Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! (18352 Views)

Cow Takes A Ride In Honda Accord 2007 / Nissan Murano Experience ?? Pls Help / How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
saintjoel:

SHIPPING THROUGH COTONOU -

BENIN - 500,000 CEFA * N375 (EXCHANGE RATE WHICH FLUCTUATES) = N187,500

NIGERIA - N500,000

TOTAL - N687500

SHIPPING THROUGH TINCAN

N750,000 - N800,000 (DEPENDS ON SHIPPING LINE AND OTHER LOGISTICS)......

LET'S USE 2012 VENZA HAS AN EXAMPLE TOO :-

SHIPPING THROUGH COTONOU -

BENIN - N187,500

NIGERIA - N650,000

TOTAL - N837,500

SHIPPING TRHOUGH TINCAN -

N1.1M - N1.2M.

***** KINDLY NOTE THAT THIS MIGHT NOT WORK FOR EVERY VEHICLE COMING FROM AMERICA AND OTHER COUNTRIES,WHAT I BASICALLY DO FOR CLIENTS IS THAT WE CALCULATE THE COST OF SHIPPING THROUGH TINCAN AND COTONOU,THEN WE USE THE CHEAPER OPTION.
for clearity sake for those people not in the know, lets restrict it to cost of clearing.At this point its worthy to Not that this argument is not formed on the basis of clearing rather on the basis of cost of buying cos as me and you know the cost of clearing are constant what is not constant is the cost of buying the actual vehicle pre clearing and transfer, so my question to you again, how much would you say a 2008 camry or Unit of Merc 2014 E230 cost pre clearing at the car lot on average.and lets do the maths.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 9:59pm On Nov 22, 2015
erico2k2:

for clearity sake for those people not in the know, lets restrict it to cost of clearing.At this point its worthy to Not that this argument is not formed on the basis of clearing rather on the basis of cost of buying cos as me and you know the cost of clearing are constant what is not constant is the cost of buying the actual vehicle pre clearing and transfer, so my question to you again, how much would you say a 2008 camry or Unit of Merc 2014 E230 cost pre clearing at the car lot on average.and lets do the maths.

I am registered as an agent,I'm not into purchase of vehicles or pre-order,clients make the purchase and ship based on my expert advice. If they like,they can purchase at any value,my own part is too make sure it gets into Nigeria with proper documentation regardless of the entry point.

What I've listed are clearing CHARGES from COTONOU, SEME/IDIROKO BORDERS and TINCAN .
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
saintjoel:

I am registered as an agent,I'm not into purchase of vehicles or pre-order,clients make the purchase and ship based on my expert advice. If they like,they can purchase at any value,my own part is too make sure it gets into Nigeria with proper documentation regardless of the entry point.
If that's ur stance then you do not have any contribution to this topic as the original quest was cost of buying from Cotonou not cost of transferring or crossing cars from cotonou to Nigeria.And with Due respect Im sure you know where Im driving at hence you chose this exit cos me and you know cars in cotonou can never and will never be cheaper than cars in lagos Pre clearing.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 10:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
erico2k2:

If that's ur stance then you do not have any contribution to this topic as the original quest was cost of buying from Cotonou not cost of transferring or crossing cars from cotonou to Nigeria.And with Due respect Im sure you know where Im driving at hence you chose this exit cos me and you know cars in cotonou can never and will never be cheaper than cars in lagos Pre clearing.

IF THAT IS WHAT YOU MEANT,VEHICLES FROM COTONOU ARE SOMETIMES WAY CHEAPER THAT WHAT IS PURCHASED FROM LAGOS.

HOW MUCH WILL YOU BUY A 2008 FORD EDGE AND 2008 LANDCRUISER FROM AMERICA,SHIP AND CLEAR THROUGH TINCAN,THEN SELL ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS....PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE USING GRADE ONE VEHICLES AS SAMPLES.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
saintjoel:

IF THAT IS WHAT YOU MEANT,VEHICLES FROM COTONOU ARE SOMETIMES WAY CHEAPER THAT WHAT IS PURCHASED FROM LAGOS.

HOW MUCH WILL YOU BUY A 2008 FORD EDGE AND 2008 LANDCRUISER FROM AMERICA,SHIP AND CLEAR THROUGH TINCAN,THEN SELL ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS....PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE USING GRADE ONE VEHICLES AS SAMPLES.
yes thats waht I meant, Im not in dispute that it might be cheaper to clear a car via cotonou ,mind you I did about 14 cars through that channel, however the risk are too high plus the BP you gt. as per cost from the Us give me a sec.
I just checked 2008 edge $8500, would land it to lagos pre clearing.this is the true cost not plus profit, now the remaining is up to the clearing agent.Im sure you know the rest.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 10:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
erico2k2:

yes thats waht I meant, Im not in dispute that it might be cheaper to clear a car via cotonou ,mind you I did about 14 cars through that channel, however the risk are too high plus the BP you gt. as per cost from the Us give me a sec.

You will not get high BP if you've a reliable agent.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2015
saintjoel:

You will not get high BP if you've a reliable agent.
brove I checked $8500 will land a 2008 ford edge at lagos pre clearing.
I have up to 6 cars with Sump damage from cotonou,most of the saloon cars that went through there where damaged cos they where smuggled.The Only reason I went through cotonou was cos of age restrictions put on cars back then.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2015
erico2k2:

brove I checked $8500 will land a 2008 ford edge at lagos pre clearing.
I have up to 6 cars with Sump damage from cotonou,most of the saloon cars that went through there where damaged cos they where smuggled.The Only reason I went through cotonou was cos of age restrictions put on cars back then.

******* SMUGGLED,THAT IS WHAT I WAS WAITING TO HEAR SIR.

Let's assume we change dollar at N198.5 to 1$.

PURCHASE - 8,500$ * N198.5 = N1,687,500

SHIPPING - 1,200$ * N198.5 = N238,500

TINCAN - N650,000

TOTAL - N2,575,450:00

SALE IN LAGOS - N2.8 M - N3M....

FROM WHAT YOU CAN SEE BELOW,A DEALER GAVE ME 5,500 CEFA AS PURCHASE COST...

PURCHASE - 5,500 CEFA * N375 = N2M

DUTY - N450,000

TOTAL - N2.450M.

****** IT MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO EVERY VEHICLE COS SOME MIGHT BE CHEAPER IN LAGOS BUT CHECKS MUST BE RUN ON DUTY PAID BEFORE PURCHASE......

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 11:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
saintjoel:

TINCAN - N650,000

DUTY - N450,000

TOTAL - N2.450M.

****** IT MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO EVERY VEHICLE COS SOME MIGHT BE CHEAPER IN LAGOS BUT CHECKS MUST BE RUN ON DUTY PAID BEFORE PURCHASE......
let me quickly correct you, that price I gave was inclussive shiping the actual average cost of ford edge 2008 I saw was 7150
link http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5324509834.html
so re do your maths.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 11:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
saintjoel:

TINCAN - N650,000

DUTY - N450,000

TOTAL - N2.450M.

at purchase cost of N2m B4 clearing he killed you right there cos at the exchange rate you provided ie N198.5, mine cost N1,419,275.
that's in texas a port town so no need for interstate transport plus the plate number (title) stays with the car so you can drive it to the port.
So if I add shiping $1,200 N238,200, this is tru for all cars be it benin or Nigeria. that brings my cost to N1,657,475.Landing at lagos port.
to show you true cost of the car so U know Im not telling fibs here http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5324509834.html
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 6:26am On Nov 23, 2015
erico2k2:

at purchase cost of N2m B4 clearing he killed you right there cos at the exchange rate you provided ie N198.5, mine cost N1,419,275.
that's in texas a port town so no need for interstate transport plus the plate number (title) stays with the car so you can drive it to the port.
So if I add shiping $1,200 N238,200, this is tru for all cars be it benin or Nigeria. that brings my cost to N1,657,475.Landing at lagos port.
to show you true cost of the car so U know Im not telling fibs here http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5324509834.html

If you add N650,000,clearing CHARGES in TINCAN to the N1,657,475,you now have N2,307,475.With logistics to wherever it will be sold,we will be looking at almost N2.350,will you as a dealer sell for N2.4m,just a paltryN50,000:after you troubles and endless night of waiting for the ship to berth at TINCAN?

Shipping through Benin will cost N2,2949,75 to Nigeria after paying for Nigerian CUSTOM DUTY (450,000) and TRANSIT fees in COTONOU(500,000 CEFA), which to me is cost effective cos you as a dealer can now sell for like N2.350m / N2.450m(the same rate we purchase from cotonou).

****** ALSO NOTE THAT THE EXCHANGE I USED IS BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS,YOU CAN CHARGE DOLLAR AS HIGH N220:00
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 8:21am On Nov 23, 2015
saintjoel:

If you add N650,000,clearing CHARGES in TINCAN to the N1,657,475,you now have N2,307,475.With logistics to wherever it will be sold,we will be looking at almost N2.350,will you as a dealer sell for N2.4m,just a paltryN50,000:after you troubles and endless night of waiting for the ship to berth at TINCAN?

Shipping through Benin will cost N2,2949,75 to Nigeria after paying for Nigerian CUSTOM DUTY (450,000) and TRANSIT fees in COTONOU(500,000 CEFA), which to me is cost effective cos you as a dealer can now sell for like N2.350m / N2.450m(the same rate we purchase from cotonou).

****** ALSO NOTE THAT THE EXCHANGE I USED IS BASED ON ASSUMPTIONS,YOU CAN CHARGE DOLLAR AS HIGH N220:00
Like I said b4 I dnt want to spoil your Biz.at this point I think U already got the gist.b4 clearing both cost are same from Us to Benin or Lagos.Most people earn nothing frm car sales at times hence I pulled out after 14 years..The real beneficiaries in ur case are the agent who invest nada but time which is free.My argument in all of this is miss information on the part of the agents. Plz tell buyers the truth it's not cheaper to buy cars in cotonuo.the only thing that will be cheap or might be cheap is clearing plus the means to forge documents which %75 opt for cos they already bought the cars and yoy throw them into the deep ocean. They are faced with 2 choices 1 pay the normal fee which will mean the car becomes expensive than the lagos cleared or fly it ie smuggle saving them mayB N100 but then they have fake papers can't go Interstate. High BP at sighting customs anywhere on the rd.. So my friend it's cool wen U say you do nothing but fly cars to Nigeria but that's not shipping cars. .that's charging people to bring cars I to Nigeria from Benin
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 8:36am On Nov 23, 2015
erico2k2:

Like I said b4 I dnt want to spoil your Biz.at this point I think U already got the gist.b4 clearing both cost are same from Us to Benin or Lagos.Most people earn nothing frm car sales at times hence I pulled out after 14 years..The real beneficiaries in ur case are the agent who invest nada but time which is free.My argument in all of this is miss information on the part of the agents. Plz tell buyers the truth it's not cheaper to buy cars in cotonuo.the only thing that will be cheap or might be cheap is clearing plus the means to forge documents which %75 opt for cos they already bought the cars and yoy throw them into the deep ocean. They are faced with 2 choices 1 pay the normal fee which will mean the car becomes expensive than the lagos cleared or fly it ie smuggle saving them mayB N100 but then they have fake papers can't go Interstate. High BP at sighting customs anywhere on the rd.. So my friend it's cool wen U say you do nothing but fly cars to Nigeria but that's not shipping cars. .that's charging people to bring cars I to Nigeria from Benin

POINT OF CORRECTION, I DONT SMUGGLE VEHICLES INTO NIGERIA FROM COTONOU, TOUGH LUCK FOR YOU IF YOU'VE BEEN DOING THAT OR YOU STILL SMUGGLE VEHICLES.I'VE PRESENTED MORE. THAN ENOUGH PROOF THAT BUYING FROM COTONOU PAYS FOR SOME/MOST VEHICLES,WE ALL HAVE OUR INTEREST TO PROTECT BUT IF YOU GO THROUGH MY THREADS ON NAIRALAND,YOU'LL NEVER SEE WHERE I'VE SMUGGLED A VEHICLE,EVERY PAPER IS DOCUMENTED AND VEHICLES MOVE FREELY INSIDE NIGERIA.

THERE ARE SO MANY TIMES YOU PAY NORMAL CHARGES FOR VEHICLES AND THEY ARE STILL WAY CHEAPER THAN WHAT OBTAINS IN LAGOS.

HUNDREDS OF NIGERIANS SEEK FOR VEHICLES TO PURCHASE DAILY AND THEY HAVE VARIOUS OPTIONS,EITHER THEY PRE-ORDER,PURCHASE FROM LAGOS OR COTONOU AND AT THE END,EACH AS IT'S NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE SIDE,SO WHAT ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT.

DO THE DOCUMENTS BELOW LOOK LIKE FORGED PAPERS AND THE RAV4 PURCHASED FROM COTONOU WAS CHEAPER THAN THE VEHICLES SOLD IN LAGOS,THE C-number IS ATTACHED IF YOU WANT TO CONFIRM FROM CUSTOMS.

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Kashif(m): 8:37am On Nov 23, 2015
If you are importing yourself, go through Tincan. If you are buying, it is relatively cheaper (by about 100k) at Cotonou for a vehicle that is more than 2.5M, after paying duties. Why I hate Cotonou buys? Rolled back Odometers! angry

1 Like

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 8:42am On Nov 23, 2015
Kashif:
If you are importing yourself, go through Tincan. If you are buying, it is relatively cheaper (by about 100k) at Cotonou for a vehicle that is more than 2.5M, after paying duties. Why I hate Cotonou buys? Rolled back Odometers! angry

I CAN SEE THAT YOU ARE BACK WITH YOUR RUBBISH,SO IT IS NOT ABOUT SMUGGLING AGAIN,IT IS ABOUT ROLLED BACK ODOMETERS, CAN YOU GIVE US PROOF?
https://www.nairaland.com/1799354/cotonou-car-import-not-say

I STILL HAVE YOUR THREAD IN MY ARCHIVE AND TILL DATE,YOU'VE NOT COME UP WITH ANY EVIDENCE.SO YOU WANT TO TELL US THAT VEHICLES SHIPPED THROUGH TINCAN AND SOLD ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS DONT HAVE ODOMETERS ROLLED BACK.

COTONOU HAS AT THIS PRESENT MOMENT IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE YOU HAVE 1,200 HECTARES OF LAND CRAMMED WITH VEHCILES,SO IF YOU PLAN TO SELL VEHICLES WITH ROLLED BACK ODOMETERS,THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF DEALERS WITH NORMAL ODOMETERS READY TO SELL,SO WHO WILL DARE TAMPER WITH THE ODOMETER?
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 9:06am On Nov 23, 2015
erico2k2:

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE SMUGGLING /FLYING LIKE YOU CLAIM?

PICTURES SHOW PREVIOUS JOBS I'VE DONE BEEN INSPECTED BY CUSTOM OFFICERS,PICTURE TWO SHOWS A COROLLA I EVEN CLEARED FOR A CUSTOM OFFICER,SO WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE/PROOF THAT ALL AGENTS AT THE BORDER SMUGGLE VEHICLES INTO NIGERIA.

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 9:12am On Nov 23, 2015
erico2k2:

DO ALL THESE VEHICLES LOOK SMUGGLED?

THESE ARE VEHICLES AT VARIOUS STAGES OF EVALUATION,EXAMINATION AND RELEASING BY NCS OFFICIALS, EVEN SHOWING BENIN CUSTOMS OFFICERS TAKING INVENTORY BEFORE HANDING OVER TO NIGERIAN OFFICIALS.

NO OFFENCE BRO,YOU'VE MY RESPECT AS AN OLD-TIMER BUT IF PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS PURCHASE/SHIP THROUGH TINCAN OR COTONOU AS LONG AS BOTH ROUTES ARE OPEN AND EACH ROUTE AS IT'S OWN POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE SIDES.

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 10:09am On Nov 23, 2015
saintjoel:

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE SMUGGLING /FLYING LIKE YOU CLAIM?

PICTURES SHOW PREVIOUS JOBS I'VE DONE BEEN INSPECTED BY CUSTOM OFFICERS,PICTURE TWO SHOWS A COROLLA I EVEN CLEARED FOR A CUSTOM OFFICER,SO WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE/PROOF THAT ALL AGENTS AT THE BORDER SMUGGLE VEHICLES INTO NIGERIA.
Bro I can tell U I was doing cotonuo runs b4 U went to cotonuo if you claim it's so cheap try and buy a car in cotonuo and try to sell it yourself let's see how much you will make.I dare you.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 10:11am On Nov 23, 2015
saintjoel:

DO ALL THESE VEHICLES LOOK SMUGGLED?

THESE ARE VEHICLES AT VARIOUS STAGES OF EVALUATION,EXAMINATION AND RELEASING BY NCS OFFICIALS, EVEN SHOWING BENIN CUSTOMS OFFICERS TAKING INVENTORY BEFORE HANDING OVER TO NIGERIAN OFFICIALS.

NO OFFENCE BRO,YOU'VE MY RESPECT AS AN OLD-TIMER BUT IF PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS PURCHASE/SHIP THROUGH TINCAN OR COTONOU AS LONG AS BOTH ROUTES ARE OPEN AND EACH ROUTE AS IT'S OWN POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE SIDES.
My guy look that statement do this vehicle looks smuggled are for lame people and novice.the only time you will know if your car was smuggled is wen U get nabbed by customs.On face value you won't know unless there was physical damage.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 10:37am On Nov 23, 2015
erico2k2:

Bro I can tell U I was doing cotonuo runs b4 U went to cotonuo if you claim it's so cheap try and buy a car in cotonuo and try to sell it yourself let's see how much you will make.I dare you.

BUT UNFORTUNATELY,I DONT BUY TO RESELL,I ONLY CLEAR FOR END USERS AND DEALERS THAT ARENT CORRUPT.ORDINARILY, THE 2008 FORD EDGE I USE AS AN EXAMPLE SHOULD HAVE SOLVED THIS ISSUE, I HATE ARGUING WITH YOU OVER NOTHING.

IF THE 2008 FORD EDGE CAN BE ADVERTISED AT THE RATE OF N2.7M ON www.cheki.com AND I CAN BUY AT THE RATE OF N2.450M FROM COTONOU,WHICH OPTION WILL I GO FOR AS A DEALER/END USER?

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2015
erico2k2:

OR PURCHASING A LOCALLY USED CAMRY FOR N1.550M OR TOKS FOR N2.1M AS ADVERTISED BY CHEKI.COM ,WHEN I CAN BUY FOR N1.9M/N1.950M FROM COTONOU.

LIKE IT OR NOT SIR,SIXTY OUT OF HUNDRED PEOPLE WILL STILL CHOOSE PURCHASING THROUGH COTONOU THAN MAKING A PRE-ORDER OR PURCHASING ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS.

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 11:23am On Nov 23, 2015
saintjoel:

OR PURCHASING A LOCALLY USED CAMRY FOR N1.550M OR TOKS FOR N2.1M AS ADVERTISED BY CHEKI.COM ,WHEN I CAN BUY FOR N1.9M/N1.950M FROM COTONOU.

LIKE IT OR NOT SIR,SIXTY OUT OF HUNDRED PEOPLE WILL STILL CHOOSE PURCHASING THROUGH COTONOU THAN MAKING A PRE-ORDER OR PURCHASING ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS.
Of cos they would however that's the % go Car buyers in Nigeria that are ignorant. Check on here how many people who have a happy expirience with you guys.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 11:35am On Nov 23, 2015
erico2k2:

Of cos they would however that's the % go Car buyers in Nigeria that are ignorant. Check on here how many people who have a happy expirience with you guys.

THESE PEOPLE OUT OF SO MANY CAN'T BE WRONG,I'VE ALREADY AGREED WITH YOU THAT PURCHASE THROUGH COTONOU/LAGOS, EACH HAS IT'S OWN POSITIVE/NEGATIVE SIDE.

ejembi28:
Saintjoel: type DAT name and read through his profile ,he is  popularly called akogun gbenga he is a trusted Cotonou dealer,I just got 03 Camry tru him from cotonou within 3day to abuja thks

HeleaA:

It really has to be JELAD VENTURES !!!
I am one satisfied costumer of Jelad Ventures. Even though I did not hire them initially, once things appeared to get messy, Gbenga came in cleared things up.
I highly recommend and advise that you all employ Gbenga from START to FINISH for your car purchase business.

Suffice it to say that there are still some very Honest Nigerians.

Thank you very much Gbenga, I received my car in Benin City 2 days ago and I am still celebrating it...!

God Bless and keep us All.

Nosib:
It was nice to have worked with Jelad ventures and particularly Gbenga, God strengthen you, our business was a success and I endorse him as the goto guy for your car needs in Cotonou, cheers.

Tony

dcuteguy2g:
Just completed a transaction with these guys last thursday! I'll like to say here that Gbenga is a transparent and honest. Got my car delivered in 2 days. Friends say it was a nice car and I also luv the car anyways. Practically brand new.
Dealing with him was an eye opener and we'll surely do more biz together.

bafamsgloball:
Hello everybody,am here speakin with full assurance that Gbenga is genuine,real,original and one of. The best agents with honesty.He has done it for. Me. Gettin me a very good nd neat Rav4 at a very good price. And original custom papers with all duty fully paid,I drove my car gallantly in customs presence without issues becoz ave got  genuine papers done by Gbenga.Pls patronise him if U need a good nd reliable. Job to be done.Thank you.08062948193

olumide4christ:
Hi Oga Gbenga,

Its me, Olumide, your customer whom we both went to Cotonou last year in January 2014 to get a Mazda MPV 2004 (your 1st transaction involving a Mazda MPV) and you later brought the car to my house in Oworonshoki, Lagos. (You also forgot your Airtel SIM in the car). I hope you remember me now. I can see Jelad Ventures is moving in giant strides, I'm happy to see that.

I have told quite a number of people about you since then and hopefully, some will soon decide to link up with you in Cotonou do get their vehicles successfully just as I did. By God's grace, when its time to get a car for my wife, we shall see again.

TO ALL NAIRALANDERS - Last year was my first time dealing with Jelad Ventures and I must say that based on my transaction with him, Mr. Gbenga is a very sincere and straight-forward person. Infact, my trip to Seme/ Cotonou to get a car also turned out to be an excursion/ retreat of some sorts (Badagry Musuem, etc). I encourage you to patronize Jelad Ventures - you won't regret it.

saintjoel:

[quote author=Issyman post=19156274]

I am the person Gbenga was referring to. I have been a nairalander since 2007 but starting visiting auto section of the forum this year july when a friend advised me to buy a Volvo s80. through my research about the car cos I don't know what it looks like and the cost. I then came across this thread by Saintjoel and took my time to read all he has to say about buying a car from cotonou. my mind set about cotonou cars changed immediately. to cut the long story short, we became friends via phone conversations and sms  since july. I was convinced that this guy called gbenga must be a sincere person. Dear Nairalanders, I sent money to Gbenga that I ve never met before in my life and behold the car in the pics got to me in Abuja within one week. 
I recommend Gbenga (saintjoel) to anyone intending to buy car(s) from cotonou. don't mind how many times you will have to call him before he picks your calls. Pls don't ask me if this an arrangement to fool you cos its not. This is a genuine confirmation of dealing with Jelad Ventures.
Like he said we had our differences on the car and at a point I became afraid of what I did by sending money to someone I ve never met. All the details of the transaction he gave me correlates with the custom documents. 
Gbenga, a word of advise for you also, communication gap is not good for customers' relationship, improve on this part.
thank you Gbenga. thank you JELAD VENTURES.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Kashif(m): 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
saintjoel:

POINT OF CORRECTION, I DONT SMUGGLE VEHICLES INTO NIGERIA FROM COTONOU, TOUGH LUCK FOR YOU IF YOU'VE BEEN DOING THAT OR YOU STILL SMUGGLE VEHICLES.I'VE PRESENTED MORE. THAN ENOUGH PROOF THAT BUYING FROM COTONOU PAYS FOR SOME/MOST VEHICLES,WE ALL HAVE OUR INTEREST TO PROTECT BUT IF YOU GO THROUGH MY THREADS ON NAIRALAND,YOU'LL NEVER SEE WHERE I'VE SMUGGLED A VEHICLE,EVERY PAPER IS DOCUMENTED AND VEHICLES MOVE FREELY INSIDE NIGERIA.

THERE ARE SO MANY TIMES YOU PAY NORMAL CHARGES FOR VEHICLES AND THEY ARE STILL WAY CHEAPER THAN WHAT OBTAINS IN LAGOS.

HUNDREDS OF NIGERIANS SEEK FOR VEHICLES TO PURCHASE DAILY AND THEY HAVE VARIOUS OPTIONS,EITHER THEY PRE-ORDER,PURCHASE FROM LAGOS OR COTONOU AND AT THE END,EACH AS IT'S NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE SIDE,SO WHAT ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT.

DO THE DOCUMENTS BELOW LOOK LIKE FORGED PAPERS AND THE RAV4 PURCHASED FROM COTONOU WAS CHEAPER THAN THE VEHICLES SOLD IN LAGOS,THE C-number IS ATTACHED IF YOU WANT TO CONFIRM FROM CUSTOMS.

You post somebody's document on a public domain without permission? Very unprofessional, not matter what you are trying to prove.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Kashif(m): 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
saintjoel:

I CAN SEE THAT YOU ARE BACK WITH YOUR RUBBISH,SO IT IS NOT ABOUT SMUGGLING AGAIN,IT IS ABOUT ROLLED BACK ODOMETERS, CAN YOU GIVE US PROOF?
https://www.nairaland.com/1799354/cotonou-car-import-not-say

I STILL HAVE YOUR THREAD IN MY ARCHIVE AND TILL DATE,YOU'VE NOT COME UP WITH ANY EVIDENCE.SO YOU WANT TO TELL US THAT VEHICLES SHIPPED THROUGH TINCAN AND SOLD ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS DONT HAVE ODOMETERS ROLLED BACK.

COTONOU HAS AT THIS PRESENT MOMENT IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE YOU HAVE 1,200 HECTARES OF LAND CRAMMED WITH VEHCILES,SO IF YOU PLAN TO SELL VEHICLES WITH ROLLED BACK ODOMETERS,THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF DEALERS WITH NORMAL ODOMETERS READY TO SELL,SO WHO WILL DARE TAMPER WITH THE ODOMETER?

Auch! why the bitterness? In my thread quoted, I emphasised the odometer rollback, which was not prevalent before. If you honestly do not know Cotonou was not like this before then, I have been there before you started off. You need to learn the ropes.

You have my thread in your archives? grin shocked Is it that important to you? On the other hand, you just refreshed my memory about you! I have nothing against you so, take it not personal. You did not create this thread, and the OP was asking for experiences unlimited. Don't hijack it because people are standing up to misinformation. Cotonou IS NOT CHEAPER THAN BUYING HERE, DEPENDING ON THE AGE OF THE VEHICLE. I have stated that here, if you read that part. I have never landed any vehicle at the agent's estimate. Only one agent gave me a realistic estimate, and I thought he was not serious. Reason for making small change is that agents tend to be able to devalue vehicles more at the land borders than sea border. Note, year of manufacture is missing on the duty certificate you posted.

Are you the only Cotonou dealer on Nairaland? Why do you always jump into any thread saying Cotonou is not always the best? It is not healthy.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Kashif(m): 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
mjay:
Ave a cousin who is constantly under the fear of customs anytimehe has to travel out of Lagos simply because his car is coutonou bought. Twice the car was impounded along the road. The conclusion is that he wants to prematurely sell the car. Priority in his replacement option is that it must be Lagos cleared.

**Just realised how old thread is**
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
Kashif:

Auch! why the bitterness? In my thread quoted, I emphasised the odometer rollback, which was not prevalent before. If you honestly do not know Cotonou was not like this before then, I have been there before you started off. You need to learn the ropes.

You have my thread in your archives? grin shocked Is it that important to you? On the other hand, you just refreshed my memory about you! I have nothing against you so, take it not personal. You did not create this thread, and the OP was asking for experiences unlimited. Don't hijack it because people are standing up to misinformation. Cotonou IS NOT CHEAPER THAN BUYING HERE, DEPENDING ON THE AGE OF THE VEHICLE. I have stated that here, if you read that part. I have never landed any vehicle at the agent's estimate. Only one agent gave me a realistic estimate, and I thought he was not serious. Reason for making small change is that agents tend to be able to devalue vehicles more at the land borders than sea border. Note, year of manufacture is missing on the duty certificate you posted.

Are you the only Cotonou dealer on Nairaland? Why do you always jump into any thread saying Cotonou is not always the best? It is not healthy.

I'm not bitter about anything and yes,I will always "jump into any thread" as long as people like you try to smear our image,I'm not concerned if any other so called agents or dealers refuse to interfere.If I can't contribute to THREADS about purchases,shipping through cotonou and other issues pertaining to DUTY payment at the port and BORDERS,what else do you want me to do?

Let me also burst your bubble,I've been dealing with cotonou since I was in my teens cos I grew up around the border with my relatives originally from cotonou but we grew up in Nigeria,so if you think my adverts on NAIRALAND can be used to analyze my experience with purchases from cotonou,you're on a long thing sir.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by llade(m): 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
saintjoel:
I now see that many people commenting on this thread are novices when purchasing vehicles from cotonou and clearing them through the border.

When it comes to entry points into Nigeria,there are various entry points like land BORDERS and sea ports,there are CUSTOM commands also at these BORDERS with a mandate to check smuggling and also process DUTY for vehicles and goods shipped through cotonou and other countries.

People are always quick to lay the blame on agents plying their trade around the border and I also laughed when someone claimed you can just walk into a valuation unit to obtain values anf also walk into the bank and pay DUTY without acknowledging the technicalities surrounding DUTY payment by licensed clearing agents and I'm so ashamed that till now,none of the so called agents on NAIRALAND has come forward to defend what we do.

Every CUSTOM document you get from the border comes with what we call a C-number (CUSTOMS VERIFICATION NUMBER) and it is like a pin,the type you use to recharge your mobile phones,every vehicle that has original papers has it's own C-number and it is also used for verification by customs or any other person.

What happens is that so many people are always gullible when it comes to purchasing from cotonou,I've seen instances where people will tell me that the qoute I've given them as an agent is expensive,some will tell you that they gotten qoutes like 08 Camry for one million naira,these people fall into the hands of fraudulent agents at the end of the day but when the want to tell people close to them,they'll blame every other person plying his/her trade along the border without explaining that they were the gullible ones.
https://www.nairaland.com/1460599/clear-containerized-goods-vehicles-ease

https://www.nairaland.com/1245239/cheapaccident-free-cars-4rm-cotonou

https://www.nairaland.com/1572889/custom-duty-payment-made-easier

These are topics that has always dealt with purchase,shipping and CUSTOM DUTY PAYMENT through cotonou without hassles.

I think the reason people are still in the dark about purchase or shipping through cotonou is just because many of the so called agents on NAIRALAND have refused to come forward and settle issues,many of them are just ordinary people advertising as agents and this is part of what makes people believe that we are not legit.
https://www.nairaland.com/2148498/cotonou-dealers-importers-agents-thread

If you want to purchase/ship through cotonou,make sure you start the whole process through a credible and reliable agent,also make sure you don't fall for the fallacies of a 2010 camry been sold for N700,000 or CUSTOM DUTY for a 2013 gl450 is N650,000. Things like this will make you fall into the hands of fraudulent people out there.

The papers attached are some documents obtained from SEME BORDER and the vehicle was moved from SEME to Benin in edo state without hassles,even the owner has a testimony on nairaland.
Thanks for educating us.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
saintjoel:

LOOK ALL THOSE DOCS YOU SHOWING CAN BE FORGED IN LESS THAN 20 MINS,HOWEVER I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE FORGED SO THOSE DOCS DO NOT PROVE A THING,HOWEVER HOWCOME YOU CANT SHOW US ANY DOCS FROM TEH BENIN REPUBLIC.At this point may I say howmany Nigerians actualy clear cars in cotonuo almost none, everyone is an agent and transport cars from benin to Nigeria, look I have been at both end from US,Uk to Benin to Nigeria, so i deff know my onions.YOu've said you have nothing to do with buying cars rather but moving them across teh border, to that I say fair enough.Do U remember wen we asked cotonou dealers like yourselves to post VIN of cars you list? you remember your reaction you and others??
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
erico2k2:

LOOK ALL THOSE DOCS YOU SHOWING CAN BE FORGED IN LESS THAN 20 MINS,HOWEVER I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE FORGED SO THOSE DOCS DO NOT PROVE A THING,HOWEVER HOWCOME YOU CANT SHOW US ANY DOCS FROM TEH BENIN REPUBLIC.At this point may I say howmany Nigerians actualy clear cars in cotonuo almost none, everyone is an agent and transport cars from benin to Nigeria, look I have been at both end from US,Uk to Benin to Nigeria, so i deff know my onions.YOu've said you have nothing to do with buying cars rather but moving them across teh border, to that I say fair enough.Do U remember wen we asked cotonou dealers like yourselves to post VIN of cars you list? you remember your reaction you and others??

THE REASON I WAS AMONGST THOSE THAT KICKED AGAINST IT WAS BORNE ON THE FACT THAT UNLIKE LAGOS CAR MARTS,IT IS AN IMPOSSIBLE TASK GETTING THE VIN OF EVERY VEHICLE AVAILABLE IN COTONOU UNLESS THE PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMER HAS A PARTICULAR BRAND IN MIND, DO YOU GO WRITING EVERY VIN OF VEHICLES AVAILABLE IN AMERICA BEFORE YOUR CUSTOMER CLEARLY STATES THE VEHICLE HE/SHE NEEDS.

IF A CUSTOMER HAS SHOWN INTEREST IN A PARTICULAR BRAND,ALL I DO IS GO INTO THE MARKET WITH MY MECHANIC,RUN CHECKS ON THE PARTICULAR MODEL AND AFTER INSPECTING,WE TAKE PICTURES OF THE VEHICLES INSPECTED AND WE BELIEVE ARE OKAY, MAYBE LIKE FOUR/FIVE,WE ALSO JOT DOWN THE VIN AND THEN RUN COMPREHENSIVE CHECKS ON THE HISTORY.

IN AN AREA,WHERE YOU HAVE ALMOST EIGHT PARKS WITH HUNDREDS OF SUB-PARKS IN THEM,COVERING MORE THAN 1,200 HECTARES OF LAND,IT IS IMPOSSIBLE GETTING THE VIN OF EVERY VEHICLE. SOME PICTURES BELOW SHOW SECTIONS OF SOME PARKS.

THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE SHIPPING/PURCHASING THROUGH COTONOU.

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by erico2k2(m): 12:35am On Nov 24, 2015
saintjoel:

THE REASON I WAS AMONGST THOSE THAT KICKED AGAINST IT WAS BORNE ON THE FACT THAT UNLIKE LAGOS CAR MARTS,IT IS AN IMPOSSIBLE TASK GETTING THE VIN OF EVERY VEHICLE AVAILABLE IN COTONOU UNLESS THE PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMER HAS A PARTICULAR BRAND IN MIND, DO YOU GO WRITING EVERY VIN OF VEHICLES AVAILABLE IN AMERICA BEFORE YOUR CUSTOMER CLEARLY STATES THE VEHICLE HE/SHE NEEDS.

IF A CUSTOMER HAS SHOWN INTEREST IN A PARTICULAR BRAND,ALL I DO IS GO INTO THE MARKET WITH MY MECHANIC,RUN CHECKS ON THE PARTICULAR MODEL AND AFTER INSPECTING,WE TAKE PICTURES OF THE VEHICLES INSPECTED AND WE BELIEVE ARE OKAY, MAYBE LIKE FOUR/FIVE,WE ALSO JOT DOWN THE VIN AND THEN RUN COMPREHENSIVE CHECKS ON THE HISTORY.

IN AN AREA,WHERE YOU HAVE ALMOST EIGHT PARKS WITH HUNDREDS OF SUB-PARKS IN THEM,COVERING MORE THAN 1,200 HECTARES OF LAND,IT IS IMPOSSIBLE GETTING THE VIN OF EVERY VEHICLE. SOME PICTURES BELOW SHOW SECTIONS OF SOME PARKS.

THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE SHIPPING/PURCHASING THROUGH COTONOU.
YOu missed the point, what was asked then was vehicles handled by you to get their VIn posted, if you think its worthy enough for you to snap a pic and put on here, take a moment to post the VIN too cos that will open up its history.We never asked for every vehicle when you are not the importer, however if you was the importer and you imported 100 cars, you will have their VIN in every Docs that comes with them.If you noticed some of the importers even though their cars come from places like texas and california, where the title comes with the car, they will take it off cos you can search with the number plate.
on that page, it was asked that if you post a pic of a car for sale include its VIN,was that too much to ask? the lagos boys did, buy cotonou people nada, but I understood why, it was cos none of the cotonou people own the cars, but none were man enough to admit this, mayB scared of losing customers I don't know.
NB: you still have not shown me any Docs from the benin side of things?cos those will contain the VIN numbers of the cars you have dealt with.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by saintjoel(m): 2:52am On Nov 24, 2015
erico2k2:

YOu missed the point, what was asked then was vehicles handled by you to get their VIn posted, if you think its worthy enough for you to snap a pic and put on here, take a moment to post the VIN too cos that will open up its history.We never asked for every vehicle when you are not the importer, however if you was the importer and you imported 100 cars, you will have their VIN in every Docs that comes with them.If you noticed some of the importers even though their cars come from places like texas and california, where the title comes with the car, they will take it off cos you can search with the number plate.
on that page, it was asked that if you post a pic of a car for sale include its VIN,was that too much to ask? the lagos boys did, buy cotonou people nada, but I understood why, it was cos none of the cotonou people own the cars, but none were man enough to admit this, mayB scared of losing customers I don't know.
NB: you still have not shown me any Docs from the benin side of things?cos those will contain the VIN numbers of the cars you have dealt with.

Lol,just can't stop laughing,so it's not about SMUGGLING again but about VIN.So you actually expect me to start posting VIN OF EVERY VEHICLE that has passed through the border,kindly stop fighting a lost battle.

Let me just give you a sneak preview of a job I did once,I can go posting VINs of vehicles that are already in their owners possession over an open forum but let me use this to burst your bubble,I don't help buy accidented cars from cotonou unlike dealers like you who are into it just to maximise your profit or even go into SMUGGLING.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Interesting Facts About Supercars/sportscars That Most People Might Not Know / Save Your Salary For A Year, What Car Can You Afford ? / Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.