Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,383 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? (32653 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 21, 2011
gloriuss:

hmmmm, u no go kill me oooo. I'm running away nowwww
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Jamesdman(m): 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2011
gloriuss:

I agree that some people that dont follow any religion may be very nice but dont go as far as calling them "Godly", undecided
Also what happens in the upbringing of their children together, or do u think there will no rifts, ?
Well, dunno ur definition of 'GODLY', bt wat i meant by dat word was, a person who believes in d existence of a Supreme being, n who patterns his/her lyf in a way dat he believes, pleases dat Supreme Being. There many non church goers who wudn't do half of d evils dat sum ardent church goers do! ~~ As 4 d children raising stuff, yeah, i agree, there might be conflict of interest, as per, which of d two churches they should attend. However, one thing of note is diz, d church u attend doesn't matter, wat matters is ur attitude, character, conduct n d person u are deep inside u. So, which ever church the children attends wont matter, as far as, both parents carry out there parental obligation of child-training dutifully!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2011
James-dman:

Well, dunno your definition of 'GODLY', bt wat i meant by dat word was, a person who believes in d existence of a Supreme being, n who patterns his/her lyf in a way dat he believes, pleases dat Supreme Being. There many non church goers who wudn't do half of d evils dat sum ardent church goers do! ~~ As 4 d children raising stuff, yeah, i agree, there might be conflict of interest, as per, which of d two churches they should attend. However, one thing of note is diz, d church u attend doesn't matter, wat matters is your attitude, character, conduct n d person u are deep inside u. So, which ever church the children attends wont matter, as far as, both parents carry out there parental obligation of child-training dutifully!
All these one na story! Look! That marriage union would be a working time bomb! He should just leave that girl to avoid himself any kind of future heartbreak! A failed courtship is better than a failed marriage, abi how omolola1 talk that thing sef? undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by kpolli(m): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2011
She is being stupid "IMO". . . cos later this poster wud release his own copy of https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-717721.0.html
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by gloriuss(f): 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2011
James-dman:

Well, dunno your definition of 'GODLY', bt wat i meant by dat word was, a person who believes in d existence of a Supreme being, n who patterns his/her lyf in a way dat he believes, pleases dat Supreme Being. There many non church goers who wudn't do half of d evils dat sum ardent church goers do! ~~ As 4 d children raising stuff, yeah, i agree, there might be conflict of interest, as per, which of d two churches they should attend. However, one thing of note is diz, d church u attend doesn't matter, wat matters is your attitude, character, conduct n d person u are deep inside u. So, which ever church the children attends wont matter, as far as, both parents carry out there parental obligation of child-training dutifully!

Some few points noted! Ose.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by lepasharon(f): 12:02am On Jul 22, 2011
jehovahs Worthless dnt preach da true gospel
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Odunharry(m): 12:25am On Jul 22, 2011
love conquers all.
Y nt cnvert to a witness since u knw u cant convert her?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Misbee(f): 12:34am On Jul 22, 2011
@poster,one month in a relatnship nd u r already plannin of makin her ur lif partner,pls,dnt do dat.Let me tel u as a lady,a lady wil nt show u her true sef until afta 3month in d relatnship.so beware, abt JW of a tin,dat wil b d biggest mistake eva in ur lif afta u'v manage 2 make everytin workout.May God of pastor Enoch Adeboye deliver u, @poster,one month in a relatnship nd u r already plannin of makin her ur lif partner,pls,dnt do dat.Let me tel u as a lady,a lady wil nt show u her true sef until afta 3month in d relatnship.so beware, abt JW of a tin,dat wil b d biggest mistake eva in ur lif afta u'v manage 2 make everytin workout.May God of pastor Enoch Adeboye deliver u,
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Breeze5000: 12:37am On Jul 22, 2011
Guy!
Na where u dey rush go self? Abeg take a chill pill and cool down. Instead of you to enjoy your new relationship you dey here dey work yourself up. You need to know someone to be able to propose marriage, and 2months is not enough to know a person. So my advice to you is stop this marriage talk, enjoy and build your relationship. Who knows in a year or two the girl might even leave the J-witness on her own without your help so chill abeg!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by ojdollars(m): 12:47am On Jul 22, 2011
Show her a good example of the Christian life, get her to listen to some Ministry Tapes and Materials of Daddy G.O Adeboye E. When you guys are together in the room, words are very powerful and make her to understand that the cave she fear to enter, contain the greatest treasure in life. Build your relationship first, become everything to her, let her carry you everywhere, if she loves you, religion na BEANS for that side, women can do anything for the sake of Love, best of luck and remember that God is on your side and nothing can defeat you and him.

Shalom brother.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 22, 2011
Only one month of logging into that sweet software and it has deleted the reasoning program from your CPU.
grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by dayokanu(m): 1:46am On Jul 22, 2011
Nothing
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by 1honeybee: 2:38am On Jul 22, 2011
Nigerians can be sooo ignorant. . . . . .very pitiful
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by odumchi: 2:48am On Jul 22, 2011
They will kill you with Watch Tower magazine subscriptions. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by cold(m): 3:16am On Jul 22, 2011
1stCitizen:

Only one month of logging into that sweet software and it has deleted the reasoning program from your CPU.
grin grin grin
grin grin

hectorblaz:
If I switch, its as good as switching my destiny as well cos I need this pentecostal platform to fulfill my calling, and actualise my dream and visions.
Yeah right.You need your own auditorium,you need your own jet or jets,you need your own fleet of cars.Anyways i wish you luck
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Pelumiv(m): 3:54am On Jul 22, 2011
Have you wondered why Jehovah's Witnesses don't marry outside their dominion ? The bible bool of 1 Cor. 7:31 clearly shows that we should marry in the lord. Why some people will say other churches are christian also, yes they are. But few of them condemned festivities and practise that the bible condemned. Take Xmas for an example, there is no way in the bible that says we should celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, even the Bible doesn't made mention of the month he was given birth to. So, how will it be if you celebrate Xmas and your wife doesn't? and you expecting her to cook Xmas meal for you and also entertain your family that day which is against are bible train conscience and she wont do. This can bring lots of arguments which can be avoided if you have marry from your church.
Many people here painting we Witness in bad color hasn't really meet one, they are just saying hearsay. meet us and you know we are cool people. Although we are good eggs but sometimes you can also see few who are bad eggs and cuz someone is attending our meetings doesn't necessary make the person a witness. Visit our local kingdom hall and see brotherly love firsthand. Have any question you can ask but i want good criticism with points.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by marabout(m): 4:45am On Jul 22, 2011
Witnesses have very strict rules regarding religion and everyday life BUT you must give it to them that they try to justify them with the bible.

They have been some of the nicest people I have met(speaking from my experience in times of difficulty when others deserted).

Poster, what is this your dream you're talking of, to also have private jets funded by poor brethren?? Vanity.

Jehovah's witnesses' simple life shows to us that all the rush for money by any means/corruption is all vanity.

I have worked and dealt with Witnesses both home and away, they are morally head and shoulder above the average person on the street. Any bad egg is an aberation.

Why are you not a witness then if they are so good NLers might ask? Well, honestly I have not had the courage to turn away from family type of christian tradition, pretty much like this poster BUT I didn't have any extra incentive like a lovely lady witness unlike this poster LOL.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 4:50am On Jul 22, 2011
Marrying a witness?

It all depend on both of you and how serious your relationship is. I am a former non active jehovah witness and i am married to a non witness. We understand each other and really love one another

At the beginning of our relationship, i let her know that all my family are witness and a very popular one in naija. I explained the pitfall and the consequence of the relationship. Definitely, due to the differ doctrinal believe, it will not be easy at the initial stage. But, i told her that the only thing that i need from her is her support when facing the backlash from my family. I want her to stand by me and i will definitely stand by her and protect her.

To be sincere, its no easy for someone that grew up as a witness to marry an outsider. Imagine your family not been present during your marriage. Imagine the initial rejection that the witness family will show to your partner. All these should be expected in a relationship between a witness and a non witness.

But, if she truly love you an she is ready to be your wife, she will leave her doctrinal believe behind and marry you. The most important thing is the love and the believe in each other. It work for me and it can definately work for you. Be flexible and be ready to sacrifice but dont compromise your viewpoint or your career goal.

That is my 10cent

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Araboy(m): 4:54am On Jul 22, 2011
If you did marry this girl you must allow her to go to meeting and conventions or things will get very ugly very fast
you must expect to be bombarded by JW people trying to convert you and indoctrinated  your kids
last if she marry you she  either think 1 she can convert you or 2 she is not strong JW
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by BABE3: 4:56am On Jul 22, 2011
Araboy:

If you did marry this girl you must allow her to go the meeting and conventions or things will get very ugly very fast
you must expect to be bombarded by JW people trying to convert you and indoctrinated your kids
last if she marry you she is either think she can convert you or she is not strong JW

Hey---Miss Inked_Nerd requested that you check your inbox asap. 
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Araboy(m): 5:05am On Jul 22, 2011
Hey Babe Thanks I hope you doing good
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by BABE3: 5:06am On Jul 22, 2011
Araboy:

Hey Babe Thanks I hope you doing good

Yh--I'm wonderful. Thanks. Hope you aight too.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MrsChima(f): 5:08am On Jul 22, 2011
There is nothing wrong with marrying a Witness if you are prepared to be secluded in the religion. Witness does not believe in faith intermingle AND they are strict when it comes to reverend their customs.

So if you are willing and interested in becoming a Witness go for it. I am sure they will try to pull you if you are not a Witness yet.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Araboy(m): 5:14am On Jul 22, 2011
I only be willing to be JW if Mrs Chima pull me to it cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by MrsChima(f): 5:17am On Jul 22, 2011
tongue tongue

But I am not a Witness though. I am into cults. kiss
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by iyaegin: 5:18am On Jul 22, 2011
One month into relationship and you are already thinking marriage. anu mi se e. Boy you are so infatuated n like one of the previous posts said you have probably been logging into some software andits really deleting your CPU.
The whole JW issue is anoda mata entirely.
Use ur head bro and not your down below,
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Gbenge77(m): 5:36am On Jul 22, 2011
I think you are better off marrying a member of your own church.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nairaboi(m): 6:09am On Jul 22, 2011
@op, that where i always talk of breaking barrier, same kind of issue happened some few years back to me, if u truly love her, Religion is too small to hinder u. if Moslem are marrying Christians, why not Christians themselves. F=uck Religion if she agrees to f=uck it with you and go for your Heart desirees
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 22, 2011
I laugh Seriously at everyone coming here to spill trash about the witnesses. One Mentioned the Watchtower! W.T.F has watchtower got to do with the topic? undecided If you dont know the witnesses, DONT JUDGE them based on hear say! Really, if that girl marries this guy, there is bound to be DISASTER! I have said it before! Someone said something about listening to Tapes of WHO? AdeWHAT? I laugh my as.s off! You will only be worsening the situation! Have many more things to say. . . . .
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 22, 2011
Damn, how did i miss this thread? angry angry angry angry

@ topic, you are own your own, i once have a Jehovah witness as a girlfriend, pretty chick, but the moment she told me for me to marry her, that i must join jehovah withness,  shocked i got angry and abandon her, who one marry her?  grin, talkless of jong Jehovah witness,  undecided i dont know what all that stuffs is all about
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 22, 2011
odiaero:

Damn, how did i miss this thread? angry angry angry angry

@ topic, you are own you own, i once have a Jehovah withness as a girlfriend, pretty chick, but the moment she told me for me to marry her, that i must join jehovah withness,  shocked i got angry and abandon her, who one marry her?  grin, talkless of joining Jehovah withness,  undecided i dont know what all that stuffs is all about
grin grin grin Funny! Pls tell him! He doesnt want to join!
OP, Anywayz, if you join because you want to marry her, what makes you think you wont fall out sharp sharp? Then What happens to the ALMIGHTY LOVE you had for her! Shrewd is the one that has seen calamity and proceeded to hide himself!<<<< Says the Bible! Dont allow anyone deceive you o! When the problems will start, no one would be there o! Oh sorry!. . . . . . . Nairaland will be here! I wonder how your complain thread would look like! grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by brainpulse: 7:33am On Jul 22, 2011
You have to understand that Believe plays a major role in the concept of marriage. you said you are compatible, how? For just one month, you must be a joker. if your believe is different then you are not compatible, only we tend to see the shadow first in relationship than the true image because our insight is clouded by our emotions.
JW is just like a cult that does things among themselves, that only can be permitted by members alone. though they profess to be Christian and preach about the kingdom of God, but a closer look into there doctrine do not believe the true concept and believe of the bible.

Know this.

The Devil and God Knows your dreams.

The Devil will use what seemly looks Good to trade your Vision and the mandate of God for you. Once traded you are doomed, frustrated and confuse without no direction again.

Samson saw true love and he believed that he was compatible with Delilah, But Delilah being a Jehovah witness in this case will want you to leave your calling, vision, dreams , mandate for a long life regrets. Samson lost everything because of the shadow he saw. in the name of true Love

Son, run when your Legs are still very strong to do so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I'm Scared Of Marriage Because Of The Married Women I Dated. / Fellow Nairalanders You All Are Specially Invited To My Wedding / Can You Marry Someone That Can't Read Or Write But Gives You Peace Of Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.