Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,820 members, 7,824,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Does God Approve Dating? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Approve Dating? (8667 Views)

Does God Approve Dating? / Does God Favor Some People Over Others? / How Does God Talk to People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Approve Dating? by EvilBrain1(m): 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2011
When I read some of these Nairaland threads, I fear for my country. The level or reetardation is frightening!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by YoruIgbo(m): 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2011
What kind of kissing? There are couple of places where kissing was mentioned and I guess kisses where allowed in some culture within the Middle East but when it involves exchanging siliva  grin that na another level!!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Kwanlo(m): 11:07pm On Jul 24, 2011
Well, I really dont know if he approves but I guess we need it right? As long as it is serious and healthy with d possibility of leading to d alter!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 24, 2011
lol@ 0p

and how would we know? Are we God/s?

I GUESS that as long as neither of the parties purposely set out to hurt the other or other people then it's ok.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Joe5(m): 11:30pm On Jul 24, 2011
@pendo u forget that it's one thing that leads to one thing which leads another thing. Why should you say ordinary kiss is ok in pre intimacy. By the way, which one is extraordinary kiss if there's ordinary kiss
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by JayKid1(m): 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2011
Educative grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Olugboo: 11:40pm On Jul 24, 2011
What is "Dating"? Dating, to a 21st century man is equal to premarital sex. On average a woman/man will have 5-7 dates before getting married and he will sleep with almost all. God most certainly is not in approval of that and to think or insinuate otherwise is blasphemy. If we are talking about "Dating" without lust or casual/serious "sexing"  and with all purpose and  sincere intentions from both parties is  geared towards marriage, then, God approves such.  However, i am pretty sure that we are not talking of the later.
As for wheather it is in the bible or not, well 2000yrs ago i am pretty sure that they don't "Date" and they were not sexually laxed as we are today. Children live with their parents until they get married. They don't Shack up as we do today. As a matter of fact the phrase "I am Dating" was invented because it sounds more civil and less vulgar than " i am having sex with".

@Poster: God has absolutely no role to play in human relationships. Even people who believe in a deity called God will recognize that God is too busy doing much more important things wherever he is than to concern him/her self with whether a human being kisses or sleeps with a fellow human being. There is no such thing as a universal "Do's" and "Don'ts" list, our morality is determined by our own individual socio-cultural values. Religion has no role to play in morality, and we will be the most miserable of all men if we rely on  religion to tell us how to be moral. Human beings do not need any approval from a deity in order to perform a basic human trait of procreation!
The Aztec for centuries believed in human sacrife and they sacrified thousands of humans to their god. They did not see any thing immoral about it.  My question to you is this, since social cultural values allows it does it make it right and justifiable?
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by 3kay945(m): 11:44pm On Jul 24, 2011
omo_to_dun:

This thread is a perfect example of why Nigeria will NEVER progress. God this, God that. Abeg leave the Man alone and live your life. Nigerians are a quintessential example of a people who bother God for every single thing. Exam is coming tomorrow: Pray for 23 hours and 59 minutes and cram for 1 minute. Looking for a spouse: go to your Pastor and fast and pray till menopause and/or gray hair comes. Want better leaders: pray to God day and night. Ṣiọ, ibẹ lẹma kusi.
Lol it., and funny.
Naija is full of hypocrites.
They talk as if they really do the will of God.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by henchmark: 11:47pm On Jul 24, 2011
this question is quite funny. jacob and rachel were engaged for 7years, what were they doing? they were dating, its just that 99% of dates these days end up in immorality, God does approve of dating so long as it remains chaste, after all how will you know if you both share same values if you dont get to know the other party, but in all there should be no form of immorality.

i read some post of ordinary and extraordinary kisses, like you would have ordinary hug and extraordinary hug. an ordinary kiss is shallow from of affection that may not last more than a second, and you could kiss for upto 30 minutes or more than a second, thats becoming deep, that definitely is extraordinary
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 11:47pm On Jul 24, 2011
It takes two very mature people dating to engage in an ordinary kiss or whatever you may call it without going further.
I see nothing immoral in a kiss on the cheeks. Its an expression of love.So long as its not lust.I like naturaly spiritual people.
It simply shows you are a human being with feelings and thats very godly.
Hey who wants to date a spirit only?Body soul and spirit all come into play when dating!
Now If you cant control yourself keep off that kiss on the cheeks.
Do not start what you do not want to finish.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:48pm On Jul 24, 2011
Me ma I go just keep plenty concubines  grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by paris10: 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2011
What is dating in the first place?

Ans, To know each other better. Saying does God approve of dating is an overstatement. This question can only be asked when you're 10 or 13 years old. But as you come of age you'll realise that God wants us to have relationship with one another. I just wish we refrain from this attitude of using God in every conversation. God wants us to be more constructive and use our sense to judge things correctly.

It is good to know God, but is also advisable not to be ignorant and gullible believers. Look at our movies, the sooner a film ends, a big 'GLORY TO GOD' screen will pop up. A 30 or 60 minutes journey by a bus or coach within Nigeria would certainly give birth to several 'Pastors' inside the bus. A little church service would commence and last for not less than 10 minutes. Why can't every one pray for journey mercies in their respective homes before boarding the bus? Afterall God says 'I'll go before you and make all crooked way straight'. Don't you know that He that keepeth you will never sleep nor slumber. Psalm 121:5 "The LORD watches over you, "

Enough of this little church service in our work place! Go to some banks and companies, you'll witness first hand service around 8 am. You can not deceive God. Praying at work does not make you any better a person and does not in any way increase sales. DO IT AT HOME. Dating is called friendship which then leads to intimate relationship.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 12:05am On Jul 25, 2011
God needs to slap people everytime they use his name in vain.

Is it God's will to Be Intimate morning or in the afternoon?
Is it God will for me to work or not
Is it God's will for me to marry?
Is it God's will for me to accept this promotion?
Is it God's will for me to cross the street?
Is it His will for me to cook egusi or whatevr! angry angry angry

Its lack of growth among christians coupled with ignorance and foolishness.Trying to involve God in every lil little petty biz yet he gave us brains to think.That aside,read the bible and act stop irritating Him!!like a baby.

Anyway the reason people perish is due to lack of knowledge.Better be wise and you will not be deceived.
angry
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by paris10: 12:20am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

God needs to slap people everytime they use his name in vain.

Is it God's will to Be Intimate morning or in the afternoon?
Is it God will for me to work or not
Is it God's will for me to marry?
Is it God's will for me to accept this promotion?
Is it God's will for me to cross the street?
Is it His will for me to cook egusi or whatevr! angry angry angry

Its lack of growth among christians coupled with ignorance and foolishness.Trying to involve God in every lil little petty biz yet he gave us brains to think.That aside,read the bible and act stop irritating Him!!like a baby.

Anyway the reason people perish is due to lack of knowledge.Better be wise and you will not be deceived.
angry

That part is just too hilarious grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 25, 2011
You know what i've come to notice about most peeps here? GUILT! When you are Guilty of a topic being discussed, you do your best to trash it down! And that to me is B.U.L.L.Poo! Stop making childish statements about GOD! The OP asked a very simple question, all it needs, is for you lot to maturely reason, and give a corresponding answer! If that is so hard for you to do, then i suggest you TAKE A WALK! undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by BABE3: 12:30am On Jul 25, 2011
sexkillz:

You know what i've come to notice about most peeps here? GUILT! When you are Guilty of a topic being discussed, you do your best to trash it down! And that to me is B.U.L.L.Poo! Stop making childish statements about GOD! The OP asked a very simple question, all it needs, is for you lot to maturely reason, and give a corresponding answer! If that is so hard for you to do, then i suggest you TAKE A WALK! undecided

Hmmm---I agree with you. Frankly, We all know the truth about this topic!---> God (my own God o) is most def. against dating("modern-day dating"wink. But like the cliche saying goes; "The truth is freaking bitter".
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 12:56am On Jul 25, 2011
@sexkillz,

I think people are just dissecting it to make us see if God plays any part in certain aspects of our lives.(esp in relationships)
Some people stopped using their heads and spiritualise everything including going to the toilet or eating food and they end up messing their lives! I doubt if anybody is pointing fingers at the poster.Its just general observations.
some dudes try to squeeze God in everything even when they know what to do,using His name in vain.
eg.

If you dont study you will fail! Do not call for miracle prayers to make you pass!
If you dont take care of your body,you fall sick! stop calling for prayers again.
If you dont date right then you may fornicate and get pregnant.dont say it was Gods will.
If instead of working you go for secret prayers and you are always late you will be fired!
And God will put a rubber stamp there signed 'obedient but foolish child'. undecided

Combine some wisdom with godliness pliz.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

@sexkillz,

I think people are just dissecting it to make us see if God plays any part in certain aspects of our lives.(esp in relationships)
Some people stopped using their heads and spiritualise everything including going to the toilet or eating food and they end up messing their lives!
They try to squeeze in God in everything even when they know what to do.That is what I call using His name in vain.
eg.

If you dont study you will fail! Do not call for miracle prayers to make you pass!
If you dont take care of your body,you fall sick! stop calling for prayers again.
If you dont date right then you may fornicate and get pregnant.dont say it was Gods will.
If instead of working you go for secret prayers and you are always late you will be fired! And God will put a rubber stamp there!

Combine some wisdom with godliness pliz.

Then they have a lot more "Hammering" on their heads to come! Unless my internet connection fails me, or i fall asleep, i WONT allow any thoughtless saying about MY OWN GOD go without the poster backing himself up! ATHEISTS are MOST WELCOME! I've never been more ready for anything on this forum! smiley
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Princek12(m): 3:39am On Jul 25, 2011
If you don't date, how are you supposed to marry? Are you supposed to meet someone and marry them immediately thereafter? What kind of stupid post is this?
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by JShama: 4:20am On Jul 25, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]Where did the word dating come from? If I remember well, it used to be called courtship,
The other variant of it, which was practised by those who do not care what God thinks, was called illicit relationship? I thought dating was what gave the western world the notoriety for such lascivious way of life that has removed the power from the witness for which their fathers were so well known. Wake up children, following the ways of God is a choice. He is not looking for half hearted people who would blame everything but themselves for their failures. If you chose the way of God, fine. If not, do not think that giving Him 50 to 99% of you will impress Him. He is seeking for those who will worship Him in spirit and in truth.[color=#990000]
  [/color]
[/size][/size][/size]
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by nairapark: 5:04am On Jul 25, 2011
You guys are just so funny grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendusky(m): 5:22am On Jul 25, 2011
Diz lady called pendo never ceased to amaze me with ha comments. Hahahahaha.@pendo will like to hear more about ur experiences @poster you did well by bringing it this topic, but you see, the level of understanding such topic in naija religion and culture differs, some people, We have a thousand and one churches with different doctrines, so 50%may believe dating is in God's enacted do's and 50% otherwise. Its all about you.Diz lady called pendo never ceased to amaze me with ha comments. Hahahahaha.@pendo will like to hear more about ur experiences @poster you did well by bringing it this topic, but you see, the level of understanding such topic in naija religion and culture differs, some people, We have a thousand and one churches with different doctrines, so 50%may believe dating is in God's enacted do's and 50% otherwise. Its all about you.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by MeandSum: 5:36am On Jul 25, 2011
sexkillz:

Then they have a lot more "Hammering" on their heads to come! Unless my internet connection fails me, or i fall asleep, i WONT allow any thoughtless saying about MY OWN GOD go without the poster backing himself up! ATHEISTS are MOST WELCOME! I've never been more ready for anything on this forum! smiley

I really pity you. You are wasting your time believing in something you can't understand or something that has been proven to be , well a lie.
From you post, you'll want us to believe you've heard God's voice , personally telling you "I am God"?

Let's rock-n-roll then!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by MeandSum: 5:42am On Jul 25, 2011
Atreides:

But why are you saying this thing like it's a fact?

Actually, it is a fact. all religions are based on falsehood so yours can't be an exception.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:48am On Jul 25, 2011
let me say this,
the Holy Bible may be against our type of dating in this modern world, BUT remember,
we must NOT apply everything in Bible in our day to day activities, reason is simple
in the aspect of dating,with the current events,situations,diseases or infections
has made us to critically examine our future wife or husband, no wonder these days,
some women are pregnant on their wedding day,wearing WHITE,which signify VIRGIN  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
i know some couples (especially deeper life and Jehovah witness) that got marry without proper investigations,
and ended up ,not having only issue but crisis upon crisis. Simply because He is a member of 'our church  grin. So people believe ,
in absence of doubt or future occurrence,there is need to know the person your getting married to,
thatz why our DATING these days involves SEX,TESTING grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 25, 2011
MeandSum:

I really pity you. You are wasting your time believing in something you can't understand or something that has been proven to be ,  well a lie.
From you post, you'll want us to believe you've heard God's voice ,  personally telling you "I am  God"?

Let's rock-n-roll then!
Well There!
You believe there are Circular Objects don't you?

Have you seen a "perfect circle"?

Have you ever felt a "perfect Circle"?

Has a "perfect circle" walked up to you, to introduce itself?

Does a "perfect circle" exist in nature?

Well, if I can only have ideas of things that exist, or things that have only been proven,

where did I get the idea of a perfect circle?

Can a "personality" ever evolve from nothing "Impersonal"?
Answer these questions! smiley
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Cuddlemii: 6:42am On Jul 25, 2011
Has someone seen Mary again or visited hell for a day in his dream and was asked to warn mankind. These scriptures and daily manna we get here on a daily basis is getting too much. Can't you preach God without decorating it with intimate sturvs.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Atreides(f): 6:50am On Jul 25, 2011
MeandSum:

Actually, it is a fact. all religions are based on falsehood so yours can't be an exception.
WhAAAAT?
Biko kwanu,whatever you say,don't involve me,my religion and my faith.

I really don't get why you people keep repeating the same thing; "It's a fact,it's a fact"
Which fact?
What makes it a fact?
Who proved it to be a fact?

And which bloody "falsehoods" are you talking about?
Are you saying Jesus is false?
Are you saying the Bible is fasle?
State your position!

I don't like arguing with atheists(and when the hell did we start having atheists in Nigeria anyways?)
It's a never-ending circle.

If you don't believe in God,that's your business,but don't try to denigrate my faith and my relationship with HIM.

I may be young but what i believe is mine and mine alone-not what my parents taught me.

I do not believe blindly-God gave me a brain because HE wants me to use it,and i do.
I examine things and i think for myself.

I agree that there are problems with organized religion,but to say that all religion is based on falsehood?
How e take be?

I may not be a regular church-goer but i like to think my relationship with HIM is strong.

I haven't had that many problems,but i have seen first-hand HIS work in my life and i will not stand for someone rubbishing HIM, all HE is and the means by which HE communicates with us today.

I repeat-if you do not believe in God that is your own palava,but do not denigrate my beliefs or my faith.
It is something you will never understand.

Now i do not want to derail this thread any further-this is the romance section and not the religious section.
If you want to discuss how "all religion is based on a falsehood" please migrate there and start a topic.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 6:56am On Jul 25, 2011
Damn!We are not here to prove whether or not God exists! Choose your God and live your life!
If you believe He exists well and good.If you do not,good for you too! C'mmon we all have a free choice! And He never forces himself on anybody.
I say this, if you believe your god works then serve him.My God works and so I serve Him.No big deal.
I may tell you about Him but never force you to believe in Him.If people saw JC live live and they still doubted what make you believe that anybody who has not seen Him will easily believe? Everything about Him is by Faith you either believe or not.Now that is the foolishness God talks about and which He is proud to be associated with! And I choose to be a fool too 4 believing in God.

Back to dating.There's a difference btwn Dating and Petting.You can choose to be irresponsible or responsible for your actions and consequences.
If you 'profess' Godliness try and avoid all appearances of evil that may lead to temptation and eventually sin. Kissing,petting are not evil but can act as avenues to sin (fornication).Now this is a rule for believers only.If you are not hey,dont fret keep doing your thing).
That is why I say if you are not strong or mature enough to control your emotions then just seal your lips till the right time .
Nobody died out of not petting.Infact they die for engaging in it. well if it goes beyond that.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 7:08am On Jul 25, 2011
grin cuddle yeah mary is on NL the newbie!
People need to know where God stops, well rather where he expects us to use the brains that he gave us and not ask him what colour of thongs we should buy  to make our relationships more romantic!
Pple are stressing God too much and later blaming Him for our own silly mistakes.
Choose your wife/patner wisely but don't close your eyes go to some crazy mountains and expect Him to drop a wife from wherever!Its a natural thing nothing so godly there! The state of your heart is what matters the most.If your heart is right and you apply sense and wisdom then you will know what to do and not cry God all the time!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Sike(m): 7:35am On Jul 25, 2011
Me i dont know o. But i THINK the Qur'an does.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by MeandSum: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2011
Atreides:

WhAAAAT?
Biko kwanu,whatever you say,don't involve me,my religion and my faith.

I really don't get why you people keep repeating the same thing; "It's a fact,it's a fact"
Which fact?
What makes it a fact?
Who proved it to be a fact?

And which bloody "falsehoods" are you talking about?
Are you saying Jesus is false?
Are you saying the Bible is fasle?
State your position!

I don't like arguing with atheists(and when the hell did we start having atheists in Nigeria anyways?)
It's a never-ending circle.

If you don't believe in God,that's your business,but don't try to denigrate my faith and my relationship with HIM.

I may be young but what i believe is mine and mine alone-not what my parents taught me.

I do not believe blindly-God gave me a brain because HE wants me to use it,and i do.
I examine things and i think for myself.

I agree that there are problems with organized religion,but to say that all religion is based on falsehood?
How e take be?

I may not be a regular church-goer but i like to think my relationship with HIM is strong.

I haven't had that many problems,but i have seen first-hand HIS work in my life and i will not stand for someone rubbishing HIM, all HE is and the means by which HE communicates with us today.

I repeat-if you do not believe in God that is your own palava,but do not denigrate my beliefs or my faith.
It is something you will never understand.

Now i do not want to derail this thread any further-this is the romance section and not the religious section.
If you want to discuss how "all religion is based on a falsehood" please migrate there and start a topic.

Are you saying Jesus is false? Oh Fxck he is! I know that as a fact because history proves he is either delusional, mislead or outright fraud. my take on it is that he was mislead.
Are you saying the Bible is false? Absolutely, yes. I'm saying the bible and all books based on it is are false.

I agree, it is the wrong section but that does not mean you should be giving him a bad advice.

His question was if God allows dating. and the answer is "God" has no idea who you are and your romantic life is none of his business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Led By Low-Quality Politicians — Bishop Ighele / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / I Want To Know About MFM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.