Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! (15081 Views)

First Black Man To Make A Grade Point Average Of 3.98 Out Of 4.0 Is Nigerian!!! / World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian / Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by exotik: 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
lol, why are u asking me? ask tpia, s/he is the one good at matching faces with nationalities.

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

noticed i said if he wore a babanriga and amongst hausas? he can pass of as one

but if he is shirtless and playing football amongst ijaws somewhere in bayelsa? he can pass of as ijaw.

and he can pass of as any nigerian tribe in the streets of lagos. his looks is not perculiar to a specific tribe.

Well his looks might not be from a specific tribe in Nigeria because he does not look Nigeria. .His look leans to the wollof of senegal. .

Anyways, see that picture I posted what tribe in Nigeria or country you think he is? Do you think he can pass for igbo?
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Exotik, well just guess anyone tribe in Nigeria? There is atleast one. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by exotik: 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2011
u cannot post a random picture and expect me to start guessing. who does that? apart from nerds on the internet who have studied random pictures on the internet but not the real people? i only identify people based on names, accents, tribals marks and maybe traditional or religious attires they are wearing.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by dayokanu(m): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

9jaganja

does this person look nigerian to you

If I see Essien in Alaba or Onitsha, He looks like every normal Ibo boy
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

no, i think most women are looking with their two eyes while the men arent.

ie the men are looking with something else.

reema ko, rihanna ni. cheesy

Lol hahahahhahahahhaha you crazy mehn!!!! hahahahahha That was funny lol!!

But seriously, I can't tell who is what and many Nigerians who tried guessing end up with wrong answers!!!

tpia@:

9jaganja

does this person look nigerian to you

Tpia shocked shocked shocked shocked Are you saying you haven't seen Nigerians who look like essien? Hoooleeeeeee hahahhahahahahha

Come back to Nigeria now tpia! I swear if you were immigration officer, 60% of Nigerians will be elsewhere as deportees lol!!!
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by ababda: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2011
Why are we having this trivial conversation? about looks as if it really was important as far as placing value to peoples, nation, or tribes. Tpia is correct you have many people in Sudan that resembles west africa, but at the same token many resembles horn of africans as well. This is the break down of Sudan if we are going to go by appearance, i will not mention south sudan, since it is a separate nation now.

Northern Sudanese people normally resemble/ upper egyptians and horn of africans. however you have a small percent of darfuri there now due to conflict

North east sudanese, since is close to eritrea, majority of the inhabitants look similar to eritreans/ however you have a arabic peoples in that area, along with a small hausa population.

West Sudanese most people in darfur look like the people from chad and many west african group, again many hausas settled in the area centuries ago, and you also have a large baggara arab population in that area.

Finally, southern sudanese most people look like typical southern sudanese, a few tribes look similar to so called bantu, this is Sudan in a nutshell.  In my opinion, and this is only my opinion, i feel you are all Sudanese since Sudanese is the obviously the starting point of the various african peoples
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

u cannot post a random picture and expect me to start guessing. who does that? apart from nerds on the internet who have studied random pictures on the internet but not the real people? i only identify people based on names, accents, tribals marks and maybe traditional or religious attires they are wearing.
Alright, then if you can only identify people by names, accents or tribals marks there are others who can identify  by looks. .
By the way the guy is a fulani

@Ababda, so how did we all become sudanese?
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by ababda: 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2011
various looks of the Sudanese people.

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 7:04pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ababda, we know you are from Sudan and we have seen many times the various looks from sudan you have posted. We don't need anymore of your usual picture spamming on here. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by ababda: 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2011
kandiikane, just read your history books and come back, it is quite obvious where most of African cultures begin and later spread out to other regions.

I had a whole tread that nearly talked about that very subject.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-342566.0.html
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 05, 2011
H
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2011
And many are too ignorant to know that our historical link with the Nubians in the Sudan is unbreakable!!! Hahahahahahaha
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

ababda thank you!!!!!! Many don't want to admit Africans can look any how in the negroe context i.e is, any black person from any nation can resemble another black person from another nation!!!

Some here will like to attribute one look to Sudanese people lol!! (Tpia and kandikane)! I gave them an example of reema major who is from Darfur who doesn't look like they would want Sudanese people to look!

Are you guys fo real? Anyone from anywhere can look anyhow within the context of his race SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen Nigerian having the look many of you will think is South African but then and I have seen South Africans looking like Hausas  but no, Tpia thinks it's only in the minority lol!!! Negroes please!!!!

Moderators please get this on the front page let's get general consensus on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing like "Nigerian look" only if Kandikane will travel to South Africa with me and see for her self!!! Wait wait wait!! Lucky Dube was killed cause he "looks Nigerian" hahahahhaa That alone is enough to tell you nothing like "Nigerian look"

Stop your st[i]u[/i]pidity. .

@Ababda, I am not disputing whatever you said, just do not spam with pictures.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by exotik: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2011
Lucky Dube was killed cause he "looks Nigerian" hahahahhaa That alone is enough to tell you nothing like "Nigerian look"

hahahahah, dat was funny.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2011
kandiikane:

Yeah yeah Ababda show them more pictures to prove they don't know what they are talking like!!! It seems that's the only thing they understand lol!!!

Go away Konjikane, I don't like you!! And if that's you in your profile picture, I'm glad you decided not to expose your horrible lips which are allies of your facial ugliness tongue tongue tongue tongue I would have been scarred for life cause seeing half of it made me scared to go to bed!

You need to travel a bit more to know what's up not seat your ass in one place and who looks what!!! Save up, travel around Africa/world, I guarantee you, it will be the best education you can ever get better than degrees as it exposes you to humanity not just a tribe's look or what not?

Jor ooo!!
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2011
, maybe you need to travel more and see for your self similarities in certain people from a certain area. .

I don't care if you like me or not, you have not made any impact in life. .I do not know you 'cept that you have a weird skin with weird hair. . .
Stu[i]p[/i]id albino bas[i]t[/i]ard. . You are weird and a freak of nature, end of. .White hair? Albino skin? Ew. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by ababda: 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2011
kandiikane:

I will spear you the picture spamming, but maybe a few more pictures and thats all, to prove my point. again various sudanese faces.

Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 7:58pm On Aug 05, 2011
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^Of all the pictures you post showing sudan's diversity, I have never seen you post images of Dinkas and that is even before the separation. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by ababda: 8:01pm On Aug 05, 2011
The point is we are all Africans, and why should we be disputing with each other about appearances. We should be all focuss in developing our individual countries and making life better for the next generation and beyond.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2011
I have not disputed anyone's appearance but to say if you go to a certain culture you will notice certain similarities to their looks. . There is not anything wrong with that and in the end it shows the diversity of Africans in regards to looks. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by ababda: 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2011
@ Kandiikane

Actually, i have posted plenty of pictures of various southern sudanese ethnicities on here from my archeology page as well on various other topics.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 8:10pm On Aug 05, 2011
I have seen many of them. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by ababda: 8:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-258052.352.html

From this tread above i did posted a picture of a dinka model as well as other african nationalities as well.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by ababda: 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2011
Actually Kandiikane the first person i posted on this tread is in fact part dinka/nuer. She is infact in the next sudan top model contest, along with the last girl i posted.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
Did not take much look at the pictures 'cause looked like those I have seen before but yeah. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 05, 2011
D
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by kandiikane(m): 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ew, grow up! If you go to barbados and you see someone who looks like a senegalese is it not because senegal has a lot of people with the person's features that's why you assume the person looks senegalese. .Stupid [i]fu[/i]ck. .
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by ababda: 10:04pm On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

Lol!! Ouch that hurts? hahahahahhahahah, I'm not Albino, I'm bi racial!!!! And I love my white hair so go and die!!

Why would I wanna have an impact on your life other the impact from you will beg me to have with ten condoms grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ahahahahahahhahaha, Seriously, I won't touch you with a ten yard pole tongue tongue tongue tongue

Travel and learn!!! Go to Barbados and you will see people who look like Liberians, Ghanaians, Senegalese, Gambians, south Africans and what not, But you seat your Bottom in a cyber cafe and say there is "nigerian look"?

I ain't listening!!!

Tanzania is the most interesting of the places I have been and I didn't see them different from the demography I have seen in Nigeria!!!
Dude just leave this alone, you know it is annoying people. People love their individualty in regards to culture, or looks. Some people within the continent look similar while others don't. Why is that hard to understand? Again even in the Sudan, it is not hard to tell the difference from many northern groups vs southern groups and i think the same may apply to other areas in Africa as well. Needless to say, if you tell a northern sudanese he or she looks like a ethiopian some may take it as a insult while others may take it as a complement, again it depends on the person.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2011
@ 9jaganja

why is it so hard for you to grasp basic facts?

People are trying to teach you here but you refuse to learn.

In the first place, you grew up in england so lets blame your not knowing these things on that.

Secondly, you claim to be biracial. Dont know how true that is since you're saying different things at different times. I think to you, being light equals being biracial.

Thirdly, if a bunch of touts killed lucky dube because they thought he looked nigerian, then that means like you, they have no idea what a nigerian looks like.

You even posted a picture of a man who was clearly non-nigerian on this thread and claimed he looked nigerian. Seriously?

Fourthly, anyone who has seen a barbadarian and still cant tell what they look like, might want to considr getting fitted for contact lens.
Re: What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! by tpia5: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2011
Kandiikane

abadba has posted pictures of dinkas before though not many.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emerging Evidence Japanese Originated In Benin -by Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Comparing Slave Numbers from Bight of Benin and Bight of Biafra from 1400 - 1865 / Watch White Choir Sing Yoruba Carol.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.