Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? (2824 Views)

2019 Prophecies: Paul Enenche Reveals What God Told Him Will Happen In Nigeria / VISION: After Rapture, Hospitals Will Not Treat Anyone Without Mark Of The Beast / The Great Tribulations After Rapture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by immaculatesense(m): 10:27am On Jul 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Please where is the word "RAPTURE" written in the Bible? undecided
Dear MaxinDHouse
I don't like tackling u but u always make urself complicated...why? Instead of u to contribute...I will still contribute but I just want to read wat people av to say first.
To answer ur question u need to first answer mine...if u can den u will answer yours. Deal

The Question:
Where is the word "BIBLE" written in your scriptures?
Thank u
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by immaculatesense(m): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2022
The Devil kept decieving Christians...even the elect. Those who are not careful kept looking for signs. I kept hearing Antichrist reign...is there anything like that? NO...the word Antichrist is a spirit or a word used for people who rather dan accept Christ...they decide to reject him violently. It was on saint John who use the word "Antichrist" and he was specific on the use...let's Read
1 John 2:18,22
[18]Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.
[22]And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist.
1 John 4:3
[3]But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is ALREADY HERE.
2 John 1:7
[7]I say this because many deceivers have gone out into the world. They deny that Jesus Christ came in a real body. Such a person is a deceiver and an antichrist.

This are the above verses that talked about the Antichrist. And from the above we can see that the Antichrist which is a spirit is already in the world staring people us against the Faith.
That being said.
The question is What will happen after the Rapture(ressurrection of both the dead and the living)?.
I wonder how we Christians neglect the word of God and start listening to people's view and supposed knowledge.
According to the whole Revelation 20.
When the trumpet sounds...we av those who are dead and den those who are alive. Those who are dead as believers will be raised,those who died as unbelievers will not. Those who are alive as believers will join them(Christ and his saints) in the air.Those who are alive but are not believers will see all this tinz happen in a jiffy before they cease to live.Meaning at rapture every living being will cease to exist.
Only those who are ressurrected will descend with Christ to earth and reigned peacefully for a thousand years. Read
Revelation 20:4-6
[4]Then I saw thrones, and the people sitting on them had been given the authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony about Jesus and for proclaiming the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his statue, nor accepted his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They all came to life again, and they reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
[5]This is the first resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.)
[6]Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. For them the second death holds no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him a thousand years.

Then after the thousand years. Two things will happen. One,the Satan will be released to earth. Two,the other deads(unbelievers who are already doomed) will be raised also to be led by the Satan himself. Read
Revelation 20:5,7-8
[5]This is the first resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.)
[7]When the thousand years come to an end, Satan will be let out of his prison.
[8]He will go out to deceive the nations—called Gog and Magog—in every corner of the earth. He will gather them together for battle—a mighty army, as numberless as sand along the seashore.

They will be in a part of the earth while the saints with Christ will be in another part of the earth. After the Satan had gather up his armies and setting up his camp,he will launch and attack against the people of God who are living peacably without worry. The funniest thing is that they(the saints) won't even know that they are surrounded,so,they won't be troubled and their peace will not be truncated. There won't be any war at all because as the Satan is planning his attack,a fire will come from heaven and kill all his armies. He will be left alone to be arrested and cast into the lake of fire.
Read Revelation 20:9-10
[9]And I saw them as they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded God’s people and the beloved city. But fire from heaven came down on the attacking armies and consumed them.
[10]Then the devil, who had deceived them, was thrown into the fiery lake of burning sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

This will lead to the last Judgement or the white throne judgement.

Here is the advice. Don't wait for signs...signs decieve. Jesus as told us it will happen when it was least expected...be alert,be vigilant. There is no biblical proof that the will be second chance of 7 years. The rapture marks the end of repentance. CHRIST MAY COME NOW AND HE MAY NOT COME EVEN IN THE NEXT 10,000 YEARS. JUST BE PREPARED WHETHER NOW OR NOT.
THE DAY CANNOT BE CALCULATED.THOSE WHO HAVE TRIED HAVE FAILED WOEFULLY.

LOVE YOU ALL
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by Steep(m): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2022
The antichrist is not Barack Obama. In fact the bible tells us where the antichrist will come from.
Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
@ bolded who were the people that destroyed the temple this prophecy? They were romans.

Who is the coming prince? The antichrist.
The people of the antichrist are the romans meaning the antichrist is coming from Rome which is actually Europe.
If you understand this then you will understand why the world powers want Europe to be united.
The unity of Europe is why there is Ukraine war. It is to unite all European countries which is currently working.
Russia is just playing a script while America is providing the platform to create that unity that platform is NATO.
The pope (Roman catholic church) is actually the custodian of the Roman power.

It has already being planned the antichrist is the one to foster a world unity and peace on earth.
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by immaculatesense(m): 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2022
Steep:
The antichrist is not Barack Obama. In fact the bible tells us where the antichrist will come from.
Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
@ bolded who were the people that destroyed the temple this prophecy? They were romans.

Who is the coming prince? The antichrist.
The people of the antichrist are the romans meaning the antichrist is coming from Rome which is actually Europe.
If you understand this then you will understand why the world powers want Europe to be united.
The unity of Europe is why there is Ukraine war. It is to unite all European countries which is currently working.
Russia is just playing a script while America is providing the platform to create that unity that platform is NATO.
The pope (Roman catholic church) is actually the custodian of the Roman power.

It has already being planned the antichrist is the one to foster a world unity and peace on earth.
Lol...wrong interpretation...there is no physical appearance of Antichrist...it is a spirit dat dwells in those who violently disaggree with the gosple and deity of christ
[18]Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.
[22]And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist.

Secondly,u misinterpreted Daniel 9:26
[26]“After this period of sixty-two sets of seven, the Anointed One will be killed, appearing to have accomplished nothing, and a ruler will arise whose armies will destroy the city and the Temple. The end will come with a flood, and war and its miseries are decreed from that time to the very end.

Let me ask u...are there two Anointed One(or Messiah)?...Jesus is the only Messiah and he has been Killed as a fulfilment of this passage or will Jesus die the second time again?...

You talked about the destruction of the Temple. It has also been fulfilled in 70AD under general Titus wen the temple was destroyed. So,wat Temple again because even till now...no temple in Jerusalem...the location of the temple is where the great Mosque of the Muslims is currently built...so,will a temple dat does not exist be destroyed.

Please don't let anyone brainwash u with all this signs...all prediction has failed...since 1875...just be alert...Jesus can come today...and he may come after 10000 years from now...new tinz will keep coming and going but it will change notin...Christ will come the date that is already known by the Father alone.

Matthew 24:36-37,42,44
[36]“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.
[37]“When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day.
[42]“So you, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming.
[44]You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.

God bless you
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear MaxinDHouse
I don't like tackling u but u always make urself complicated...why? Instead of u to contribute...I will still contribute but I just want to read wat people av to say first.
To answer ur question u need to first answer mine...if u can den u will answer yours. Deal

The Question:
Where is the word "BIBLE" written in your scriptures?
Thank u

Who asked you to believe in the name given to a book of books?
Come on that's just the name given to the book it has nothing to do with what the book contains so if you don't know just let those that knows address my question.

If the word "RAPTURE" is nowhere to be found in the Bible then it's irrelevant, period! smiley

1 Like

Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by immaculatesense(m): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Who asked you to believe in the name given to a book of books?
Come on that's just the name given to the book it has nothing to do with what the book contains so if you don't know just let those that knows address my question.

If the word "RAPTURE" is nowhere to be found in the Bible then it's irrelevant, period! smiley
Lol...it can work with Bible.. but not with Rapture right?...I get u...and dats funny.
In case u don't know... Rapture means Ressurrection of both the living and the dead.. just as Bible means compilation of books.
So stop beating about the bush on just synonyms.

Or does rapture has another hidden meaning to u that u don't like or subscribed to?
Ask...u know I will clarify tinz for u
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:07am On Jul 05, 2022
immaculatesense:

Lol...it can work with Bible.. but not with Rapture right?...I get u...and dats funny.
In case u don't know... Rapture means Ressurrection of both the living and the dead.. just as Bible means compilation of books.
So stop beating about the bush on just synonyms.

Or does rapture has another hidden meaning to u that u don't like or subscribed to?
Ask...u know I will clarify tinz for u

The word Bible is not compulsory that's why the JWs never wrote "BIBLE" on their version of the scriptures. But when it comes to what the scriptures contains it shouldn't be what we can't find word for word in it.
For your information the word RAPTURE means different things and as for resurrection it's clearly pronounced in the scriptures as RESURRECTION not RAPTURE. It simply means "standing up" because it only applies to the dead and not the living! smiley
So if you have some dogmatic teachings i'm not opposed to it after all that's what most religions do but insisting that it has to do with the word of God is totally unacceptable.
Resurrection is not RAPTURE please get that straight! smiley

1 Like

Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by OkCornel(m): 7:42am On Jul 05, 2022
judedwriter:

The only biblical proof is the number of his name 666

Barack hussein obama

Barack/hussein/obama

6. 6 6

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
— Revelation 13:18

Joke of the decade.
I’ll add this to the list of other predicted “antichrists”.
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by LordReed(m): 7:42am On Jul 05, 2022
judedwriter:

Barack hussein obama

Barack/hussein/obama

6. 6 6

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

LoLz. Somebody needs to return to nursery to learn how to count. For Sirius sake Hussein is 7 letters and Obama is 5 letters. Your attempt to force this narrative is such a kindergarten attempt.

1 Like

Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by OkCornel(m): 7:49am On Jul 05, 2022
immaculatesense:

Lol...wrong interpretation...there is no physical appearance of Antichrist...it is a spirit dat dwells in those who violently disaggree with the gosple and deity of christ

Secondly,u misinterpreted Daniel 9:26
[26]“After this period of sixty-two sets of seven, the Anointed One will be killed, appearing to have accomplished nothing, and a ruler will arise whose armies will destroy the city and the Temple. The end will come with a flood, and war and its miseries are decreed from that time to the very end.

Let me ask u...are there two Anointed One(or Messiah)?...Jesus is the only Messiah and he has been Killed as a fulfilment of this passage or will Jesus die the second time again?...

You talked about the destruction of the Temple. It has also been fulfilled in 70AD under general Titus wen the temple was destroyed. So,wat Temple again because even till now...no temple in Jerusalem...the location of the temple is where the great Mosque of the Muslims is currently built...so,will a temple dat does not exist be destroyed.

Please don't let anyone brainwash u with all this signs...all prediction has failed...since 1875...just be alert...Jesus can come today...and he may come after 10000 years from now...new tinz will keep coming and going but it will change notin...Christ will come the date that is already known by the Father alone.

Matthew 24:36-37,42,44
[36]“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.
[37]“When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day.
[42]“So you, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming.
[44]You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.

God bless you

The Temple will be rebuilt.

Remember John witnessed foresaw the apocalypse in 95AD thereabouts (over 20 years after the Temple was destroyed) on the island of Patmos which led him to write the book of Revelation.

In Revelation 11 v 1-2, he saw the Temple.

Follow the events in Israel closely, almost everything is in place for the temple to be rebuilt and daily sacrifices restored.

Cross check Revelation 11 v 1-2 with 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4.
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by LordReed(m): 7:54am On Jul 05, 2022
immaculatesense:

LoLz! It's so funny how you guys make this thing into a comedy show. It is written in the Bible “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! Yet you say it could be in 10000 years, how tf is 10k years coming quickly? How is even 2000 years coming quickly?

I am wondering when it will be the time to recognise that it is bullshit.
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:06am On Jul 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Joke of the decade.

The number 666 means POLITICS & RELIGION merged together with motive of infusing the love of nationalism in the hearts of millions.

There has been seven world powers in the past:
©EGYPT

©ASSYRIA (SOUTHERN IRAN)

©BABYLON (IRAQ)

©MEDO-PERSIA (ORIENTS/ NORTHERN IRAN)

©GREECE

©ROME

©ENGLISH-AMERICAN

The first man ever in the history of mankind to merge politics with religion is known as Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, he introduced the National Anthem with the motive of making his subjects feel that whoever is loyal to the sovereignty of Babylon should publicly declared by worshiping the image he built.

Now this man is SIX feet tall, the image he built is SIXTY feet tall and he has a cabinet (ministers, senators and representatives) all numbering SIX HUNDRED.

After him other nations dominating the earth followed his footstep initiating the National Anthem even including the pledge!

Today politicians are using false religions to promote their career and carrying millions along in their selfish motives all in the name of Nationalism.

This has resulted in the attacks on God's servants including Jesus' disciples sent to preach and teach people throughout the world about God's own government (God's Kingdom) many of them has been killed by those having to do with 666 the spiritual identify of all politicians! Revelations 17:6 smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by immaculatesense(m): 8:33am On Jul 05, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! It's so funny how you guys make this thing into a comedy show. It is written in the Bible “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! Yet you say it could be in 10000 years, how tf is 10k years coming quickly? How is even 2000 years coming quickly?

I am wondering when it will be the time to recognise that it is bullshit.
Dear LordReed
I respect ur thoughts so much...2000 years has passed since Christ said he is coming. As at the time...he gave us just a sign to look out for which is:
Matthew 24:14
[14]And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.

LordReed, statistics can prove it that as at the time of the apostles,even 1% of the world population has not even heard the gospel message. And u can believe with me that there is no accurate statistics as of today even with the Advent of social media and technology that the message has reached the ears of all that is presently alive. How far we have bn able to get the message accross may be 70%,80% or more or less. But the coming was hinged on a last check...every living at the time must av had for a witness.
So, LordReed like I said,I respect ur opinion and whether or not u chose to believe or otherwise,it is a choice...but u can agree with me that with the above...God was never lying or postponing...it is left to us as Christians to carry out the mandate of the Lord,once it is fulfilled,then the end will come...but the big question is;" when"?
If it can take Noah and his children over a hundred year to preach to a population that is less than a 100,000...how long do u think God is ready to wait patiently for the message to reach an 8 billion population?
Like I said in the post u quoted...it may be now,it may be after 10000 years...but sometin is Sure and Amen...HE WILL COME SOMEDAY AND ALL EYES WILL SEE HIM.
2 Peter 3:8-10
[8]But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.
[9]The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.
[10]But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment.

I Love you brother.
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by Jokerman(m): 8:37am On Jul 05, 2022
judedwriter:

Yeah love him... He's a lovable person that many will admire and adore when he is the world ruler after the rapture.

Nothing like after rapture, he will be lovable.

After rapture, comes God's wrath
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by OkCornel(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The number 666 means POLITICS & RELIGION merged together with motive of infusing the love of nationalism in the hearts of millions.

There has been seven world powers in the past:
©EGYPT

©ASSYRIA (SOUTHERN IRAN)

©BABYLON (IRAQ)

©MEDO-PERSIA (ORIENTS/ NORTHERN IRAN)

©GREECE

©ROME

©ENGLISH-AMERICAN

The first man ever in the history of mankind to merge politics with religion is known as Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, he introduced the National Anthem with the motive of making his subjects feel that whoever is loyal to the sovereignty of Babylon should publicly declared by worshiping the image he built.

Now this man is SIX feet tall, the image he built is SIXTY feet tall and he has a cabinet (ministers, senators and representatives) all numbering SIX HUNDRED.

After him other nations dominating the earth followed his footstep initiating the National Anthem even including the pledge!

Today politicians are using false religions to promote their career and carrying millions along in their selfish motives all in the name of Nationalism.

This has resulted in the attacks on God's servants including Jesus' disciples sent to preach and teach people throughout the world about God's own government (God's Kingdom) many of them has been killed by those having to do with 666 the spiritual identify of all politicians! Revelations 17:6 smiley

On point.

Not a coincidence the prophet Daniel saw the world powers from Babylon to the last Kingdom as BEASTS too. The BEASTS from Babylon to the Roman Empire played key roles in persecuting God’s holy people.

The dreadful BEAST to come will wreak so much havoc such that the persecution of its predecessors will pale in comparison.
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by Jokerman(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2022
OkCornel:

Joke of the decade.

Lol... Nairaland pastor is also of the same school of thought grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by OkCornel(m): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2022
Jokerman:

Lol... Nairaland pastor is also of the same school of thought grin

We’ll be here to have a good laugh at these false prophets.
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by LordReed(m): 8:56am On Jul 05, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear LordReed
I respect ur thoughts so much...2000 years has passed since Christ said he is coming. As at the time...he gave us just a sign to look out for which is:
Matthew 24:14
[14]And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.

LordReed, statistics can prove it that as at the time of the apostles,even 1% of the world population has not even heard the gospel message. And u can believe with me that there is no accurate statistics as of today even with the Advent of social media and technology that the message has reached the ears of all that is presently alive. How far we have bn able to get the message accross may be 70%,80% or more or less. But the coming was hinged on a last check...every living at the time must av had for a witness.
So, LordReed like I said,I respect ur opinion and whether or not u chose to believe or otherwise,it is a choice...but u can agree with me that with the above...God was never lying or postponing...it is left to us as Christians to carry out the mandate of the Lord,once it is fulfilled,then the end will come...but the big question is;" when"?
If it can take Noah and his children over a hundred year to preach to a population that is less than a 100,000...how long do u think God is ready to wait patiently for the message to reach an 8 billion population?
Like I said in the post u quoted...it may be now,it may be after 10000 years...but sometin is Sure and Amen...HE WILL COME SOMEDAY AND ALL EYES WILL SEE HIM.
2 Peter 3:8-10
[8]But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.
[9]The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.
[10]But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment.

I Love you brother.

You are comparing their knowledge of the world then with our knowledge of the world now, that is a bad idea because they did not think the world is as big as we now know it to be. It is evident in the way they wrote. They said the Roman Emperor commanded "all the world" to be registered in a census. Obvious if you were living in those times the Roman Empire might have seemed like "all the world" but it most definitely was not, it wasn't even up to a quarter of the world. Plus the world population then was a mere fraction of what it is now so it was quite conceivable for "all the world" to hear of the gospel. My point is they were working from the limits of their knowledge and you here now with better information are limiting yourself to their ignorance and it is very comedic. It would be like a modern man going to look for stones to make a tire.

Secondly, you guys make the bible sound like bipolar nonsense when you reinterpret places that do not fit your narrative just so it can. Are you going to deny that it was written “Surely I am coming quickly.”? No you are not but instead of coming to terms with what that means now that that cannot be fulfilled, you reinterpret it to fit whatever narrative you like. As if words no longer have the meaning we generally use them for and you can just willy nilly ascribe any meaning to a word. That makes the Bible look like a bipolar clown show.
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by immaculatesense(m): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2022
OkCornel:

The Temple will be rebuilt.

Remember John witnessed foresaw the apocalypse in 95AD thereabouts (over 20 years after the Temple was destroyed) on the island of Patmos which led him to write the book of Revelation.

In Revelation 11 v 1-2, he saw the Temple.

Follow the events in Israel closely, almost everything is in place for the temple to be rebuilt and daily sacrifices restored.

Cross check Revelation 11 v 1-2 with 2 Thessalonians 2 v 1-4.
Dear OkCornel
Sir,there is a misconception in ur analysis...Daniel talked of 70 weeks and a week is seven days. Sir,each day represent a years. Let's do the Maths and let me tell u how it was fulfilled.
70×7=490
So from the above the prophecy was for 490 years.
Now another question is "is the 490 years from the day Daniel saw the prophecy?
Answer NO. Then from when? Let's read the passage again den understand;
Daniel 9:24-26
[24]“A period of seventy sets of seven has been decreed for your people and your holy city to finish their rebellion, to put an end to their sin, to atone for their guilt, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to confirm the prophetic vision, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.
[25]Now listen and understand! Seven sets of seven plus sixty-two sets of seven will pass from the time the command is given to rebuild Jerusalem until a ruler—the Anointed One—comes. Jerusalem will be rebuilt with streets and strong defenses, despite the perilous times.

1) according to verse 24; the people(Israel) were given a strict warning to end their rebellion to God in 490years(70x7) for the old convenant to be sustained so as for the temple(holy place) to still be a place of everlasting righteousness.
2) According to verse 25: they were to pay good attention to the timing, that the seventy weeks(490years) will pass(that is start counting) when there is a command to rebuild Jerusalem till wen the Anointed One(Christ) will come...which will Mark the end of the 490years. How was this fulfilled? From the time Nehemiah when the desolation of the Babylonians were over and they started building the Temple and Wall of Jerusalem(despite the perilous time they faced from Sambalat and Tobiah) to the Time Mary and Joseph brought Jesus to Simeon the priest in the Temple was exactly 490 years. So,the 70 weeks was fulfilled. Nehemiah 2:17
[17]But now I said to them, “You know very well what trouble we are in. Jerusalem lies in ruins, and its gates have been destroyed by fire. Let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem and end this disgrace!”

And another version which may also be true is that after the rebuilding of the temple (30+years from wen they started) and Eztra the priest read the law for the first time in the Temple to the time Christ(Anointed One) died on the Cross was also a space of 490 years. So,any of the two calculation still points to Jesus as the Anointed One. Nehemiah 8:1
[1]all the people assembled with a unified purpose at the square just inside the Water Gate. They asked Ezra the scribe to bring out the Book of the Law of Moses, which the lord had given for Israel to obey.

3) Now verse 26 make us know that the Anointed One (Christ) will be killed and those who killed him would tink they av cut short the plan and the Anointed One has achieve nothing but unknown to them...his death has put an end to the Holiness of the Temple and now His(Anointed One) is now the Temple that is acceptable in the new covenant. This is why in the prophecy it said after the death of the Anointed One a ruler will come and destroy the Temple. Before Jesus died he said to his disciples in Matthew 24:1-2
[1]As Jesus was leaving the Temple grounds, his disciples pointed out to him the various Temple buildings.
[2]But he responded, “Do you see all these buildings? I tell you the truth, they will be completely demolished. Not one stone will be left on top of another!”

General Titus in 70AD fulfilled this and historians showed us that the temple was destroyed to the very foundation and no stone was found placed in the other.

Now back to ur point...the temple in Revelation 11 and 2 Thessalonians will be built for daily sacrifices but the Lord would not be glorified in that temple for he no longer lives in a house built with hands. He will send two messangers to preach Christ to them and to turn Dem from the daily sacrifices...they will be killed after 3and half years for the spirit of Antichrist has taken over.

So,don't mix it up or let me ask u straight...
1)Who is the Anointed One that will be killed?
2)Has the Anointed One been killed or will still be killed in future?
3) According to Daniel's vision,which one comes first, second and third. The Anointed One coming and death,the rebuilding of the temple and the destruction of the temple?

Please answer these three questions in ur reply...I av answered them above...but answer urs
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by immaculatesense(m): 9:39am On Jul 05, 2022
LordReed:

You are comparing their knowledge of the world then with our knowledge of the world now, that is a bad idea because they did not think the world is as big as we now know it to be. It is evident in the way they wrote. They said the Roman Emperor commanded "all the world" to be registered in a census. Obvious if you were living in those times the Roman Empire might have seemed like "all the world" but it most definitely was not, it wasn't even up to a quarter of the world. Plus the world population then was a mere fraction of what it is now so it was quite conceivable for "all the world" to hear of the gospel. My point is they were working from the limits of their knowledge and you here now with better information are limiting yourself to their ignorance and it is very comedic. It would be like a modern man going to look for stones to make a tire.

Secondly, you guys make the bible sound like bipolar nonsense when you reinterpret places that do not fit your narrative just so it can. Are you going to deny that it was written “Surely I am coming quickly.”? No you are not but instead of coming to terms with what that means now that that cannot be fulfilled, you reinterpret it to fit whatever narrative you like. As if words no longer have the meaning we generally use them for and you can just willy nilly ascribe any meaning to a word. That makes the Bible look like a bipolar clown show.
Dear LordReed
I still do not understand wat u criticising me for...is it that ur claiming Christ has already come? Or Christ will not come?
Cos I just told u that even with our progress in preaching the gospel,with all technology and wat av you...no one can still boldly say we av covered the whole nook and cranny of the world with the gospel even though we av made tremendous progress but there are still work to be done. But Christ said the work of preaching to those unreached has to be done first before he comes...but nobody can know wen the message gets to the very last person and that is why we are to be prepared also.

So, LordReed,do u av any issue with dis analysis of mine and maybe u can reexplain any part of the scriptures u think in ur wisdom dat I av misinterpreted,let me hear ur own view and let's discuss.
But like I said,if u do not believe in the scriptures at all...I will respect ur opinion.
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by OkCornel(m): 10:00am On Jul 05, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear OkCornel
Sir,there is a misconception in ur analysis...Daniel talked of 70 weeks and a week is seven days. Sir,each day represent a years. Let's do the Maths and let me tell u how it was fulfilled.
70×7=490
So from the above the prophecy was for 490 years.
Now another question is "is the 490 years from the day Daniel saw the prophecy?
Answer NO. Then from when? Let's read the passage again den understand;
Daniel 9:24-26
[24]“A period of seventy sets of seven has been decreed for your people and your holy city to finish their rebellion, to put an end to their sin, to atone for their guilt, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to confirm the prophetic vision, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.
[25]Now listen and understand! Seven sets of seven plus sixty-two sets of seven will pass from the time the command is given to rebuild Jerusalem until a ruler—the Anointed One—comes. Jerusalem will be rebuilt with streets and strong defenses, despite the perilous times.

1) according to verse 24; the people(Israel) were given a strict warning to end their rebellion to God in 490years(70x7) for the old convenant to be sustained so as for the temple(holy place) to still be a place of everlasting righteousness.
2) According to verse 25: they were to pay good attention to the timing, that the seventy weeks(490years) will pass(that is start counting) when there is a command to rebuild Jerusalem till wen the Anointed One(Christ) will come...which will Mark the end of the 490years. How was this fulfilled? From the time Nehemiah when the desolation of the Babylonians were over and they started building the Temple and Wall of Jerusalem(despite the perilous time they faced from Sambalat and Tobiah) to the Time Mary and Joseph brought Jesus to Simeon the priest in the Temple was exactly 490 years. So,the 70 weeks was fulfilled. Nehemiah 2:17
[17]But now I said to them, “You know very well what trouble we are in. Jerusalem lies in ruins, and its gates have been destroyed by fire. Let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem and end this disgrace!”

And another version which may also be true is that after the rebuilding of the temple (30+years from wen they started) and Eztra the priest read the law for the first time in the Temple to the time Christ(Anointed One) died on the Cross was also a space of 490 years. So,any of the two calculation still points to Jesus as the Anointed One. Nehemiah 8:1
[1]all the people assembled with a unified purpose at the square just inside the Water Gate. They asked Ezra the scribe to bring out the Book of the Law of Moses, which the lord had given for Israel to obey.

3) Now verse 26 make us know that the Anointed One (Christ) will be killed and those who killed him would tink they av cut short the plan and the Anointed One has achieve nothing but unknown to them...his death has put an end to the Holiness of the Temple and now His(Anointed One) is now the Temple that is acceptable in the new covenant. This is why in the prophecy it said after the death of the Anointed One a ruler will come and destroy the Temple. Before Jesus died he said to his disciples in Matthew 24:1-2
[1]As Jesus was leaving the Temple grounds, his disciples pointed out to him the various Temple buildings.
[2]But he responded, “Do you see all these buildings? I tell you the truth, they will be completely demolished. Not one stone will be left on top of another!”

General Titus in 70AD fulfilled this and historians showed us that the temple was destroyed to the very foundation and no stone was found placed in the other.

Now back to ur point...the temple in Revelation 11 and 2 Thessalonians will be built for daily sacrifices but the Lord would not be glorified in that temple for he no longer lives in a house built with hands. He will send two messangers to preach Christ to them and to turn Dem from the daily sacrifices...they will be killed after 3and half years for the spirit of Antichrist has taken over.

So,don't mix it up or let me ask u straight...
1)Who is the Anointed One that will be killed?
2)Has the Anointed One been killed or will still be killed in future?
3) According to Daniel's vision,which one comes first, second and third. The Anointed One coming and death,the rebuilding of the temple and the destruction of the temple?

Please answer these three questions in ur reply...I av answered them above...but answer urs

I’ll answer your question in details, but there’s something in Daniel’s prophecy I’d like you to ponder on in your analysis of the timeline.

Daniel 9 v 27;

27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him

Titus does not fit into the above description, as I’m not aware of any covenant he had with many for 7 years.

This actually refers to the dragon and one of the two beasts mentioned in the book of Revelation.

Read Revelation 11 v 1-2 closely;

1. I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers.

2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

Look closely at the bolded part in verse 2. 42 months is 3.5 years. This explains what happens after “the middle of the seven” when the covenant with many is broken.

The abomination of desolation (defilement, not destruction) of the rebuilt temple is yet to happen.

Bear in mind, John foresaw the apocalypse over 20 years after the temple was destroyed by General Titus.

With the death of the anointed one, the calendar is paused. The final seven will kick off when the “covenant with many” is put in place by the lawless one.
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by immaculatesense(m): 10:01am On Jul 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The word Bible is not compulsory that's why the JWs never wrote "BIBLE" on their version of the scriptures. But when it comes to what the scriptures contains it shouldn't be what we can't find word for word in it.
For your information the word RAPTURE means different things and as for resurrection it's clearly pronounced in the scriptures as RESURRECTION not RAPTURE. It simply means "standing up" because it only applies to the dead and not the living! smiley
So if you have some dogmatic teachings i'm not opposed to it after all that's what most religions do but insisting that it has to do with the word of God is totally unacceptable.
Resurrection is not RAPTURE please get that straight! smiley
Dear MaxinDHouse
I wonder why people look for trouble where there is none.
In ur first question that u asked and I quote"where is the word Rapture in ur Bible"?
U ursef used the word Bible,but now u say JW never used Bible and I av also met with ur people(great people) in our discussion saying please open ur "Bible" to...
My Point.
No Christian(me) will tell u that there is the word Rapture in the scriptures...just like the word "Pulpit" for Podium and many more words like dat. Like I said, as long as the interpretation of Rapture doesn't in any way substitute the meaning of Ressurrection of the dead and the living then to me it's just synonyms. But if it in any way substitute the meaning of the Ressurrection of the living and the dead then there is a problem. That's why I said to u...if u av had people preaching the rapture in a wrong way...den u can challenge them just like some people including JW has thought the second coming wrongly for years until they in the 20th century 1976 specifically decided to jettison the prediction and great pyramid fallacy and they admit that "things(knowledge) gets clearer and clearer as time goes on". I am not going to castigate u for that Charles Russell's and his early predecessors for those changes of time from 1914 to 1965...and don't think anyone who uses the word Rapture believes it as thought by John Nelson Darby in the 1830...
As against Darby's teaching,I do not believe the Ressurrection of the living and the dead(Rapture) is at different time from the second coming...I believe the second coming and the Ressurrection is at the same time.
2 Thessalonians 2:1
[1]Now, dear brothers and sisters, let us clarify some things about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered to meet him.

It is wen he is coming that we(living and dead) will be gathered to meet him
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by LordReed(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear LordReed
I still do not understand wat u criticising me for...is it that ur claiming Christ has already come? Or Christ will not come?
Cos I just told u that even with our progress in preaching the gospel,with all technology and wat av you...no one can still boldly say we av covered the whole nook and cranny of the world with the gospel even though we av made tremendous progress but there are still work to be done. But Christ said the work of preaching to those unreached has to be done first before he comes...but nobody can know wen the message gets to the very last person and that is why we are to be prepared also.

So, LordReed,do u av any issue with dis analysis of mine and maybe u can reexplain any part of the scriptures u think in ur wisdom dat I av misinterpreted,let me hear ur own view and let's discuss.
But like I said,if u do not believe in the scriptures at all...I will respect ur opinion.

Yes, quite plainly I am telling you that Jesus will not come. And I am telling you that you are limiting yourself by what 1st century CE peasants knew of the world or the universe.
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:27am On Jul 05, 2022
immaculatesense:

Dear MaxinDHouse
I wonder why people look for trouble where there is none.
In ur first question that u asked and I quote"where is the word Rapture in ur Bible"?
U ursef used the word Bible,but now u say JW never used Bible and I av also met with ur people(great people) in our discussion saying please open ur "Bible" to...
My Point.
No Christian(me) will tell u that there is the word Rapture in the scriptures...just like the word "Pulpit" for Podium and many more words like dat. Like I said, as long as the interpretation of Rapture doesn't in any way substitute the meaning of Ressurrection of the dead and the living then to me it's just synonyms. But if it in any way substitute the meaning of the Ressurrection of the living and the dead then there is a problem. That's why I said to u...if u av had people preaching the rapture in a wrong way...den u can challenge them just like some people including JW has thought the second coming wrongly for years until they in the 20th century 1976 specifically decided to jettison the prediction and great pyramid fallacy and they admit that "things(knowledge) gets clearer and clearer as time goes on". I am not going to castigate u for that Charles Russell's and his early predecessors for those changes of time from 1914 to 1965...and don't think anyone who uses the word Rapture believes it as thought by John Nelson Darby in the 1830...
As against Darby's teaching,I do not believe the Ressurrection of the living and the dead(Rapture) is at different time from the second coming...I believe the second coming and the Ressurrection is at the same time.
2 Thessalonians 2:1
[1]Now, dear brothers and sisters, let us clarify some things about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered to meet him.

It is wen he is coming that we(living and dead) will be gathered to meet him

You just like telling useless stories!

JWs don't write BIBLE on the cover of their translation, resurrection has a totally different meaning which is rising again from the dead, only those born of spirit will go and meet Jesus in heaven not all believers, and they're not going bodily but as spirit beings which means nobody will see them because they will die first before they can be transformed!

So that word RAPTURE has no place in God's word!

1 Like

Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by judedwriter(m): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. Somebody needs to return to nursery to learn how to count. For Sirius sake Hussein is 7 letters and Obama is 5 letters. Your attempt to force this narrative is such a kindergarten attempt.

I have corrected it. I ain't forcing this narrative, it's 100 % truth
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by judedwriter(m): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
judedwriter:

Barack hussein obama

Barack/hussei/nobama

6 6 6

Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by LordReed(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
judedwriter:

I have corrected it. I ain't forcing this narrative, it's 100 % truth

LMFAO! Removing n from Hussein to add to Obama is the very definition of forcing a narrative. Kai! Who do you dis tin?
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by judedwriter(m): 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
LordReed:

LMFAO! Removing n from Hussein to add to Obama is the very definition of forcing a narrative. Kai! Who do you dis tin?

Nobody o...

Just don't be around when this man takes world power!
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
judedwriter:

Nobody o...

LMFAO!
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by immaculatesense(m): 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You just like telling useless stories!

JWs don't write BIBLE on the cover of their translation, resurrection has a totally different meaning which is rising again from the dead, only those born of spirit will go and meet Jesus in heaven not all believers, and they're not going bodily but as spirit beings which means nobody will see them because they will die first before they can be transformed!

So that word RAPTURE has no place in God's word!
Dear MaxinDHouse
Please who teaches u all this concocted (to be polite) statement without facts and scriptural references? You did even quote a scripture to back ur three ambiguous statement? You are wiser than this na.
Not all believers will meet Jesus?Pliss who will be left?
Can u explain
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
[16]For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died will rise from their graves.
[17]Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.

They will die first?
1 Corinthians 15:51-52
[51]But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!
[52]It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.

Nobody will see them?
Matthew 24:30
[30]And then at last, the sign that the Son of Man is coming will appear in the heavens, and there will be deep mourning among all the peoples of the earth. And they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Again...u are wiser than being receptive of every single teaching without even cross confirming
Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by immaculatesense(m): 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
judedwriter:

Nobody o...

Dear judedwriter
What if Obama God forbids dies tomorrow...wat other name will people mention again...I av heard pope John Paul,I av heard pope John Benedict,I av even heard Trump and now Obama...
You people shud please stick to the scriptures please

1 Like

Re: After Rapture, What Will Happen In The Earth? by immaculatesense(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
LordReed:

Yes, quite plainly I am telling you that Jesus will not come. And I am telling you that you are limiting yourself by what 1st century CE peasants knew of the world or the universe.
Dear LordReed
I hope I understand u now...and I don't av a problem with u...
But note...it was one of these (peasants as u called them) people that made one of the earliest Revelation that the world is not flat but round(since the word spherical does not exist at the time in the language) as far as over 4000 years ago. READ Isaiah 40:22
[22]God sits above the CIRCLE of the EARTH.
    The people below seem like grasshoppers to him!
He spreads out the heavens like a curtain
    and makes his tent from them.

THANK YOU REED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Churches And Their Individual Madness Part 2: RCCG!! / Should We Really Accept John 14:6 As The Word Of Jesus? / What Killed Pastor Dare Adeboye (COVID 19)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.