Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah (22385 Views)

2023: Kukah Advises Christians To Make Wise Decisions / 2023: Kukah Warns Nigerians Against Repeat Of 2015 "Mistake" / Pendulum: Who Shall Tell The President Nigeria Is Dying? - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by treesun: 10:46am On Sep 02, 2022
The Archbishop of Sokoto Diocese, Bishop Mathew Kukah, has given an insight into the type of leaders, particularly the person that should be elected by Nigerians as the next Nigeria president.

He said it was important for Nigerians to move away from voting based on ethnic, religious, or political sentiments and vote for someone who is capable of tackling the perennial challenges facing the country.

Kukah, who gave the insight during an interview on Arise TV on Friday, maintained that though the frontline candidates are individually qualified to lead the country, it was important for Nigerians to see through them and choose wisely.

The cleric said the era of rhetorics must be put behind Nigerians and that the electorates must sieve and interrogate the presidential candidates on their ideology, plans and governance style before making their choice.

“The people must interrogate their (presidential candidates) ability and capacity to govern by sheer brain and not bribe. The point is that even the whole idea of leadership is often exaggerated because we are confusing political officeholders with leaders.

“It is only in Nigeria that there is so much focus on the centre. Society can only grow when we extend the frontiers of knowledge and opportunities.

“Critical to all of these, we are looking for a president that has the understanding of the complexity of what is wrong with Nigeria. It is not just about people just aspiring without an understanding of the issues.

“My argument is that anybody who aspires to rule Nigeria and we have the opportunity to, we (Nigerians) must redesign the template of confrontation and you (presidential candidate) must be able to confront Nigerians and answer their questions.

“I am not and won’t be surprised if the candidates are moving up and down and convincing us by taking minimalist positions and telling us these and that are what they are going to do.

“I won’t also be surprised if the next president of Nigeria tells us he would tackle insecurity, increase power generation, and what have you.

“The critical question is that aspiring leaders must be subjected to a litmus test by the people. The people must ask questions like since you (presidential candidate) said you want to deal with insecurity, can we get a sense of how you want to do it and achieve success? Can you show us from your background how you will be able to do this?

“Fortunately for us, the frontline candidates have a track record and those track records must be what we must use to project the nature of the choice we have to make,” the cleric who recently celebrated his 70th birthday said.

He said it was important for the political actors, particularly the presidential candidates to listen to the young people, understand their frustrations, and align their agenda toward assuaging their grievances.

“The passion that drove people in 2015 has dissipated. The people have understood they were lied to and we have all seen the consequences of religious manipulations.

“The young people have become aware of this and they are asking the right questions. I encourage the politicians to go to the nooks and crannies of Nigerians to sell their convictions.

“The energy in this coming election is tremendous and I am excited about the energy of the young people and their attention to the country’s election,” he said.

He added, “I believe that Nigerians are energised and they have a choice to make. But we must ensure we see through the candidates and choose right to get the desired outcome.”

https://punchng.com/the-president-nigeria-needs-in-2023-kukah/

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:48am On Sep 02, 2022
Kukah dey find disrespect

and he will get it in abundance

trash

11 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by Racoon(m): 10:49am On Sep 02, 2022
The era of rhetorics must be put behind Nigerians and that the electorates must sieve and interrogate the presidential candidates on their ideology, plans and governance style before making their choice.

...Never again will anybody become Nigeria’s President through fake and unsubstantiated packaging.”

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by Racoon(m): 10:50am On Sep 02, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Kukah dey find disrespect and he will get it in abundance. Trash
Someone pieced a good writeup of this kind and this nonsense is all you could say. You are the one talking trash here man.

294 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:51am On Sep 02, 2022
Racoon:
Someone pieced a good writeup of this kind and this nonsense is all you could say. You are the one talking trash here man.

we dont need nonsense clergymen speaking parables...

it's either you are in or out...No sitting on the fence. We didn't see him in Owo during the massacre so sharap

No nonsense...Good write up my foot..

so minority shut your trash

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2022
Kukah is correct

Obi must be asked how is he going to solve the problem he is good at listing

48 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by Racoon(m): 10:58am On Sep 02, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
We dont need nonsense clergymen speaking parables. t's either you are in or out. No sitting on the fence. We didn't see him in Owo during the massacre so sharap.No nonsense.Good write up my foot. So minority shut your trash
He gave a clear cut explanation on what the electorate should demand & be convinced about the candidates without picking a favourite yet you are still saying "sitting on a fence".What more analysis do you expect than this? "Ridicule is the first and last argument of a fool.” — Charles Simmons

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by abobote: 10:59am On Sep 02, 2022
Yes o, the presidential candidate must not shy away from the media and talking directly to the electrolate.
They should come for interviews and give us the privelege of listening to them and accessing them probably.
They should stop sending representatives when they are the one seeking for the position.
We must avoid the repeat of Buhari at all cost.

Well said your Lordship

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:01am On Sep 02, 2022
Racoon:
He gave a clear cut explanation on what the electorate should demand and be convinced about the candidates with picking a favourite yet you are still saying "sitting on a fence" What more more analysis do you expect than this? "Ridicule is the first and last argument of a fool.” — Charles Simmons

No you silly minority

I repeat..No sitting on the fence

Say who you support or forever sharap

Me I love separation.... what do you want?

5 Likes

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by abobote: 11:03am On Sep 02, 2022
yomi961:
Majority of Peter Obi's supporters were once Atiku's fans. As a matter of fact, most of them voted for Atiku in 2019. Now that they have brokert camp, they have rather reduced Atiku's votes – a move which Tinubu is well pleased with. Of course Tinubu knows that only an Atiku poses threat to his presidential ambition.
Most of those campaigning for po are APC urchins.
Focus on the topic

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by Jflex07(m): 11:04am On Sep 02, 2022
yomi961:
Majority of Peter Obi's supporters were once Atiku's fans. As a matter of fact, most of them voted for Atiku in 2019. Now that they have brokert camp, they have rather reduced Atiku's votes – a move which Tinubu is well pleased with. Of course Tinubu knows that only an Atiku poses threat to his presidential ambition.
It is not fair that another Fulani man takeover after Buhari else I would have no problem voting for Turaki

4 Likes

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by yomi961: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2022
Jflex07:
It is not fair that another Fulani man takeover after Buhari else I would have no problem voting for Turaki
but in all reality, he is the only option we have got, he is not a tribalist, he is a nationalist, his 1st wife is a Yoruba woman and a Christian.
I would rather have him than a Muslim Muslim demonic ticket with a bokoharam as a vp

3 Likes

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by yomi961: 11:09am On Sep 02, 2022
abobote:

Focus on the topic

Another Tinubu supporter spotted

8 Likes

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by Jflex07(m): 11:12am On Sep 02, 2022
yomi961:
but in all reality, he is the only option we have got, he is not a tribalist, he is a nationalist, his 1st wife is a Yoruba woman and a Christian.
I would rather have him than a Muslim Muslim demonic ticket with a bokoharam as a vp
yea,i rather have him than Tinubu and Apc but the south south and south east are upset with the pdp. I am from port Harcourt and we believe that the pdp betrayed us irrrespctive of the fact that our region has been loyal to the party from the onset. The presidency ought to be zoned to the south especially to the south east for justice and equity sake.. We are not second class citizens and that is why we want to vote in Mr Peter no matter the outcome but I hope that if Mr Peter does not win mr Atiku should win it.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 02, 2022
Obi for us.
For Nigeria for good.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by johnmartus(m): 11:18am On Sep 02, 2022
Because he didn't say Obi should voted for right. This peter obi supporters are very stupid.
OyeofIkoTuN:
Kukah dey find disrespect

and he will get it in abundance

trash

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by ogododo: 11:19am On Sep 02, 2022
Jflex07:
yea,i rather have him than Tinubu and Apc but the south south and south east are upset with the pdp. I am from port Harcourt and we believe that the pdp betrayed us irrrespctive of the fact that our region has been loyal to the party from the onset. The presidency ought to be zoned to the south especially to the south east for justice and equity sake.. We are not second class citizens and that is why we want to vote in Mr Peter no matter the outcome but I hope that if Mr Peter does not win mr Atiku should win it.

Which kind reason be dis, Obi go steal Atiku's vote. Make una ask Lalasticlala?

6 Likes

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by XerXers: 11:22am On Sep 02, 2022
yomi961:
Rubbish, where is Tinubu expecting votes? Atiku and Kwankwaso have taken the north, Obi is closing in on SW. Tinubu is a joke

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by EndsarsReloaded: 11:28am On Sep 02, 2022
Bishop Kukah just endorsed Peter Obi. Read all he said and you could see he diplomatically condemned both Tinubu and Atiku.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by EndsarsReloaded: 11:32am On Sep 02, 2022
yomi961:

PDP just organized a so-called one million man march in Asaba and less than 20 people came out! The same state capital where Okowa, Atiku's vice is from. What does that tell you? The entire SS and SE have rejected PDP!

If you guys are serious, now is the time to focus on NW and NE. If you allow Tinubu to decimate you there then even Kwankwaso will end up ahead of Atiku.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by treesun: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

PDP just organized a so-called one million man march in Asaba and less than 20 people came out! The same state capital where Okowa, Atiku's vice is from. What does that tell you? The entire SS and SE have rejected PDP!

If you guys are serious, now is the time to focus on NW and NE. If you allow Tinubu to decimate you there then even Kwankwaso will end up ahead of Atiku.

Send us pictures and stop all these lies! Obi that promised to raise electricity without telling us how!

5 Likes

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by EndsarsReloaded: 11:53am On Sep 02, 2022
treesun:

Send us pictures and stop all these lies! Obi that promised to raise electricity without telling us how!

I won't spoon-feed you, lazy Nigerian youth! The video of the disgraceful PDP rally in Asaba is all over Twitter & other SM platforms.

Peter Obi already has everything planned, you don't expect him to reveal it all.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by treesun: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

I won't spoon-feed you, lazy Nigerian youth! The video of the disgraceful PDP rally in Asaba is all over Twitter & other SM platforms.

Peter Obi already has everything planned, you don't expect him to reveal it all.

If you have achieved what God has done for me in Gberigbe, Ikorodu you will not be here spreading lies! We are warning to avoid Buhari disaster again, post the picture and keep your peace!

No state governor, no Senator from LP, No man can act as highland, We need strong systems!

2 Likes

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2022
johnmartus:
Because he didn't say Obi should voted for right. This peter obi supporters are very stupid.

John John......

Hungryman John

anywhere belleface John...

Las las what happened to John in the Bible

I heard beheaded

1 Like

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by Winters23: 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
grin
Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by Pells: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
Is Nigeria a joke to you tongue

1 Like

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by Authoreety: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
Tell your mama, Ur papa, ur brothers, sisters ND ur compound people make we vote Peter Obi

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by Pandev(m): 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
ok
Re: The President Nigeria Needs In 2023 – Kukah by owiko(m): 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
G

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan / Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 / Arrogance Cost Jonathan 2015 Election-sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.