Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

NSITF Interview In August - Jobs/Vacancies (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NSITF Interview In August (404196 Views)

Frsc, Nema, Nimsi, Itf, Ncc And Nsitf Recuitments!!!! / Post NSITF Appointment:information And Updates / NSITF Appointment Letter Is Finally Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSITF Interview In August by almithy(m): 9:04pm On Apr 11, 2012
nawa for nsitf,all dis while they can stil put tins rite,one story to d oda.may b dey nid decade for dem to b able to come out wit d letters.tanks to dose dat hav bin doin a gud job.may God make us smile at d end. Notin like standard practice,u apply for d job and u should b ready to tender urself anytime d nid arises.wen millions of people are jobless lukin for job.
Re: NSITF Interview In August by caldan: 9:06pm On Apr 11, 2012
I will like us to know that this forum is also open to hopefuls as high as DGMs & GMs and you just expect that such a highly placed officer will be removed from his duty just like that. as I said earlier it could only be possible with fresh graduates or those that are not employed at the moment. lets be mindful that HR also can use it to discover those that are telling lies about their experience/present job status
Re: NSITF Interview In August by caldan: 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2012
Rahym001: @caldan i had a friend who was workin in a ministry before bein employed by FIRS he was given 7days to report to his state of postin after the orientation. I dont know of NSITF.
what happened in his/her case I dont know but my colleague was also employed in FIRS& he was given enough time to handover(as the then Chief Accountant), someother colleagues of mine left my Organization to ITF they were given time also
Re: NSITF Interview In August by caldan: 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
Rahym001: @caldan i had a friend who was workin in a ministry before bein employed by FIRS he was given 7days to report to his state of postin after the orientation. I dont know of NSITF.
Re: NSITF Interview In August by galadee(m): 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
The fact is, when u are employed u will be given time to prefer urself 4 the challenges ahead, that's the standand in Gov't establishments

1 Like

Re: NSITF Interview In August by Jybz: 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2012
Broncop I see u r online but am sure u no go post anythng....I dey thrwey Salute...me sha wen it comes...I will receive it with open arms..have bin so busy at work dis days..I hardly remebr NSITF till I reach hme..Its well people!!!!!
Re: NSITF Interview In August by caldan: 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2012
pls, lets put sentiments aside, if u dont know there is Public Service Rules which which governs Appointments,Resignations,Terminations etc and if u are to leave your job u must give mandatory notice or you payback which is applicable to NSITF also. I know we are all anxious, its well!
Re: NSITF Interview In August by caldan: 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2012
to so many of us in Public service we have ways of doing it, u may forfeit ur annual leave, you may go AWOL, u may pally ur immediate boss, you may ask for casual leave etc. as for me,Im keeping my annual leave for it, most especially whenever u are not sure of where u are going.but in anyway I wish ourselves Goodluck!
Re: NSITF Interview In August by lilodez: 9:49pm On Apr 11, 2012
na wa o.
Re: NSITF Interview In August by steffans(m): 9:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
i heard in d news(NTA) dey wer talking abut implementing d ECA plan and some stuffs b4 Nepa did wat dey do best...who heard d whole thng abut Nsitf dis evenings netwrk news!!!!
Cheers!
Re: NSITF Interview In August by write247ng(m): 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
in god we trust that i will make a way for us.
I need to know that the standard govt processes are changing todat, one recruitmenr then do not last for over a year like this.
let us just keep waiting as things unfold
Re: NSITF Interview In August by puplin(f): 10:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
Rahym001: @puplin wen u are called tell them u ve to notify ur former employer and c wat happens, for ur info do u knw d number of unemployed in dis country, forumite did not call my source 2day to knw if there was a meetin but as soon as i do u will be informed
Dude, read up the thread again...i wasn't the one talking about standard practice. I actually said something to the contrary..ok?
Re: NSITF Interview In August by Clem45(m): 11:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
I just read on-net THISDAY 2 be precise dat a committee was inuagurated 2day which comprises NSITF and NECA 2 facilitate d implementation of ECA.According 2 d board chairman, she apologised 4 d delay in not kicking off fully in d first quarter which was due 2 lack of funds but urge dem 2 work hard 2 cover d lost months.I THINK WE'RE THERE 4 IS THESAME THING DAT HAS BEEN HOLDING US.SHALOM
Re: NSITF Interview In August by Rahym001(m): 11:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
@puplin my apologies, it was meant for TUNISKI
Re: NSITF Interview In August by jafar(m): 12:56am On Apr 12, 2012
Clem45: I just read on-net THISDAY 2 be precise dat a committee was inuagurated 2day which comprises NSITF and NECA 2 facilitate d implementation of ECA.According 2 d board chairman, she apologised 4 d delay in not kicking off fully in d first quarter which was due 2 lack of funds but urge dem 2 work hard 2 cover d lost months.I THINK WE'RE THERE 4 IS THESAME THING DAT HAS BEEN HOLDING US.SHALOM
Clem45 - could you pls post the link.tks
Re: NSITF Interview In August by garnetty(m): 2:25am On Apr 12, 2012
Lord of host in your hand i commit all my expectations.

2 Likes

Re: NSITF Interview In August by kpdc85: 7:52am On Apr 12, 2012
I think the experienced are the ones that wud be called soon,so dey say,because dem say dem say don plenty, but sure God is forever faithful
Re: NSITF Interview In August by timbs001(m): 8:22am On Apr 12, 2012
culled from leadership newspaper online

NSITF, NECA Inaugurate Joint Committee On Workplace Safety
Leadership Editors's picture
Wed, 11/04/2012 - 5:35pm | AGENCY REPORT

News
Politics

The Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) in collaboration with the Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA), on Wednesday in Abuja, inaugurated a joint committee on safety in the workplace.

Inaugurating the committee, Dr Mrs Ngozi Olejeme, the Chairman Board of Directors of NSITF, said the committee would effectively implement the safe work intervention project of the fund.

She said the committee would ensure compliance with the Employees’ Compensation Act (ECA) and acceptance of the scheme by employers of labour.

Olejeme said that NSITF and NECA would work together on the project to conduct regular audit of Occupational Health and Safety Infrastructure to ascertain the level of compliance with existing laws.

She explained that the two organisations, through the committee, would no longer take lightly issues bothering on non-compliance with the ECA.

``The joint committee is to identify and intervene appropriately in improving the health and safety infrastructure of companies/employers, which facilities fall below acceptable standards.

``The committee is to execute capacity building programmes on an on-going basis for contributors to the scheme.

``It will also conduct annual employer/NSITF interactive forum in the six geo-political zones of the federation to facilitate compliance and prompt payment of contributions.”

She disclosed that an annual employers’ forum would henceforth be organised and employers who complied with the scheme would be recognised and rewarded.

Olejeme said that NACA would function as the project's manager and would spearhead the implementation of the scheme.

She blamed the inability of the project to take off in the first quarter of 2012 as scheduled on budgetary constraints and urged the committee to ensure that they made up for the time lost.

In his remark, the Director-General of NECA, Mr Olusegun Oshinowo, said that the project was inspired by the realisation that human capacity was the most valuable asset in any business.

He stressed that the focus of NECA and NSITF was now more on the safety of workers and prevention of accidents, rather than on the payment of compensations in the event of accidents.

He said it was based on the understanding that no amount of money could replace a lost limb or life lost.

``To any business, the human capital is the most valuable asset and as your most valuable asset, common sense and enlightened self-interest dictates that you pay special attention to that very valuable asset.

``That is what has informed NECA’s interest in this project.

``Under this new dispensation of employees compensation act, our focus should be on safety: the objective of this programme is for us to make sure that we reduce to the barest minimum the incidence of injuries in the workplace.”

Oshinowo said that there shall be no hiding place for employers who failed to comply with the ECA.

“This project would make sure that it conducts audits on a regular basis of factory facilities that are on ground.

``There will be no hiding place for any employer that that has not prepared to either comply with the employees’ compensation Act or comply with the factory act.”

The Managing Director of NSITF, Alhaji Umar Abubakar, on his part, pledged the commitment of members of the committee to the success of the scheme.

Also speaking, Mr Tunji Olaopa, the Permanent Secretary in the ministry of labour, emphasised the importance of human capital development to the development of any nation.

He pledged the commitment of the ministry to ensuring the successful completion of the project.

Members of the committee include: NSITF’s Director of Projects, Mrs Helen Jemerigbe; Mr Tim Olawale, Mr Ibrahim Wakawa and Mr Weight Obua. (NAN)
Re: NSITF Interview In August by puplin(f): 8:59am On Apr 12, 2012
timbs001: culled from leadership newspaper online

NSITF, NECA Inaugurate Joint Committee On Workplace Safety
Leadership Editors's picture
Wed, 11/04/2012 - 5:35pm | AGENCY REPORT

News
Politics

The Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) in collaboration with the Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA), on Wednesday in Abuja, inaugurated a joint committee on safety in the workplace.

Inaugurating the committee, Dr Mrs Ngozi Olejeme, the Chairman Board of Directors of NSITF, said the committee would effectively implement the safe work intervention project of the fund.

She said the committee would ensure compliance with the Employees’ Compensation Act (ECA) and acceptance of the scheme by employers of labour.

Olejeme said that NSITF and NECA would work together on the project to conduct regular audit of Occupational Health and Safety Infrastructure to ascertain the level of compliance with existing laws.

She explained that the two organisations, through the committee, would no longer take lightly issues bothering on non-compliance with the ECA.

``The joint committee is to identify and intervene appropriately in improving the health and safety infrastructure of companies/employers, which facilities fall below acceptable standards.

``The committee is to execute capacity building programmes on an on-going basis for contributors to the scheme.

``It will also conduct annual employer/NSITF interactive forum in the six geo-political zones of the federation to facilitate compliance and prompt payment of contributions.”

She disclosed that an annual employers’ forum would henceforth be organised and employers who complied with the scheme would be recognised and rewarded.

Olejeme said that NACA would function as the project's manager and would spearhead the implementation of the scheme.

She blamed the inability of the project to take off in the first quarter of 2012 as scheduled on budgetary constraints and urged the committee to ensure that they made up for the time lost.

In his remark, the Director-General of NECA, Mr Olusegun Oshinowo, said that the project was inspired by the realisation that human capacity was the most valuable asset in any business.

He stressed that the focus of NECA and NSITF was now more on the safety of workers and prevention of accidents, rather than on the payment of compensations in the event of accidents.

He said it was based on the understanding that no amount of money could replace a lost limb or life lost.

``To any business, the human capital is the most valuable asset and as your most valuable asset, common sense and enlightened self-interest dictates that you pay special attention to that very valuable asset.

``That is what has informed NECA’s interest in this project.

``Under this new dispensation of employees compensation act, our focus should be on safety: the objective of this programme is for us to make sure that we reduce to the barest minimum the incidence of injuries in the workplace.”

Oshinowo said that there shall be no hiding place for employers who failed to comply with the ECA.

“This project would make sure that it conducts audits on a regular basis of factory facilities that are on ground.

``There will be no hiding place for any employer that that has not prepared to either comply with the employees’ compensation Act or comply with the factory act.”

The Managing Director of NSITF, Alhaji Umar Abubakar, on his part, pledged the commitment of members of the committee to the success of the scheme.

Also speaking, Mr Tunji Olaopa, the Permanent Secretary in the ministry of labour, emphasised the importance of human capital development to the development of any nation.

He pledged the commitment of the ministry to ensuring the successful completion of the project.

Members of the committee include: NSITF’s Director of Projects, Mrs Helen Jemerigbe; Mr Tim Olawale, Mr Ibrahim Wakawa and Mr Weight Obua. (NAN)
Nowhere in all their publications in dailies have they talked about bringing in people, it's from one committee to another.
Re: NSITF Interview In August by Flexsexybone: 9:33am On Apr 12, 2012
My prayer this morning is that those who has no job will find something to keep them busy while waiting for NSITF or even a job better than this one. Beacause from the look of things, we are not getting anywere soon. *Forget the rumours* : lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: NSITF Interview In August by tuniski: 10:26am On Apr 12, 2012
@Rahym001 I like your spirit but the truth is that when you do in house direct job recruitment, you can be asked to resume right there!!! However, with this manner of recruitment I bet you the minimum time line will be one month sometimes even more to accept and resume ok! It is even evidently clear as self evident from the prolonged and unexplained mago mago recruitment by NSITF! Let 23rd not be after salah or xmas shall cos once it is futuristic we all know what dat means "till GOD help his own" AMEN!
Re: NSITF Interview In August by afolisho: 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2012
puplin: Nowhere in all their publications in dailies have they talked about bringing in people, it's from one committee to another.

To me I believe that this is a positive sign that we will be called soon. I don't believe that they should have addressed the issue of employment in the news since that is not their focus. I want to belive that from the tone of the news, with the calibre of staff that will be coming in, NSITF is poised to fulfil its mandate optimally.
Re: NSITF Interview In August by lilodez: 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2012
congrats al the journey has ended. Nb. You are or would be given 1 month to resume
Re: NSITF Interview In August by timbs001(m): 12:33pm On Apr 12, 2012
lilodez: congrats al the journey has ended.
@ lilodez, shed more light on ur statement please. Don't raise our Bp o cheesy wink
Re: NSITF Interview In August by rasalam(m): 1:07pm On Apr 12, 2012
We shall all have cause to laugh at the end of the day...we re dere!
Re: NSITF Interview In August by caldan: 1:22pm On Apr 12, 2012
@Lilodez, u are correct, there must be a minimum of 1 month notice. As I said days back that I heard NSITF jingles in a local radio and inline with this NSITF/NECA alliance we are on course,its getting close,stay calm
Re: NSITF Interview In August by Authority01: 1:33pm On Apr 12, 2012
She has picked up her offer letter and she has 30 days to resume and her documentation starts next week. That is the latest. Wishing you the best
Re: NSITF Interview In August by rasalam(m): 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2012
@authority 01, is it dat u ve gotten ur offer letter?please kindly inform the house.
Re: NSITF Interview In August by Nonybose: 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2012
Wht shall i say unto the lord,all i have to say is THANK u GOD,the letter's is out
Re: NSITF Interview In August by lilodez: 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2012
Authority01: She has picked up her offer letter and she has 30 days to resume and her documentation starts next week. That is the latest. Wishing you the best
a big amen to that.
Re: NSITF Interview In August by Authority01: 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2012
@rasalam just explained to you Lilodez statement
Re: NSITF Interview In August by Nonybose: 1:57pm On Apr 12, 2012
@Rasalam,yes is the offer letter,just got the cal this morning,

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (130) (Reply)

PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 / Fresh Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2015 / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.