Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,522 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs (17469 Views)

Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator / Governor Okorocha Sacks Nkiru Sylvanus (Finally?) / This Is Lagos - Post All Lagos Affairs Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by CuteTj(m): 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2011
@ideylaff, SA Pop Champagne!! That SA's job will only be to open beer and wine for oga. Indirectly, that one will be turned to an houseboy. LOL! But seriously, i count this as PR. He just wants to be seen as creating jobs which is totally unecessary.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by christlene(f): 1:46am On Jul 21, 2011
i have much respect for rochas,but he should do more than just appointing people.he must know we are not interested in big names,but in big result. i hope he can take the cue form his counterparts in cross river and Lagos state to transform IMO.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by lagcity(m): 5:40am On Jul 21, 2011
kasiem:

Roland,
rochas has done alot in the area of exterminating ghost worker through his recent audit and reviews. And how can u place financial encumberance on the citizens when u get them employed? I can't get where u're coming from. Does it mean that it's better to be wangling in the labor market than to settle down with one form of job or the other? One of the primary things required of a good government is creation of employment opportunities. Nigeria is overpopulated, so, u have to use any legal means available to get everyone employed. Industries alone cannot contain all the jobless fellows.

for heaven's sake, u no dey shame?

EzeUche and Co, una dey fall my hand ooo. why not just stay away from this thread and save face? we know you love your leader and want to give him the benefit of doubt but u r not doing it the right way with all these flimsy excuses. a word is enough for the wise. I wish the man well. Imo ppl deserve someone who can make them proud.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by Dextra(f): 6:43am On Jul 21, 2011
Thank God my name is on d list. If not,
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by texazzpete(m): 6:56am On Jul 21, 2011
kasiem:

One of the primary things required of a good government is creation of employment opportunities. Nigeria is overpopulated, so, u have to use any legal means available to get everyone employed. Industries alone cannot contain all the jobless fellows.

Do those people there on that list look like 'jobless fellows'?
When I head the news, I was pretty sure nobody over 20 years of age would defend this insane waste of state funds. Yet here we are, seeing people like you and Ezeuche defending this crap is utterly nauseating!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 21, 2011
Nigerians and titles. Someone help me because I'm not sure. What is the role of a special assistant? Special assistant to what?

I wish Nigerian politics and government could be burned to ashes like they do in fields, and then use the fertile soil to grow something better than before lol.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by geosegun(m): 8:48am On Jul 21, 2011
This is what is actually happening at all states and federal levels.
B'cos Rochas disclose his appointments thats why people can see where a larrge chunk of the state
and federal money is going into.
Some offices are not worthy of mentioning talkless of creating them.

NIGERIA IS IN DEEP SHIT, for lack of foresight from our leaders

Is this the way we are going to continue?
if you go to most state and federal offices you ll meet a lot of redundant workers,
why? cos their offices and responsibilities have been duplicated if not triplicated.

God HELP US, TRULY, WE NEED REVOLUTION
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by Reference(m): 10:20am On Jul 21, 2011
Its a bit disappointing. Hands on people usually require less assistance. I understand it is politics. If only he could make them work and output more than its costs to maintain them. Only if.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by hackney(m): 10:22am On Jul 21, 2011
The reason why a governor that means well will  fux.ck up so bad is because he lacks exposure.
he wants to do good, i'll give him that but he has to do things differently to do so.

these people never borrow a leaf from successful countries and how their states are run.
they just make these village-oriented decisions.

A group of 10 well educated assistants can get it all done but no! ! ! they need a giant local meeting vibe in the office.

Only God knows how many assistants the president has.
At that level we will see assistants that have assistants.

The problem with nigeria has always being the people.
they just cant get it right.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by onyeokwuak(f): 10:23am On Jul 21, 2011
Lagos affairs is a very important office. Imo indegenes are in their great numbers in Lagos and I think this office will link them to the govnt house so that they will have a say in the affairs of their state.

Rochas Okorocha govt according to him is operating a grassroot govt. I think these numbers of SA s will help him achieve that.
This grassroot governance  whereby you dont need to come to the govt house owerri, but govt offices in every community where imo people are found, is a new innovation.

Owelle is mobilizing every brain in imo.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by shawonlese: 10:49am On Jul 21, 2011
100 Assistants x 100 brand new cars (4m) = N400m
100 Assistants security patrol Hilux (N520m)
Chief comedian with brand new car and security vehicle with police attache'.  I still dey laff. grin

N18,000 minimum wage.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by dinggle: 11:25am On Jul 21, 2011
If a gov should have special advisers on every subject what is the use of having a gov?, we should elect special advisers and do away with those empty heads requiring special advisers.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by agitator: 11:57am On Jul 21, 2011
why cant the yoriba leave others alone, thats why they are afraid of oduduwa republic. so they cant have power to medlles in others people affairs.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by muyoto: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2011
Dextra:

Thank God my name is on d list. If not,

. . .and mine too! cool
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by texazzpete(m): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2011
onyeokwuak:

Lagos affairs is a very important office. Imo indegenes are in their great numbers in Lagos and I think this office will link them to the govnt house so that they will have a say in the affairs of their state.

If they don't add any value to the state in form of taxes paid, why do they need to 'have a say' in the state affairs?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by namfav(m): 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
is it the success of okorocha?if he gets another term he will probably appoint sa on toilet affairs, what a waste, speak about a poser!!!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by nigerhead(m): 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2011
my two kobo ,

its a shame that "right" thinking Nigerians should be defending such a thing. It is not about Yoruba vs Igbo, what is wrong is wrong, whether its in the East, West, North or South.

Chief comedian SA Lagos Affairs , somebody has already dissected the appointments earlier so there is no need to go over them again. Conclusion is that it just does not make sense at all.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by EkoIle1: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2011
If you need so many useless and redundant people to guide you around, you yourself must be incompetent and clueless.

Many desks at most of the ministries can effectively carry out all the functions tasked to the silly SA's. This is nothing but the same political reward, cronyism and patronage.

Why even bother appointing commissioners if you think other people like SA's and tons of redundant committees are capable of doing their job?

And they are all going to get government offices and accommodations, state benefits, official cars and security.

This is nothing but fleecing of funds and resources.

Sad to see the usual cast of ignorant cast of characters defending such act of lunacy and official irresponsibility.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by ideylaff: 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2011
Do those people there on that list look like 'jobless fellows'?
When I head the news, I was pretty sure nobody over 20 years of age would defend this insane waste of state funds. Yet here we are, seeing people like you and Ezeuche defending this crap is utterly nauseating!

This just confirms the saying "Some Have Eyes But They Cant See", grin
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by houvest: 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2011
OMG. Within hours this thread has gone to 4 pages? Probably will get to 20 before the end of the week. Why are NLers so perverse. Since May 2011, There have been not less than 20 threads on Rochas positive policies and none got up to 4 pages in a week but this particular one that appears to show a faux pas has been hijacked by all and sundry for bashing and mostly by those who always defend the indefensibles by their god-governors and god-leaders. My take is that any one who has not  praised Rochas' good moves has any moral rights to criticise his bad ones if really they are. Please admin ban anybody who does not satisfy this requirement from this thread.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by KnowAll(m): 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2011
[size=16pt]The bottom line is he has shelved the N20 Million security votes for something he perceive to be worthwhile if pursed and monitored with vigour. Let us assume each of these special assistants, special adviser and committee chairmen/members are getting N100.000.00 ANNUALY obviously some would be getting more and some less, let us use 100,000.00 as a bench mark.

If he employs 100 of them it would cost the state N3.2 million Naira a year a paltry some when you look at the alternative which in many and in any case includes outright pocketing of the entire  fund by some unscrupulous Governors.

As far as Naija is concerned, the  security vote of N20 million is the Governors slush fund to spend as he/she deem fits,  the Governor is entitled to it by virtue of being the Chief Security Officer of the State, wiser Governors like Fashola use that money smartly and commendably by employing a lot of expert-ease, LIKE Nigerians from diaspora for different task.

After 12 months each SA would give an account of their stewardship, what incentives, innovations have they have brought on board and what  impact has such activity done to the economy of the state at large and governance in particular, how has it reflected on that holy grail of positive Governance and financial fiduciary ' internal generated revenue' has the internal generated revenue for the state hit the stratosphere, or has it remained dormant.

These are some of the measures that should be put in place so that the recipient of the states generosity would know that there are no free lunches.

[/size]
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by texazzpete(m): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=16pt]The bottom line is he has shelved the N20 Million security votes for something he perceive to be worthwhile if pursed and monitored with vigour. Let us assume each of these special assistants, special adviser and committee chairmen/members are getting N100.000.00 ANNUALY obviously some would be getting more and some less, let us use 100,000.00 as a bench mark.

If he employs 100 of them it would cost the state N3.2 million Naira a year a paltry some when you look at the alternative which in many and in any case includes outright pocketing of the entire  fund by some unscrupulous Governors.

As far as Naija is concerned, the  security vote of N20 million is the Governors slush fund to spend as he/she deem fits,  the Governor is entitled to it by virtue of being the Chief Security Officer of the State, wiser Governors like Fashola use that money smartly and commendably by employing a lot of expert-ease, LIKE Nigerians from diaspora for different task.

After 12 months each SA would give an account of their stewardship, what incentives, innovations have they have brought on board and what  impact has such activity done to the economy of the state at large and governance in particular, how has it reflected on that holy grail of positive Governance and financial fiduciary ' internal generated revenue' has the internal generated revenue for the state hit the stratosphere, or has it remained dormant.

These are some of the measures that should be put in place so that the recipient of the states generosity would know that there are no free lunches.

[/size]

I stopped reading when your figures stopped making any sense. Something's wrong with your math, my friend.

I mean, annual salary of N100k as a benchmark? My gateman earns that in 4 months.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by alanbolo(m): 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2011
texazzpete:

I stopped reading when your figures stopped making any sense. Something's wrong with your math, my friend.

I mean, annual salary of N100k as a benchmark? My gateman earns that in 4 months.
    am about to say same,   definately, it doesnt add up.    I know of Ekiti state SA to the govt. who earns 300k a month just for sitting on the board.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by londoner: 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2011
That is just ridiculous, no two ways about it.

Can someone post a link to the official list because all the news of these appointments i have seen tend to have  been posted on blogs and sites similiar to NL.

I didn't see anything on the Imo state website, maybe I just overlooked it there.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by jmaine: 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2011
An important post is missing on that list . . .  Special Assistant(s) =====> Nairaland affairs . . . . some dudes here are already earning their pay . . . Okorocha is the very man abeg cheesy cheesy . . . can someone please link me up to the man grin grin . . The good times are here in Imo wink wink. . .
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by ektbear: 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2011
stormm:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Rochas, this guv is really serving his peeps grin grin grin grin. Official comedian sef dey. grin grin grin grin

Up APGA. Yet to be appointed- Commissioner on Ojukwu Affairs, SSA- Ojukwu in a London Hospital, SSA on Fraud in Red Cross  grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by luluosas(m): 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2011
Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State has over 2,500 Special Assistant on nothing. He pays them between 30k - 70k a month for doing nothing. So, if Rochas says Nkiru should be SA on Lagos Affairs, no big deal.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by KnowAll(m): 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2011
I meant a monthly salary of 100,000.00 and not annual, my mistake Tezza.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by luluosas(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2011

Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by jmaine: 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2011
luluosas:

Murtala Nyako of Adamawa State has over 2,500 Special Assistant on nothing. He pays them between 30k - 70k a month for doing nothing. So, if Rochas says Nkiru should be SA on Lagos Affairs, no big deal.

Oh Really !!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . . . .
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by londoner: 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2011
After reading her interview, I am even more convinced that she is romantically involved with the governor, but she is also considered by him to be worthy of the post given to her.

It is like appointing a girlfriend or wife in the finance department of your company, but she is also a qualified accountant.

There was part where she talked about men having to hide relationships with girls, then abandoning them.

If there is no romance/relationship with Rochas, why is she linking the example to herself?

She also said she was on all of his campaign trail but no-one talked about "her relationship with him". Sorry, but you would not word it like that unless there is a relationship to speak of.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Appoints Nkiru Sylvanus Sa, Lagos Affairs by mamagee3(f): 2:35am On Jul 22, 2011
namfav:

is it the success of okorocha?if he gets another term he will probably appoint sa on toilet affairs, what a waste, speak about a poser!!!
Toilet Affairs isn't enough, he'll definitely have one for Cooking affairs or cleaning affairs. . .

This guy needs to use his brain fast cause it looks like he's brain has left him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Freed Dapchi Girls Receiving Treatment In Hospital / IMF Excludes Nigeria From Debt Relief / Oluremi Omowaiye: Adeleke Can’t Defeat Me Not To Talk Of Defeating Oyetola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.