Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,249 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! (18294 Views)

Cow Takes A Ride In Honda Accord 2007 / Nissan Murano Experience ?? Pls Help / How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by johnwell(m): 2:51am On Aug 20, 2011
Ever since I've joined NairaLand, I've not seen a discussion so educative like this.

One thing I know about this is "Life is full of choices; there's no free choice in life, to every choice there's a price tag on it"

Personally, I think buying from Cotonou  or Nigeria is individual choice with his/her own reasons, but one this is certain:

Using shortcut with fake documents is like a credit card, enjoy now & pay later but going through the normal clearing process is like a debit card , pay now & enjoy later. Abi na lie?
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by femmy2010(m): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2011
princedant:

Muza asked a question about buying cars from tincan, is it cheaper?

Vehicles are not sold inside Tin-Can port.
A times so importer might need a buyer to buy their shipped in uncleared vehicle and the buyer would do the clearing after buying BUT i have seen scenario where Rent/Demurage on the vehicle has gone much higher than the value of the car bought.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by femmy2010(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2011
johnwell:

Ever since I've joined NairaLand, I've not seen a discussion so educative like this.

One thing I know about this is "Life is full of choices; there's no free choice in life, to every choice there's a price tag on it"

Personally, I think buying from Cotonou  or Nigeria is individual choice with his/her own reasons, but one this is certain:

Using shortcut with fake documents is like a credit card, enjoy now & pay later but going through the normal clearing process is like a debit card , pay now & enjoy later. Abi na lie?

Peeps are getting something wrong.
People do not always buy from Cotonou because they want to buy cheap but some buy because they know that no where in Nigeria can you get an assemblage of same type of buy option in a singular located for them to pick the very best among the lot.
They buy such and have duty dully paid and it gives them same amount they would have spent to pre-order.

The Card analogy comes to play when they want to have a vehicle delivered without duty payment.
Like you said "everything Na choice"

1 Like

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Ejike3: 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2011
femmy2010:
Cars and SUVs older than 15year old are not officially allow to come into the country meaning duty can not be paid on them.
"

Does it mean that I can buy a car of over 15 years from coutonou, smuggle it into Nigeria and customs will not ask me questions after that?
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by femmy2010(m): 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
Ejike3:

Does it mean that I can buy a car of over 15 years from coutonou, smuggle it into Nigeria and customs will not ask me questions after  that?

It means vehicle older than 15years are regarded as contraband and as such not dutiable but can only be brought into the country via back door,
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by ikakahu(m): 11:23am On May 11, 2012
people should stop telling lies in order to get customers/clients.I totally agree with kunle A.It was all about about this 48 hrs(2 days) period of car delivery that made me venture into such a deal.After 1 wk and 2 days,I ve not yet got my delivery although the biz was not done with the poster but with another dealer who also promised that I will get the car under 48 hrs.My anger here is even if its going to take a month,tell your customer the truth.The most annoying part is that all the gist the guy told me about buying a car in cotonou were all false ranging from prizes to duration of delivery.When you get there,it ll be another story again.From stories to stories.You may even find out that you ve spent more what you would have bought the car in lagos although my main concern was to choose from varieties and not cost cos of my high taste(not by my making) BUT I MUST SAY THE TRUTH THAT I EVEN BOUGHT THE CAR MORE EXPENSIVE THAN I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT IN LAGOS.I ve vowed never to venture into such a deal again as next time I ve it in my to get another car,I will simply walk into car shop here in naija .Its only good for those that want to smuggle their cars to nigeria but if you want to pay full duty,my brother,my sister,buy it here in naija or even look for a reliable friend or relation that will buy it for you in U.S.
lest I forget,They told me that cotonou people don t work their cars,that they sell it as it comes but that's a clear lie which I confirmed by my self.They have workshops where they work accident cars and some of these workshops are even within the auto sales yard.I tell you,it was a bitter experience and a case of misinformation and I believe that most people must have experienced this as well.Even when I told two of my friends about this,they equally told me that they had such an ugly experience too,that if i had told them that I was going to cotonou to buy the car,that they would have discouraged me.I don t have time because of my busy schedule but I promised my self that I am going to put a write up as regards this.PLS IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAD A DECENT DEAL IN COTONOU,COME AND SHARE IT HERE BUT IF YOU THAT YOU HAD AN UGLY ONE,ALSO EDUCATE OTHERS SO THAT THEY DON T MAKE MISTAKES.

One more important advice,never change a huge sum of amount when going.You can change like 20K so that when you ve have seen by yourself and confirmed that all they told you were lies,you can kindly come back to naija and chang your money to naira and you won t loose so much money.I was cajoled into changing over a million naira and when I saw the truth,I notice that changing the money back would result to more losses and what if being robbed on the way?So that was a serious challenge to me too as I had no option than to buy there.

I am not here to ridicule any body's bussiness but just the sincere truth and experience is what am sharing with you because if you are not well informed,you will be deformed and you know what that means.ALWAYS BE TRUTHFUL!!!
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by baylord77(m): 11:31am On Dec 04, 2014
more contributions
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by ColeworldMD(m): 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2015
adedayo79:
My first experience buying a car from cotonu in 2007 was off nl though but was a very sad one and wouldnt wish my enemy to go through same emotional torture i went through.
Paid for a car but i only got half refund back after many months of trouble making and stress.
I did muster up courage last year and used the service of a nl cotonu dealer and it has been smooth sail since.
I have recommended many of my co-workers to the dealer and he has always performed,one funny thing is that i have never met this sincere cotonu dealer till date and yet he performs.
I think it boils down to the type of dealer we use.

Pls who is cotonou dealer?
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2015
ColeworldMD:

Pls who is cotonou dealer?
Bro buy your car from Lagos forget that place.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by mcvities(m): 12:25am On Nov 21, 2015
femmy2010:

Seized vehicles would be auctioned to the general public at the end of every year.
Duty can not be paid for vehicles already in the country.

When do custom auction seized cars to the public. The date precisely and how can one get information about that. Is it published in a national daily or on Nigerian custom site because I have seen a lot of fake ones online. thanks
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by ColeworldMD(m): 7:18am On Nov 21, 2015
erico2k2:

Bro buy your car from Lagos forget that place.
U know u can go there urself & clear it through the boarder urself at the customs office genuinely. Although most ppl smuggle
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 10:59am On Nov 21, 2015
ColeworldMD:

U know u can go there urself & clear it through the boarder urself at the customs office genuinely. Although most ppl smuggle
Bro I know in that way U will spend more than Lagos.I have been shipping cars to Nigeria from US.Europe for 14 years now I can beat my chest and tell U it's a no deal.I ha e shipped cars to cotonue. Togo and Nigeria. And cleared there as well.we do it in transit.those in the Biz know what I mean.I found out the diff is less than N300. More risk than Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by ColeworldMD(m): 11:10am On Nov 21, 2015
erico2k2:

Bro I know in that way U will spend more than Lagos.I have been shipping cars to Nigeria from US.Europe for 14 years now I can beat my chest and tell U it's a no deal.I ha e shipped cars to cotonue. Togo and Nigeria. And cleared there as well.we do it in transit.those in the Biz know what I mean.I found out the diff is less than N300. More risk than Lagos.
Thanks for dat! I want to buy car at the moment. I have 1M, what's the best deal I can get? I don't mind naija used, just neatly used.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by conyema12(m): 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2015
From my personal experience, going to Cotonou to buy car is very good as it exposed me to a myriad of options. At least I was able to see various specks of the type of ride I bought. In fact I liken it to going to America or Europe to buy car. All I had to do was make my choice.

Guys don't be deceived, there is no cutting down cost in it. when you combine the Benin and Nigeria genuine duty on the car, the price is about the same with the one bought at Lagos or Tincan Island.
Also You will be able to pick a non-accidented cars.

The only challenge I had was moving the cash across Seme border to pay for the car. And don't forget to carry a friend along, you don't need to ask me why.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2015
ColeworldMD:

Thanks for dat! I want to buy car at the moment. I have 1M, what's the best deal I can get? I don't mind naija used, just neatly used.
My advice for you is to search the car dealers.U will get a good deal Jan.cos that's wen boys are returning bck to hustle so they want to sell off sharply. Go to car stands.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
femmy2010:

The same Oshara toks would be driven from Our bad Apapa road to your abodes in other parts of Lagos.Lol.
Just ignore the mischief maker.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Gbengaodutona: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
I have been to cotonou twice to purchase cars.
Firstly,we bought Mazda 323 for my brother which cost us about 1m cf then,about 4 years ago.After purchase they only gave us a receipt which was written in French language.
2ndly,some months ago,i went there to buy gulf 3 station wagon,four wheel drive which cost 900000 cf equivalent to about 255000 in NIGERIA currency,total cost of purchase +clearing+bringing it home resulted to 630k,
but b4 delivery,,my BP rises to maximum,simply because i took 400k to cotonou,i bought the car but Money for clearing is not available,my car spend up to a month b4 it could be delieverd,i was only given one receipt that you cannot present to anybody that they will understand,if i go back there i can't recognise the dealers shop,its only prayer o.now i can't go interstate where custome is.But i am enjoying my car in Lagos and gun.Its a taugh experience for me.
My advice for anybody that want to go there and buy,if they said their car+clearing+bringing it home cost 1.5,go there with at least 1.7 i am sure your car will be delieverd,in between two to three days
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2015
Gbengaodutona:
Firstly,we bought Mazda 323 for my brother which cost us about 1m cf then,about 4 years ago.After purchase they only gave us a receipt which was written in French language.
2ndly,some months ago,i went there to buy gulf 3 station wagon,four wheel drive which cost 900000 cf equivalent to about 255000 in NIGERIA currency,total cost of purchase +clearing+bringing it home resulted to 630k,
but b4 delivery,,my BP rises to maximum,simply because i took 400k to cotonou,i bought the car but Money for clearing is not available,my car spend up to a month b4 it could be delieverd,i was only given one receipt that you cannot present to anybody that they will understand,if i go back there i can't recognise the dealers shop,its only prayer o.now i can't go interstate where custome is.But i am enjoying my car in Lagos and gun.Its a taugh experience for me.
My advice for anybody that want to go there and buy,if they said their car+clearing+bringing it home cost 1.5,go there with at least 1.7 i am sure your car will be delieverd,in between two to three days

My stance again, the only benefit of buying from Cotonou is the ability to buy a car without paying its duty.If you ever pay for its duty it will be more expensive than buying in Lagos.ALl teh Cotonou dealers on here can bear me witness.However you suffer risk of damage as well, something the lagos cleared wont give you.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
tEsLim:
Bought my 1996 V6 VW Passat from Cotonou it was hell and like bad luck. By the time it was driven down to Lagos they already damaged the transmission. I waited for 2 weeks before it got to me in Lagos. I saw how they drove cars while returning to Lagos on my own. The "fayawo" boys as they used to call them drove very rough. And it was rainy. They even had to cut some other car's seat-belts  shocked to to another car that got its ABS/brakes all locked down and wheels wont move. I dislike the VW because the car parts where and are still so expensive I sold to my friend but I always tell him to sell it since he'd replaced transmission more than twice ,  I did replace transmission too.

Well on my way back I saw cheap apples and frozen chicken/turkeys and liquor i bought some because i chattered a vehicle that took me to and fro with my friend and agent But then I started disliking buying apple/chicken and other imported frozen foods because i started thinking they sometimes spend months in Cotonou before being smuggled to Nigeria

Since then I've only used Lagos cleared , i.e brand new Kia and lastly an 08 Honda Civic

SIR,ANY VEHICLE CLEARANCE THAT GOES BEYOND 48HRS OR THREE DAYS MAX,IT HAS BEEN SMUGGLED.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
I would advise anyone who wants to buy a car to buy it in Nigeria at the ports and pay his /her duty at tha bank by his/herself in order to be on the safe side.
Most vehicles brought in from Cotonu are smuggled into the country by touts and smugglers and NO duty is paid on such vehicles.
Most of the time the vehicles are smuggled through foot paths and you could find your vehicle being intercepted by the customs in the hintrland and seized.
These touts/smugglers will alwys pay all tha taxes in Cotonu but will refuse to pay the same in their homeland Nigeria.
They will take your vehicle through all kinds of terrible bush path roads in order to evade payment of duty,however the problem is that the customs ASSYCUDA system is now all over the country,so if you claim to have paid duty in Warri,if the documents are intercepted in Sokoto the computer will reveal if duty was actually paid into the coffers of the Federal government.
Please always ensure you pay your duty by yourself at any designated Bank to avoid regretting later.
It may be cheaper to buy a vehicle from Cotonu but the dangers are enormous.
BE WARNED: A word is enough for the wise!

I SERIOUSLY DISAGREE WITH YOU,THERE ARE BAD EGGS EVEN IN THE PORT.THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF VEHICLES COMING OUT OF COTONOU WITH ORIGINAL DUTY PAPERS AND TILL DATE,MANY CUSTOMERS HAVE NOT HAD ISSUES WITH CUSTOMS.

I WONDER WHERE YOU GOT YOUR WRONG OPINION FROM?
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2015
I now see that many people commenting on this thread are novices when purchasing vehicles from cotonou and clearing them through the border.

When it comes to entry points into Nigeria,there are various entry points like land BORDERS and sea ports,there are CUSTOM commands also at these BORDERS with a mandate to check smuggling and also process DUTY for vehicles and goods shipped through cotonou and other countries.

People are always quick to lay the blame on agents plying their trade around the border and I also laughed when someone claimed you can just walk into a valuation unit to obtain values anf also walk into the bank and pay DUTY without acknowledging the technicalities surrounding DUTY payment by licensed clearing agents and I'm so ashamed that till now,none of the so called agents on NAIRALAND has come forward to defend what we do.

Every CUSTOM document you get from the border comes with what we call a C-number (CUSTOMS VERIFICATION NUMBER) and it is like a pin,the type you use to recharge your mobile phones,every vehicle that has original papers has it's own C-number and it is also used for verification by customs or any other person.

What happens is that so many people are always gullible when it comes to purchasing from cotonou,I've seen instances where people will tell me that the qoute I've given them as an agent is expensive,some will tell you that they gotten qoutes like 08 Camry for one million naira,these people fall into the hands of fraudulent agents at the end of the day but when the want to tell people close to them,they'll blame every other person plying his/her trade along the border without explaining that they were the gullible ones.
https://www.nairaland.com/1460599/clear-containerized-goods-vehicles-ease

https://www.nairaland.com/1245239/cheapaccident-free-cars-4rm-cotonou

https://www.nairaland.com/1572889/custom-duty-payment-made-easier

These are topics that has always dealt with purchase,shipping and CUSTOM DUTY PAYMENT through cotonou without hassles.

I think the reason people are still in the dark about purchase or shipping through cotonou is just because many of the so called agents on NAIRALAND have refused to come forward and settle issues,many of them are just ordinary people advertising as agents and this is part of what makes people believe that we are not legit.
https://www.nairaland.com/2148498/cotonou-dealers-importers-agents-thread

If you want to purchase/ship through cotonou,make sure you start the whole process through a credible and reliable agent,also make sure you don't fall for the fallacies of a 2010 camry been sold for N700,000 or CUSTOM DUTY for a 2013 gl450 is N650,000. Things like this will make you fall into the hands of fraudulent people out there.

The papers attached are some documents obtained from SEME BORDER and the vehicle was moved from SEME to Benin in edo state without hassles,even the owner has a testimony on nairaland.

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2015
Gbengaodutona:

THIS IS STILL WHAT I AM HAMMERING ON,PEOPLE ARE READY TO PREY ON YOUR GULLIIBLITY ,MANY WOULD RATHER LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE TELLING THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR,IF THE FRAUDULENT PERSON HAD GIVEN YOU A QUOTE OF N650,000 FOR A GOLF3,WOULD YOU HAVE BELIEVED HIM..

THERE WAS A DAY,A GUY CAME ALL THE WAY FROM PH AND SAID SOMEONE TOLD HIM THAT HE COULD GET A CAR FOR N400,000 WITH CUSTOM DUTY ETC,EVERYTHING I TOLD HIM AND HIS AUNT WAS JUST RUBBISH TO THEM UNTIL I TOOK THEM INTO THE MARKET AND THEY SAW THINGS THEMSELVES,YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE CURSES THEY HEAPED ON THE GUY.

WHEN NEXT YOU WANT TO BUY,MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE RATE IN COTONOU, THEIR RATE FOR PLACING VEHICLES ON TRANSIT TO THE BORDER AND ALSO NIGERIAN CUSTOM DUTY PAYABLE.THIS WILL HELP YOU FORM AN OPINION IF YOU WANT TO BUY OR NOT.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
saintjoel:
I now see that many people commenting on this thread are novices when purchasing vehicles from cotonou and clearing them through the border.

When it comes to entry points into Nigeria,there are various entry points like land BORDERS and sea ports,there are CUSTOM commands also at these BORDERS with a mandate to check smuggling and also process DUTY for vehicles and goods shipped through cotonou and other countries.

People are always quick to lay the blame on agents plying their trade around the border and I also laughed when someone claimed you can just walk into a valuation unit to obtain values anf also walk into the bank and pay DUTY without acknowledging the technicalities surrounding DUTY payment by licensed clearing agents and I'm so ashamed that till now,none of the so called agents on NAIRALAND has come forward to defend what we do.

Every CUSTOM document you get from the border comes with what we call a C-number (CUSTOMS VERIFICATION NUMBER) and it is like a pin,the type you use to recharge your mobile phones,every vehicle that has original papers has it's own C-number and it is also used for verification by customs or any other person.

What happens is that so many people are always gullible when it comes to purchasing from cotonou,I've seen instances where people will tell me that the qoute I've given them as an agent is expensive,some will tell you that they gotten qoutes like 08 Camry for one million naira,these people fall into the hands of fraudulent agents at the end of the day but when the want to tell people close to them,they'll blame every other person plying his/her trade along the border without explaining that they were the gullible ones.
https://www.nairaland.com/1460599/clear-containerized-goods-vehicles-ease

https://www.nairaland.com/1245239/cheapaccident-free-cars-4rm-cotonou

https://www.nairaland.com/1572889/custom-duty-payment-made-easier

These are topics that has always dealt with purchase,shipping and CUSTOM DUTY PAYMENT through cotonou without hassles.

I think the reason people are still in the dark about purchase or shipping through cotonou is just because many of the so called agents on NAIRALAND have refused to come forward and settle issues,many of them are just ordinary people advertising as agents and this is part of what makes people believe that we are not legit.
https://www.nairaland.com/2148498/cotonou-dealers-importers-agents-thread

If you want to purchase/ship through cotonou,make sure you start the whole process through a credible and reliable agent,also make sure you don't fall for the fallacies of a 2010 camry been sold for N700,000 or CUSTOM DUTY for a 2013 gl450 is N650,000. Things like this will make you fall into the hands of fraudulent people out there.

The papers attached are some documents obtained from SEME BORDER and the vehicle was moved from SEME to Benin in edo state without hassles,even the owner has a testimony on nairaland.
I think the argument here is about the cost.if you check cotonuo the people importing and selling cars there are not Nigerians.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2015
erico2k2:

I think the argument here is about the cost.if you check cotonuo the people importing and selling cars there are not Nigerians.

There are so many Nigerians purchasing from cotonou and they'll still purchase,the margin depends on which vehicle you are buying cos not all vehicles are cheap through cotonou,tekm me where you can get a 2008 Camry le for N1.960m and the Camry shown below was bought through my agency,moved with CUSTOM DUTY paid to festac for N1.960m.When it comes to shipping of vehickes through cotonou,can you ship a 2014 Benz E350 for N1m ( NIGERIAN DUTY) + 185,000(COST OF TRANSIT IN BENIN).

I AGREE THAT THE TAG "CHEAP" MIGHT NOT WORK FOR EVERY VEHICLE FROM COTONOU BUT AT THE END,EVEN IF IT IS JUST A MARGIN OF 20,000 NAIRA,IT WILL STILL BE DIFFERENT.

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2015
saintjoel:

There are so many Nigerians purchasing from cotonou and they'll still purchase,the margin depends on which vehicle you are buying cos not all vehicles are cheap through cotonou,tekm me where you can get a 2008 Camry le for N1.960m and the Camry shown below was bought through my agency,moved with CUSTOM DUTY paid to festac for N1.960m.When it comes to shipping of vehickes through cotonou,can you ship a 2014 Benz E350 for N1m ( NIGERIAN DUTY) + 185,000(COST OF TRANSIT IN BENIN).

I AGREE THAT THE TAG "CHEAP" MIGHT NOT WORK FOR EVERY VEHICLE FROM COTONOU BUT AT THE END,EVEN IF IT IS JUST A MARGIN OF 20,000 NAIRA,IT WILL STILL BE DIFFERENT.
You my friend should know me from yrs ago.we have crossed path b4.I'm saying Nigerians do not ship cars frm USA to cotonou for sale.I'm on about people like me in diaspora. I will gt bck to U as I'm held up at wrk cos of match. Let me gt home.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
erico2k2:

You my friend should know me from yrs ago.we have crossed path b4.I'm saying Nigerians do not ship cars frm USA to cotonou for sale.I'm on about people like me in diaspora. I will gt bck to U as I'm held up at wrk cos of match. Let me gt home.

And I will tell you sir,most of the jobs I've been processing at the border presently are vehicles shipped through cotonou and they were shipped by people residing in America and other countries.A sample is shown below for your perusal.

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
saintjoel:

And I will tell you sir,most of the jobs I've been processing at the border presently are vehicles shipped through cotonou and they were shipped by people residing in America and other countries.A sample is shown below for your perusal.
hey don't get me wrong I'm not trying to spoil or hark your Biz,I know you clear cars from Benin, those people who ship to cotonou do it first and last time only as shipping from US to benin and shipping to lagos cost same thing $1200 dollars, this is standard for all SUV and saloon cars.Now in ur own view tell me the benefit of shipping to cotonou when it cost same to ship to Lagos .?? lets forget cost of shipping from the US and purchasing from the US, how much would you clear and deliver a 2010 toyota highlander to Benin?lets do the maths cos I believe in figures.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
saintjoel:

I just re read this where did you get the idea that it will cost N1m to ship an E350 transit Benin?? or are you talking plus cost of buying it?
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
erico2k2:

I just re read this where did you get the idea that it will cost N1m to ship an E350 transit Benin?? or are you talking plus cost of buying it?

IT IS N1M AT THE NIGERIAN END WHILE IT WILL COST 500,000 CEFA OR IT'S NAIRA EQUIVALENT TO PAY FOR TRANSIT THROUGH BENIN TO THE NIGERIAN BORDER.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 9:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
saintjoel:

IT IS N1M AT THE NIGERIAN END WHILE IT WILL COST 500,000 CEFA OR IT'S NAIRA EQUIVALENT TO PAY FOR TRANSIT THROUGH BENIN TO THE NIGERIAN BORDER.
N1M from where to where, from US to Benin republic? Let me let you know it cost $1200 to ship from USA to Niger republic transit benin republic
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
erico2k2:

hey don't get me wrong I'm not trying to spoil or hark your Biz,I know you clear cars from Benin, those people who ship to cotonou do it first and last time only as shipping from US to benin and shipping to lagos cost same thing $1200 dollars, this is standard for all SUV and saloon cars.Now in ur own view tell me the benefit of shipping to cotonou when it cost same to ship to Lagos .?? lets forget cost of shipping from the US and purchasing from the US, how much would you clear and deliver a 2010 toyota highlander to Benin?lets do the maths cos I believe in figures.

SHIPPING THROUGH COTONOU -

BENIN - 500,000 CEFA * N375 (EXCHANGE RATE WHICH FLUCTUATES) = N187,500

NIGERIA - N500,000

TOTAL - N687500

SHIPPING THROUGH TINCAN

N750,000 - N800,000 (DEPENDS ON SHIPPING LINE AND OTHER LOGISTICS)......

LET'S USE 2012 VENZA HAS AN EXAMPLE TOO :-

SHIPPING THROUGH COTONOU -

BENIN - N187,500

NIGERIA - N650,000

TOTAL - N837,500

SHIPPING TRHOUGH TINCAN -

N1.1M - N1.2M.

***** KINDLY NOTE THAT THIS MIGHT NOT WORK FOR EVERY VEHICLE COMING FROM AMERICA AND OTHER COUNTRIES,WHAT I BASICALLY DO FOR CLIENTS IS THAT WE CALCULATE THE COST OF SHIPPING THROUGH TINCAN AND COTONOU,THEN WE USE THE CHEAPER OPTION.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 9:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
erico2k2:

N1M from where to where, from US to Benin republic? Let me let you know it cost $1200 to ship from USA to Niger republic transit benin republic

I SAID N1M FOR NIGERIAN CUSTOM DUTY AT THE NIGERIAN BORDER AND 500,000 CEFA FOR TRANSIT FROM BENIN TO THE NIGERIAN BORDER,THE IMPORTER TAKES CARE OF THE SHIPPING CHARGES FROM AMERICA TO BENIN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Umar - Female Taxi-driver In Abuja / Toyota Rav4 2001-2003 Ecm/ecu And Transmission Failure With Solutions / Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.