Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,643 members, 7,958,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:04 AM

My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. (10788 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Is Your Genotype Compatible With The Person You're Considering Marrying? / Having One Last Fling Before Marrying Him - Why It's A Bad Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by adeshina4u: 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
Eyin guys, kilode? Why una wan spoil my guy runs? For all you can tell he may actually be in love with her and want to marry her. You guys should just cut the guy some slag and stop thinking the marriage is an avenue for the guy to get a green card.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by lisasmiles: 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
@ibelab - She is beautiful. She is not fat and ugly or have low self esteem. She is very intelligent. She just don't know what to believe now.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by lisasmiles: 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2011
@MPEROR - Yes I was born in America.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by CrazyChica: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
adeshina4u:

Eyin guys, kilode? Why una wan spoil my guy runs? For all you can tell he may actually be in love with her and want to marry her. You guys should just cut the guy some slag and stop thinking the marriage is an avenue for the guy to get a green card.
lmao. grin grin grin grin
truth is dt, as u said,it is just runs!nufin mur, love my fine behind!
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by lisasmiles: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
@andromida - That is just the thing she don't know. He convince her that it is not real and he is never want to go back to Nigeria.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by CrazyChica: 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
lisasmiles:

@ibelab - She is beautiful. She is not fat and ugly or have low self esteem. She is very intelligent. She just don't know what to believe now.

i find it hard to believe. He is a married man for jeez sake. Ur friend shld consider the fact dt he married the lady in naija when he was abt leaving nig, that shld tell her the level of commitment between them!
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by CrazyChica: 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
lisasmiles:

@andromida - That is just the thing she don't know. He convince her that it is not real and he is never want to go back to Nigeria.
of course dear, his family would come over. she shld be wise n not waste her resources n time or a dead horse!
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by ibelab(m): 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^ busybody , hw de fk u kn
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
@lisasmiles, I am only replying your post because you wrote that you and your friend are Born-Again Christians ( I am one also): I rarely reply to posts like this. In Nigeria it is said that if a dog wants to get lost and its owner calls it, it will hear the owner but will continue its vain journey. A fly that has no (technical) adviser follows a corpse to grave. My fellow Nigerians are telling you to dissuade your friend from marrying and even going into a relationship with the guy and you seem not to agree with them. Eeeeeeehhhhhh!!!!!!! Hear Nigerians telling you the truth: do not say by tomorrow that Nigerian are 419ners or fraudulentoooo. Hear us ooooooo.

My sister the guy is married QED and is looking for whom to destroy. DO you know what it means to post such picture on facebook or bookface? I don't think that a man would post or even allow a picture he snapped with a woman he has nothing with to be posted for the whole world to see? THINK!!!!!
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by CrazyChica: 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
jusRadical:

@lisasmiles, I am only replying your post because you wrote that you and your friend are Born-Again Christians ( I am one also): I rarely reply to posts like this. In Nigeria it is said that if a dog wants to get lost and its owner calls it, it will hear the owner but will continue its vain journey. A fly that has no (technical) adviser follows a corpse to grave. My fellow Nigerians are telling you to dissuade your friend from marrying and even going into a relationship with the guy and you seem not to agree with them. Eeeeeeehhhhhh!!!!!!! Hear Nigerians telling you the truth: do not say by tomorrow that Nigerian are 419ners or fraudulentoooo. Hear us ooooooo.

My sister the guy is married QED and is looking for whom to destroy. DO you know what it means to post such picture on facebook or bookface? I don't think that a man would post or even allow a picture he snapped with a woman he has nothing with to be posted for the whole world to see? THINK!!!!!
well said
ibelab:

^^ busybody , hw de fk u kn
guess u one of dose that defraud pple, eh ya, btw, u know dere are online schools. wldnt be a bad idea for u to take some classes to improve ur grammar
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by ibelab(m): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^tut mir leid arschloch cheesy cheesy ,  u see i,m already improving my grammer grin grin,
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2011
lisasmiles:

She should believe the truth that we are telling her this morning before it will be night when no man worketh. Let her FFFFFLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

lisasmiles:

This is pure deceit and lie. What does he have at America that has the capacity to make him not to want to come to Nigeria? Is he saying that he will never see his parents, brothers, son, wife (in Nigeria), sisters, cousins, nephews, nieces, grandfathers, grandmothers, uncles, aunties, etc.

My sister listen if he has enough money to pay his fare back to Nigeria and say some dollars to show off with, he would be in Nigeria within the next 2 - 3 years
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2011
---===
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by CrazyChica: 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
ibelab:

^^tut mir leid arschloch cheesy cheesy ,  u see i,m already improving my[b] grammer[/b] grin grin
Es tut mir leid zu Blödmann, dachte ich Leute wie u waren ausgestorben shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry. Ich denke, Scheiße noch passiert!
dang, no hope for u dear! next case!

grin grin grin
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by lisasmiles: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2011
@2jusRadical- I do believe what people are saying I am just trying to get enough information so when I show her she would believe it. He did not post pictures her brother did.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by tlops(m): 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2011
OP Lisa, put your picture,

it will help us understand your plight better. where are you writing from. Ghana?
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by executinal(m): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
lisasmiles:

I have a friend who has been dating a guy from Nigeria for over 9 months and she has falling in love with him and considering marrying him. He claims that he loves her as well. I see them together and they seem as if they are truly in love. My problem is with their relationship she found out the got married last year to a woman in Nigeria and they have a child together. She asked him about it and he claims that he had to marry her, because her father was the minister in the village and the father wanted to save face, because of his status in the village. She also told me that he said the marriage was not legal; it was just something that they did because she was pregnant at the time. Her guy said that the child lives with his mom and he claims that the only thing that he misses about Nigeria is his child. He claims that the mom is no longer in the child’s life, but I personally saw the mom and child pictured together on face book. I tried talking to my friend, but she is convinced that he is telling her the truth. She said that she talked with his mom and brother and they know that they are dating with the intent to get married and neither of them mention anything about the marriage. My question is could this be true as far as the marriage not being legal or is there a Nigerian law that marriages have to be legal? Is there a possibility that his family is in on hiding his secret marriage? She said that he is in America on a student visa and she does not want him to leave, so she is willing to marry him. Please Help Me Help Her,
Are you a Nigeria? if not please don add sand to the guy garry joor. If you fail to hear this warning what happen to your friend may aswell occur to you. Please mind your business and leave with their problem angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by donugapi(m): 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
I smell GREEN CARD written all over this
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by creamofluv: 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
@lisasmiles, Honestly speaking I would say deep down your not happy that your friend wanna get married to this Nigerian Guy, You would say that;s not the case but I can tell you deep down you not happy, for you to go all that way to the lawyer that says it all.

I bet your poisoning your mates mind into not going down with the guy, You know what will happen to your friend when he end up with this guy? and this guy learnt that you've been saying bad stuff about him wanting your friend for paper, even though that might not be his intention in the first place, then he might change his intention knowing hes been painted black anyway when that wasn't what his intention was.

I would say BUTT out, ya think your doing good by going here and there, and going to the point where "oh i will get the lawyer and immigration on his Bottom" your truly a real christian aint ya? Do you ever gave the guy the benefit of the doubt that he might be honest about what he's saying.

Why change a honest man to change his mind knowing well hes been painted black anyway i will do my worse. Leave your friend alone let her make her choices shes grown up to make her damn decision without you been her mother.

Get lost and leave them be.

And to other nigerians here, I pity you all, ya think once a nigerian with a white woman means they seeking a visa, am not saying it dont happen, but not everything is as black and white.

Dont paint your people black, have you seen cases where the white girl is the one initiating to get married to a black nigerian guy?

Nigerians Eh? we dont love each other

Peace out
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by emmatok(m): 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
I wonder why some peeps always make GREEN CARD an issue .

Like if he Marries her he is going to defraud her for her American Citizenship.

For Gods sake the guy is in the US too, you don't know if he has his papers.

So why make it an issue.

Since the the lady already knows the he has a Nigerian wife then no, problem !!!
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by BABE3: 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
Her father is a Minister in the village?! grin Ok.

The Marriage wasn't legal?! grin Ok.

Your friend, you, the husband, the Nigerian wife, (all of you all together) are on a long thing!!!!!

Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by lisasmiles: 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
@tlops - America
[@donugapi - What does this mean? -Are you a Nigeria? if not please don add sand to the guy garry joor. If you fail to hear this warning what happen to your friend may aswell occur to you. Please mind your business and leave with their problem.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by stunna2(m): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2011
@ op

from a nigerian point of view, you are a white person as long as you are an american, so my analysis remains valid! you have gone beyond what is required of a friend in your dealings with these two: and from my experience, american black women loved bad boys and love to fight for what is not available, so your girl knowing this man is married or maybe married and you playing baby sitter are in and of themselves enough reasons why your girl can never be dissuaded from marrying this man!

you think very lil of your friend and her capacity to care for herself and treats her like a baby by heading to your lawyer's office on her behalf even b4 there is a wedding - typical african america educated woman out of control and the bane of the black man in america! there is a limitation to how far you can go to help your friend who is not in trouble yet or even those who already are,

imagine if you where the president of nigeria and what you would do with all the powers - be a dictator??

it's okay to look out for your friend but it's not okay to look after your friend as if they had metal retardation! marriages end in america on daily bases and making yourself into an investigator and preparing for the eventual demise of your friend's relationship is pointless now that you said that she is already in love with him, so it dont matter if it ends today or 3years from now, her heart is gonna be broken either way!

a lot of what u saying dont add up at all, k! either you are as i've described you above or just another blackmen loving white woman who is trying too hard!
i need not remind you that white girls regularly become enemies with their best friend over a man they love and that the friend is against!

im surprised your friend has not said something nasty to you yet about this whole charade! oh yeah, they dont have sex because she is born again - in america where 16 year old girls who do chastity or abstinence vow to the whole nation ends of pregnant often a few months down the road??

puuullleezzzee

A BLACK LADY CAME ON TV THE OTHER DAY HERE IN AMERICA TO SAY TO HER BEST FRIEND I TOLD YOU THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND IS NO GOOD AND HE IS A CHEATER!! AND HER GIRLS IS LIKE SO?? AND THIS USELESS BEST FRIEND SAID NOW I HAVE PROOF!! AND WHEN ASKED WHAT HER PROOF WAS? HER ANSWER: I SLEPT WITH YOUR NO GOOD CHEATING BOYFRIEND, SO YOU SEE, YOU SHOULD LEAVE HIM!!!!

this is where you are heading: your wicked actions will break them up and then you can say, well i told you he will leave you, !! please get of your high horse!!  

REASON IN POINT OF FACT IS NOTHING BUT A COLLECTION OF YOUR OWN BIASED MYOPIC VIEWS! {Joseph Campbell}

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by shelylilly(f): 11:26pm On Jul 26, 2011
In this world before anyone can make any success, we have to make a risk, marriage itself
is a risk, whether you are with white man or black man, in this situation pls try to be yourself and make
your own decision, dont let people decide for youe friend, most people have bitter experience so far
and they can use that to disrupt someones relationship, yes they might marry or have kids, but if the guy formally divorced the lady, your friend can still go ahead to marry this guy, ask the guy, let him tell you the truth behind all situation, and if he can open up, theres no need not to carry on with their relationship,
even your friend will be able to confirm a lot of things if shes ready to travel to Nigeria with him, and then
your friend will be able to know if she can still go ahead marrying him,
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
jay bee:

^^^^
Traditional weddings aren't legally binded so technically he isn't married

That's bullshit. Basically you are saying all the children who are born of traditional married parents are BORN out of wedlock therefore are bastardized children. That's some bullshit.

Basically saying traditionally married people are fornicators since they aren't legally married. That's bullshit again.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 11:55pm On Jul 26, 2011
debosky:

If you didn't conduct the ceremony, I'll go by the man's words that he's not legally married. grin

Posting in capitals doesn't really change the fact that you're blowing smoke from your behind and nothing more. cheesy

Do you know how many people claim to be 'married' but have never actually formalised it? Do you know how many women have fallen for that trick? Again, his words were that the marriage is not legal - that is the key. Unless that can be disproved, that holds more cred than Mama Chima's rantings. grin

Unless you were the first woman your bf/partner slept with, you're also technically sloppy seconds, if not sloppy 20th for that matter.  #justsaying grin  grin

The veracity of the marriage claim must be established - anything else is hearsay. He won't be the first to impregnate a woman and be coerced into 'taking responsibility'. That doesn't mean he's shady - he's just made bad decisions in the past.

You still ain't said shit. The guy is MARRIED and she is SLOPPY SECOND.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Blakjewelry(m): 12:18am On Jul 27, 2011
The simple truth is, the guy is just using your friend to get green card. I am a nigerian no denying that and i hate it when a stupid nigerian will spent so much to get out of the country just to disgrace us the more, there piple back home who started wit less than what these ediots used in traveling that are doing well .
I know Some will blame the situation of the country, bt let me ask them what of those other africa country whose situations are far worst than ours they do go outside and make a fool of themselve?
The truth is not because we really poor bt because every body wants to be on top. So, my advice is tell her to careful infact tell her that guy is a bloody liar. Quote me any day anytime that guy is just a hustler wit wife back home and he is using her to get green card. Periodcareful infact tell her that guy is a bloody liar. Quote me any day anytime that guy is just a hustler wit wife back home and he is using her to get green card. Period
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by smootheb(f): 12:41am On Jul 27, 2011
Blakjewelry:

The simple truth is, the guy is just using your friend to get green card. I am a nigerian no denying that and i hate it when a silly nigerian will spent so much to get out of the country just to disgrace us the more, there piple back home who started wit less than what these ediots used in traveling that are doing well .
I know Some will blame the situation of the country, bt let me ask them what of those other africa country whose situations are far worst than ours they do go outside and make a fool of themselve?
The truth is not because we really poor bt because every body wants to be on top. So, my advice is tell her to careful infact tell her that guy is a bloody liar. Quote me any day anytime that guy is just a hustler wit wife back home and he is using her to get green card. Periodcareful infact tell her that guy is a bloody liar. Quote me any day anytime that guy is just a hustler wit wife back home and he is using her to get green card. Period

I have a question - how does getting permanent residency/green card through marriage work? After you marry someone how long does it take for them to get a green card? If you marry someone and later find out that they are already married to someone else in his homeland is that grounds for an anullment? How can you check a registry or public record to find out if someone is legally married?
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Mynd44: 3:40am On Jul 27, 2011
^^^
You have to be married for atleast two years after which you are free but the government can/will monitor the marriage if they suspect foul play.
Your green card can also be revoked just like citizenship but the government don't bother doing that cos that takes a long process
Damn girl read your own laws this is getting boring
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by claremont(m): 3:44am On Jul 27, 2011
$tunna:

@ op

from a nigerian point of view, you are a white person as long as you are an american, so my analysis remains valid! you have gone beyond what is required of a friend in your dealings with these two: and from my experience, american black women loved bad boys and love to fight for what is not available, so your girl knowing this man is married or maybe married and you playing baby sitter are in and of themselves enough reasons why your girl can never be dissuaded from marrying this man!

you think very lil of your friend and her capacity to care for herself and treats her like a baby by heading to your lawyer's office on her behalf even b4 there is a wedding - typical african america educated woman out of control and the bane of the black man in america! there is a limitation to how far you can go to help your friend who is not in trouble yet or even those who already are,

imagine if you where the president of nigeria and what you would do with all the powers - be a dictator??

it's okay to look out for your friend but it's not okay to look after your friend as if they had metal retardation! marriages end in america on daily bases and making yourself into an investigator and preparing for the eventual demise of your friend's relationship is pointless now that you said that she is already in love with him, so it dont matter if it ends today or 3years from now, her heart is gonna be broken either way!

a lot of what u saying dont add up at all, k! either you are as i've described you above or just another blackmen loving white woman who is trying too hard!
i need not remind you that white girls regularly become enemies with their best friend over a man they love and that the friend is against!

im surprised your friend has not said something nasty to you yet about this whole charade! oh yeah, they dont Be Intimate because she is born again - in america where 16 year old girls who do chastity or abstinence vow to the whole nation ends of pregnant often a few months down the road??

puuullleezzzee

A BLACK LADY CAME ON TV THE OTHER DAY HERE IN AMERICA TO SAY TO HER BEST FRIEND I TOLD YOU THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND IS NO GOOD AND HE IS A CHEATER!! AND HER GIRLS IS LIKE SO?? AND THIS USELESS BEST FRIEND SAID NOW I HAVE PROOF!! AND WHEN ASKED WHAT HER PROOF WAS? HER ANSWER: I SLEPT WITH YOUR NO GOOD CHEATING BOYFRIEND, SO YOU SEE, YOU SHOULD LEAVE HIM!!!!

this is where you are heading: your wicked actions will break them up and then you can say, well i told you he will leave you, !! please get of your high horse!!  

REASON IN POINT OF FACT IS NOTHING BUT A COLLECTION OF YOUR OWN BIASED MYOPIC VIEWS! {Joseph Campbell}

^^^^
Well said my friend! The average American marriage lasts only between 5-10 years anyway, anything above that is a bonus. The OP is just plain wicked!
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by lisasmiles: 4:22am On Jul 27, 2011
@claremont - I am wicked because I care about my friend and her well being, pleeeeeease. I do not mess around with friends man or anyone that they might like. Loke I told $tunna I am not white and do not consider my self white. I just got my girl back. When or if she fall I will be there to catch her and if it is because of her man, yes I will bare all of his mess. Now if they do get married and the just break up over everyday things hey he is all good.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by claremont(m): 4:26am On Jul 27, 2011
lisasmiles:

@claremont - I am wicked because I care about my friend and her well being, pleeeeeease. I do not mess around with friends man or anyone that they might like. Loke I told $tunna I am not white and do not consider my self white. I just got my girl back. When or if she fall I will be there to catch her and if it is because of her man, yes I will bare all of his mess. Now if they do get married and the just break up over everyday things hey he is all good.
I can't believe that in this 21st century, human beings still think this way. Absolutely shocking!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Genesis Fast Food I Went To Had Their Sales Girls Dressing Half Naked (pictures) / How Drinking 8 - 10 Glasses Of Water A Day Will Change Your Life (photos) / Ladies, What Would You Say If His Dick Doesn't Rise During Sex?[PICTURES]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.