Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,759 members, 7,820,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin (8106 Views)

FG To Remove State Of Origin / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: alj_harem
Wrong. He is actually Nigerian  . . .though with Okoro swag.  cool

ROTFLMAO!!! What swag? grin
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Onlytruth(m): 5:53am On Aug 08, 2011
Posted by: Ileke-IdI

ROTFLMAO!!! What swag?

Well, you know how we roll. cool
Check out Mike Ezuruonye of Nollywood. If you have seen him, you have seen it! grin
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by okadaman2: 5:54am On Aug 08, 2011
An Hausa man with Igbo swag is one of the greatest human specimen known to nature.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

Well, you know how we roll.  cool
Check out Mike Ezuruonye of Nollywood. If you have seen him, you have seen it! grin

If that's how you roll, then you shouldnt mention any  swag again, pertaining to Nigerian men. Mike is worse than Desmond Eliot. Nollywood ragamuffins.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Onlytruth(m): 6:00am On Aug 08, 2011

If that's how you roll, then you shouldnt mention any  swag again, pertaining to Nigerian men. Mike is worse than Desmond Eliot. Nollywood ragamuffins

Anyway, you get my drift. Mike is the typical "in your face" kinda Okoro. Love him for it!  cool
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Onlytruth(m): 6:03am On Aug 08, 2011
The point of this thread though is that no one knows what a "Nigerian" would be until this law passes and is implemented.
We have been wasting one another's time for the past 50something odd years without it.
I say we go for it boldly. cool
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Obiagu1(m): 6:03am On Aug 08, 2011
okada_man:

Bros. I no dey take this thing play o, UN wan force shell to pay billions, you better go rent house for Ogoniland  lipsrsealed

Me I don claim Yenagoa

Na true talk oo!
It be like say I go head down to Eleme make I claim my share.
No be small money be dat.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Obiagu1(m): 6:05am On Aug 08, 2011
Why are Yorubas so worried about Lagos?
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by okadaman2: 6:07am On Aug 08, 2011
^
correct guy. Me I'm from Oloibiri village in Ogbia local government area of Bayelsa state.

Nigeria Na my country oo, Bayelsa Na my state oo.

I don abandon Lagos-Igboland for now.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Onlytruth(m): 6:11am On Aug 08, 2011
Posted by: okada_man

^
correct guy. Me I'm from Oloibiri village in Ogbia local government area of Bayelsa state.

Well, me I'm still from Anambra state.
Nna akurum kom kom na Anambra ! Notin mega!  cool
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Obiagu1(m): 6:12am On Aug 08, 2011
okada_man:

^

Walahi, no be today you start to plan this thing. You don even get village join, kai!
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Obiagu1(m): 6:18am On Aug 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: okada_man
Well, me I'm still from Anambra state.
Nna akurum kom kom na Anambra ! Notin mega!  cool

Make you dey there. Anambra na story I go tell my kids say na there we once hail from.
If the billion billion enter Eleme, I don dey there already to claim my share.

One Naija 4life.  cool
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by ektbear: 8:25am On Aug 08, 2011
Interesting. We shall see.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by jayflex: 8:44am On Aug 08, 2011
Novel idea but are we ready for it.I would have preferred 10 years residency as pre-qualification
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by PointB: 11:20am On Aug 08, 2011
This is a bold move by GEJ; a nice way to eliminate the scourge of tribalism from Nigeria.
Hausa and Yoruba man, who long to be governors in Igboland, here is your chance! Likewise Igboman who wants to rule Lagos and Kano, the path is getting clearer. For Nigeria to move forward, tribalism must end.

Kudo FG.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by zmoni: 11:24am On Aug 08, 2011
If you live, school and work in a state, that your state. we have to move on in life, ethnicity is killing naija.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by luluosas(m): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2011
Buhari campaigned with this in the open, yet, Nigerians never believed him. It is a pity.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 08, 2011
nice one from Mr. GEJ the president
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 08, 2011
zmoni:

If you live, school  and work in a state, that your state. we have to move on in life, ethnicity is killing naija.
If na by that one,i'm already an indigene of ogun,Abuja,lagos,and benin,my plan is to become a son of the soil in core ijawland of bayelsa where i can get my own direct share of ND oil through bunkering and amnesty and,also imo state where my governorship ambition lies.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by PointB: 11:49am On Aug 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

If na by that one,i'm already an indigene of ogun,Abuja,lagos,and benin,my plan is to become a son of the soil in core ijawland of bayelsa where i can get my own direct share of ND oil through bunkering and amnesty and,also imo state where my governorship ambition lies.

Carry on. Joke apart, Nigeria should be a country when one can aspire to be what he wants to be whenever without having his/her motive call into question. Enough of this tribal stuff. Can we just get along, please!
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2011
Who told you i was joking ? You just wait for the passage of that bill and see what will happen.I MUST BECOME THE GOVERNOR OF IMO STATE by all means and my fellow ibos must support.Abi we no be one naija again ?
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by KnowAll(m): 11:57am On Aug 08, 2011
In theory any Nigerian can claim any state, in practise there is more to be desired than meets the eye.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by freepeople: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2011
nice one!
I'll keep my fingers crossed lipsrsealed
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by tblacker(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2011
undecided
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2011
KnowAll:

In theory any Nigerian can claim any state, in practise there is more to be desired than meets the eye.

Yes i know my limit,so i won't claim boko haram states but SS and SE are ''claimable''.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by daroz(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2011
Nice move by GEJ cool, but if such bill should be pasted, there should be a long divide between the southerners and the northeners. Only the indigenes of the southern states should be allowed to declare cititizenship in any states in the south after a specified period of residence there, and likewise, the northerners for the northen states. I dont trust this Abokis in this kind of thing at all. I cant just imagine a stupid aboki man holding ground with me in my father`s land just because he has stayed there for just six months. I know no matter what law is passed, no southerner will benefit from it in their side, so they better stay on their own. angry
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by juman(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2011
This thread is really interesting.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by ak47mann(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2011
Emmanuel attar was the former governor of anambra state and a Yoruba man was the former governor of enugu so why cant we rule Lagos undecided this is one Nigeria their is no going back or else every body should manage their own resources e  end of the day if an Hausa man from Kano state no get their usual monthly allocation their will be war and in their mind they know that the money is not there money it came from another region same as alcohol which sharia states don't have right to even take any penny from alcohol tax money.I don't want to start another fight here cos am saying the truth same as Lagos state their main infrastructure E.G building bridges roads etc came from federal and the money came from another region so it is OK to collect money that comes from other region but they are not allow to rule your state whats the point of ONE NIGERIA? undecided
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
daroz:

Nice move by GEJ cool, but if such bill should be pasted, there should be a long divide between the southerners and the northeners.[s] Only the indigenes of the southern states should be allowed to declare cititizenship in any states in the south after a specified period of residence there, and likewise, the northerners for the northen states. I dont trust this Abokis in this kind of thing at all. I cant just imagine a silly aboki man holding ground with me in my father`s land just because he has stayed there for just six months.[/s] I know no matter what law is passed, no southerner will benefit from it in their side, so they better stay on their own. angry

Why are you discriminating against the abokis ? Are you scared they are going to starting their bombing spree in the south ? Nigeria is about to witness a wide replica of jos crisis if this bill sees the light of the day !
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
ak47mann:

Emmanuel attar was the former governor of anambra state and a Yoruba man was the former governor of enugu so why cant we rule Lagos undecided this is one Nigeria their is no going back or else every body should manage their own resources e  end of the day if an Hausa man from Kano state no get their usual monthly allocation their will be war and in their mind they know that the money is not there money it came from another region same as alcohol which sharia states don't have right to even take any penny from alcohol tax money.I don't want to start another fight here cos am saying the truth same as Lagos state their main infrastructure E.G building bridges roads etc came from federal and the money came from another region so it is OK to collect money that comes from other region but they are not allow to rule your state whats the point of ONE NIGERIA? undecided

You mean military imposed administrators ?
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by PointB: 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Who told you i was joking ? You just wait for the passage of that bill and see what will happen.I MUST BECOME THE GOVERNOR OF IMO STATE by all means and my fellow ibos must support.Abi we no be one naija again ?

I think if they believe you can do better than Rochas, they will give u the support.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by okadaman2: 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2011
I'm now from Otueke, Bayelsa State.

We must share this oil money together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Chairman Tukur Can't Climb Stairs, Relocates Office To Legacy House. / Catriona Laing Says Looted Funds Are Not Welcomed In The United Kingdom / Biafra: See What Is Happening At Onitsha Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.