Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Please Help Save My Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Save My Marriage (39157 Views)

What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / Sex Is Causing Problems In My Marriage, Help Me Save My Marriage / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by bigdammyj: 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2022
Following.
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by skinnyzsam(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2022
newold:
I decided to create a new account to make these post.

To make the long story short.

I never realised what i was getting myself into until i started googling and then discovered what i had gotten myself into. This has rendered me hopeless, almost useless, and broke.

Since 2020 until now, i have only laboured in vain. i became unable to take proper care and provide for my family not because i don't get paid from work (i do have a work which i do) though the pay does not come every time. Greed, wanting more i would say has lead me to these part that is about to break and destroy me completely.

I have a very loving and hardworking wife, who has saved me countless number of times. i have broken her hearts by these singular addiction. i have tried several ways to stop. but once money gets into my hand the first thing that comes to my mind is to feed my addiction.

Most times i cry alone in the house and wished i could turn back the hand of time. I have felt depressed, lost weights, and my confidence, and the suicidal thoughts as deep down i know i should be better, i should do better for my wife and child.

i lost everything to these monster, my car, my peace, my respects, even some friends.

since 2020 now, i have no savings, infact i empty my account in less than 24 hours because of my greed.

on several occasions i have used the money meant for purchasing another car since after i sold the other one. i spent the money to feed these my monster.

even when i WIN i lose it all back. just 3 months ago. i had lost almost #2m. these happen within 2 days.

I am slowly dyeing inside. when i look at my child and my wife and what my actions have put them through. and for the fact that i keep going back. i then feel there might be something else wrong with me.

I have followed some forums for help but i keep going back. please and please if you know how or what to say to me that will help my situation please do.

PLEASE FOR ANYONE WHO WILL BE READING THESE.

ALWAYS SAY NO TO GAMBLING.

IF YOU HAVE NEVER GAMBLED BEFORE. BPLEASE IS BETTER YOU DON'T TRY SO AS NOT TO EXPERIENCE WHAT MILLIONS ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE GOING THROUGH, INCLUDING ME

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by OBA117(m): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
Firstly, seek the help of God by surrendering your life to Jesus Christ because by your human strength you can not stop addiction by evil spirit has taken advantage of your vulnerability to addiction. You need the help of God.

Secondly, be sincere with yourself and your wife be opening up to her and whatever advice she gives you humbly accept it.

Thirdly, stand your ground and be determined by saying enough is enough to it.

Finally, see that addiction as your strongest enemy that MUST BE OVERCOME.

I pray for you, you shall testify of your victory in Jesus name.
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Kubin: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2022
I can relate we are going through the same thing, but for me I think am regaining myself,this addiction have hold me down more than 4yrs,if I should remember the what I have lost I feel like killing myself,but I have a good news for u, u can stop it if can follow this step mind u no amount of advice here will make you to stop it is a matter of personal decision, don't try to force urself out, if u do it by force u will still go back and worst, am talking out of experience, 1st step, see gaming as fun and not means of getting rich, 2nd reduce ur stakings don't stake more than 200,mind u nothing like sure game, with that 200naira be aiming millions,gradually as the game is cutting u will began to lose interest, 3rd,if ur playing online,stop saving money in ur on account, because online gaming kill faster, 4th,as a rational human being ask ur self this money am trying to win how are they making this money, if it was avenue business and people are winning the company can not last a day, after paying taxes, rents, data, workers, fuel, site maintainance, etc and u still expect to come and collect from them.finaly gambling name scam betting na big scam, I have lost all my life earning to betting, before I use to stake 100k 2sure odd, but now I don't stake more than 200per day, always aiming million I still know it still cut,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Excelxpress: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2022
This is why I run from anything soccer bet

I no wan die young .

1 Like

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2022
newold:

I never realised what i was getting myself into until i started googling and then discovered what i had gotten myself into. This has rendered me hopeless, almost useless, and broke.

Since 2020 until now, i have only laboured in vain. i became unable to take proper care and provide for my family not because i don't get paid from work (i do have a work which i do) though the pay does not come every time. Greed, wanting more i would say has lead me to these part that is about to break and destroy me completely.

I have a very loving and hardworking wife, who has saved me countless number of times. i have broken her hearts by these singular addiction. i have tried several ways to stop. but once money gets into my hand the first thing that comes to my mind is to feed my addiction.

Most times i cry alone in the house and wished i could turn back the hand of time. I have felt depressed, lost weights, and my confidence, and the suicidal thoughts as deep down i know i should be better, i should do better for my wife and child.

i lost everything to these monster, my car, my peace, my respects, even some friends.

since 2020 now, i have no savings, infact i empty my account in less than 24 hours because of my greed.

on several occasions i have used the money meant for purchasing another car since after i sold the other one. i spent the money to feed these my monster.

even when i WIN i lose it all back. just 3 months ago. i had lost almost #2m. these happen within 2 days.

I am slowly dyeing inside. when i look at my child and my wife and what my actions have put them through. and for the fact that i keep going back. i then feel there might be something else wrong with me.

I have followed some forums for help but i keep going back. please and please if you know how or what to say to me that will help my situation please do.

IF YOU HAVE NEVER GAMBLED BEFORE. BPLEASE IS BETTER YOU DON'T TRY SO AS NOT TO EXPERIENCE WHAT MILLIONS ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE GOING THROUGH, INCLUDING ME

Ohh blood of Jesus did you just say millions in freely months.. oh that's bullshit. You need to be slapped and bitten and flogged. Your greed has killed you and nothing more.. why waste such amount of money on gambling. It's so ridiculous.... You have failed us. When i see people gambling it' piss me off.. let me give you solution block all your online account. Disable your mobile banking, cut your self from betting site. It will help you

1 Like

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Doctortest: 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
I dey gamble once once but not to the extent of losing millions ‘ Infact in my 30 something year of existence I never lose up to 50kpa for gambling
When I spent 5kpa on myself at chicken republic I realised there are many tins money can do
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Mandesz(m): 2:27pm On Aug 28, 2022
newold:

Bro, I gamble as well upto now but wisely. One thing is I can't gamble what I can't afford to lose. I've been gambling since 2013 to date and presently I'm in the gambling house(bet9ja2 Ilorin) as I type this.
Gambling can take u from hero to zero.
I don't believe u can get rich thru gambling, having known these, I gamble for fun. Tho' I want to win but in my mind can't get rich here.
Take it or leave, if intend to stop gambling today, I would stop.
If u want to stop don't go near the shop, stop partake in that discussion,. Never play online by all means.
Immediately u get your salary keep it with your wife n give him warnings never to give u.
Telling yo wife, n colleagues your problem and your determination never to get there is the beginning of getting away your addiction.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by rajiedreez: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2022
"What I could have been" is exactly the genesis of your problem. Stop comparing and start living your life.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Dominic247: 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
newold:

I need you to read this book it's gonna help you "The chimp paradox" by Dr Steve Peter

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by seagulsntrawler: 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2022
I've said it here before that gambling is a tax on fools. See a psychologist for counsel, open up to your wife and let her take charge of your family's finances pending when you are able to overcome it—which is not impossible to do. Wishing you the best.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Prenonjebose: 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2022
Please, do not consider suicide. That would be selfish. Please, listen to the advice given by some comments above, on giving temporal control of your finances to your wife, until the addictive urge is deadened.
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
Melap:

You want to drive the OP to depression and suicide with this post of your winnings. You mean you use your 360k to bet or the site gave you 360k as bonus deposit? You get mind

What am I seeing shocked is it 3.6 million you used to stake or is it me that does not understand what I am seeing.
It's 3.6m
Lol grin have you not seen people dragging Ghana- must-go bag filled with cash to bet football matches on weekends?
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Privatepart00: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
Cc : newold.

Gambling has nothing to do with your predicament, it is greed that’s controlling you. You gamble with your head , but greed will push you to commit more money than you can forfeit because you wishing to win it big .
People drink alcohol and get drunk, but the ones who drink responsibly doesn’t get drunk . Gamble responsibly you be fine .
Adrenaline rush that comes with gambling is good for the human mind .
Cure your greed first , you be fine

I play bet9ja , I win and lose . But I stake what I can forget . Tonight I am playing PSG over 7.5 with #5000 . I play for goals the higher the goals and odds the higher my excitement as it enters .

1 Like

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by altteemy: 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
@newold, the first thing is to forgive yourself for losing the money. The need to recover* the loss is simply what's holding you back.

Just let go. It's gone.

Start life anew. Debtless and without stress. You'll be fine.

Wishing you well- Teemy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by OvaSabi1(f): 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
Approach any federal medical center near you and ask to be referred to a clinical psychologist. I have a similar case and we’re seeing results from weekly consultations with a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by yusufmurry: 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2022
Gambling is an addiction. No doubt!

But your problem is greed, you want to measure with others and possibly live an ostenstive lifestyle.

You want jackpot, that's your problem. Are you not supposed to bet responsibly, bet what you're "comfortable" to lose.

Your wife may be a contributing factor. She knows that you're a Gambler but only okay when you win, as soon as one gets married, some youthful lifestyle should die off. And a good wife will stop you some things.

Again, Na because you dey see the money, na why you dey go bet. Be sincere to yourself and your wife should too. She's not doing enough to stop you.

It takes a habit to stop a habit. It doesn't need any medic; or a pastor to pray.
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by 07kjb: 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Gambling is not a bad thing.. We all play gble every weekend last week I lost 8k this week I just won 27k tomorrow I might win again. Just use your head.. Don't be a mum u man.

There is a different between a gambler and bet9ja player that plays every weekend

Gambling is a YOKE
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Orpe7(m): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2022
A Good gambler knows when to fold.
I would be lying if I say I don't gamble
I do. But I know when to and when not to
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by mrcelebrity1: 2:36pm On Aug 28, 2022
newold:

E be liks say you dey mad ? You took so long to mention that you gamble ... deal with it man !
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by ryloy: 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2022
Dominic247:

I need you to read this book it's gonna help you "The chimp paradox" by Dr Steve Peter
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by kumulus(m): 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2022
Melap:

Kobojunkie I don't believe this addiction is a mental illness. The OP and others like him always know what they are doing, it is greed pure and simple like he said. It is greed and love for quick money, there's nothing mentally amiss with him.

It’s a mental illness/disease. It’s easy to say he knows what he’s doing but the truth is he doesn’t. Greed is a fruit of lust, in this case he keeps desiring an imagined pot of gold in a non existent time (when the game wins). If he’ll only understand the future is but an uncertain reality, i.e elements may/may not converge in favour of his hopes (expectation is a path that often can lead to disappointment, hence we say hope is not a strategy).

I disagree with the last part of your submission, isn’t it obvious even to the blind that the OP here is not in charge of his mental estate? The domain of authority in any sane man should have ONLY two occupants; himself and his maker (You and I).
[/b]
To the OP; know who is who on your land(Psalm 24:1), take charge and be observant of what seeds are sown(Matthew 13:28) and nourished on it (Prov 4:23) for in due time they’ll bear fruits.

Your current situation/condition are the fruits from the seeds sown on your estate, you’ve nourished and watered it over the years, I must say you’ve been very diligent at tending to your vineyard. This is simply you feasting on your bountiful harvest, if truly you find these fruits distasteful and unhealthy, [b]the axe is in your hand;
lay it down or put it to the trunk and strike down the evil tree that produces fruits of wickedness.

“Suffer not the evil to live”

Peace upon you!
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by ViceGovernor: 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
One advice.
Kindly stop staking games you get from telegram groups....I know you do that a lot smiley
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Joshcoli(m): 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
I thought it was forex

Chai....
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Lexusgs430: 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2022
newold:

Your wife leaving you, might be the nuclear brain reset, that you need .........

Seek therapy and control yourself.......

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2022
Joshcoli:
I thought it was forex

Chai....

grin for where? Nigerians lack the required intelligence quotient to trade it decently. As a matter of fact that thing is too damn complex.

Betting is direct. Something that you can start immediately within a couple of minutes, easy to understand & play.
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by baconline(m): 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
Sorry man, let your wife control your finances till u recover, since u know the implications now ,u have learnt well the lessons
Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Hanndye: 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
Just keep telling yourself 'I'm a mumu man'. On the way to the hub say to yourself 'mumu man de go again oo'. At the hub say to the cashier 'mumu man done come again oo'. I'm sure anyone who hears you at the place will know you will soon not be one of them. Have some courage, nobody likes to by foolish forever.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by mcgodison2531(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2022
Bro, I have already know your problem, even before u mentioned it. I was once a victim, it run me down, back to square one. to the point of selling all me electronics even my cooking gas I sold all. Lost everything I have own debt here and there to the point of lucking myself inside room because of my debt. Long story short . one day I pack sand from the center of the road and swear with my life.... Since then I avoid the game, and also a friend of my did it it work for him he is still thanking me till today. If u can do so it will work for you.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by Godmind2022(m): 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2022
Christ has the power to help anyone break any addiction. Just give your life to Christ without delay before it is too late. Stay in touch with people that can tell you the truth and never hide it from them. Enough said, I believe. God bless
newold:

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Save My Marriage by showafrica(m): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2022
newold:

Whats killing you is not gambling it is virtual soccer. Everybody gambles in this life... Business men play games and take risks... It's all gambling. The way to stop is to quit virtual soccer first and anything related to artificial games... Like casino and the likes. Just play real games, real football and watch the game. If you are a Chelsea lover bet on Chelsea game and watch the match. You will see how your money is going or winning and the effort the players are putting to make sure your money is returned or lost. Next time you will know how much to invest on such energy. Life is gambling. Tinubu, Atiku and PO are all gambling with there money at the moment.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong. / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.