Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin (8107 Views)

FG To Remove State Of Origin / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2011
Deep Sight:

9jaganja said -

Funny thing is despite arguing vociferously against the idea, you fail to recognise that your statement in this quote exactly supports the idea and is the very same thing as the idea espouses.

Funny.

You forgot to note that it says 6months!! It takes birth or more than 6months to be a Yoruba or any other tribe in Nigeria,

You are using US as example when in fact the US acculturate you and assimilates you before you can ever hold any public position, Ask Americans if they will vote for anyone with heavy accent or weird accent no American, I can even tell who is Canadian from American base on Accent,

The US makes sure you are one with them first, This bill will not promote unity instead it will promote ethnic grieve, Look at the stupidity of the bill first before you support it, I can come from any village in Nigeria and live in Ibadan for 6months then start trying to rule? To do that, you must have a propaganda first!!

I don't support the bill an inch unless the official languages become native languages of states and name change should be promoted so if you wanna live in Lagos, be Yoruba, If you wanna live in Abonema, be Kalabari etc, ! Not come for six months for the sake of ruling,
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Rossikk(m): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2011
Fantastic proposal by President Jonathan. Also, the LG funding issue - straight from federation account, NOT from state govt 'change'.

That alone will transform the country for the better.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by SamOgasco(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2011
I beg make dem pass the bill quick quick, because I be tipical Urhobo guy wey no fit wait to becom the next Lagos Stat numba 1 citizen for the next 7 years if the propose 7 years single term is approved, and if not I go manage to govern Lagos State for 4 years. There after i go come relocate to Oyo State and stay there for another 6 to 12 months, so that I will be also entitled to rule that state for at least anoda 4 years also.

So, just like that like that, i go rule the whole 36 states of the federation, before i come show up for the presidential ticket. I think all i need to do as stated in the constitution if approved by the National Assembly, is just to ensure say at least i don live and stay for that particular states for up to 6 months and above. I pray they approve and stamp the bill asap o!

I beg Lagoscians, se me an Urhobo guy bcoming your next governor after the passage of the bill o. LOL.

1 Like

Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by ak47mann(m): 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2011
After fashola i believe that igbos will govern Lagos state at list for another 8yrs b4 any other tribe takes over, it should be rotational, that way the country can unite very well mix very well Yorubas love us so much/but at the same time they cant help to bad belle us too, they all want igbo gene in them,so i think the best way to go for it is to allow igbos to rule Lagos States for 8 years minimum cool cool
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2011
G

1 Like

Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by ak47mann(m): 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2011
9jaganja:

@ deepsight

You talk about oil building lagos but you don't wanna talk about Lagos paying back whatever it owed FG with the seaport!!! 600billion bucks a year!!! Are you being serious right now? If Lagos can have that to it's self, things will be good!

Lagos was built with cocoa money uptill the 60s while all tribes in Nigeria were using the seaport to transfer their goods, Are you being serious? Lagos owes you all nothing!! You owe Lagos, if you keep having that mentality of it was the capital for whatever, you are a sore loser who wants what ain't yours even though it is shared with you already!!!!

The whole nation was feeding off the seaport and you can still open your stooopid mouth to say Lagos was built with oil?

Who said all Nigeria built Lagos? When all Yorubas were making their land habitable while the brits and Portuguese were playing racism, where were you "Lagos is a no man's land eeediots?" Where? yeah that's right, in your village, Now the Yorubas collectively built a successful city, you nut jobs want to come and "rule" ? Live in Lagos, die in Lagos or anywhere in Yoruba land, just stay out of Yoruba politics, Your people can be sacked if your we must rule mentality continues,

"oil built lagos" why can't oil build another Lagos? "Igbos built Lagos" why can't they build it in Enugu? The sea port has helped Nigeria by more than 60% of it's fake existence, yet no credit to the people who weren't boko haraming your asses, Instead of credit you think they should be dominated in their own land, We are talking of a people coming from civilization to civilization,

The entire Yoruba race is made up of the people they accomodated and became Yoruba not those who want to rule! nut jobs!!

BOLDED SO WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE CLAIMING NO MANS LAND AFTER OTHERS HAVE CONTRIBUTED A LOT IN LAGOS STATE?
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by daroz(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2011
SamOgasco:

I beg make dem pass the bill quick quick, because I be tipical Urhobo guy wey no fit wait to becom the next Lagos Stat numba 1 citizen for the next 7 years if the propose 7 years single term is approved, and if not I go manage to govern Lagos State for 4 years. There after i go come relocate to Oyo State and stay there for another 6 to 12 months, so that I will be also entitled to rule that state for at least anoda 4 years also.

So, just like that like that, i go rule the whole 36 states of the federation, before i come show up for the presidential ticket. I think all i need to do as stated in the constitution if approved by the National Assembly, is just to ensure say at least i don live and stay for that particular states for up to 6 months and above. I pray they approve and stamp the bill asap o!

I beg Lagoscians, se me an Urhobo guy bcoming your next governor after the passage of the bill o. LOL.

What a childish talk. Infact how old are u?
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2011
ak47mann:

BOLDED SO WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE CLAIMING NO MANS LAND AFTER OTHERS HAVE CONTRIBUTED A LOT IN LAGOS STATE?

What did others contribute ? Fyi,they only come their make money and nothing else.Don't tell me Abuja was also build by ''other peoples'' contribution !
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2011
ak47mann:

Contributed what to Lagos? congestion? no one needs that,

Whatever you contributed to Lagos, has been paid in the profits you made in Lagos, Simple, now if you want to maximize that profit, know your place!!!

Go to woro pedro and say Lagos is a no man's land!!!! See if you will come back alive!
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by daroz(m): 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2011
9jaganja:

You forgot to note that it says 6months!! It takes birth or more than 6months to be a Yoruba or any other tribe in Nigeria,
In my opinion, i dont think 6months is enough, 3 to 4years wont be a bad ideal
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2011
SOUTH WEST=IGBO
SOUTH EAST= IGBO
NORTH CENTRAL = IGBO
SOME PARTS OF CORE NORTH = IGBO
SOME PARTS OF SOUTH SOUTH =IGBO
WAHALA DEY grin grin grin
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2011
daroz:

In my opinion, i dont think 6months is enough, 3 to 4years wont be a bad ideal

Meaning that i can contest for the title of oba of benin in the future abi since i have lived there for 4 years !
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Arosa(m): 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Meaning that i can contest for the title of oba of benin in the future abi since i have lived there for 4 years !

So if the position of the Oba was available and can be contested you will want to be Oba? you no dey fear? angry grin
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by meine: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2011
why is there so much tribalism on nairaland?
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by daroz(m): 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Sorry bro, that position is not contestable smiley
. . . . . . if not, the Igbinadions go for done hijack am since.
its not like that of the Yorubas lipsrsealed
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2011
Arosa:

So if the position of the Oba was available and can be contested you will want to be Oba? you no dey fear? angry grin

Yes o,no more tribalism,no state of origin,no federal character,no nepotism,no hereditary of monarchical positions etc,Naija is going to be a beautiful country.so i like to rule bini people so i can annex them with oyo kingdom. grin
daroz:

Sorry bro, that position is not contestable smiley
. . . . . . if not, the Igbinadions go for done hijack am since.
its not like that of the Yorubas lipsrsealed

No, the law will neutralize any obstacle,so i can become anything in nigeria !
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2011
this is a good idea! but i believe the months got to be extend!
atleast there will be people who are nigerians!
i cant see any negative effect on this apart from the dying of few minority group but if you look at europe 4 eg there are some minority tribe in europe yet you dont complain as we do! most even adopt english lang etc
that s the world for you
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by maclatunji: 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2011
At present there is no law that says that a non-Yoruba cannot be Governor in Lagos. It is just a construct created by people. The constitution cannot compel citizens to vote for a person from a particular tribe for Governor or any other position for that matter. This is just a bribe to smuggle the 6 year single term tenure into the constitution.

This is ideal but as always our leaders have turned it into something else.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Arosa(m): 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Yes o,no more tribalism,no state of origin,no federal character,no nepotism,no hereditary of monarchical positions etc,Naija is going to be a beautiful country.so i like to rule bini people so i can annex them with oyo kingdom. grin
No, the law will neutralize any obstacle,so i can become anything in nigeria !

if you are Oromiyan incarnate feel free, but if not. sorry.  grin grin grin
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2011
Arosa:

if you are Oromiyan incarnate feel free, but if not. sorry.  grin grin grin

You cannot marginalize me.I must rule bini if this bill becomes nigerian law.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by daroz(m): 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

You cannot marginalize me.I must rule bini if this bill becomes nigerian law.

Law or no law, looking at ur profile picture, I think u are already over qualified. Carry go bro. grin
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by okadaman2: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2011
After I share out of the Oil money in Bayelsa, my next goal is to become the Emir of Kano

. . . Then Sultan of Sokoto.

I have a dream. .
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by okadaman2: 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
I have a dream:

I have a dream that one day my first Igbo son will become the Emir of Zazzau.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by aljharem3: 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

see dreams smiley smiley smiley smiley cool

one said sultan igbo/yoruba

another said igbo oba

next yoruba governor of anambra grin grin grin grin
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by ak47mann(m): 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2011
me i want to rule borno state help them eliminate boko harams after my tenure i will become emir of Kano so that i can have wazobia wives ;d this is good tongue tongue
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by DeepSight(m): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2011
9jaganja:

@ deepsight

You talk about oil building lagos but you don't wanna talk about Lagos paying back whatever it owed FG with the seaport!!! 600billion bucks a year!!! Are you being serious right now? If Lagos can have that to it's self, things will be good!

Lagos was built with cocoa money uptill the 60s while all tribes in Nigeria were using the seaport to transfer their goods, Are you being serious? Lagos owes you all nothing!! You owe Lagos, if you keep having that mentality of it was the capital for whatever, you are a sore loser who wants what ain't yours even though it is shared with you already!!!!

The whole nation was feeding off the seaport and you can still open your stooopid mouth to say Lagos was built with oil?

Who said all Nigeria built Lagos? When all Yorubas were making their land habitable while the brits and Portuguese were playing racism, where were you "Lagos is a no man's land eeediots?" Where? yeah that's right, in your village, Now the Yorubas collectively built a successful city, you nut jobs want to come and "rule" ? Live in Lagos, die in Lagos or anywhere in Yoruba land, just stay out of Yoruba politics, Your people can be sacked if your we must rule mentality continues,

"oil built lagos" why can't oil build another Lagos? "Igbos built Lagos" why can't they build it in Enugu? The sea port has helped Nigeria by more than 60% of it's fake existence, yet no credit to the people who weren't boko haraming your asses, Instead of credit you think they should be dominated in their own land, We are talking of a people coming from civilization to civilization,

The entire Yoruba race is made up of the people they accomodated and became Yoruba not those who want to rule! nut jobs!!

My dear, I am sure there was nothing insulting in anything that i wrote to you, and so I wonder why you are dripping with so many insults for me.

If you believe that Lagos is the exclusive product of Yoruba resources and industry, and that its role as Nigeria's Federal Capital did nothing to develop it, I will leave that up to you.

Cheers.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 08, 2011
daroz:

Law or no law, looking at your profile picture, I think u are already over qualified. Carry go bro. grin

there is nothing you can say that will make me change my mind.Bini monarchy will be open to all just like the presidency.no more primogeniture,i must be come oba of bini if the law is passes !
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Reference(m): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2011
Fair idea if it can work. Right now with a lot of cross-cultural family unions the whole thing called state of origin for some is becoming grievous.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by NegroNtns(m): 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2011
Bluetooth,
Ibos say you can become next "Dim Ikemba Bluetooth". Lol!
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Bluetooth,
Ibos say you can become next "Dim Ikemba Bluetooth". Lol!

I will be glad provided they are going to value me like they worship ojuku.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by sbeezy8: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2011
not really a big deal about Lagos

i mean unless you can move 20-40 million yoruba out of the SW  or stop them all from going to lagos than- its highly unlikely that a non yoruba will be gov anytime soon without the support of yorubas themselves including surrounding states.

or do you think ibo hausa ijaw can become govenor or move to lagos before an ogun kwara or oyo? internet losers are unrealistic

nothing stop any non yoruba from contesting in lagos as they did in the last three elections so what changes now?
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2011
F

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NJC To Investigate Corrupt Judges / Biafra: See What Is Happening At Onitsha Anambra State / Police Take Over Edo Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.