Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

My Husband Raped Me. - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Husband Raped Me. (53185 Views)

Lasizwe Dambuza: Pastor Timothy Omotoso Raped Me / 'How Richard Kpodo Raped Me Without A Condom In Hotel' - Lady Tells Court / "Oryina Orvaa @OryinaDegreat Kidnapped & Raped Me" - Liz @abbyollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Stronghold91: 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:

A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.
Have you ever heard about rape in marriage or have you ever experience it.

Sex is something we must talk about before going marriage.

Check this out for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYaBqJ0zj4

anty you are insult to
womanhood there is nothing like
rape in marriage
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Acidosis(m): 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
...does touching your wife's a*s constitute sexual harassment? Do you need her consent to touch her a*s?? If your answer is "NO", then there is no justification whatsoever to apply the word "rape" to marriage.

If you married a sexual predator or beast, then go sort yourself. You consented to sex the moment you said your "I do's."

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Lekan239(m): 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

Ok. Let's say the wife is so tired and exhausted that she couldn't lift a finger and the husband forced himself on her after she had explained that she doesn't want sex.
What would you call that? Assault?
so the wife will run to court and tell the judge that I told him I am tired, yet he have sex with me abi. And the court will sentence the man to 10years in prison abi?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Qtrpst4: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
It is you that is spilling nonsense. You should check the meaning of marriage instead of talking nonsense
jeromestarks:

There can be rape even in marriage. Check the definition of rape before you come out here to spill nonsense.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by sprints1: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
I am ever greatful to God he didn't create me a woman. That gender is so confused like Buhari. Rape in marriage what nonsense.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by rosechika1994: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
A woman should only refuse sex from her man when she is in her monthly flow, everything else means she gets external satisfaction.

A woman must be submissive to her man.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by byteem: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
Eriokanmi:
So, what happens when the husband isn't in the mood due to emotional trauma caused by family wahala or work stress but the wife forced him cos she's in the mood? What do we call that?

Its called work .. its a husbands duty to service his wife failure to do that is a ground for divorce and vice versa
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Flows001(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
obedience4:

You are still living in the stone age,.
A woman has her right to refuse sex even in marriage.
Many of your kind with this mentality are wearing Orange jumpsuit here in the USA
Oga there is nothing like rape in Marriage.
The so called "CONSENT" of a woman is by law; legally taken away from her when it comes to having sex with her lawfully married husband...
The only exception where she can succeed in an action for rape is when the Court has granted a Decree of JUDICIAL SEPARATION which can possibly lead to a divorce (they certainly wont be cohabiting under the same roof), and the husband goes ahead and sleeps with her without her consent.
Any other reason apart from that is in futility as no Court will convict such man...

I'm a Lawyer.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dollynnn(f): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
byteem:

No she can only be charged as an accessory to rape .. not for the act itself .. its different from murder charges where a person who procures a murder can be charged for the murder itself

Check Section 7 of the Criminal Code that deals with principal offenders before engaging me
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Kaytixy: 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

There can be rape even in marriage. Check the definition of rape before you come out here to spill nonsense.
oga you are the one spilling nonesense. Nothing like rape in marriage. All these stupid girls will be forming rubbish in marriage. Which nonesense definition are you talking about mr. Awe
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by HumanoidX: 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:

No need for insults keep it civil

The only reason no man anywhere in the world even police won't prosecute rape against an husband is because by law during marriage ceremony you are officially giving consent to your legally married husband

Marriage is the legal union of a couple as spouses. The basic elements of a marriage are: (1) the parties' legal ability to marry each other, (2) mutual consent of the parties, and (3) a marriage contract as required by law.

I suggest you read about marital/spousal rape.
Nigeria is a zoo.

In saner climes, you can be convicted under law. It was difficult to prove for many years but it is real. She's not your property. No means No.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/first-marital-rape-conviction-recorded-1.1089006

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Middleborn: 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
This is crazy. This is the very reason why so many men are still single and have no intention of settling down.

I'm a firm believer of a woman letting a man a little loose if they cannot satisfy him and vice versa. Apparently, the man has a higher libido than his wife, but doesnt want to cheat because he loves her. She probably is a sexy ass woman and have all the curves in the right places. Perhaps she lies on the bed naked or half naked. Then a man, legally married and truly loves his wife has to nurse his boner by thinking of Jesus and his kingdom because his sexy wife doesnt want to fvck.
When he decides to get his bitches for days like these, she will cry foul. Women should be emotionally intelligent enough to understand that their man can feel strong urges for sex many more times than they will, so if you're not gonna satisfy him everytime you feel not in the mood, then you might as well not feel destroyed when he fvcks a bitch. He still loves you, you can't satisfy him.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by obedience4(m): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
Flows001:

Oga there is nothing like rape in Marriage.
The so called "CONSENT" of a woman is by law; legally taken away from her when it comes to having sex with her lawfully married husband...
The only exception where she can succeed in an action for rape is when the Court has granted a Decree of JUDICIAL SEPARATION which can possibly lead to a divorce (they certainly wont be cohabiting under the same roof), and the husband goes ahead and sleeps with her without her consent.
Any other reason apart from that is in futility as no Court will convict such man...

I'm a Lawyer.

Have seen lot if conviction of rape in marriage..
I go compiled them send for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by victorazy(m): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

There is no rape in marriage.
Obviously, you don't know the meaning of marriage and rape.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Okhuadams(m): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:
cool

There is no rape in marriage

All sex in marriage is legal conjugal rights of both parties

Did you forget your wedding vows of for better for worse

You can't even take it to court or win

If you don't want to have sex abeg stay away from marriage and quickly file for divorce

Starving your partner of sex is a sin

and forcing her is the best option pple like you tend to talk anyhow as if they even know anything. I hope it happens to someone cLose to you then you will know how it hurts. Ingredients and Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by ebuclassic18(m): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
I guess you promised him sex at all time if he pays your bride prize, now he has payed your denying him sex calm down madam
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by alabo1: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
Fahvvy:
As "somehow-ish" as it sounds, it is indeed very possible for spousal rape to occur undecided...

On a personal note...
If my wife consistently denies me se.x without a good enough reason, I'll have to outsource undecided...

I see no reason why my needs should be deprived consistently over time without a good enough reason undecided...

Thank you. I don't even see the issue. For me I don't even used to bother. When she needs it she lets me know. Man get too many things to think about than killing yourself over access to your wife. Any delay I outsource and maintain.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wallade(m): 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
obedience4:

You are still living in the stone age,.
A woman has her right to refuse sex even in marriage.
Many of your kind with this mentality are wearing Orange jumpsuit here in the USA

In the USA, you may be able to prove "rape in marriage" but here in Nigeria, you can't prove it. There is no "expressly stated" law that you will use to support your case.

The laws in USA and Nigeria are different and we are talking about rape in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Moh247: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
Okhuadams:
and forcing her is the best option pple like you tend to talk anyhow as if they even know anything. I hope it happens to someone cLose to you then you will know how it hurts. Ingredients and Nonsense

Stop been emotional, if my wife that I agreed to spend the rest of my life with for any reason force me to have sex, we settle it as lovers outside court
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by HumanoidX: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
obedience4:

Thank you o. Just told someone up there about marital/spousal rape that can result to between 4 and 19 years of jail term. Thread is filled with adults who just want to argue ignorantly.
These are the same people who also assume a girl-child under 18 who is "developed enough" can have sex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Qtrpst4: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
You are truly a junkie

Kobojunkie:
Even people who are merely dating can claim conjugal rights- go prisons go ask
- but they can't pretend rape isn't a crime.. undecided

For better for worse.... are we also to interpret that when people take the vow, they also wave their right to cry fowl in the case of domestic abuse? undecided

2. Sex is obviously not restricted to just those who are in marriage relationships so why do you pretend different rules of sexual engagement should exist for the married as opposed to the unmarried? undecided
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by babajeje123(m): 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
Flows001:

Are you a lawyer?
If no, then I certainly won't blame you for ignorantly insisting on this your position..

Legally speaking, there is nothing like "Rape" between two legally married partners. This is so because the Law sees the marital vows made during the marriage between the man and the woman as subsisting all through the period of marriage..
The so called "CONSENT" of a legally married woman is by Law, taken away from her when it comes to sex with her husband, whether or not she gives outright consent or not, the man cannot be convicted of rape when it has to do with his legally married wife..
The only exception where a lady can lay claim of husband raping her is when the Court has made a decree for Judicial Separation, that is when the both of them are under a decree of Judicial Separation which could possibly lead to a divorce (in this case, they wont be cohabiting under the same roof), and the husband goes ahead to sleep with her without her consent. This is the only time a woman can lay a claim and succeed.
Apart from that, any action for rape by a woman against her legally married husband is in futility, as it holds no water..
I'M A LAWYER..
Lol @ the bolded. If a Lawyer actually wrote this, it shows how limited they are in their knowledge about the laws of other nations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dododawa1: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
OLOSHO and their complaining
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by HumanoidX: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
Kaytixy:
oga you are the one spilling nonesense. Nothing like rape in marriage. All these stupid girls will be forming rubbish in marriage. Which nonesense definition are you talking about mr. Awe

You're ignorant and vile at the same time. Rest!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Funflipper: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
obedience4:

I am ashamed that you are a lawyer, please defined rape according to the law, I wan check something first

He is looking at it holistically and not just the definition of rape. I got a question for you, do you think a man has a right to have sex with his wife under marriage laws?
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by byteem: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
obedience4:

Not in Nigeria .. maybe in other climes .. law is not universal what is a crime in one is not in another.. please take time to read

There have been numerous cases where women have accused their husbands of having sexual intercourse with them without their consent; and consent is the main ingredient that determines if the act of rape have taken place.

Some women go as far as taking up the case to court to get judgement but it’s pathetic that they end up losing the case even when they provide evidence and witnesses to prove that their spouse had sex with them without their consent.

They lose the case for the single reason that the act of marital rape or as it is otherwise called spousal rape is not a crime in Nigeria “yet” i.e a man who is legally married to a woman cannot be held to have raped his wife despite the fact that the man penetrated the woman by force or by threat.

The reason that the concept of marital or spousal rape is not a crime and is yet to be made a crime in Nigeria can only be traced to the cultural connotations of the Nigerian nation.

Rape is defined by section 357 of the criminal code act thus: “Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or, in the case of a married woman, by personating her husband, is guilty of an offence which is called rape”.

Section 6 of the criminal code act for the sake of clarity defines what the phrase “carnal knowledge” means as stated in section 357 of the act and it defines it to mean “carnal connection which takes place otherwise than between husband and wife”.

This statutory definition simply implies that when there’s a sexual intercourse between and a man and a woman and it happened without the woman’s consent, it can only be classified as rape when the woman is not married to the man but if they are married, the offense of rape cannot be said to have been committed by the man.

The penal code act as applicable in the northern part of Nigeria further collaborates the criminal code act of the southern Nigeria in stating categorically that a man who is married to a woman cannot be held to have committed the crime of raping the wife no matter under which circumstances he had sex with the woman.

The section 282(2) of the penal code act provides thus: “Sexual intercourse by a man with his wife is not rape, save and except the wife have not attained the age of puberty”. This is to say that a man can only be held to have raped his wife according to the penal code only if the wife have not attained the age of puberty but if the wife is of the age of puberty he won’t be held to have committed the offense of rape against the wife.

Therefore, as it stands today, a wife who is legally married to a man cannot claim that her husband raped her no matter the circumstances under which the husband had sex with her and as it is the law that an individual cannot be punished for an offense which is not provided for in any Nigerian law as of the time being despite how moral justifiable punishing the offender can be. This is the provision of section 36(12) of the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria and it states thus: “Subject as otherwise provided by this Constitution, a person shall not be convicted of a criminal offence unless that offence is defined and the penalty therefore is prescribed in a written law, and in this subsection, a written law refers to an Act of the National Assembly or a Law of a State, any subsidiary legislation or instrument under the provisions of a law”.

To this effect, since the offense of spousal or marital rape is yet to provided in any law in Nigeria, a man cannot be convicted for the offense of raping his wife as the offense of spousal or marital rape is “yet” to be criminalised.

We sincerely hope that spousal or marital rape gets criminalised in Nigeria as soon as possible so that men who force themselves on their wives get to be severely punished and the women get succor from the traumatising experience.

https://www.thecable.ng/marital-spousal-rape-what-the-law-says-about-it

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Boldtrust(m): 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
My girlfriend just raped me this morning. It was good grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by babajeje123(m): 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
obedience4:

Please leave that myopic lawyer alone in their limited knowledge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Qtrpst4: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
Don't worry, try it and see if you won't get kicked out. No be only rape na tape

Okhuadams:
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by HumanoidX: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
Flows001:

Are you a lawyer?
If no, then I certainly won't blame you for ignorantly insisting on this your position..

Legally speaking, there is nothing like "Rape" between two legally married partners. This is so because the Law sees the marital vows made during the marriage between the man and the woman as subsisting all through the period of marriage..
The so called "CONSENT" of a legally married woman is by Law, taken away from her when it comes to sex with her husband, whether or not she gives outright consent or not, the man cannot be convicted of rape when it has to do with his legally married wife..
The only exception where a lady can lay claim of husband raping her is when the Court has made a decree for Judicial Separation, that is when the both of them are under a decree of Judicial Separation which could possibly lead to a divorce (in this case, they wont be cohabiting under the same roof), and the husband goes ahead to sleep with her without her consent. This is the only time a woman can lay a claim and succeed.
Apart from that, any action for rape by a woman against her legally married husband is in futility, as it holds no water..
I'M A LAWYER...

Lawyer with zero knowledge of what's obtainable in other countries. Nigeria will get there one day. Slowly but surely. Some of you will relocate to saner climes with this mindset and get jail term.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by SugarGirl44(f): 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
Temmylee01:
https://dailypost.ng/2017/08/03/man-sentenced-repeatedly-raping-wife-filming-act/ read that and satisfy your curiosity.

Stop defending what's indefensible.
Try and rest ok?
If you don't like sex, then don't get married, very simple!
Abi they forced you ni?

If your mum sent your dad to jail because 'she wasn't in the mood', what would be your reaction?

Cos I don't know why you carry the matter for head laidis..quack online lawyer.

This example you even used is that of a sicko, dunno how you'll compare him to a normal human.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Victoronah1: 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
Temmylee01:
I can record my wife naked without her consent and she might let go and forgive me , but having sex without her knowledge and consent is RAPE. Ire ooooohhhh.
there is nothing like rape in marriage. You already signed a contract which is bonded by the laws the moment you said I do to any man or woman. They can have sex with you anytime they want, unless you're sick and that case it's different. Try to learn and not argue everything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos / Police Arrest Ogun Landlord Who Tied Up 11-year-old Twins Like Goats (pic) / Unilag Slay Queen Arrested For Stealing Roommate’s ATM Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.