Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! (15082 Views)

First Black Man To Make A Grade Point Average Of 3.98 Out Of 4.0 Is Nigerian!!! / World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian / Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

most times nigerians can tell the difference between a directly biracial person and someone who just looks biracial.

if you look biracial and there's no one in your extended family on both sides with similar features, then no wahala.

you're contradicting yourself.

what about regina askia?

Does she have the "Nigerian look"?
Exactly!!!

Lemar Obika? Does he have the Nigerian look? He is fully Nigerian you know,

At least do well to show me how I contradicted my self and if I did, I'll bow; if not, I'll explain,

Now if Nigerians can tell who looks bi racial from someone who is bi racial, how do you explain my case where I am like many other Nigerian without biracial back ground?

NOTE: I'm happy Nigerians never asked if I'm mixed though they assume I'm Igbo lol!!!
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 05, 2011
stillwater:

Lol, the problem then is you. You need to tweak your perception abilities. tongue
As I said you can find the look in other regions, but that look would still be peculiar to a particular people.
Can't remember the biological term where morphological attributes of organisms begin to adapt to their environment over a period of time, thereby causing variation from other populations. The same idea can be applied here.

Exactly!!!! There are lots of similar environments in Africa so if people adapting to their environments causes physical changes, where does the "Nigerian look" come from provided similar environments can be found in Ghana, Togo, south Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania etc,

Please explain!!!
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 4:16am On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

Does she have the "Nigerian look"?
Exactly!!!

yes, she has the nigerian look.

Lemar Obika? Does he have the Nigerian look? He is fully Nigerian you know,

what's un-nigerian about his look?

greenish eyes?  

when you see things like that you're supposed to know it could mean such people's kids might have an albinism trait. Note, i said might.

At least do well to show me how I contradicted my self

if you were raised or spent time in england while growing up, your ways wont be exactly the same as if you were raised wholly in nigeria.

Now if Nigerians can tell who looks bi racial from someone who is bi racial, how do you explain my case where I am like many other Nigerian without biracial back ground?

if you look biracial, like i said before, and there are no such features in any member of your extended family on both sides, then no wahala. Read between the lines sweetie.

NOTE: I'm happy Nigerians never asked if I'm mixed though they assume I'm Igbo lol!!!

some nigerians do that with lightskinned people.

also, your features might not look yoruba because being lightskinned doesnt automatically mean you look igbo.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 4:19am On Aug 05, 2011

There are lots of similar environments in Africa so if people adapting to their environments causes physical changes, where does the "Nigerian look" come from provided similar environments can be found in Ghana, Togo, south Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania etc,
You are not making sense. .If you come out will yellow skin people will nickname you eg"oyinbo pepper pumpkin" Just like I am nicknamed "lobster" it does not mean they cannot tell you are not biracial. .

The "nigerian look" comes from Nigeria or do you want  people to say you have your yellow skin because long long ago oyinbos came and slept with one of your ancestor that  is why you came out looking like paw paw?
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

Exactly!!!! There are lots of similar environments in Africa so if people adapting to their environments causes physical changes, where does the "Nigerian look" come from provided similar environments can be found in Ghana, Togo, south Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania etc,

Please explain!!!

It's not all the way similar. That's why you find darker people from Sudan, Senegal, even Ghana. South Africans are usually lighter in complexion to West Africans because the weather there is cooler to that of West Africa, if I'm not mistaken. That's like a giveaway already who's from the West or South, although you can still find light people in the West o.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 4:24am On Aug 05, 2011
most of the ones oyinbo slept with, relocated mainly to fernando po island, so much of the biracial looking might be coming from that area.

at least that one is verifiable, documented and recorded history.

all other biracially looking with no clear reason for the look, then no wahala.

note, i said no clear reason.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 4:26am On Aug 05, 2011
@stillwater Many south Africans have white ancestors but what you say is true. .Look at the khoisans they have a copper skin tone and they are like one of the oldest people in African. .If I too am not mistaken. .

A
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 4:34am On Aug 05, 2011
@ 9jaganja

look at this guy for example [hope they're still together]

his kids would likely have an albinism or redbone gene, if he has no white ancestry.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 4:36am On Aug 05, 2011
And why would his children have albinism or redbone gene?
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 4:37am On Aug 05, 2011
@ 9jaganja contd

this guy [ilaje pdp who had some run ins with militants]

[img]http://saferafricagroup.files./2011/06/chief-olusola-oke_1.jpg[/img]

might be whitish, or albinoid.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 4:38am On Aug 05, 2011
kandiikane:

And why would his children have albinism or redbone gene?

because he has it.

it doesnt mean they'll be albinos or redbones per se, just that they're likely to have the gene.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 4:42am On Aug 05, 2011
thanks for posting pictures to confirm our assessment that Nigerian men has to be the ugliest group of men in Africa, well maybe second to Congolese men.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 4:45am On Aug 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

thanks for posting pictures to confirm our assessment that Nigerian men has to be the ugliest group of men in Africa, well maybe second to Congolese men.
lmaooo omg. .Are you not Nigeria?

tpia@:

because he has it.

it doesnt mean they'll be albinos or redbones per se, just that they're likely to have the gene.
Ok, that is why I asked wanted to know if he had it or not. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 4:49am On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

yes, she has the nigerian look.

what's un-nigerian about his look?

greenish eyes?  

when you see things like that you're supposed to know it could mean such people's kids might have an albinism trait. Note, i said might.

if you were raised or spent time in england while growing up, your ways wont be exactly the same as if you were raised wholly in nigeria.

if you look biracial, like i said before, and there are no such features in any member of your extended family on both sides, then no wahala. Read between the lines sweetie.

some nigerians do that with lightskinned people.

also, your features might not look yoruba because being lightskinned doesnt automatically mean you look igbo.

Now, Lemar Obika's look is found among Africa Americans and Among Jaimacans How can you tell a Jaimacan from Nigerian? lol Seriously maybe it's me cause I'm I see similar faces among all black people from Nigeria to brazil!!

Now there are African Americans with Lemar's kind of eyes so what I'm saying is, his look is not exclusive to Nigerians but he is a full Nigerian,
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 4:50am On Aug 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

the first guy is AA i think, while the second is nigerian but not that ugly nah.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 4:51am On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

@ 9jaganja contd

But is his look exclusive to Nigeria? As in will you call his look the Nigerian look?

For privacy reasons, I won't post my uncle's picture here, But he is as light as me but not bi racial, and he is Ekiti/Awori and doesn't and I have seen his type of look here in the US but not from a Nigerian,

I can't seriously tell who is Nigerian by looks honestly!!!
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 4:52am On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

Now, Lemar Obika's look is found among Africa Americans and Among Jaimacans How can you tell a Jaimacan from Nigerian? lol Seriously maybe it's me cause I'm I see similar faces among all black people from Nigeria to brazil!!

Now there are African Americans with Lemar's kind of eyes so what I'm saying is, his look is not exclusive to Nigerians but he is a full Nigerian,

lemar obika looks nigerian.

not sure why you think he doesnt.

all the people you mentioned, have african ancestry so why wouldnt many of them look african generally speaking?
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 4:54am On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

But is his look exclusive to Nigeria? As in will you call his look the Nigerian look?

he looks nigerian.

if he were darker you wouldnt be so confused.

the only thing i'm not sure of is if he's just lightskinned or has the albinic trait, barring white ancestry.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 4:59am On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

he looks nigerian.

if he were darker you wouldnt be so confused.

the only thing i'm not sure of is if he's just lightskinned or has the albinic trait, barring white ancestry.

tpia@:

lemar obika looks nigerian.

not sure why you think he doesnt.

all the people you mentioned, have african ancestry so why wouldnt many of them look african generally speaking?

Seriously, I'm not saying Nigerians can't look like that but I'm saying is it only Nigerians that look that way?

If people can establish that someone looks Yorubas, Igbo etc,  How are you able to establish who looks Nigerian given the already diverse ethnic physical appearances,
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by dayokanu(m): 4:59am On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

@ 9jaganja contd

Whats the difference

[img]http://3.bp..com/_0MAh0_Oa3iU/TMkb4AWsMKI/AAAAAAAACS4/cu8-yNhdtT8/s1600/Blake+Griffin+1.jpg[/img]
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 5:03am On Aug 05, 2011
^^who is that person?

this is the ilaje guy [who btw is mentioned simply for 9jaganja's benefit. Not a typical sample of the subject matter]:

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 5:04am On Aug 05, 2011
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 5:05am On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

Seriously, I'm not saying Nigerians can't look like that but I'm saying is it only Nigerians that look that way?

If people can establish that someone looks Yorubas, Igbo etc,  How are you able to establish who looks Nigerian given the already diverse ethnic physical appearances,
Because they look yoruba or igbo. .I can identify an igbo girl by the round head and face-this look is not just designated to igbos or not all igbo have them but I can still tell they are. .

If a person looks yoruba or igbo, you will be straight away assume they are Nigerian
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 5:07am On Aug 05, 2011
funke adesiyan

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 05, 2011
If you see this guy on the street of Lagos, will you think he is not Nigerian?

Alas he is Jamaican,
My point is that no look is exclusive to Nigerians but I hear the Nigerian look a lot!!

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 05, 2011
When will Nigerian judges/lawyers get rid of their clownish embarrassing joke of a wig?

I heard that those white rags are expensive too.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 5:14am On Aug 05, 2011
@9jaganja

some jamaicans look like nigerians but the example you posted does not.

if you mistake that guy for a nigerian then you're on your own and God help you.

My point is that no look is exclusive to Nigerians but I hear the Nigerian look a lot!!

you're wrong and also very stubborn.

so are you saying people mentioning the nigerian look do not know what they're seeing?

we're not talking of photoshop or plastic surgery plz. undecided

you're the one who doesnt know what nigerians look like but are accusing those who do.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

@9jaganja

some jamaicans look like nigerians but the example you posted does not.

you're wrong and also very stubborn.

Lol, I know I'm stubborn hahahahah but I haven't seen a conclusive evidence to show me there is a Nigerian look though hahaha,

This guy here is Jamaican. Now how do I know without patois if I see him in Nigeria?

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 5:21am On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

If you see this guy on the street of Lagos, will you think he is not Nigerian?

Alas he is Jamaican,

That guy does not look nigerian. .

There are "certain looks" in every country and fellow country men can identify with. .I have guessed so many times Nigerians and majority of the time I am right. .There is no exclusive look as to say "this man has a wide nose and fat lips so he is Nigerian" no but there are looks that can class someone from somewhere because of how dominant that look is in the area. .I.E somalis. .

I identify yoruba men with noses that are mildly pointed but abit flared -this is not designated to just yorubas and its not all of them who have it. .But these are the tiny things I look for when trying to identify someone who is Nigerian p.s the accent. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 5:23am On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

Lol, I know I'm stubborn hahahahah but I haven't seen a conclusive evidence to show me there is a Nigerian look though hahaha,

This guy here is Jamaican. Now how do I know without patois if I see him in Nigeria?

some jamaicans look nigerian or african, some look indian, some look asian or chinese, some are or look white/middle eastern, no biggie.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 5:27am On Aug 05, 2011
I haven't seen a conclusive evidence to show me there is a Nigerian look though
You will not know because you have not start down to study what your fellow country man looks like and how you will be able to identify him outside Nigeria. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 5:28am On Aug 05, 2011
There are "certain looks" in every country and fellow country men can identify with

true talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emerging Evidence Japanese Originated In Benin -by Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Comparing Slave Numbers from Bight of Benin and Bight of Biafra from 1400 - 1865 / Watch White Choir Sing Yoruba Carol.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.