during Yusuf Buhari's wedding. I don't trust Fulanis with power.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by izubext007: 7:24pm On May 31, 2022
Chose Peter Obi sir , God bless you.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Gozac: 7:25pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:
That's what will happen.

"We will support you, Your Excellency."
Same here too

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by autodevice(m): 7:25pm On May 31, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by lordgideon: 7:27pm On May 31, 2022
It can only be VALIDUS 2 months from now you wish you should have starts, start now Validus to the World......... Note: Validus is not investment, it's called educational training packages and each educational package you purchased , you earn loyalty rewards from Loyalty Validus pool. DM if interested
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:28pm On May 31, 2022
Penguin2:
The way I will laugh at Tinubu Urchins when Buhari finally names his successor eh grin

Well they better don’t come to Nairaland after Tinubu is served the monumental breakfast of the century grin

And I will support it laff with a louder, hysterical and mechanical laugh
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by MarkStephen130(m): 7:28pm On May 31, 2022
This Man really want to finish Nigeria kpata kpata
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by IfnobeGod20: 7:30pm On May 31, 2022
Basic123:
But I keep asking myself.

What offence did Tinubu commit that is making Buhari treating him this way despite the fact that he contributed 60% of effort to make him the president.?
when APC was formed ACN had 7 governors,20 senators, 80+ HOR members while Buhari CPC had just one governor and 3 senators.Tinubu sponsored his campaign both in primary and main election and also did the same in 2019.

I want a reasonable answer from a reasonable person please?..I want an intellectual discussion please,especially from a neutral angle..not from Afonja or Nyaminrin angle...Thanks
Please can you list the 7 states ACN was controlling when APC was formed. Because as at 2015 Ondo and Ekiti are been controlled by PDP, living Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Edo and Osun. The other ones that defected are either PDP, ANPP, CPC or APGA. So, where come the ACN you're talking about?
Again, the vote cast by south west for APC in 2015 is less than 2.1m and PMB polled over 15m, so where did you get your mathematics of 60%?
You guys should stop this exaggeration. If Tinubu is so popular, he should have made Ribadu and Atiku president with his AC and ACN. Instead they were both condemned to third position when they vied while on those times, PMB were second.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by ukahrawah: 7:34pm On May 31, 2022
Rubbish.
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by ledaman: 7:34pm On May 31, 2022
It is only the flatinoz that would start jumping about this kangaroo news of consensus that is dead on arrival
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Bbbw: 7:35pm On May 31, 2022
What are you waiting for
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 7:36pm On May 31, 2022
Gbam
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ojuntana: 7:37pm On May 31, 2022
garfield1:

Peter obi
Be serious ns
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by eldoradoxx: 7:39pm On May 31, 2022
Basic123:

Forget about the blackmail

TINUBU IS FAR MORE INTELLIGENT THAN OSINBAJO
Tinubu is like that guy everyone had in his class. He is not that academically bright but he is street smart. He makes a lot of money while his classmates are busy studying. During examine, he brings his cash to work for him. He settles the whole class to enable him copy. He pays the brightest student in his class to do his assignments and sit close to him during exams and test and of course passes well.
This is a simple demonstration of the man Tinubu. Osinbanjo, Fashola etc are like the classmates in my story above.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by onlyempress(f): 7:40pm On May 31, 2022
What is obaseki doing there? undecided undecided undecided undecided I dey lost for that one ooo
Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by zedegit: 7:42pm On May 31, 2022
Ebunoluwa2020:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/533866-just-in-2023-i-want-to-pick-my-successor-support-me-buhari-tells-apc-governors.html

It's like pot calling kettle black. The Nigerian citizenship of all fulanis should be questioned. Most of them migrated into Nigeria with their cattle and adopted whatever state they settled in. It didn't end there, they killed their benefactors in those lands to expand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg / DSS Officials Resign Over Nepotism & Bad Leadership / President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.