Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? (68765 Views)

Which State In Nigeria Is Cheap And Safe To Live In With Nightlife? / What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? / Benue State Has The Most Amazing Hills: A Tourist Delight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by MrNice04(m): 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2022
tctrills:

A truly religious man would respect others' freedom to interact and relate as they will. Somewhere in the bible, it is written "Choose you this day whom you would serve.'
If you are as religious as you claim, you would allow others to choose and not impose your opinions on them.
freedom does not exist bro
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by tctrills: 12:01am On Sep 15, 2022
MrNice04:
freedom does not exist bro
Your opinion.
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Peacecore: 12:05am On Sep 15, 2022
[quote author=Jashub post=116672533] Top five capitals in the in the north :

Kaduna

Kano

Sokoto

Plateau (jos)

[b]Daura[/b]So comrade Daura na capital grin

1 Like

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Jashub: 5:51am On Sep 15, 2022
[quote author=Peacecore post=116674880][/quote] Shut up . Katsina town the state capital but I prefer Duara
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Jashub: 5:52am On Sep 15, 2022
falcon01:
is Daura a capital?
Katsina town is the state capital, but I preferred Daura
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Jashub: 5:52am On Sep 15, 2022
Dadee01:

Ah! Bros so you can lie like this?
Bros na lion you be o. I hail you bros.
Oga, STFU ...FUT Minna is the only thing making Minna stand till date . When ASUU goes on strike all commercial activities in that town becomes suspended . Just go to Bosso now and see ...

2 Likes

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by KingAzubuike(f): 7:14am On Sep 15, 2022
Jashub:
Top five capitals in the in the north :

Kaduna

Kano

Sokoto

Plateau (jos)

Katsina town

Oga minna netter pass sokoto and katsina. No dey talk nonsense. You're just talking out if sentiments .. be like na 20 years back you visit minna.
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by fiizznation: 7:30am On Sep 15, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Oga minna netter pass sokoto and katsina. No dey talk nonsense. You're just talking out if sentiments .. be like na 20 years back you visit minna.
I ignored the guy because of his childish sentiment. The guy is childish. If minna is bad then obviously every state capital in the North is bad excluding kano and maybe Kaduna.

Minna is at per with Kaduna at the level of development. What I think the state lacks is good leadership. Because no one will compare a hardworking governor like elrufai to that incompetent Niger state governor.

If you tell me that there isn't enough commercial activities going on in Minna compare to kaduna/kano that's when I won't even argue with you.

When I want some quiet time, Minna or Ilorin are the places I usually go just because of the peaceful scenery.

3 Likes

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by KingAzubuike(f): 8:09am On Sep 15, 2022
fiizznation:
I ignored the guy because of his childish sentiment. The guy is childish. If minna is bad then obviously every state capital in the North is bad excluding kano and maybe Kaduna.

Minna is at per with Kaduna at the level of development. What I think the state lacks is good leadership. Because no one will compare a hardworking governor like elrufai to that incompetent Niger state governor.

If you tell me that there isn't enough commercial activities going on in Minna compare to kaduna/kano that's when I won't even argue with you.

When I want some quiet time, Minna or Ilorin are the places I usually go just because of the peaceful scenery.
He's just bitter and frustrated that's why he's bashing the town. Minna will easily enter top 5 in the north. I'm not a full resident of minna but the many occasions I've visited, it's not as bad as the guy is painting it. Ita more developed than hes painting it and cool. It's even more developed than some state capital in the east most especially Abia. In the west , its better than oshogbo. The only part oshogbo beats it is electricity. Minna should compete with akure sef.

The problem with minna is that it's not a commercial hub. It's majorly for civil serveants. Hence, youths form a bulk of the population due to the presence of futminna, COE and other schools as well as NYSC corpers. Minna is a very youthful town.

Even Bida will compete with many state capitals .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by KingAzubuike(f): 8:16am On Sep 15, 2022
fiizznation:

If minna is that bad, KFC and coldstone wouldn't even dare open an outlet there. As at february when I visited, it was 60% complete. Don't know how far they've gone now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Jashub: 9:31am On Sep 15, 2022
KingAzubuike:

STFU. I dey Minna right now ...and the place be like burial ground. Una go just dey make noise from other locations without even being in the place you are supporting . Nonsense

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:35am On Sep 15, 2022
Jashub:
STFU. I dey Minna right now ...and the place be like burial ground. Una go just dey make noise from other locations without even being in the place you are supporting . Nonsense
Mr man keep quiet. You just dey talk nonsense since. Weytin minna do you exactly ? Na there dem thief your girlfriend? Minna is not a bad as the way you're painting it. It's you that need to work on yourself. Gather money, go out, mingle with those nupe, kambari, Gwari, hausa , fulani girls. Minna is more developed that Bida yet Bida alone can even compete with many state capitals so weytin you dey misyarn.

1 Like

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:38am On Sep 15, 2022
Many people even prefer staying in minna than Abuja due to the lower cost of living and serene, peaceful and calm aura.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Jashub: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Mr man keep quiet. You just dey talk nonsense since. Weytin minna do you exactly ? Na there dem thief your girlfriend? Minna is not a bad as the way you're painting it. It's you that need to work on yourself. Gather money, go out, mingle with those nupe, kambari, Gwari, hausa , fulani girls. Minna is more developed that Bida yet Bida alone can even compete with many state capitals so weytin you dey misyarn.
...so is that the reason why you are not living there ? Why dont you come back to Minna na....idiot . You will be typing rubbish from another location when you fully know that the state is just another nonsense on the map of Nigeria
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:41am On Sep 15, 2022
Jashub:
...so is that the reason why you are not living there ? Why dont you come back to Minna na....idiot . You will be typing rubbish from another location when you fully know that your state is just another nonsense on the map of Nigeria
Minna don frustrate you no doubt. You're just bitter. Baba weyrey
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Jashub: 9:43am On Sep 15, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Minna don frustrate you no doubt. You're just bitter. Baba weyrey
Idiot. So you know Minna is frustrating, yet you are saying it is developed. Can you see your life ... grin
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:51am On Sep 15, 2022
Jashub:
Idiot. So you know Minna is frustrating, yet you are saying it is developed. Can you see your life ... grin
It is frustrating to only you I said. Reason you're bitter, frustrated , hopeless and teary

1 Like

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by falcon01: 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
Jashub:
Katsina town is the state capital, but I preferred Daura
bruh... I've stayed in both places what are you saying?? Katsina is better than Daura by a very far Magine haba! Where did you say in katsina?
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by nsiba: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
seunny4lif:
Lokoja
Akure
Ado-Ekiti
Sokoto, that state have produced more than 2 presidents yet rubbish
Gusau

Sokoto only Shagari as President but Kastina 2, Ogun 2, Niger 2 while Abacha and Muritala both claimed kano
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Kojiek: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
BigDick70inch:

That's jux the truth any ways.....
Did my nysc there.....

Not the caal city I know. Probably you served elswhere in the state, not the capital.

4 Likes

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by BentizilL: 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
KingAzubuike:

He's just bitter and frustrated that's why he's bashing the town. Minna will easily enter top 5 in the north. I'm not a full resident of minna but the many occasions I've visited, it's not as bad as the guy is painting it. Ita more developed than hes painting it and cool. It's even more developed than some state capital in the east most especially Abia. In the west , its better than oshogbo. The only part oshogbo beats it is electricity. Minna should compete with akure sef.

The problem with minna is that it's not a commercial hub. It's majorly for civil serveants. Hence, youths form a bulk of the population due to the presence of futminna, COE and other schools as well as NYSC corpers. Minna is a very youthful town.

Minna is not better than any state capital in the West, stop exaggerating... shocked

No be same Minna wey dey Niger state? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by EndsarsReloaded: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
KingAzubuike:

[b]The problem with minna is that it's not a commercial hub. It's majorly for civil serveants. Hence, youths form a bulk of the population due to the presence of futminna, COE and other schools as well as NYSC corpers. [/b]Minna is a very youthful town.

Based on the highlighted part, you ended up proving that Minna is actually a one horse town.

If just a university and college of education along with corpers is what makes Minna to bubble then I'm sorry, it's a glorified village.

Take for instance, Owerri has 3 universities, two polytechnics, and colleges yet you can't notice when students are in session or not.
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by detectivejones: 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
Markudi looks like a local government. BTW Lokoja is bad as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by KingAzubuike(f): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

Based on the highlighted part, you ended up proving that Minna is actually a one horse town.

If just a university and college of education along with corpers is what makes Minna to bubble then I'm sorry, it's a glorified village.

Take for instance, Owerri has 3 universities, two polytechnics, and colleges yet you can't notice when students are in session or not.
Bubbling or not is not the argument here. We are talking about development and its not as bad as the kid is painting it. Minna is better than abia capital in terms of modernization.
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
nsiba:

Sokoto only Shagari as President but Kastina 2, Ogun 2, Niger 2 while Abacha and Muritala both claimed kano
Yeah, you are right. I mixed up Kastina which gave us both Muhammadu Buhari and Musa Yar'Adua.
Thanks for the correction
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by seunny4lif(m): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
Why did IMO state government just gave everything to Owerri apart from FUTO which is federal
EndsarsReloaded:

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Monaboo(m): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Iyanda13(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
EduBrazil1991:
I have been to 17 state capitals and Lokoja is surely the worst.

Poor development and the atmosphere is naturally UGLY and unconducive.

75% correct....

2 Likes

Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Rebirth212: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
Jashub:
Try visiting Minna , Niger state. You will think you were in 1934

Guy U are no point ....... Dat state is too dirty.....
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by mnwogu(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2022
Una no serious. Come Umuahia and see it all. Village people wey dey that state capital no dey sleep.
Re: Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? by Lexicent(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2022
Omo9ja147:
I give it to lokoja.
i give it to taraba

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

10 Cities In Nigeria Where Pidgin English Is Most Spoken / I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.