Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

"Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers (42854 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Violent Fulani Herdsmen Are Not Nigerians – Police IGP, Arase / We're Not Politicians, Stop Inviting Us To Improtu Meetings....ogun Obas To Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Arosa(m): 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2011
nyameke:

@Gbawe you're actually seriously dumber than i thought,  watch him rumble on he actually thinks he is saying intelligent stuff, i ask about  why nigerians would actually feel great about investing in other countries while 90 million of their countrymen live in abject poverty and hopelessnes.
so seriously you don't know the answer to your question? If you don't know then too bad.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Yeske2(m): 12:48am On Aug 07, 2011
Why are we complaining when we go bashing each other?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by ektbear: 2:38am On Aug 07, 2011
This song is catchy as hell, lmao.

Man I've been playing it a lot
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by tpia5: 3:58am On Aug 07, 2011
i'm surprised the thread reached 15 pages and is still ongoing.

i got bored after i posted my bit about egusi soup and till now still cant be bothered with the song. Is it rap?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Jenifa1: 4:00am On Aug 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

well, you suck. tongue
I listened to it once and never want to hear it again in my lifetime.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by ektbear: 4:19am On Aug 07, 2011
Jenifa_:

well, you suck. tongue
I listened to it once and never want to hear it again in my lifetime.

Very thin skin you have grin

Toughen up cheesy
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by antitpiah: 4:22am On Aug 07, 2011
I have to be honest, this is awesome

Long Live Ghana
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 07, 2011
Up Ghanaians.

Love you smart and witty people. May God bless Ghana, nation of nations.  kiss
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by SEFAGO(m): 4:48am On Aug 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

I agree, pretty good upbeat song really. Come to think of it why is this thread going on for so long?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by antitpiah: 4:57am On Aug 07, 2011
^^^^

UK--->Cambridge, Massachusetts, ------>  Williamstown, Massachusetts?USA

You got it made!

or is it:

UK---> Williamstown, Massachusetts ------>Cambridge, Massachusetts ?USA

Irrespective, you are set for life.

If i were ileke, I'd all over your dyyyck!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by SEFAGO(m): 5:01am On Aug 07, 2011
antitpiah:

^^^^

UK--->Cambridge, Massachusetts, ------>  Williamstown, Massachusetts?USA

You got it made!

or is it:

UK---> Williamstown, Massachusetts ------>Cambridge, Massachusetts ?USA

Irrespective, you are set for life.

If i were ileke, I'd all over your dyyyck!

Hey Fstranger grin. Whats up with the new moniker
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by KDULAR: 9:31am On Aug 07, 2011
Travelled just came back . @ martass or what ever you call yourself, read my post, agbada is not thesame as any other big or grand boubou variants or Babariga. Agbada is Yoruba and its different from all what you see. Do not generalise. Sorry I'm not suprised the at the least from a ghanaaa.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Hoodrat(m): 9:43am On Aug 07, 2011
At Nyameka and all the Gaynanains on this thread UH, i thought this was a Africoon hating page? undecided where da F are the real upstanding real  who would make fun of these loser coons?you man-lover dork precipitate backs but your all a bunch of faget losers and its because of computer geeks like you that this thread even manages to have that smell its because your all a bunch of smouldering "twats"Ill bet non of the Gaynians guys on here even know what a "foot ball" is but Ill bet your well aware of the meaning behind circle? you guys are man-lover to me talking bout you managing  50 percent of your  S H I T People above poverty level that S H I T is a F U C K I NG LIE cuz we still got your brothers and ssisters  hawcking puff puff and selling gaynians ogogoro ad their smelling nasty p u s s y every blessed day in nigeria so dont be decieve and hey your curency is way behind time cuz it bring forth badluck to investors. F U C K  you you are all porchmunkys. I hate you mutherfuckers. and  it really doesnt F U C K I N G matter, Why dont you shove my typoes up your"S H I T" Bottom and shut the F U C K up you"uneducated"grin I C K wad?Ill bet you over looked my point too didnt you?you slow precipitate guzzling P U S S Y or did I spell something wrong? to 5 beneath FRY A BANANA smile AND SLAP IT IN YOUR MOUTH BEFORE YOU SPEAK. ONE MORE THING, STOP TALKING SO LOUD TO PEOPLE THAT ARE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. FOOD STAMP bleeps. WELFARE WET BACKS. THANK GOD EVERYDAY THAT YOU WERE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY ALTHOUGH YOU DON'T TAKE IT TO BE CIVILIZED THANKS. ADIOS FUCKOS
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 9:58am On Aug 07, 2011
nyameke:

@Gbawe you're actually seriously dumber than i thought,  watch him rumble on he actually thinks he is saying intelligent stuff, i ask about  why nigerians would actually feel great about investing in other countries while 90 million of their countrymen live in abject poverty and hopelessnes.

@G.ay-naian Suwegbe. This is not about Nigerians "feeling great" . It is about the concept that both sides of a story must be told. Which Nigerian do you know denies that we have problems in Nigeria? The issue is how Ghanaians , like yourself, have nothing good to say about Nigerians - ever . You are simply not bright enough to understand that I am not arguing about Nigerian greatness. Rather I am using real examples to show the good and economically important things Nigerians do in Ghana that they get no credit for. There is no nation on earth , save Ghana, that badmouth those who represent one of their greatest sources of FDI i.e foreign direct investment.

Most Ghanaians are just mentally enslaved and this is why Nigerians and Liberians are their constant target. In Ghana , tell me how many Lebanese folks mingle with you guys? Do they not segregate themselves in specific neighbourhood (Osu, Labone, Cantonment et al) while generally shunning interaction with Ghanaians? Do Nigerians behave in the the same snobbish and imperialist way?

Most Nigerians on this thread , save Ricky-Ross, are ignorant because they have no first hand experience of Ghana let alone be in the category of successful Nigerians in Ghana. They can continue to massage your ego but I totally understand the anger of Ricky_Ross because no one is discriminated against more in Ghana than the successful Nigerian. Just ask Adenuga. I was at a Private , invitation only, Globacom launch Party in Ghana Adenuga himself attended. It was a joyous affair everyone enjoyed including the Ghanaians who were invited . Imagine my shock when I read , in a Ghanaian newspaper, a vicious attack of "Nigerian disrespectful behaviour on Ghanaian soil" ? We were "spraying money insensitively" and "using Nigerian musician on Ghana soil"  shocked shocked shocked shocked Lo and behold, Globacom went on to suffer various acts of sabotage that even went all the way up to your Government officials !!!!!  Even the Nigerian ambassador and Dele Momodu have had to defend Nigerians , publicly, when the childishly senseless accusation against us became too much for them to bear !!!!

Suffice to say you are here because patriotism is dead in Nigeria. All we seem to churn out these days , at least in cyberspace, are "lost boys" either insipid about their nation or eager to ridicule her.  If things were the other way round , and a Nigerian penned this song about Ghanaians, no Nigerian would be able to visit a Ghanaian website because nothing makes Ghanaians lose their objectivity more than a witch hunt against Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by jrtorrents: 11:29am On Aug 07, 2011
Why is Gbawe and his crew hiding away from this? I thought it was only Ghanaians who said bad things about Nigeria,  Abeg respond to this la.

[b]SIR: I am compelled to write to express serious concern about a couple of statements by some top Nigerian officials about Ghana in recent weeks. Last month, Defence Minister Godwin Abbe was quoted as saying, "the volume of water generated in Ghana is not enough to flush toilets in Lagos State, the number of teachers you have to pay salaries in the whole of Ghana is not more than Western Nigeria so that is that. And the whole of Ghanaian Armed Forces, if you choose to know, is not more than just two brigades of the Nigerian Armed Forces, period."

Only last weekend, Education Minister Sam Egwu was on national radio talking about the ongoing ASUU strike, and he made the most ridiculous assertion that all the university lecturers in Ghana will not be adequate for a single university in Nigeria! This is a blatant falsehood. Anyone who had been to the University of Ghana Legon (with a student population of more than 40,000), can testify to the fact that probably no university in Nigeria has more space and facilities than Legon. And there are at least five more public universities in Ghana. There are also a dozen privately-owned universities in Ghana, offering quality education to Ghanaians and foreigners alike, including a growing number of Nigerians.

And in the case of the defence minister, we do not know where he got his information from regarding the current strength of the Ghana armed forces. Needless to say that the Ghanaian military is one of the best trained on the continent and had performed exceptionally well in various international assignments. The entire first generation of Nigerian military officers, including Generals Olusegun Obasanjo, Hassan Katsina and Adebayo were all trained in Ghana. Ghanaian army generals have commanded UN troops in Lebanon, Liberia, Rwanda, Darfur, etc over the years.

Information Minister Dora Akunyili also told a local television network at the end of August that the whole of Ghana is not even up to the size of Lagos! Even a child in kindergarten knows that to be untrue. Government officials, unlike private citizens, traditionally tend to be circumspect about what they say about other countries. Ghana is smaller than Nigeria, and I reckon everyone knows that as a fact. And it is certainly not the only country in the world that is smaller than Nigeria. Or is it? Or have Nigerian government officials only suddenly realised how 'small' Ghana is?

Our concern really is that such reckless and unguarded comments could have grave implications for bilateral relations and derail efforts by leaders of the two countries to forge strong bilateral ties. We think President Umaru Yar'Adua should call his ministers to order. The Ghana bashing must stop! Ghana is a well-respected member of the international community, and deserves respect from Nigerians, particularly top government officials.

Nana Yaw Aboagye, Ghana High Commission, Abuja, FCT Tools[/b]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-321101.0.html
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by cap28: 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2011
lol - really catchy tune - i actually found it really funny

we take ourselves way too seriously, for reasons that remain a mystery to me, nigeria has acheived nothing of note and is still regarded by the rest of the world as a banana republic with over 70% of its population living in abject poverty so i think we need to come down from our high horse.

some of the lyrics on this clip are true others are crap, but we hate hearing the truth thats why we will remain in a state of regression.

Also Nigerians are just as brainwashed as the Ghanaians who wrote the lyrics - for instance many nigerians worship western ideals and place the white man on a pedestal.

anyway in my opinion this song is just a bit of harmless fun  grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Rhino5dm: 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ghana Must GO!

Another batch of 21 Ghanaians has been deported from Nigeria, bringing the number so far deported on the orders of Nigerian two state governors to 45. The Nigerian High Commissioner in Accra, Mohammed Musiliu Obanikoro, has however frowned upon the action, promising to wade into it immediately. Earlier on July 14, 2011, 24 Ghanaians were arrested and deported to Ghana – unable to pick their belongings before the
unexpected action. The batch was made up of 21 men, 2 women and a girl. In both instances, the deportations were ordered by state governors in the most populous African country which runs a federal system in which foreign affairs, defence and internal affairs are the preserves of the federal government in Abuja. Details available to newsmen suggest that the latest bout of deportation saw the rounding up of 21 persons upon the orders of
the Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Mimiko, in Western Nigeria. The deportees were arrested on July 16, 2011 and kept in confinement without allowing them to pick their belongings until their
final forced exit from Nigeria a few days ago. With the thought of leaving their belongings behind pinching them, the deportees were taken to the Nigeria/Benin border by
road and handed over to the immigration authorities of that country. The Beninois authorities then moved the deportees to their country’s border with Togo, Hilla Kondji, from where they were
transported to the Togo/Ghana border of Aflao and handed over to Ghanaian authorities. Newsmen learnt that the deportees at this point were handed over to National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) in the Ketu North District of the Volta Region. Here, they were registered and taken through the standard procedure for deportees. It has emerged that no reason was
proffered for their arrest and subsequent deportation to Ghana. Ironically, more and more Nigerians, most of them without valid travel documents, continue to troop to Ghana for the purpose of
mostly sojourning here. Regarding the earlier deportation, Daily Guide was told that the Kwara State Governor who ordered the arrests did not also give
any reason for the action he ordered in the state capital of Ilorin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by redsun(m): 12:44pm On Aug 07, 2011
When i took my time to read the write ups of the ghanians about nigerians,i just wonder why nigerians are angry at it,it is pure comedy and something to laugh at.

They even suggested that eating hamburger and fries is better than eating pounded yam and egosi soup.

It is a write up of wannabes.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by publisher(m): 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Gbawe: My brother,you are the man jare. I have nothing against GHanaians,i know them too well,so i never take their guerilla xenophobia too seriously. Please dont be discouraged by some self-hating Nigerians you've encountered on this thread. Patriotism is not dead in Nigeria,its just that sometimes we have very high expectations of what Nigeria should be and when we dont achieve it due to government corruption,it gets frustrating. Unfortunately,many self-hating Nigerians dont know the difference between loving 'Nigeria,the country' and loving 'Nigerian government'. Our musicians have become a continental success and if u listen to their songs,they never miss an opportunity to hail Nigeria's greatness. These musician also sing about Nigeria's problems,but with a high sense of optimism for a better future(i recommend Sound Sultan's song 2010).

Most of the self-hating Nigerians u've met here are Ghanaians who were born and bred in Nigeria. many have assimilated into the yoruba cultures,unfortunately,growing up amongst Nigerians has still not helped them conquer their innate Ghanaian spirit of inferiority,thus Nairaland is an avenue to vent their frustrations. The other bona fide self hating Nigerians,who are pure breed naija,can be described as chronic failures,they'll never see anything good in themselves or in anybody. They fail in ANY country they find themselves in. And they always have an excuse for their failures.

Finally,i hope my post will mark an end to this thread,we have given many Ghanaians a sense of belonging by even mentioning them continously on our Nairaland. Ghanaians talk about Nigerians 24/7,in their homes,in the market,in their school and even in their sleep. When they see us devoting 15 pages talking about them,it gives them an erroneous impression that they are now on the same level with us.

SO LETS END THIS THREAD NOW!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2011
cap28:

lol - really catchy tune - i actually found it really funny

we take ourselves way too seriously, for reasons that remain a mystery to me, nigeria has acheived nothing of note and is still regarded by the rest of the world as a banana republic with over 70% of its population living in abject poverty so i think we need to come down from our high horse.

some of the lyrics on this clip are true others are crap, but we hate hearing the truth thats why we will remain in a state of regression.

Also Nigerians are just as brainwashed as the Ghanaians who wrote the lyrics - for instance many nigerians worship western ideals and place the white man on a pedestal.

anyway in my opinion this song is just a bit of harmless fun  grin

Not really. I just think folks like you can never understand why Nigerians , with actual experience of certain things, get riled up about some issues. A Nigerian who has never left Isale Eko may wonder "kini big deal" if Racist Russians pen a song about "bush Niggers" but of course the Nigerian Student in Russia, perhaps a real victim of Racism, cannot afford to be so naive when he has tasted the hatred behind the so-called humor.

A Nigerian actually left Ghana in a hurry when , after Ghana defeated Nigeria in a football match, a lynchmob actually gathered outside his house shouting "come out useless Nigerian" . He realised that the "friendly rivalry" was not so friendly afterall.

Anyway, you can say what you wan't . When a seasoned Nigerian diplomats can go on radio , in Ghana, to angrily defend ridiculous accusations against Nigerian student , motivated by a witch hunt mentality, then it is obvious Nigerians only "overreact" and "take themselves seriously" to people like you who do not have the slightest clue of what obtains on the ground in Ghana and are always predisposed to adjudge Nigerians to be in the wrong whatever the case.

Have you ever been to Ghana? Do you have any business interest there? I just laugh at your ignorance. You may have conventional intelligence but you lack the real experience that makes one an informed contributor. Ghana is one of the few place where ignorance is combined with total naivete to produce a totally offensive and reprehensible mix. It is in Ghana decency flies out of the window when Nigerians are the topic of discussion.

I was shocked when , with my own eyes and ears , I saw a so-called professional  commentator savaging Nigerians before the entire world in a show of shame !!! After we lost the U17 world cup final to Switzerland , the Ghanaian commentator , who should actually remain neutral in comment, said that he was happy Switzerland won because " we all know the unspoken truth about the age of the Nigerians"  shocked shocked shocked shocked You tell me the level of hatred that can prompt such abject lack of professionalism before the entire World !!! You cannot prove the age of the Nigerians yet you are judge and jury in alluding that the Nigerians are age cheats !!!! Sadly, this is the norm , and not the exception in Ghana.  It is shameful how Ghanaians childishly throw decorum to the wind  on radio show, talks shows and all sort of public forum to begin savaging Nigerians senselessly. You will see adults, politicians and learned individuals peddling inanities such as the notion that "there was no crime in Ghana before Nigerians and Liberians arrived".

Even Samini, one of their top musicians who happens to be very exposed, has had to defend Nigerians publicly. He was on a show and all the other Ghanaians , not wanting to give Nigerians credit as usual , where saying Nigerian music is crap and only popular in Ghana because the DJ's are partial to Nigerians. Samini had to tell them that they should "appreciate rather than hate" . He showed them that DJ's play what folks want to hear and that the popularity of Nigerian music is common across Africa . He gave example of how , whether it is Lome , Nairobi or Johannesburg, 4 out of every 6 dance floor hits will be from Nigerian artists !!! He even told them that some of them should go to Nigeria and "see for themselves" , rather than talk out of ignorance,  how far Nigerians have gone as per music production.

It is actual experience that make some Nigerians talk passionately rather than your assertion that "we take ourselves seriously" . Of course you have nothing to lose because you don't know Ghana and have no interest there so you can come into a debate and, as usual, automatically berate Nigeria. Your argument is always the same i.e our country stinks, "we have achieved nothing of note" (according to you), population in abject poverty, yadi, yadi, yada so therefore we are always wrong regardless of the case being presented.

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by publisher(m): 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Gbawe: My brother,you are the man jare. I have nothing against GHanaians,i know them too well,so i never take their guerilla xenophobia too seriously. Please dont be discouraged by some self-hating Nigerians you've encountered on this thread. Patriotism is not dead in Nigeria,its just that sometimes we have very high expectations of what Nigeria should be and when we dont achieve it due to government corruption,it gets frustrating. Unfortunately,many self-hating Nigerians dont know the difference between loving 'Nigeria,the country' and loving 'Nigerian government'. Our musicians have become a continental success and if u listen to their songs,they never miss an opportunity to hail Nigeria's greatness. These musician also sing about Nigeria's problems,but with a high sense of optimism for a better future(i recommend Sound Sultan's song 2010).

Most of the self-hating Nigerians u've met here are Ghanaians who were born and bred in Nigeria. many have assimilated into the yoruba cultures,unfortunately,growing up amongst Nigerians has still not helped them conquer their innate Ghanaian spirit of inferiority,thus Nairaland is an avenue to vent their frustrations. The other bona fide self hating Nigerians,who are pure breed naija,can be described as chronic failures,they'll never see anything good in themselves or in anybody. They fail in ANY country they find themselves in. And they always have an excuse for their failures.

Finally,i hope my post will mark an end to this thread,we have given many Ghanaians a sense of belonging by even mentioning them continously on our Nairaland. Ghanaians talk about Nigerians 24/7,in their homes,in the market,in their school and even in their sleep. When they see us devoting 15 pages talking about them,it gives them an erroneous impression that they are now on the same level with us.

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by nyameke: 1:48pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Gbawe really how old are cus your reasoning is just plain embecilic and stupid. you re like a child in a man's body, a zombie and a flip flopper wrapped in one. john kerry would be so proud of you. son your stupid. so now its not about feeling good and representing and investing in other people countries but You want to tell the other side of the story which according to you is the good things nigerians are doing in other countries(investing  while nigeria keeps going back and degenerating? According to you nigerians know they have problems but they d rather go invest in ghana and let nigeria descend into a hell hole and forget about the 90mil people huh? wow. you keep saying we know our problems bla bla bla. when is it going to be we know our SOLUTIONS! you monkeey. i really dont get how some of you reason. oh we are enterprising and smart lets leave 70 percent of our population suffering for survival and rather invest in other countries, Instead of being grateful to these countries for giving you and environment condusive for business and allowing you to invest to make some good profits You d rather they praise you for investing cus you think you doing them a favor, stupidity at it peak. i would hate to be your friend cus you re one cry baby i swear. man up sissy
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by kikuyu1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
I haven't read all this !sht but HAHAAHAAHA!! Here are 2 of the funniest things in the world:
-the strange sex habits of foreigners
-the worlds strongest pygmy contest

So this is the second funniest thing in the world. Fyi,both Ugandans and TZs say the same about us-loud,uncouth,monopolising in business and aggressive. Having been to both countries and compared, I do agree. I've not been to Naija or Ghana but have met both and can understand the sentiments of both.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by nyameke: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
Hoodrat:

At Nyameka and all the Gaynanains on this thread UH, i thought this was a Africoon hating page? undecided where da F are the real upstanding real  who would make fun of these loser coons?you man-lover dork precipitate backs but your all a bunch of faget losers and its because of computer geeks like you that this thread even manages to have that smell its because your all a bunch of smouldering "twats"Ill bet non of the Gaynians guys on here even know what a "foot ball" is but Ill bet your well aware of the meaning behind circle? you guys are man-lover to me talking bout you managing  50 percent of your  S H I T People above poverty level that S H I T is a F U C K I NG LIE cuz we still got your brothers and ssisters  hawcking puff puff and selling gaynians ogogoro ad their smelling nasty p u s s y every blessed day in nigeria so dont be decieve and hey your curency is way behind time cuz it bring forth badluck to investors. F U C K  you you are all porchmunkys. I hate you mutherfuckers. and  it really doesnt F U C K I N G matter, Why dont you shove my typoes up your"S H I T" Bottom and shut the F U C K up you"uneducated"grin I C K wad?Ill bet you over looked my point too didnt you?you slow precipitate guzzling P U S S Y or did I spell something wrong? to 5 beneath FRY A BANANA smile AND SLAP IT IN YOUR MOUTH BEFORE YOU SPEAK. ONE MORE THING, STOP TALKING SO LOUD TO PEOPLE THAT ARE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. FOOD STAMP bleeps. WELFARE WET BACKS. THANK GOD EVERYDAY THAT YOU WERE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY ALTHOUGH YOU DON'T TAKE IT TO BE CIVILIZED THANKS. ADIOS FUCKOS
ok HOODRAT abi naijaRAT you have said your piece now run along and grab your food stamps and head back to the projects where you belong, bye bye
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2011
publisher:

Thank you my good man for your kind words. It is just amusing sometimes to see the double standards, self-hatred and hypocrisy from Nigerians. Some Nairaland , in this thread, both male and female, being flippant and saying "this is no big deal" are the biggest ethnic Voltrons on this forum !!! Say anything against Yoruba folks and you can expect to find them there cursing others. Those people , save for hypocrisy, should therefore understand "the big deal" .

Trust me when I say no half-decent Nigerian goes to Ghana without being put in a position of having to defend our Nation when the accusations become too ridiculous, too personal too false and too deliberately malicious !! No Nigerian spoke more glowingly of  Ghana than Dele Momodu. Today, Dele Momodu , is constantly having to defend Nigerians against "outrightly false and preposterous" accusations.

It is like Nairaland. You can come here wanting to chat yet , before long, you are forced to defend your ethnic group when someone claims you all eat flesh and are responsible for all the child trafficking in Nigeria. It is completely the same with Ghana but I am happy to leave folks to their ignorance. We don't seem to understand that one thing holding back Africa back is how , unlike the West, we are usually not bothered about certain things until we are affected directly. To that extent I really don't give a toss about those saying "kini big deal" out of sheer ignorance of what obtains on the ground in Ghana . At least I am consistent in speaking against discrimination rather than the ethnic Voltrons who only get worked up when the "fight" is against Igbos, Yorubas et al.

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by publisher(m): 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2011
@nyameke: If according to you,90million Nigerians are living below poverty line, out of a population of about 150 million,it kinda means that about 60million Nigerians are not doing too badly,right?, That's over twice Ghana's population,not too bad. Get this into your silly head,most of the big Nigerian companies in Ghana have their head quarters and branches in and around Nigerian cities. Also,i suggest you visit Gambia,Sao tome,Benin,Togo etc you'll see more Nigerian companies there. So what are we doing for our 90million 'poor' people? Well,take the chinese for example,about 500 million chinese live below the poverty line,yet you see chinese companies in all parts of the world. These global companies are established strictly with the intention to make profits, and these profits goes back to motherland China. Same with Nigerian companies in Ghana,all their profits returns to Nigeria and is used to expand and grow their businesses in Nigeria,in doing this more jobs are created for our 'unemployed' Nigerians. But i'm sure you dont understand half of what i've just explained, that's the effect of too much kenkey.

Fellow Nairalanders,let's END this thread. Mr Moderator,over to you!

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2011
publisher:

@nyameke: If according to you,90million Nigerians are living below poverty line, out of a population of about 150 million,it kinda means that about 60million Nigerians are not doing too badly,right?, That's over twice Ghana's population,not too bad. [b]Get this into your silly head,most of the big Nigerian companies in Ghana have their head quarters and branches in and around Nigerian cities. Also,i suggest you visit Gambia,Sao tome,Benin,Togo etc you'll see more Nigerian companies there. So what are we doing for our 90million 'poor' people? Well,take the chinese for example,about 500 million chinese live below the poverty line,yet you see chinese companies in all parts of the world. These global companies are established strictly with the intention to make profits, and these profits goes back to motherland China. Same with Nigerian companies in Ghana,all their profits returns to Nigeria and is used to expand and grow their businesses in Nigeria,[/b]in doing this more jobs are created for our 'unemployed' Nigerians. But i'm sure you dont understand half of what i've just explained, that's the effect of too much kenkey.

Fellow Nairalanders,let's this thread. Mr Moderator,over to you!

My brother, you do know that this chap is a stark illiterate who was educated under a tree? All your excellent points are lost on him and others like him !!!!

Facts fly above the head of people like him to be replaced by conjecture and general nonsense. The typical argument of hateful Ghanaians like him involves an attempt at belittling what obtains in Nigeria while totally ignoring how , regardless of what is going on in Nigeria, nothing can detract from how Nigerians can still be praised for their achievement in Ghana even the owners of the country cannot match. This is the real problem of most Ghanaians . They have no problem with "Obroni" , as per their slavish worship of everything white, making money in Ghana but they are extremely peeved that Nigerians can successfully carry out the type of organised business most Ghanaians can only view with envy.

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by cap28: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2011
Gbawe:

Not really. I just think folks like you can never understand why Nigerians , with actual experience of certain things, get riled up about some issues. A Nigerian who has never left Isale Eko may wonder "kini big deal" if Racist Russians pen a song about "bush Niggers" but of course the Nigerian Student in Russia, perhaps a real victim of Racism, cannot afford to be so naive when he has tasted the hatred behind the so-called humor.

If nigerians had any sense of nationalistic pride they would make nigeria a country worth living in, they would make like the south africans AND THROW OFF THE YOKE OF WESTERN IMPERIALISM - thats what i call courage, not making a nuisance of yourself in other countries around the world while your own nation is a cess pit of violence, corruption, greed and tribalism, there is no point bragging about how great you are when you have nothing concrete to point to by way of collective acheivement in your own country.  Your nation is run by a bunch of criminals who oppress and murder their own people and you have the balls to expect people to respect you - give me a break!!

A Nigerian actually left Ghana in a hurry when , after Ghana defeated Nigeria in a football match, a lynchmob actually gathered outside his house shouting "come out useless Nigerian" . He realised that the "friendly rivalry" was not so friendly afterall.

Why did he run away to Ghana in the first place, why cant he be a man and stay and make his country a place worth running to, you are a guest in another man's country and you still have the animal boldness to be raising up shoulders - why? if you are so great why leave your own country to make a living in someone else's?

Anyway, you can say what you wan't . When a seasoned Nigerian diplomats can go on radio , in Ghana, to angrily defend ridiculous accusations against Nigerian student , motivated by a witch hunt mentality, then it is obvious Nigerians only "overreact" and "take themselves seriously" to people like you who do not have the slightest clue of what obtains on the ground in Ghana and are always predisposed to adjudge Nigerians to be in the wrong whatever the case.

That witchunt mentality as  you call it is present amongst not only ghanaians but other africans who correctly view nigerians as arrogant, i can understand a south african who has actually stood up to fight for what is rightfully his or even a zimbabwean but not a nigerian - why? because nigerians to date (possibly with the exception of the igbos) have not fought for jackshit and therefore are totally undeserving of respect from anyone, at least the ghanaians produced kwame nkrumah and jerry rawlings, who have we produced IBB, Obasanjo - people who sold us into the second phase of slavery courtesy of the IMF? bros please dont get me started.

Have you ever been to Ghana? Do you have any business interest there? I just laugh at your ignorance. You may have conventional intelligence but you lack the real experience that makes one an informed contributor. Ghana is one of the few place where ignorance is combined with total naivete to produce a totally offensive and reprehensible mix. It is in Ghana decency flies out of the window when Nigerians are the topic of discussion.

ARe you not ashamed of whining on about another man's country? why dont you use your own country as a yardstick, ghanaians have every right to feel the way they feel - it is their country - how did we treat them when they lived in nigeria?

I was shocked when , with my own eyes and ears , I saw a so-called professional  commentator savaging Nigerians before the entire world in a show of shame !!! After we lost the U17 world cup final to Switzerland , the Ghanaian commentator , who should actually remain neutral in comment, said that he was happy Switzerland won because " we all know the unspoken truth about the age of the Nigerians"  shocked shocked shocked shocked You tell me the level of hatred that can prompt such abject lack of professionalism before the entire World !!! You cannot prove the age of the Nigerians yet you are judge and jury in alluding that the Nigerians are age cheats !!!! Sadly, this is the norm , and not the exception in Ghana.  It is shameful how Ghanaians childishly throw decorum to the wind  on radio show, talks shows and all sort of public forum to begin savaging Nigerians senselessly. You will see adults, politicians and learned individuals peddling inanities such as the notion that "there was no crime in Ghana before Nigerians and Liberians arrived".

The truth is bitter, we like to pretend that we live exemplary lives, but the reality is we dont, yes, nigerian footballers lie about their age - just look at most of the so called premier league footballers who are in their 40s but still claiming to be in their 20s - you are in complete denial, the sad truth is that you are fooling no-one else but yourself.

Even Samini, one of their top musicians who happens to be very exposed, has had to defend Nigerians publicly. He was on a show and all the other Ghanaians , not wanting to give Nigerians credit as usual , where saying Nigerian music is crap and only popular in Ghana because the DJ's are partial to Nigerians. Samini had to tell them that they should "appreciate rather than hate" . He showed them that DJ's play what folks want to hear and that the popularity of Nigerian music is common across Africa . He gave example of how , whether it is Lome , Nairobi or Johannesburg, 4 out of every 6 dance floor hits will be from Nigerian artists !!! He even told them that some of them should go to Nigeria and "see for themselves" , rather than talk out of ignorance,  how far Nigerians have gone as per music production.

With the exception of Fela Anikulapo Kuti i cant really think of any nigerian musician who really made a mark on the world stage in the music arena in terms of originality and creativity, the current crop of nigerian musicians are wanna be african americans with zero talent.

It is actual experience that make some Nigerians talk passionately rather than your assertion that "we take ourselves seriously" . Of course you have nothing to lose because you don't know Ghana and have no interest there so you can come into a debate and, as usual, automatically berate Nigeria. Your argument is always the same i.e our country stinks, "we have achieved nothing of note" (according to you), population in abject poverty, yadi, yadi, yada so therefore we are always wrong regardless of the case being presented.  

Our country stinks, that is a fact, there is no unity, there is no serious discourse about moving forward and there is no serious plan to get rid of the cancerous western puppets that are destroying nigeria - that in my book equals to failure.

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by jrtorrents: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Gbawe
when ill you respond to my post above?
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by publisher(m): 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2011
@ cap28,in all you've said,the only failure here is YOU.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by redsun(m): 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2011
cap28:

If nigerians had any sense of nationalistic pride they would make nigeria a country worth living in, they would make like the south africans AND THROW OFF THE YOKE OF WESTERN IMPERIALISM - thats what i call courage, not making a nuisance of yourself in other countries around the world while your own nation is a cess pit of violence, corruption, greed and tribalism, there is no point bragging about how great you are when you have nothing concrete to point to by way of collective acheivement in your own country.  Your nation is run by a bunch of criminals who oppress and murder their own people and you have the balls to expect people to respect you - give me a break!!

Why did he run away to Ghana in the first place, why cant he be a man and stay and make his country a place worth running to, you are a guest in another man's country and you still have the animal boldness to be raising up shoulders - why? if you are so great why leave your own country to make a living in someone else's?

That witchunt mentality as  you call it is present amongst not only ghanaians but other africans who correctly view nigerians as arrogant, i can understand a south african who has actually stood up to fight for what is rightfully his or even a zimbabwean but not a nigerian - why? because nigerians to date (possibly with the exception of the igbos) have not fought for jackshit and therefore are totally undeserving of respect from anyone, at least the ghanaians produced kwame nkrumah and jerry rawlings, who have we produced IBB, Obasanjo - people who sold us into the second phase of slavery courtesy of the IMF? bros please dont get me started.

ARe you not ashamed of whining on about another man's country? why dont you use your own country as a yardstick, ghanaians have every right to feel the way they feel - it is their country - how did we treat them when they lived in nigeria?

The truth is bitter, we like to pretend that we live exemplary lives, but the reality is we dont, yes, nigerian footballers lie about their age - just look at most of the so called premier league footballers who are in their 40s but still claiming to be in their 20s - you are in complete denial, the sad truth is that you are fooling no-one else but yourself.

With the exception of Fela Anikulapo Kuti i cant really think of any nigerian musician who really made a mark on the world stage in the music arena in terms of originality and creativity, the current crop of nigerian musicians are wanna be african americans with zero talent.

Our country stinks, that is a fact, there is no unity, there is no serious discourse about moving forward and there is no serious plan to get rid of the cancerous western puppets that are destroying nigeria - that in my book equals to failure.

I can't help but commend your comments.You just said as it is.It is not like ghanians are ideal models but we are not better either

We don't have a defined system to build on.Our intelligence as a system seems to centre more on who is more intelligently crooked.

Honestly ghanians probably would have done better with the kind of resources we have.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2011
cap28:

I don't even know what to say to all what you wrote above but wow !! You go around the forum pretending to be smart yet you can write this:

not making a nuisance of yourself in other countries around the world

So Nigerians are "making a nuisance of themselves in Ghana" ? Egbami !!! See ignorance . Very obvious you are one of those who contend that Nigerians do no good at all and should be accorded no dignity whatsoever !!! Adolf hitler once argued same about jews and Black folks and we all know what the world, except demented folks, think of him!!!!

We see further ignorance here also.

and this :

Most of what you wrote above just show you are autocratic and not really bright at all. We should all aspire for our Nations, and indeed the world, to be a place where decent folks can carry on their business without discrimination. No one genuinely bright, exposed and reasonable can begin to justify patently wrong behaviour in the wild manner you are doing here and with total conjecture. You prefer to claim someone "ran away" to Ghana when this chap was actually working in Ghana with his Nigerian Company. A predisposition to thinking the worst of your own people, combined with your intolerant talk shows a very ugly and ignorant disdain for the right of human being to be accorded dignity.

What you write below gives a vital clue to what your real problem is and your patently unreasonable hatred of Nigerians to the extent you prefer to rant against them intolerantly even when they are victims.

because nigerians to date (possibly with the exception of the igbos) have not fought for jackshit and therefore are totally undeserving of respect from anyone

You are not even able to give credit where it is due. You claim ungraciously that Nigerian musician have "zero talent" , in trying to malign Nigeria, yet you do not realize that in saying that you are also knocking the entire continent because , right now, Nigerian music is virtually the most popular and most acclaimed in Africa. The awards confirm it too with Nigeria consistently winning 90% of awards at the African MTV award.

Rather than knock the Sports Commentator who went far beyond his remit and shamed his profession you praise him because "the truth is bitter". Is Ghana never guilty of age cheating ? Or are you in support of hypocrisy, double standards and always pointing a finger at others when we too are not without guilt? The central issue of gross Professional misconduct is totally lost on you as long it is Nigerians being maligned . You foolishly , in your haste to justify all wrongdoing against Nigerians, fail to understand that unfounded accusation should be something for the beer parlor and not live TV to be seen throughout the World!!!! If Obama said all Nigerians are killers you will probably defend him without understanding that such talk should not come from a President saddled with the duty of promoting peace and harmony !!!!

And look at the disgraceful nonsense from you below:

at least the ghanaians produced kwame nkrumah and jerry rawlings, who have we produced IBB, Obasanjo - people who sold us into the second phase of slavery courtesy of the IMF? bros please dont get me started.

You are just arguing your way backward simply because you are committed to maligning Nigeria unfairly - and I know why.  Why mention Nkrumah and Rawlings for Ghana and IBB and OBJ for Nigeria as if both Countries don't produce good and bad ? You are beyond redemption. Sorry .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Ike Enweremadu Visits Orji Uzor Kalu (Photos) / Politicians At Osubi Airport To Welcome Ibori (Photos) / Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.