Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! (15083 Views)

First Black Man To Make A Grade Point Average Of 3.98 Out Of 4.0 Is Nigerian!!! / World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian / Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
Kandikaane

Which country is that guy below from

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

how is business.

My sweetheart, things dry oooo. But with you by my side we can surmount mountains kiss kiss

kandiikane:

lool, dayo shame on you, shame on you. .

Seriously, If you come to Nigeria and you shut your mouth no one would be able to differentaite you from any other girl on the street.

Per the topic. I dont agree that looks are per country maybe per subregion e.g the West African look, the East African look, the Southern African look.

E.g The whites split us arbitrarily, Those in Benin/Togo could have easily been Nigerians and those in Calabar/ Ebonyi could have easily been camerounians if only the Europeans woke up differently on that morning of 1922.

Some features like heights e.g Savanah negroes are noticeably taller than forest negroes

E.g Negros can be split into Mandingo looking and the bantu looking ones bantu are shorter, fairer more rotund while mandingo are skinnier, taller and Darker
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2011
dayokanu which one are you doing again?

ewo ni mandingo looking and short bantu?

savanah negroes and forest negroes?

oyibo ti jebi. undecided
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by exotik: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2011
@ kandi, and if akon wore a babanriga and went down to eire street where hausas change dollar in my city in nigeria. i dont think he would be spotted as a senegalese by anybody even by the hausas.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2011
This reema major 17 years old rapper in Toronto but born in Darfur! Granted lots of South Sudanese have shiny dark look!!!

Tell you what? I have seen nigerian kids who look like reema major!!!

[flash=420,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xor-wlK7NIE[/flash]

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2011
here are some clearer pictures of seyi olofinjana

[img]http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/javaImages/35/ae/0,,10335~9088565,00.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.stokecityfc.com/javaImages/61/df/0,,10310~3727201,00.jpg[/img]

he looks hausa because he has a long jawline, that's all.

so?

what's unusual about some yorubas looking like hausa?
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

dayokanu which one are you doing again?

ewo ni mandingo looking and short bantu?

savanah negroes and forest negroes?

oyibo ti jebi. undecided

Mandingo looking are the typical tall dark skinny ones mainly in the Savanah or plains e.g people from Mali, Senegal Sudan etc

Bantu are more of the forest people shorter, rounder and not as dark they are mainly from Congo

1 Like

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

@ kandi, and if akon wore a babanriga and went down to eire street where hausas change dollar in nigeria. i dont think he would be spotted as a senegalese by anybody even the hausas.
So now you are saying you can class someone from where they are from by looks. . .

Well done. .

dayokanu:

My sweetheart, things dry oooo. But with you by my side we can surmount mountains  kiss kiss

Seriously, If you come to Nigeria and you shut your mouth no one would be able to differentaite you from any other girl on the street.

Per the topic. I dont agree that looks are per country maybe per subregion e.g the West African look, the East African look, the Southern African look.

E.g The whites split us arbitrarily, Those in Benin/Togo could have easily been Nigerians and those in Calabar/ Ebonyi could have easily been camerounians if only the Europeans woke up differently on that morning of 1922.

Some features like heights e.g Savanah negroes are noticeably taller than forest negroes

E.g Negros can be split into Mandingo looking and the bantu looking ones bantu are shorter, fairer more rotund while mandingo are skinnier, taller and Darker
So which one is the mandingo? But anyways, I did stand out. . It is hard to place me to a certain area. .But yeah Nigeria, congo and East Africa is what people will say based of my skintone or features when I say I am African. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

[img]http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/javaImages/35/ae/0,,10335~9088565,00.jpg[/img]

so?

Why did you tell kandikaane his name?? angry angry angry

Seeing Seyi Olofinjana on the streets of Senegal how could you have known he isnt a native or How is he different from Akon she posted as disticntly Senegalese?
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by lagcity(m): 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

so?

oh BS! that seyi guy could be mistaken for IGBO YORUBA OR any other tribe in nigeria
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2011
At dayo, that guy looks Senegalese or Gambian. . Might be wrong. . I have a picture of someone similar to his look. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

This reema major 17 years old rapper in Toronto but born in Darfur! Granted lots of South Sudanese have shiny dark look!!!

Tell you what? I have seen nigerian kids who look like reema major!!!

first of all what do you mean by shiny dark look.

secondly, its been repeated over and over again on this forum [for those who dont know and have no way of finding out], that many sudanese look nigerian. Check abadba's many threads about sudanese people.

thirdly, if the girl isnt pure nubian or pure dinka, she might look nigerian.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by exotik: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2011
kandiikane:

So now you are saying you can class someone from where they are from by looks. . .

Well done. .

lol, dat was not wot i said.

i said akon amongst nigerians would not be spotted as a senegalese by nigerians.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2011
lol!!! "Nigerian look" my asss!!!!!!!

Tpia and kandikane please hang out in Nigeria a little longer!!
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2011
@ seyi olofinjana photo

kindly read the thread from the beginning and note where people pointed out the majority factor.

seyi olofinjana has a long jaw and is tall and dark, therefore he might be mistaken for hausa by some.

in any case, fulanis migrated from the senegal region, so what exactly is the problem here?
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

i said akon amongst nigerians would not be spotted as a senegalese by nigerians.

he wouldnt be spotted by you and 9jaganja that's for sure.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

But yo said he looks hausa. .So what is your problem. .You just classed him by his looks. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by exotik: 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

he wouldnt be spotted by you and 9jaganja that's for sure.

and for sure, u will spot him no doubt.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 6:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
lagcity:

these ppl tire me oo. how is it a nigerian look when beninois, Sierra Leonians and ivorians look the same? i can understand if ppl are talking about west african look but nigerian look? doesn't make sense. 

does this guy look nigerian to you?

secondly, a lot of sierra leonians are of nigerian descent [pre-nigerian, whatever], due to the slave trade. This is basic stuff which is supposed to have been taught in elementary school in nigeria, let's just assume you werent raised there.

thirdly, isnt ivory coast fighting a war over immigration?
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2011
chei!!!!!
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by exotik: 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2011
kandiikane:

But yo said he looks hausa. .So what is your problem. .You just classed him by his looks. .

yeah because he can pass off as hausa/nigerian coz there is nothing like a "nigerian look"
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 6:07pm On Aug 05, 2011
from what i'm observing on this thread, it seems men may have a harder time distinguishing faces, probably because they're staring at the b.reasts and butt, while women seem to be more discerning.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2011
F
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

from what i'm observing on this thread, it seems men may have a harder time distinguishing faces, probably because they're staring at the b.reasts and butt, while women seem to be more discerning.

lol I could say women attribute looks to nationality lol!!
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

yeah because he can pass off as hausa/nigerian coz there is nothing like a "nigerian look"
If you can class him as hausa that means that means its his looks. If you meet him in the streets for the first time and you notice he looks hausa won't you think he is Nigerian?
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 6:19pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Exotik, where do you this this one is from?

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 6:20pm On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja

does this person look nigerian to you

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2011
what about this one? Nigerian?

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 6:27pm On Aug 05, 2011
That boy looks ghanian. .

Got a similar nose to essien
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 6:29pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^he's ghanaian.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by exotik: 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2011
kandiikane:

If you can class him as hausa that means that means its his looks. If you meet him in the streets for the first time and you notice he looks hausa won't you think he is Nigerian?

noticed i said if he wore a babanriga and amongst hausas? he can pass of as one

but if he is shirtless and playing football amongst ijaws somewhere in bayelsa? he can pass of as ijaw.

and he can pass of as any nigerian tribe in the streets of lagos. his looks is not perculiar to a specific tribe.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

lol I could say women attribute looks to nationality lol!!

no, i think most women are looking with their two eyes while the men arent.

ie the men are looking with something else.

reema ko, rihanna ni. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emerging Evidence Japanese Originated In Benin -by Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Comparing Slave Numbers from Bight of Benin and Bight of Biafra from 1400 - 1865 / Watch White Choir Sing Yoruba Carol.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.