Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? (32643 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / A Jehovah Witness Dating A Non Witness, I'm Emotionally Trapped, We Both In Love / What's Wrong With Marrying An Older Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by brainpulse: 7:44am On Jul 22, 2011
I have alot of friends that were JW when in school.

They have sex together so far is btw themselves it was not a sin. They have a kind of mentality, they wont give you somethings if you are not there members.
I also have a family friend that started just like they way you want to start. They woman actually left JW to join this bros after 25 years (5 children) the woman said that it is time for him too to join her JW. The bros now Man was confuse and never believed what he heard. As this time of typing, the woman no longer cook, do hmnnnn, and other marital responsiblities the man no longer go to church,just wakes up every morning roams around the estate trying to gather his pieces of life together.

Marriage is more than Poker and Baba Ijebu
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by mbulela: 7:53am On Jul 22, 2011
just move on.
there is no one woman for any man.
you will find someone else.
JW are never peripheral like mainstream Christians.you will often see a mainstream xtian convert to JW for marriage but you will rarely see the opposite.
most importantly if you don't believe in their beliefs,just bounce.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by snowdrops(m): 7:57am On Jul 22, 2011
following somehow. comments for later.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by 9japrof(m): 8:00am On Jul 22, 2011
please am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and would like to make our beliefs clear in this issue of marriage.

Rightly as you guys have answered we Jehovah's Witnesses don't marry people who are not members of our organization and there are clear cut reasons why we do so, so please relax and follow me gently as i unfold them:

According to instructions that can be found in the Bible at 1st Corinthians 7:31, it made it clear that we should marry only in the lord ,yeah some may ask "Marry in the lord" Does it not include other members of other religions or denominations that constitute Christianity
I can emphatically say NO, In so many places in the bible the expression "in the lord" signifies sharing the same beliefs, principles , attitudes,way of life. It is obvious that no other religion on earth share the same ideologies with the witnesses and at that cannot be said to be in the same lord with them

Please do not be too fast to conclude that we are a sect or that we segregate so much that we don't have marriage dealings with members of other denominations or religions.During the time of the Ancient Israel, they were barred by God to have marriage alliances with people of other nations , Why? this was to keep their worship of him sacred or undiluted and not for segregation reasons, because outside marriage, Isrealites still traded businesses with Other nations. At your time read Deuteronomy 7: 3 , 4

In marriage a lot of things are considered, but i think that one of the things that must be considered most is, COMPATIBILITY, With a witness that holds fast to the teachings found in the bible, it would be very difficult been compatible with such witness devoid of serious problems in marraige

LISTEN TO MY ADVICE

(a) there are many celebrations that are accepted in many churches today(e.g Christmas, Birthdays, Halloween etc)which do not have biblical backing which the witness may strongly desist from attending those functions with you thereby creating creating cracks in the unity of your marriage.

(b)On my own self i would not encourage you Poster to be a witness, because it is obvious that you are becoming a witness just for a selfish motive(marrying the girl). try to see evidences and proofs why been a witness is worth it and not because you are in "a one month love"

(c) Even if the girl agrees to marry you against the wishes of her parents , do not blame the parents of the girl for not attending the marriage functions or blessing the marriage, because they wanted the best for their child and marriage and would not condone seeing her get married to somebody they know would not provide the best for their children

Please no matter how offended/bad you feel about this post, that is the truth, in my short life's span i have seen many marriages like this break down, at least 60-70 percent of them do break down,and those that do not ,sometimes happiness may not be there .

Please feel free to ask your questions and relplies, i am so busy , but i will promise answering them

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Aaronchez: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2011
My advice is for you to meet her parents and you do the same then you findout if they will be comfortable with your religion if its positive it will work but if you get the cold shoulder then move on afterall rccg has cute chicks my wife was with you guys anyway goodluck grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 22, 2011
9japrof:

please am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and would like to make our beliefs clear in this issue of marriage.

Rightly as you guys have answered we Jehovah's Witnesses don't marry people who are not members of our organization and there are clear cut reasons why we do so, so please relax and follow me gently as i unfold them:

According to instructions that can be found in the Bible at   1st Corinthians 7:31,  [size=18pt]it made it clear that we should marry only in the lord[/size] ,yeah some may ask "Marry in the lord" Does it not include other members of other religions or denominations that constitute Christianity
I can emphatically say NO, In so many places in the bible the expression "in the lord" signifies sharing the same beliefs, principles , attitudes,way of life. It is obvious that no other religion on earth share the same ideologies with the witnesses and at that cannot be said to be in the same lord with them

Please do not be too fast to conclude that we are a sect or that we segregate so much that we don't have marriage dealings with members of other denominations or religions.During the time of the Ancient Israel, they were barred by God to have marriage alliances with  people of other nations , Why? this was to keep their worship of him sacred or undiluted and not for segregation reasons, because outside marriage, Isrealites still traded businesses with Other nations.  At your time read Deuteronomy 7: 3 , 4

In marriage a lot of things are considered, but i think that one of the things that must be considered most is, COMPATIBILITY, With a witness that holds fast to the teachings found in the bible, it would be very difficult been compatible with such witness devoid of serious problems in marraige

LISTEN TO MY ADVICE

(a) there are many celebrations that are accepted in many churches today(e.g Christmas, Birthdays, Halloween etc)which do not have biblical backing which the witness may strongly desist from attending those functions with you thereby creating creating cracks in the unity of your marriage.

(b)On my own self i would not encourage you Poster to be a witness, because it is obvious that you are becoming a witness just for a selfish motive(marrying the girl). try to see evidences and proofs why been a witness is worth it and not because you are in "a one month love"

(c) Even if the girl agrees to marry you against the wishes of her parents , do not blame the parents of the girl for not attending the marriage functions or blessing the marriage, because they wanted the best for their child and marriage and would not condone seeing her get married to somebody they know would not provide the best for their children

Please no matter how offended/bad you feel about this post, that is the truth, in my short life's span i have seen many marriages like this break down, at least 60-70 percent of them do break down,and those that do not ,sometimes happiness may not be there .

Please feel free to ask your questions and relplies, i am so busy , but i will promise answering them

Since u Marry in the Lord, why not Work in the Lord too? : Meaning that any Employer that does not belongs to jehovah witness, you must not accept their job offer.
 But instead, u take my job offer when it comes to job seeking, but when it comes to marrying, you tell me marry in the lord, or join jehovah witness, please the World will be a better place if you people stop creating this stress

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by brainpulse: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2011
Odiaero i love your point
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by babyme1(f): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2011
forget about her
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2011
One thing is sure ! Love is no longer blind but has recommended glasses, and even Designer sun shades.
The soon you redefine your relationship the better for you. Your spiritual might is actually higher than your physical might. The earth existing is as the case a supernatural force which no man can explain, likewise all other issues.
Now if you claim the that the RCCG will be a part to you fulfilling your dream, why don't you do the needful before going into a soul tie.
The average witness, does not see your God in the way you see him.
Have you taken out your time to read about them. They are a sect.
Please channel this unquenchable love you have for her to the right person.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nutridor: 8:41am On Jul 22, 2011
I can assure you that she is not a strong Jehovah's Witness. A strong Jehovah's Witness will never date an outsider.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by anishe(m): 8:41am On Jul 22, 2011
Is the Jehovah girl a Virgin?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by conquerorb: 8:44am On Jul 22, 2011
@9japrof, thanks for the enlightenment.i will only hope nairalanders will take the time to read 2ru ur write-up.iam a jehovah's witness myself, and its amazing how pple just jump into conclusions about things thy kw little or nada about.some hv even said we are cultist,can you beat that!others have said we trow our mags at pple's face boring them wit mag subscirption and all, bla, bla bla.am a jw and will continue to be one cause i find no religion in the world that pratice true biblical doctrine like us.i have alot to say but i gez 9japrof has said it all.you can attack/criticise all you can ,but wont change anything.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2011
Quote from Odiaero
"Since u Marry in the Lord, why not Work in the Lord too? : Meaning that any Employer that does not belongs to jehovah witness, you must not accept their job offer.
 But instead, u take my job offer when it comes to job seeking, but when it comes to marrying, you tell me marry in the lord, or join jehovah witness, please the World will be a better place if you people stop creating this stress
"

GIBBERISH! So you are in effect saying that Muslims should not work for Christians and Christians should not work for Muslims? How about Atheists? That dont even believe God Exists? They should not work for you because you believe in God? Everyone is entitled to what ever they want to believe! Stop castigating and stick to the topic boo! cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by rabzy: 8:51am On Jul 22, 2011
odiaero:

Since u Marry in the Lord, why not Work in the Lord too? : Meaning that any Employer that does not belongs to jehovah witness, you must not accept their job offer.

Oga, did you see work only in the lord for where e quote.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by seunlayi(m): 8:56am On Jul 22, 2011
9japrof:

According to instructions that can be found in the Bible at   1st Corinthians 7:31,  it made it clear that we should marry only in the lord ,yeah some may ask "Marry in the lord" Does it not include other members of other religions or denominations that constitute Christianity

Please do not be too fast to conclude that we are a sect or that we segregate so much that we don't have marriage dealings with members of other denominations or religions.During the time of the Ancient Israel, they were barred by God to have marriage alliances with  people of other nations , Why? this was to keep their worship of him sacred or undiluted and not for segregation reasons, because outside marriage, Isrealites still traded businesses with Other nations.  At your time read Deuteronomy 7: 3 , 4

LISTEN TO MY ADVICE

A food for thought
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by JAkpayen(m): 9:12am On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

Quote from Odiaero
"Since u Marry in the Lord, why not Work in the Lord too? : Meaning that any Employer that does not belongs to jehovah witness, you must not accept their job offer.
"

GIBBERISH! So you are in effect saying that Muslims should not work for Christians and Christians should not work for Muslims? How about Atheists? That dont even believe God Exists? They should not work for you because you believe in God? Everyone is entitled to what ever they want to believe! Stop castigating and stick to the topic boo! cool

GOOD POINT. SOMETIMES PEOPLE ALWAYS MISQUOTE THE BIBLE TO THEIR FAVOUR. IN ALL OF MY LIFE HERE ON EARTH, ONLY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES I CAN VOUCH THAT READ AND PRACTICE BIBLE PRINCIPLES

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Ugobelu: 9:22am On Jul 22, 2011
I thought it only Catholics that has don't marry outside their church
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by softtouch2(m): 9:24am On Jul 22, 2011
9japrof:

According to instructions that can be found in the Bible at 1st Corinthians 7:31, it made it clear that we should marry only in the lord ,yeah some may ask "Marry in the lord" Does it not include other members of other religions or denominations that constitute Christianity

Please do not be too fast to conclude that we are a sect or that we segregate so much that we don't have marriage dealings with members of other denominations or religions.During the time of the Ancient Israel, they were barred by God to have marriage alliances with people of other nations , Why? this was to keep their worship of him sacred or undiluted and not for segregation reasons, because outside marriage, Isrealites still traded businesses with Other nations. At your time read Deuteronomy 7: 3 , 4

LISTEN TO MY ADVICE

@ 9japrof: If your doctrine is based on "it-was-never-mentioned-in-the-Bible".
Did you go to toilet?, Was it ever mentioned in the Bible someone go to toilet?, hence, from your point (a), if you go to toilet, you might be "sinning" against "God"?

Have you ever taken your bath?, It was never mentioned in the Bible that Jesus went into a bathroom to take his bath, hence, I don't expect JW to take their bath.

I will not like to question your doctrine, BUT DON'T EVER THINK YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING BECAUSE IT WAS NOT MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE.

I wonder if using computer and internet is in the Bible, hence I don't expect you to be be using computer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

Quote from Odiaero
"

You dont get it, this jehohav witness own is more than muslim, muslim dont use Bible,  infact, any Religion that try to forcefully subdue you not to express your democratic right in times of living is not worth it, theirs is to preach the Word of God, it is left for you to accept willingly than them trying to force you to do so

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2011
@ EVERYONE!
I believe we all will be helping matters if WE STICK TO THE DAMN TOPIC! If you want to discuss JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. Pls move to the RELIGION SECTION! LEAVE THE ROMANCE SECTION OUT OF THIS! angry
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 22, 2011
JAkpayen:

GOOD POINT. SOMETIMES PEOPLE ALWAYS MISQUOTE THE BIBLE TO THEIR FAVOUR. IN ALL OF MY LIFE HERE ON EARTH, ONLY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES I CAN VOUCH THAT READ AND PRACTICE BIBLE PRINCIPLES

My guy lets go back to the Forex thread, this one be like say em pass you cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Sacarstic: 9:32am On Jul 22, 2011
I have a first hand experience call me on 080-389-687-67 then i will give you my id so we can chat.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by snowdrops(m): 9:32am On Jul 22, 2011
soft-touch:

@ 9japrof: If your doctrine is based on "it-was-never-mentioned-in-the-Bible".
Did you go to toilet?, Was it ever mentioned in the Bible someone go to toilet?, hence, from your point (a), if you go to toilet, you might be "sinning" against "God"?

Have you ever taken your bath?, It was never mentioned in the Bible that Jesus went into a bathroom to take his bath, hence, I don't expect JW to take their bath.

I will not like to question your doctrine, BUT DON'T EVER THINK YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING BECAUSE IT WAS NOT MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE.

I wonder if using computer and internet is in the Bible, hence I don't expect you to be be using computer.
Fantastic. This deserves a round of applause.

@ topic

This JW thing is crass HYPOCRISY. They want to eat their cake and have it. Brain washed by their "religion" and leaders.

@ poster

Give her the condition of leaving her religion and coming to yours FOREVER if she really want to be with you. She should deliver this message to her family and "church" members. If this is not accepted then MOVE ON.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by quadrant4: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2011
Jehovah's witnesses are the best religion on earth because they preach and live by bible principles. A strong witness will never date or marry a non member.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2011
rabzy:

Oga, did you see work only in the lord for where e quote.

Where?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2011
odiaero:

You dont get it, this jehohav witness own is more than muslim, muslim dont use Bible,  infact, any Religion that try to forcefully subdue you not to express your democratic right in times of living is not worth it, theirs is to preach the Word of God, it is left for you to accept willingly than them trying to force you to do so
You said it all! I dont BELIEVE they FORCE PEOPLE, else EVERYONE would have become a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS, RIGHT?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

You said it all! I dont BELIEVE they FORCE PEOPLE, else EVERYONE would have become a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS, RIGHT?

My guy, the way things are there, if they have the power, they may
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by duno: 9:40am On Jul 22, 2011
hectorblaz:

I have been dating this chic for like a month now, and I must confess that she's the best I've ever had. We are so compatible. And she's a walking example of my imaginations.

She told about it like 2 weeks ago but it sounded shallow. But last night when I asked her what was the greatest obstacle we had to overcome in order to get married, she said - RELIGION!

She said she was a Witness and that Witnesses don't marry outside. And that we shouldn't even think it cos it wont work. I have a lot to say but I cant even type it. I couldn't sleep last night. And am getting depressed right now.

I dont know what to do now cos I really, really, really love this chic. I really do need your advice. Can you guys help me?

If not that I have a higher calling and a vision I live for, I would have followed her to her church. But I just cant.

Can I get to convince or persuade her to join my RCCG church? Is it possible? Has it ever happened before?

Her whole family are Witnesses.

We are really in love with each other, though I think mine is deeper. But no one wants to let go of his or her beliefs to join the other person. If I switch, its as good as switching my destiny as well cos I need this pentecostal platform to fulfill my calling, and actualise my dream and visions.

Does anyone out there have any meaningful and workable advice for this dude, cos I would really, really love to get married to her.

Bros, one key area of compatibility in marriage is that of religious beliefs. If you don't have the same beliefs, then why go ahead? It will just lead to unnecessary stress and unhappiness.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by rabzy: 9:46am On Jul 22, 2011
odiaero:

Where?
odiaero:

My guy, the way things are there, if they have the power, they may

In the Bible he quoted it mentioned marry only in the lord, there was nothing like work in the lord there, so if the bible mandated them to work only in the lord, then they would probably do that. So that analogy does not fly. Then remember in his explanation, the israelites don't marry outside their religion but they trade with others.
The Major reasons the Jews were hated all thru the centuries was because they believed their religion was the true religion handed by God and so they do not want any interference or corruption of it, therefore any community they are, they stand out as different, they dress differently eat differently, marry only themselves. The early church was also like that, they stood out for miles from others they became easy target.
Now everything is blended, no one knows one from the other, the only people that are quite different are the Jehovah's withnesses and they have become easy targets.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Wislet(f): 9:46am On Jul 22, 2011
@OP, MY DEAR, THERE'S NO POINT GIVING YOURSELF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE OVER THIS. IF SHE, AS A WOMAN, WON'T 'SUBMIT' TO YOU BECAUSE OF RELIGION - IT'S NOT AS IF YOU GUYS ARE OF OPPOSITE FAITHS (U BELIEVE IN THE SAME GOD!), THEN YOU NEED TO CHECK THIS ''LOVE'' YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. Is it really 'love?'. Religion is blinding a lot of people. You believe in God and His son, yet u have a wide berth between you. Believe me, You don't want to have a home where hearts are divided with your children in the middle of the fracas.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 22, 2011
Quote from Odiaero
"My guy, the way things are there, if they have the power, they may

And that scares you?  grin Pls get your facts right! Nigeria has a population of over 150,000,000
Jehovah's Witnesses are less than 400,000!
Are you seeing any Co-relation with your above statement? I believe that there are weighter issues to fry, than castigating Jehovah's Witnesses and their beliefs! Just give the LOVE STRUCK OP your advice and move to the Next Thread, abi? undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by afolabom: 9:53am On Jul 22, 2011
Don't bother ur self too much bro.these JW don't marry outside, I'm in ur shoes, I was just lucky that I've not
Commited so much, Just try to look 4 a way out,
I know it's not easy, bit it is 4 ur own good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can You Marry Someone That Can't Read Or Write But Gives You Peace Of Mind? / I'm Scared Of Marriage Because Of The Married Women I Dated. / Fellow Nairalanders You All Are Specially Invited To My Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.