Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? (5378 Views)

For My Naijamericans....what Exactly Has Obama Done In 7 Years?!!! / What Has Fashola Really Done? / Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by YoursGEJ(m): 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2011
again?! There's a word called "boring" you know. Mtchewww
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by Exponental(m): 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2011
Ask d tax payers who insist dey pay dir taxes dmselves
or
d blind
or
d deaf!
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by chelseabmw(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
Fashola again. . . . . . . angry angry
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by Roland17(m): 5:53pm On Jul 25, 2011
Who wan bet with me again, that by this time next week we would be privileged to have another shallow minded (many of them are ignorant literates) Nairalander post a thread on Fashola not doing anything in Lagos?
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by onemopol: 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2011
Roland17:

Who wan bet with me again, that by this time next week we would be privileged to have another shallow minded (many of them are ignorant literates) Nairalander post a thread on Fashola not doing anything in Lagos?

You know why? because between now an next week some folks that have hitherto taken for granted that fashola is a performer will be come face to face with mighty potholes,blocked drainages etc, and will be forced to ask again "what has fashola done"? .

Please and please do not call any tax payer that cares to know shallow minded. If you are so impressed with his performance , your duty then is to tell us the achievements that informed such appraisal.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by Roland17(m): 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2011
^^^@one mopol

I would have overlooked your comment above, but for the objective and mature manner you wrote, i would try to be subjective, since we are all entitled to individual opinions.

Based on monthly budget allocation, tax and financial resources available to the state i would affirmatively state that Fashola has performed more amongst his peers to deserve commendations.

You made mention of Blocked drainages, am very glad u used the word "BLOCKED" in describing the state of drainages in Lagos, that tells me you evidently notice the presence of these drainages, but have u wondered why they are blocked? are they blocked as a result of the poor environmental/sanitation manners of Lagosians or are they blocked by the Governor to encourage flooding in the state? are they blocked because you do not notice workers of the Environmental Task force cleaning up the drainages weekly or are they blocked because the gutters have become our emergency waste bins, are they blocked because we watch our neighbors hip loads of refuse on flowing drainages whenever it rains and do nothing about it or are they blocked because the government enjoys flooding? geographically Lagos is not favored when it has to do with flooding, the effect of Global warming which has inadvertently led to rising sea level is another factor many have not considered.
Until Lagosians begin to accept some responsibilities in maintaining public facilities like the drainages, situations would worsen. even though i agree that the Lagos state government has to do more, i still maintain that indiscipline on the part of Lagosians should be curtailed.

Another problem u raised is the state of Bad roads in Lagos, which according to you is worsening everyday and again am quick to ask you, have you considered the rising population of the state, the volume of cars plying the roads of Lagos state, every Road has its carrying capacities, but are they respected? with trailers commuting every road on a daily basis and putting sooo much weight on the roads, its very ten-dent for the roads to wear out immediately, have you also considered that Lagos is not only the commercial and industrial Hub of laogs, but for west Africa and thus deserves a special status in the federation?

Have u also considered that some of the Bad roads are federal roads? Federal roads, have degenerated into embarrassing craters. It is unfortunate that all Federal roads in Lagos are death traps. Mile Two – Apapa Wharf Road is a dread to those who have no choice plying it. The hold-up thrown up by this terrible road is worsened by the presence of trailers and petrol tankers and the permanent flood lodged between Berger and Cocoanut Bus Stops. Lagos – Badagry Expressway which is witnessing rehabilitation and expansion from the Iganmu end to Festac 1st Gate, is by all standards, the worst Federal Road in Lagos.

Infact, between Sango in Ogun State and Oshodi in Lagos on the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, there are no less than 500 terrible potholes. At peak periods, a ride to Oshodi from Sango Ota which normally takes less than 30 minutes, now lasts almost two to three hours. The collapse of Federal infrastructure in Lagos has assumed an unspeakable dimension. Even the highbrow Ikoyi and Victoria Island are not spared from the crisis of neglect and decay as most of the smooth, asphalted roads running through the luxuriant, palatial mansions of the rich and the Joneses are equally dotted with dangerous potholes. Festac town, a beautiful estate built to accommodate foreign nationals who were participating in the 1977 First Black African Festival of Arts and Culture and later allocated to Nigerians on an owner occupier basis, is today in sorry state. The hitherto smooth network of roads linking the various parts, are filled with potholes, while many of the sections have degenerated into ghettos and slums. Most of the lawns and orchards in Festac have been allocated to officials of the Federal Housing Authority for commercial purposes.

Lagos is working, even though more needs to be done.
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by abbey621(m): 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2011
@Roland 17- Wonderfully stated! No dispute this definitely explains it all.
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by bashydemy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2011
@Roland17 God will always be with you i enjoying reading your comment and dont want it to end olohun
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by Roland17(m): 7:43pm On Jul 25, 2011
@bashy_demy
Ose padi mi, Lagos is 4u and 4mi, we know and feel when something good is happening no matter how long it takes and we also know wen people are sabotaging sincere efforts. Thank u for ur prayers.

@abbey621
even though i know haters would bring more criticism, the facts are there for all to see.

God bless us all
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by bashydemy(m): 8:20pm On Jul 25, 2011
Thanks Roland, when we have Good and working Governor we should encourage him to do more though there should be criticism from some angle but not to say he has not done anything
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by Omooba77: 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2011
Nobody has said he has not done anything,but the quality of work calls for Ganiyu Johnson and his men to check the design and execution of the projects. Mushin roads are bad,LUTH road is going at snail speed,Oba Akran linking Agege is bad!
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by emiye(m): 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2011
1 out of 4 vehicles in Nigeria is on lagos road. loads of pressure on those roads, way out is alternative means of transportation, rail e.t.c. especially heavy duty vehicles might need alternative routes.
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by jmaine: 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2011
emiye:

1 out of 4 vehicles in Nigeria is on lagos road.

How did you arrive at this
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by bashydemy(m): 11:48pm On Jul 25, 2011
Proof him wrong if you think he lied
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by emiye(m): 1:43am On Jul 26, 2011
jmaine:

How did you arrive at this

At the last count, population density in[b] Lagos State[/b] is 20,000 per sq. km. while vehicular density is[b] 222 per sq. km[/b]. Compared with the national average [/b]of 1,308 persons per sq km and [b]11 vehicles per sq km respectively

i will try and locate where the calculation was done based on the total vehicles and total km of motorable road.

the 1/4 was obtained from the above data.
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by RichieTayo1(m): 2:03am On Jul 26, 2011
I thot by reading thru d posts on this thread I wud see pple mentioning 'specific' achievements of Fashola Govt in their areas, but I'm just getting madder and madder at generalsations and lame defenses.

I've bn driving thru Agege-ishaga road and, no matter how much U wish to hate d Gov. U'll give him credit for d job well done there: good canal bridges were constructed along d line, water ways on both side of d road and new electric poles to replace d old ones have been properly installed with necessary (I don't know what they call those small hanging) transformers.

I also read in some reports that he has commissioned d 2nd 10Mwatt power station in d Island and another one is underway to serve d continent's printers' capital (somewhere close to Fadeyi).

He began relaying d tar on Abesan Estate main route b4 d election and has continued steadily after d election. In d same estate, his gove has almost completed a mini water-works station that was started barely 2yrs ago.

These are just d few I can think of right now.
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by faboyish(m): 2:56am On Jul 26, 2011
He turned Lagos State into Las Gidi  cool
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by jmaine: 3:25am On Jul 26, 2011
emiye:

At the last count, population density in[b] Lagos State[/b] is 20,000 per sq. km. while vehicular density is[b] 222 per sq. km[/b]. Compared with the national average [/b]of 1,308 persons per sq km and [b]11 vehicles per sq km respectively

i will try and locate where the calculation was done based on the total vehicles and total km of motorable road.

the 1/4 was obtained from the above data.

Thanks for your efforts in trying to explain . . .It's really appreciated but i will like you to do me a favor by providing me with the link . . whenever you locate it . .
 I was searching and was able to see a link dated 2007 with a wee bit of calculations though clumpy ===>

http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20070207234037zg/sections/important-documents/document-errors-miscalculations-omissions-in-lagos-census-figures/ . . .and it gave a figure of 22% which i believe your 25 % could be attained with respect to our current year . .

But i wanted to confirm if the data used was not the number of vehicles registered in a state as against the authentic daily usage of this cars on our roads . . . There are two different things entirely . . . cos what i see is car ownership being used as the yard stick for those claims

bashy_demy:

Proof him wrong if you think he lied

You like barking for the fun right undecided . . .Imbibe the habit of looking out for opportunities to learn while in a discussion and not just for mere throwing of ignorant jabs . . . . .You are too basic in thinking . . please be alert  . .
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by EkoIle1: 3:30am On Jul 26, 2011
Richie Tayo:

I thot by reading thru d posts on this thread I wud see pple mentioning 'specific' achievements of Fashola Govt in their areas, but I'm just getting madder and madder at generalsations and lame defenses.

I've bn driving thru Agege-ishaga road and, no matter how much U wish to hate d Gov. U'll give him credit for d job well done there: good canal bridges were constructed along d line, water ways on both side of d road and new electric poles to replace d old ones have been properly installed with necessary (I don't know what they call those small hanging) transformers.

I also read in some reports that he has commissioned d 2nd 10Mwatt power station in d Island and another one is underway to serve d continent's printers' capital (somewhere close to Fadeyi).

He began relaying d tar on Abesan Estate main route b4 d election and has continued steadily after d election. In d same estate, his gove has almost completed a mini water-works station that was started barely 2yrs ago.

These are just d few I can think of right now.

You are right about that.

He actually built 15 water works.

And to the ignorant folks crying about roads, show me one bad road in Lagos and I'll show you 2 new roads for every bad one you have to cry about. Please try me.
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by Two4Two(m): 7:22am On Jul 26, 2011
Hello Fellow Nairlanders,
I might be wrong but i stand to be corrected, what exactly is Fashola doing in Lagos that makes him thick.? If you consider how much Lagos earns in terms of internally generated revenue and equate it to what is on ground, you will agree with me that he is actually doing nothing.
By the way i want us to know that it is his constitutional duty to provide good governace, infrastucture etc. So we should not sing his praises to high heaven as if he is doing us a big favour. afterall i pay my tax.

I want your input.

God bless you
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by Demdem(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

You are right about that.

He actually built 15 water works.

And to the ignorant folks crying about roads, show me one bad road in Lagos and I'll show you 2 new roads for every bad one you have to cry about. Please try me.

i love this challenge. Let the battle begins grin grin grin
Two4Two:

Hello Fellow Nairlanders,
I might be wrong but i stand to be corrected, what exactly is Fashola doing in Lagos that makes him thick.? If you consider how much Lagos earns in terms of internally generated revenue and equate it to what is on ground, you will agree with me that he is actually doing nothing.
By the way i want us to know that it is his constitutional duty to provide good governace, infrastucture etc. So we should not sing his praises to high heaven as if he is doing us a big favour. afterall i pay my tax.

I want your input.

God bless you

Honestly, if ones considers how much Ameachi collects in all monthly here in Rivers and weighs it with what is on ground presently you will know that Fashola is indeed performing.
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by bashydemy(m): 9:36am On Jul 26, 2011
Waiting for the challenge ooo
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by olaohke: 10:28am On Jul 28, 2011
Fashola has done so many things because when say come and eat and preventing 4rm dying then the person is finding good 4 d people dat is fashola case. He is not using any jays 4 anybody,he is doing is best, u go dere and try the seat, very hot than u think.
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by bashydemy(m): 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2011
Fashola Achievement speak for it self
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by subnormal: 4:42pm On May 29, 2013
seun Kelz: Why do Nigerians speak like this, The guy has improved the roads in Lagos, oshodi, looks safer than it has ever been in the last 9 years, there are traffic lights even towards Sango area, at this point I must say, if you expect him to improve everything in Lagos then you are a big foo cos he is no God, and every change comes with a bit of sacrifice. Now the big question is, What has the President done, Am sure someone is gonna answer give him time, And I will, but you don't running your mouth about how Fashola is doing nothing, when the Lagos governor is doing better than some state governors, (names withheld), Go figure out the rest

Guy, this man rules over a state that generates over 25 billion monthly, I definitely expect a lot more frm him. He shld have at least done something bout housing in lagos, forget the tenancy laws cos nobody obeys it. Have u tried buying a house or land in lag?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 29, 2013
Rossikk started this thread with that post? =-O
Re: What Exactly Has Fashola Done In Lagos? by edwardadex23(m): 11:36am On Jun 26, 2013
Demdem:

Ngige is presently not a governor. You mean the same Rochas that just appointed numerous political assistants among which we have the Chief Comedian of the state.
Anyway, i dont think Tinubu is in anyway impeding the progress Fashola is making in Lag sha.

No mata wat Rochas does,i luv him so much,he is a goal oriented driven Governor.Fashola actually tried within the first 16 months but to me he has no substitution for canceled agenda and he is much of a excessive force person

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo / Another Undetonated Bomb Found At Sultan Bello Gate In Kaduna? / Leadership Newspapers Journalists Sue Police, Demand N10m Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.