Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Does God Approve Dating? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Approve Dating? (8652 Views)

Does God Approve Dating? / Does God Favor Some People Over Others? / How Does God Talk to People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2011
MeandSum:

Wait a minute. So, because I said let's rock and roll I was picking on a lady or what? didn't get you. As for your questions, I've answered them. The bible is a junk book,  and jesus was mislead.
Boy how you twist your self! I asked you NUMEROUS QUESTIONS and i expect an answer for EACH of them!

Now prove to me your above statement about The Bible being a Junk book, and Jesus Being MISLED! Waiting Boo! undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 25, 2011
tEsLim:

You still dont understand!!!! Damn! You dont need the bible or Christianity to know whats good or right in the eyes of law or logic!!!! Damn must Christianity be brought into all things? Do you know what Christianity means? It simply means living life like Jesus your Christ!!! 4uck it!! Do you know Moses wasn't Christian? Because them never born Jesus that time self!!! And people have been able to judge and tell what is good for the society. The society you live in mostly determines your moral values! I'm so pissed at why some people are misleading people on forums like this. I'll report you to moderator oh!

Ok do you know Evil can exist without the DEVIL (As the devil doesn't exist neither do the gods) ? The human mind is very complex and capable of doing all sorts of things. Which makes your argument about your gods being able to know everything omniscience, omnipotence fraud! Because your gods can not know the next thing I may type on this thread.

Let LOVERS do whatever they are pleased with as long as they are not breaking the rules of their society that may put them in JAIL. I rather WORSHIP THE GOVERNMENT as the GODS of TODAY! But then they're super corrupt just as any profit driving organization is , and so is the church.

What is logic?

What is truth?

Whose truth is right?

Are truth and logic material?

Can you see it?

To claim logic you must determine what determines logic or who? Now tell Me!

Also prove how EVIL can exist without the DEVIL! undecided undecided C'mon Papy!

Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 9:00am On Jul 25, 2011
claremont:

Where is it stated in the Bible that God abhors kissing/intimacy between 2 consenting adults?! <<<<Show me that, and I will show you areas of the Bible were God actively supported and perpetuated gross immorality and genocide!
Beync:

Firsly, i want you to check for yourself what is intimate imorality,
Read
Colossians 3:5 and 6
Galatians 5:19 and 20
1 Corinth 6:18
Acts 15 : 20
Sex between husband and wife is the only form of intimate relations of which God approves
Read Hebrew 13:4.
1. God says "Thou shall not kill"--1 Chronicles 21 shows that God ordered 70,000 innocent people to be killed. Is that not genocide?!
2. God is the pioneer of sex slavery-- Exodus 21:1 shows that God actively promoted selling one's own daughter as a sex slave. Is that not immorality?!
Please this argument is getting so ridiculous, because my religious brethren seem to be like the Prophets of Baal who are so concerned with ranting, wailing, and crying to the high heavens, and by doing so they have completely lost the ability to reason simple issues logically.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 25, 2011
tEsLim:

Do you know Moses wasn't Christian? Because them never born Jesus that time self!!!

Where did you find out about Moses, Since you dont Believe a WORD the BIBLE SAYS? undecided

tEsLim:
And people have been able to judge and tell what is good for the society. The society you live in mostly determines your moral values!
.And who says which society idea is right; there is no standard to base in a majority rule. Another point to bring it home is, why does every sane person have a conscience, even when it is not dictated by society?
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by tEsLim(m): 9:04am On Jul 25, 2011
What is logic? Logic is the formal systematic study of the principles of valid inference and correct reasoning. Logic is used in most intellectual activities, but is studied primarily in the disciplines of philosophy, mathematics, semantics, and computer science. Logic examines general forms which arguments may take, which forms are valid, and which are fallacies.

What is truth? Truth has a variety of meanings, such as the state of being in accord with a particular fact or reality, or being in accord with the body of real things, real events or actualities.[1] It can also mean having fidelity to an original or to a standard or ideal. In a common archaic usage, it also meant constancy or sincerity in action or character.

Whose truth is right? A logical truth (also called an analytic truth or a necessary truth) is a statement which is true in all possible worlds[42] or under all possible interpretations, as contrasted to a fact (also called a synthetic claim or a contingency) which is only true in this world as it has historically unfolded.

Are truth and logic material? They are proof-able intangibles and God is not!

Can you see it? I can show evidence of Truth and Logic. But you can't show evidence of your gods

To claim logic you must determine what determines logic or who? Now tell Me! -- Read up

Also prove how EVIL can exist without the DEVIL! Undecided Undecided C'mon Papy! -- I can decide to take a gun and shoot you which in the eyes of the law is EVIL and ILLEGAL without the devil's intervention. It just for me to plan and carry out the plan ,  and I dont have to blame the devil for my actions like Nigerians do
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 9:04am On Jul 25, 2011
angry angry grin grin grin grin

seriously guys,there's a section for this!!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 25, 2011
claremont:

1. God says "Thou shall not kill"--1 Chronicles 21 shows that God ordered 70,000 innocent people to be killed. Is that not genocide?!
2. God is the pioneer of sex slavery-- Exodus 21:1 shows that God actively promoted selling one's own daughter as a sex slave. Is that not immorality?!
Please this argument is getting so ridiculous, because my religious brethren seem to be like the Prophets of Baal who are so concerned with ranting, wailing, and crying to the high heavens, and by doing so they have completely lost the ability to reason simple issues logically.
What is logic?

What is truth?

Whose truth is right?

Are truth and logic material?

Can you see it?

To claim logic you must determine what determines logic or who? Now tell Me!

Why do atheists insist on quoting Biblical Scripture, when they don't believe a word of it? (That only allows for their arguments to be thrown out the window.) grin grin grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 25, 2011
tEsLim:

What is logic? Logic is the formal systematic study of the principles of valid inference and correct reasoning. Logic is used in most intellectual activities, but is studied primarily in the disciplines of philosophy, mathematics, semantics, and computer science. Logic examines general forms which arguments may take, which forms are valid, and which are fallacies.

What is truth? Truth has a variety of meanings, such as the state of being in accord with a particular fact or reality, or being in accord with the body of real things, real events or actualities.[1] It can also mean having fidelity to an original or to a standard or ideal. In a common archaic usage, it also meant constancy or sincerity in action or character.

Whose truth is right? A logical truth (also called an analytic truth or a necessary truth) is a statement which is true in all possible worlds[42] or under all possible interpretations, as contrasted to a fact (also called a synthetic claim or a contingency) which is only true in this world as it has historically unfolded.

Are truth and logic material? They are proof-able intangibles and God is not!

Can you see it? I can show evidence of Truth and Logic. But you can't show evidence of your gods

To claim logic you must determine what determines logic or who? Now tell Me! -- Read up

Also prove how EVIL can exist without the DEVIL! Undecided Undecided C'mon Papy! -- I can decide to take a gun and shoot you which in the eyes of the law is EVIL and ILLEGAL without the devil's intervention. It just for me to plan and carry out the plan ,  and I dont have to blame the devil for my actions like Nigerians do

How do you Determine Whose logic is Right?
And how do you prove LOGIC and TRUTH?
undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by tEsLim(m): 9:12am On Jul 25, 2011
sexkillz:

Where did you find out about Moses, Since you dont Believe a WORD the BIBLE SAYS? undecided
.And who says which society idea is right; there is no standard to base in a majority rule. Another point to bring it home is, why does every sane person have a conscience, even when it is not dictated by society?

1. Well according to the No 1 best selling fictional books of all time "The Holy Bible" There was a Moses that lived way long ago before Jesus. And who logically is not Christian. And insome ways I can proof he may not be worshiping the same God as Jesus. Or he's idea's where more old school in practice of worship with God. Because Jesus had to upgrade the worship patterns.

2. Then who tells you that the society idea of the old Israelite's or the Hebrews are right? This is 2011! How could you be living in the past and want progress? How could you believe in people that taught God was behind the cloud? I tell you buy an airline ticket for Moses and see how is views about God will change. People that taught the earth was plane? That taught wind blowing was the devil farting? That taught earthquakes was when God was angry? That taught God erased the whole earth with flood. But knowledge as come and we now know that flood happens occasionally but never throughout the earth! They where isolated. Imagine what it would be like in the olding days if the Tsunami happened to some set of people? People that almost taught there where the only ones in the world. The list is endless.

You dont have the disease and you expect the cure men!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2011
tEsLim:

1. Well according to the No 1 best selling fictional books of all time "The Holy Bible" There was a Moses that lived way long ago before Jesus. And who logically is not Christian. And insome ways I can proof he may not be worshiping the same God as Jesus. Or he's idea's where more old school in practice of worship with God. Because Jesus had to upgrade the worship patterns.

2. Then who tells you that the society idea of the old Israelite's or the Hebrews are right? This is 2011! How could you be living in the past and want progress? How could you believe in people that taught God was behind the cloud? I tell you buy an airline ticket for Moses and see how is views about God will change. People that taught the earth was plane? That taught wind blowing was the devil farting? That taught earthquakes was when God was angry? That taught God erased the whole earth with flood. But knowledge as come and we now know that flood happens occasionally but never throughout the earth! They where isolated. Imagine what it would be like in the olding days if the Tsunami happened to some set of people? People that almost taught there where the only ones in the world. The list is endless.

You dont have the disease and you expect the cure men!

HAHA! And why SHOULD YOU QUOTE AND USE THE BIBLE IN SUPPORT OF YOUR ARGUMENT SINCE YOU DONT BELIEVE A WORD OF IT? PREPOSTEROUS, RIGHT? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I Laugh at you cos you think you KNOW! CRAP

YOU ARE NOT WORTH ARGUING WITH! I"M OUT! cool
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 9:21am On Jul 25, 2011
undecided undecided grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 9:24am On Jul 25, 2011
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 9:25am On Jul 25, 2011
nice when we all end up laughing.
grin grin grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 9:26am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

nice when we all end up laughing.
grin grin grin
abi oh! No bi fight nah, at least we can all agree to disagree!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by God2man(m): 9:28am On Jul 25, 2011
I find it difficult to locate a particular scripure for God's approval of dating. However, Genesis 24:1-end, gave us a little description of how isaac met rebbecca, pls, find time to read it. The emphasis on not to married an unbeliver, then prayer must be involve before courtship. Moreover,  I believe that in a situation where, boyfriend or girlfriend is not allow, especially in a spiritual church, where the word of God is taught about fornication and adultery. The elders in the church must have sought the face of God on what to do, to avoid youthful lust. This is a an example of what they came up with. If a brother or sister pray to God for a future partner, and the Lord ministered to him or her, the brother or sister will proceed to the pastor or the marriage committe in their parish, to inform them, after that, they will wait if the sister has the same ministration from the Lord, the so called "Lord said"will be conveyed to the  sister, but they will not mention the name of the brother, the will be advised to pray on it, after sometime, if this is confirm from both of them, then the marriage committe will tell them to proceed on courtship, the christian courtship is a discipline one, no lustful desire, like what many people do not like, pre-marital sex ,kissing, petting, whatever, anything that can provoke sexual urge, that will lead to sex, must be  avoided, i know this is a hard saying, but i have passed through it 11years ago by God's Grace. In a Good church where the spirit of God is, the marriage committee will invite both of them and ask them question on certain critical issues, that will make the marriage a successfull one. They will try to find where they intend to live after marriage, what about the husband job? Are they doing anything to be able to sustain the family after marriage? There are other questions, but no space for that now, If it is okay. They will tell them to proceed for the wedding ceremony. In the christian family, you cannot just pregnate a damsel, take her to your house and you say you are husband and wife.No, if you mistakenly do that, you have stolen a wife, not married, it means the marriage has to be corrected in another wedding ceremony. God bless you. God2man.d on what to do, to avoid youthful lust. This is a an example of what they came up with. If a brother or sister pray to God for a future partner, and the Lord ministered to him or her, the brother or sister will proceed to the pastor or the marriage committe in their parish, to inform them, after that, they will wait if the sister has the same ministration from the Lord, the so called "Lord said"will be conveyed to the  sister, but they will not mention the name of the brother, the will be advised to pray on it, after sometime, if this is confirm from both of them, then the marriage committe will tell them to proceed on courtship, the christian courtship is a discipline one, no lustful desire, like what many people do not like, pre-marital sex ,kissing, petting, whatever, anything that can provoke sexual urge, that will lead to sex, must be  avoided, i know this is a hard saying, but i have passed through it 11years ago by God's Grace. In a Good church where the spirit of God is, the marriage committee will invite both of them and ask them question on certain critical issues, that will make the marriage a successfull one. They will try to find where they intend to live after marriage, what about the husband job? Are they doing anything to be able to sustain the family after marriage? There are other questions, but no space for that now, If it is okay. They will tell them to proceed for the wedding ceremony. In the christian family, you cannot just pregnate a damsel, take her to your house and you say you are husband and wife.No, if you mistakenly do that, you have stolen a wife, not married, it means the marriage has to be corrected in another wedding ceremony. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 9:32am On Jul 25, 2011
^^^ shocked
@claremont! why do u have purple wicked smileys?
grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 9:34am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

^^^ shocked
@claremont! why do u have purple wicked smileys?
grin
^^^^^^
You wan start fight again oh angry angry
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 9:38am On Jul 25, 2011
^^  angry angry angry grin grin grin

ceasefire ceasefire. smiley smiley
nah, I just noticed they are not the usual nl ones .
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2011
^^^
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 9:41am On Jul 25, 2011
^^^oh and they got red wicked tongue too. undecided grin
So does God approve Dating??
yes or no! no arguments no paragraphs.
angry angry angry grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2011
claremont:

abi oh! No bi fight nah, at least we can all agree to disagree!
No Papy! It is Disagree to Agree! grin grin grin
Pls let's talk romance! Pendo, i think you are in "LOVE" with clare! No bi fight o! grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 9:45am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

^^^oh and they got red wicked tongue too. undecided
So does God approve Dating??
yes or no! no arguments.
angry angry angry grin
^^^^^^
If indeed God exists, I can bet my life on the fact that there are more important things for him to do in today's world than concern himself with dating among human beings. If most of my religious brethren are honest, they will know this to be true.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 9:46am On Jul 25, 2011
grin @ in love with Clare!!
Is it possible to be in love with a person that doesn't believe in Love?? undecided
I think sexkill is more delusional now than claremont!!
undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

Is it possible to be in love with a person that doesn't believe in Love?? undecided
undecided
True! I do believe in LUST though, or would that not suffice grin cheesy
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 9:51am On Jul 25, 2011
oooooooooooooooh not again.Now lust and love!!! the diffrence and if they co exist!! I think it was sexkillz's thread!

Claremont you dont even believe in yourself! Let me ask you this; Do you love yourself claremont or are you in lust with yourself? undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

undecided

;D grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
No! He still retains TOP HONORS in that department! He is Actually the H.O.D!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

oooooooooooooooh not again.Now lust and love!!! the diffrence and if they co exist!! I think it was sexkillz's thread!

Claremont you dont even believe in yourself! Let me ask you this; Do you love yourself claremont or are you in lust with yourself? undecided
C'mon Mami! He's in LUST with himself! That's a no brainier Question, Really! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2011
sexkillz:

;D grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
No! He still retains TOP HONORS in that department! He is Actually the H.O.D!!! grin grin grin grin

I agree to be the H.O.D, but sexkillz is my very hardworking research assistant cheesy grin

pendo89:

oooooooooooooooh not again.Now lust and love!!! the diffrence and if they co exist!! I think it was sexkillz's  thread!
I think only insane people LUST after themselves, I reserve my LUST to the females only  cheesy.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by gentlegg(m): 10:03am On Jul 25, 2011
I don't think that 'Dating' itself is the main qualms with God BUT the sex always involved while dating. Over 90% of so called Dating i know always have sex involved and that is the qualms.

If there can ever be a Dating WITHOUT ANYTHING LIKE SEX let alone sex itself, i can call that Courting because am sure Courting is permitted by God.

God's major concern is NO PRE-MARITAL SEX for any reason Whatsoever, Whether Dating or Courting.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 10:15am On Jul 25, 2011
@ claremont!
You do not love yourself,neither do you lust after yourself! Do you have any feelings at all? Do you only hate or envy?
Are you not capable of expressing or experiencing love? Are you a rock?
What do u feel towards you? And don't say respect!
Everything you do for yourself( hygiene,work,sports whatever) you do because you love yourself,Don't you think so?
And if it is so, then you are capable of expressing the same. So you can love,be loved and you definately believe in love!!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2011
^^^^ Uh Oh! Tough one! Hey! He Lo lipsrsealed himself, he Lu lipsrsealed himself! I mean that is so funny grin grin grin! Pendo You are derailing! angry angry angry
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

@ claremont!
You do not love yourself,neither do you lust after yourself! Do you have any feelings at all? Do you only hate or envy?
Are you not capable of expressing or experiencing love? Are you a rock?
What do u feel towards you? And don't say respect!
Everything you do for yourself( hygiene,work,sports whatever) you do because you love yourself,Don't you think so?
And if it is so, then you are capable of expressing the same. So you can love,be loved and you definately believe in love!!
The question I have which believers of "love" have refused to answer is that, where is the evidence that an emotion called "love" exists? On the contrary, there is overwhelming proof that it does NOT exist, and any indulgence in it is a waste of time analogous to the time been wasted pursuing religious beliefs. So if "love" doesn't exist, why should I be a partaker of mass hysteria simply because I want to "belong"?
P.S: Make we no derail this thread oh, before the MODs ban me again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Church Structure & Sole Authority Pastors / I Want To Know About MFM / She Lost Her Husband & Her 5 Children In A Day And She Can't Give Birth Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.