Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 (18215 Views)

President Buhari Casts His Votes For Governorship And State House Of Assembly / 2023: Why Kwankwaso Cannot Work For Tinubu - Penguin2 / Chinechere Okoronkwo, Victim Of The NDA Attack Was Expecting His First Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by TylerDurden: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2022
surgical:
with only two region northeast and northwest?

What of north central and SS?

You convinetly avoided these tegoons abi?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by Adexxi(m): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2022
And the pure reason we voted against Apc in osun state is poor performance of Apc at the federal level. That was just a tip of iceberg .
Alba3:

Religion can never play a role in SW's voting. People voted Adeleke for many reasons not because he's in PDP.
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by pedrilo: 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2022
the result of the 2023 election is simple
OBI 1st position
ASIWAJU 2nd position
ATIKU 3rd position
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by Izongdave(m): 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2022
My brother I know you must be a Cross Riverian grin
4ward4:
Obi is a movement, Labour party might not win any governorship, Senatorial position. But he have a chance to be a president.
Nigerians aren't after party any longer...
Myself personally Obi for president, Apc in my state and PDP for my Senatorial district.
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by Adexxi(m): 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2022
Boss add lagos cos' those Obituary guys go cut Tinubu ticket there . Infact Atiku will get votes in Ondo . Apc poor performance won't help them . Longest time bro . Awa eyan imole grin
Prince111111:
Tinubu would even struggle to win Osun and Oyo..I know you will be surprised to hear that and Peter? Seriously, he has a lot of work to do just believe me.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by lilfresh96(m): 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2022
Thesame questions goes to the Obidients also.

Where is Obi expecting his vofe apart from SS SE ??

I don't even know which state his deputy datti is from

1 Like

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by Honjoshy4u: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2022
Biodun556:

Study Yorubas very well, south west is for Tinubu

Adeleke and his deputy are christians yet Muslims dominate Osun. Yorubas are not sentimental unlike other regions.

Let's wait till 2023...
The Osun was a rejection of Tinubu that told them he is richer than Osun.
I schooled and stayed in the west for 10 years.
Don't tell me about them.
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by BenklinsJones(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
Where were you when him and PDP won Tinubu's state (Osun)? In 2019, he won Sanwolu and Osinbajo ward.
Fashola loose his lg.
He got about 45% in the West.
South South is for PDP.
North central that Buhari government has destroyed and the insensitive muslim-muslim ticket will deal with Tinubu and reward PDP.

Well I can tell you that he got such amount of vote Becos of only one man..And the man is OBI..Left for me in 2019,I won't vote..I voted and and I voted for PDP Becos of OBI and not Becos of Atiku..
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by Honjoshy4u: 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
BenklinsJones:

Well I can tell you that he got such amount of vote Becos of only one man..And the man is OBI..Left for me in 2019,I won't vote..I voted and and I voted for PDP Becos of OBI and not Becos of Atiku..

The votes Yaradua and Jonathan got from Lagos, na Obi give them?
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by LOOBE: 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
Only people living in North or were living in the North before will understand Hausa's political game,I bet you before presidential election you will see how Hausas political gladiators will migrate to either PDP or Labour Party in the name of "Nigerians are not happy with Muslim-Muslim ticket", "history of Tinubu vice president about Kabiru Sokoto friendship will also make APC to lose in some parts of SW,SS,SE and N central", Come to SW more than 60% of people with PVC are not happy with Tinubu and they are not ready to vote for Atiku, feel free to conduct your research to know whether I am saying the truth or not". The issue of voting in the president is not the choice of party but personality

1 Like

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by Prince111111: 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2022
Adexxi:
Boss add lagos cos' those Obituary guys go cut Tinubu ticket there . Infact Atiku will get votes in Ondo . Apc poor performance won't help them . Longest time bro . Awa eyan imole grin
you on point Blooda grin
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by Eddy017: 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2022
I'm really surprise about the comments I'm seeing here. It shows alot of people don't understand how voting works. People keep saying where is atiku going to see is vote from, you guyz have forgotten that PDP is a strong political party and have structures. There are strong die hard supporters and party faithful. I can bet my balls atiku is gonna see 40% vote in every state. People keep shouting Obi we shall see the true obi supporters on election day. The next president of Nigeria is Atiku

1 Like

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by BloomingDale(f): 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2022
Salewa97:
This one no concern me.

If Atiku like, he can go bring his people from Cameroon to come and vote.

But I am sure Asiwaju Bola Tinubu will be the next president of Nigeria.

God bless Akanbi omo olodo ide.

Bobo Chicago

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by BloomingDale(f): 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2022
TylerDurden:
Middle belt and Niger Delta

Osuland is for Peter obi

SW is for Tinubu

Atiku wins this election hands down.

What? Another Fulani?
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by aribisala0(m): 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2022
Eboes are funny
Would Atiku be on the ballot if Eboes supported Wike?

The way Eboes operate is funny. You do something and you expect everyone to forget because it favours you?

Was this same Obi not in PDP contesting against Atiku

Did the South Governors not resolve it must come south?

You decide
IF IT IS NOT SE IT SHOULD STAY IN THE NORTH TILL EVERBODY GET SENSE

You expect the rest of the South to now forget ?

Well many have still not got sense so stick with Atiku that you brought

You want to to pretend about what happened in PDP
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by TylerDurden: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2022
BloomingDale:

What? Another Fulani?

And ?

Was Yaradua not a Fulani ?

Shagari who happens to be the best President Nigeria had was also Fulani .

Stop being a tribalist .

Besides , Igbos have not repaid their debt for the foolishness they caused in 1966 and forever remain political osus.
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by Ratorichie(m): 4:07pm On Aug 02, 2022
Oga well done for your binary- one-dimensional analysis.
You forgot to add that they are a considerable numbers of PDP Card carrying member, nay South South(Which i belong to) who believe that a vote for OBI is a waste vote, invarably a vote for Tinubu.
Atiku has more political associates in the Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Edo, Delta than Obi could dream.
Read my lips the Akwa-cross will overwhelming vote for Atiku rather than Obi, due to the "nde imi nkita" the Igbos derisively and arrogantly tag them

1 Like

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by aribisala0(m): 4:07pm On Aug 02, 2022
TylerDurden:

And ?

Stop being a tribalist .

Besides , Igbos have not repaid their debt for the foolishness they caused in 1966 and forever remain political osus.
Shagari was best? By what metric or measure? Name one achievement of Shagari that made him best?
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by BloomingDale(f): 4:07pm On Aug 02, 2022
TylerDurden:

And ?

Stop being a tribalist .

I heard Atiku is very corrupt, even more so than Tinubu.
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by TylerDurden: 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2022
BloomingDale:

I heard Atiku is very corrupt, even more so than Tinubu.

Obasanjo the hypocrite that sees himself as the only saint is credited with that followed by the BAT urchins who have made that their only campaign points against Atiku.

Are they not all thieves including the bloody hypocrite St Peter Obi.
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by BloomingDale(f): 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2022
TylerDurden:

Obasanjo the hypocrite that sees himself as the only saint is credited with that followed by the BAT urchins who have made that their only campaign points against Atiku.

Are they not all thieves including the bloody hypocrite St Peter Obi.

Hmmm. I see your point though.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by jerryforgood: 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
SS
South South are still heavily rooted in PDP
It's going to be different this time. I am living in south south, delta state to be precise. Here no one is interested in Atiku despite he choosing Okowa as vice. The issue is south south wants a Christian president and who is also from southern Nigeria. Even if the Christian presidential candidate is from northern Nigeria, from my point of view south south won't vote for him. So it's about region first before religion.
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by EwebSolution: 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2022
Is anybody still thinking of all this right now.....

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by lovinagbad: 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2022
Reinaldo:
Many people in the SouthWest will vote for Atiku instead of Tinubu. Just like what happened during the Osun governorship election.
Continue deceiving yourself. "Awa lo kon" will be the song when campaign starts. Watch out
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by atinga1: 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2022
Penguin2:

Can you mention which states Atiku will win in Southsouth and North Central?
Atiku will win Bayelsa. Its a core PDP state and Jonathan's home state. The other states is out of reach.
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by oyatz(m): 4:36pm On Aug 02, 2022
Penguin2:
In his last interview with Arise TV, Atiku sounded like someone who had everything figured out and hence confident of victory.

But I’ve been cracking my head to see where Atiku is really expecting his votes aside his native Northeast and some states in Northwest, where else is Atiku sure of votes.

To buttress this point, I will tell you what happened when I boarded a Uber in Lagos. It happened that the driver is from the Igbo speaking area of Delta State. We got talking and talks got to politics and he revealed that he’s card-carrying member of the PDP. But guess what, this man told me clearly that he’s support Peter Obi for the presidency.

We were still analyzing his reasons when he got a call from a certain ‘Segun’ who he addressed as “my corrupt officer”. After they exchanged banters, my Uber driver now cunningly told his caller that in the forthcoming election their support is for Tinubu since they are all Lagos boys. But surprisingly, Segun interjected and said “it’s Obi o”. In the end they concluded that for governorship, Senator, Rep, etc, they are voting PDP, but they are voting Obi for Presidency.

When he was done with the call, I now asked him which of the Southwest States Segun is from and guess what my driver told me, Segun is from Kogi State. He’s Okun. The part of Kogi that speak Yoruba. I got to find out that they both belong to PDP but they are both not voting Atiku for the presidency. I asked my driver if he relates with people at home in Delta to know their opinion too and he told me categorically that everybody in Delta is Obidient and dismissed Okowa’s influence.

I’m not telling you this for you to believe; I can only tell you the truth, but not force you to believe it.

Now the question is, how many PDP card-carrying members are like my driver and Segun? How many southerners and MiddleBelters are like them?

So far in the electioneering process, it has been become increasingly obvious that Southeast and Southsouth, a traditional PDP region, is gone with Peter Obi of Labour Party. Again, due to Christian sentiment and for want of competent candidate who would be different from the norm, most North Central states of Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa and FCT seem to be leaning towards Obi. Taraba in Northeast is also looking Obidient. Then you add Southern Kaduna, Southern Bauchi, Southern Gombe, etc. let’s not forget that Christian sentiments might also guarantee Peter Obi about 30% of Southwest votes.

Tinubu on the other hand is looking to do well in Southwest irrespective of the negative sentiments that his Muslim-Muslim ticket has generated amongst Christian voters in his native southwest region. Similarly, a state like Kwara, who are more Yoruba than northern, might also swing to Tinubu. Again being the candidate of the party in power, it is expected that president Buhari and the northern APC governors will work to deliver some votes of the core northern states for Tinubu. Again, with his running mate coming from Northeast, Tinubu is expected to take Borno and Yobe in the region.

Kwankwaso is looking strong in Kano. Some people say Jigawa but I don’t know about that and can’t say it.

Then, there is Atiku. As of today, Atiku can only boast of votes from Adamawa, Bauchi, Gombe and Taraba in his native Northeast. Borno and Yobe are most probably gone with Shettima of APC. Then in the northwest, with Kano gone with Kwankwaso, Atiku seems to be looking strong in other states of the Northwest of Kaduna, Katsina, Sokoto, Jigawa, Kebbi and Zamfara. But that’s where it ends. Where else is Atiku sure of votes in Nigeria. We may concede he would garner some votes in Delta because of Okowa but I can place a bet that Atiku will not win Delta. Just like his percentage of votes in the entire southern region will be too insignificant to be significant.

Therefore, I throw this poser to Atiku supporters and those who like to claim that the upcoming election is between Atiku and Tinubu to tell me where Atiku is expecting his votes.

Penguin is a bird of reason!!!

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Many of you don't understand how presidential elections are won and lost.

By law, practice and in reality, political parties contest for elections in Nigeria.
The elections are like Soccer Tournament and the contestants are like different competing Teams.
The candidates are similar to Captains of the different teams.
This is why on the ballot papers, there won't be Atiku , Tinubu, Peter Obi or Kwankanso but the names and logos of political parties.

On the date of the presidential election, each voter will be given three ballot papers to thumbprint for the parties they will be voting for in the REPS, SENATORIAL and PRESIDENTIAL elections being simultaneously conducted. Most Nigerians will thumbprint for the same party for the 3 elections.

Don't rush to reply but tink deeply about the implications of this.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by opius: 4:39pm On Aug 02, 2022
After NE & NW where else do you expect vote ?
However,,, SW will be divided equally, SE & SS are PDP strong hold as well....

Next...
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by Penguin2: 4:49pm On Aug 02, 2022
Honjoshy4u:

The South-South will back their son Okowa.
Shetima is from same zone with Atiku, making it laughable.
For South-East, tell me any governor, senator, house of rep or political gladiator that have openly endorsed Obi.
I love Obi and endorsed him in 2019 but he lacks the political spread to defeat the rogue party APC that I want out.

Do you still remember how many gladiators that defected to APC in the run on to Anambra Gubernatorial Elections? Even the sitting Deputy Governor of the state defected. But what was the result? APC came third.

That’s a clear pointer of how useless your ‘gladiators’ are in Southeast politics.

And hey, the Southeast and Southsouth are together in this. Okowa is alone.
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by aribisala0(m): 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2022
SE abandoned WIKE

With the mantra SE or it stays in the North

SS are not stupid

1 Like

Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by uthlaw: 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2022
Abdu81:

Kwankwaso might work with atiku or tinubu.
kwankwaso said he will support tinubu!
Re: 2023: Apart From NE And NW, Where Else Is Atiku Expecting His Votes? - Penguin2 by uthlaw: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2022
Adexxi:
Kwankwaso can only win kano any maybe Jigawa....hope u sabi why I included Jigawa.
Atiku no get mouth for north again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Many Appointees Of Tinubu Are Treating Him Like An Orphan - Bosun Oladele / Osun Gov Poll Loss Painful – Presidency / British Government Congratulates Gambari As New COS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.