Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,208 members, 7,836,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

My Husband Raped Me. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Husband Raped Me. (53194 Views)

Lasizwe Dambuza: Pastor Timothy Omotoso Raped Me / 'How Richard Kpodo Raped Me Without A Condom In Hotel' - Lady Tells Court / "Oryina Orvaa @OryinaDegreat Kidnapped & Raped Me" - Liz @abbyollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dollynnn(f): 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
byteem:

Well sorry to burst your bubble maybe under american law , but under our Nigerian law a man cannot rape his wife as long they are lawfully married even if they are seperated ..rape under the law is sex without consent .. the operative word is consent .the institution of marriage once conjugated gives consent .. a a man cannot rape his wife .. he can only be charged for indecent assault.. same way a woman cannot be charged with raping a man even though that happens too.. cos rape is penetration without consent according to the only a man can penetrate so women cant rape. our laws are obsolete and archaic but they are still law and until revoked or amended, it is what it is..

It is possible to charge a woman for rape where she aids or procures another to rape
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Funflipper: 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
SILVERLINES:
grin

This gender no go kill person

How ur husband take rape you?

Person that has successfully bought you as one of his properties come rape you again, how that possible?

They have redefined marriage and that is why it is now a trend for divorce to follow just fews years after marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
There's rape even in marriage...

Any sex that consensual is a rape. Be it man or woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by alibiz: 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
All I see is the devil working tirelessly to destroy this wonderful union called marriage.
I don't support sex by force, but couple should understand each other and not starve there partner. If you are not in the mood quietly and politely with respect tell your partner that you are not in the mood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by almarthins(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
babajeje123:

I have witnessed a case where a husband was put behind the bars for sleeping with the wife without her consent. Let me shock you, if your wife asks you not to release into them and you do, if she reports you, you will be jailed. In a sane clime though.

This one no dey part of marriage. This world is turning upside down, I tell you. If the same man come go cheat, the woman go dey rain brimestone of fire.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Karemarealty288(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
Na so.....

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by GistFullGround: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2022

What is this one talking about?

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by TheRareGem1(f): 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
That mean you and your hubby have lost your connection then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Sapphire94: 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mtcheeew!! This woman na problem woman.

I pity the man wey go marry this kain person.

Feminist oshi
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Lekan239(m): 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

You're a chicken.

Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without that person's consent. - Wikipedia.
I thought you gave consent to that during marriage vows

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Flows001(m): 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
babajeje123:

Lol... you don't really know what rape is. Sex happens when both party consent, when the other party does not give their consent for WHATEVER REASON, it's a rape. You can be jailed in a sane clime even if the person is your spouse and they report you.
Are you a lawyer?
If no, then I certainly won't blame you for ignorantly insisting on this your position..

Legally speaking, there is nothing like "Rape" between two legally married partners. This is so because the Law sees the marital vows made during the marriage between the man and the woman as subsisting all through the period of marriage..
The so called "CONSENT" of a legally married woman is by Law, taken away from her when it comes to sex with her husband, whether or not she gives outright consent or not, the man cannot be convicted of rape when it has to do with his legally married wife..
The only exception where a lady can lay claim of husband raping her is when the Court has made a decree for Judicial Separation, that is when the both of them are under a decree of Judicial Separation which could possibly lead to a divorce (in this case, they wont be cohabiting under the same roof), and the husband goes ahead to sleep with her without her consent. This is the only time a woman can lay a claim and succeed.
Apart from that, any action for rape by a woman against her legally married husband is in futility, as it holds no water..
I'M A LAWYER...

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by obedience4(m): 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:
cool

There is no rape in marriage

All sex in marriage is legal conjugal rights of both parties

Did you forget your wedding vows of for better for worse

You can't even take it to court or win

If you don't want to have sex abeg stay away from marriage and quickly file for divorce

Starving your partner of sex is a sin

You are still living in the stone age,.
A woman has her right to refuse sex even in marriage.
Many of your kind with this mentality are wearing Orange jumpsuit here in the USA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Funflipper: 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
babajeje123:

Lol... you don't really know what rape is. Sex happens when both party consent, when the other party does not give their consent for WHATEVER REASON, it's a rape. You can be jailed in a sane clime even if the person is your spouse and they report you.

And what if you are legally entitled to it? This redefinition of marriage is the reason why we have so many broken homes today.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by rosechika1994: 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
The Bible said: Wives be submissive

At any point in marriage you stopped being submissive to your husband, you are no longer acting like the wife.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by biggz82: 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
Na craze dey worry you
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by shiwex: 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
When you starve the husband or decide to use sex as a weapon...this is what happens. I am not condoning it but these wives once you marry them , no more sex....... .man has to start begging for sex and you are still not allowed to look outside of marriage. Something must give
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by NEUDUDE: 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
You dont want him to rape you again, aunty file for divorce and vacate his house with immediate effect. Ashiere shocked
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by bonnyhope: 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

There can be rape even in marriage. Check the definition of rape before you come out here to spill nonsense.

You can call it rape but no entity will hold you accountable for raping your legal wife
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Akharmony: 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
Just talk say you know love you husband again.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by obedience4(m): 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
Flows001:

Are you a lawyer?
If no, then I certainly won't blame you for ignorantly insisting on this your position..

Legally speaking, there is nothing like "Rape" between two legally married partners. This is so because the Law sees the marital vows made during the marriage between the man and the woman as subsisting all through the period of marriage..
The so called "CONSENT" of a legally married woman is by Law, taken away from her when it comes to sex with her husband, whether or not she gives outright consent or not, the man cannot be convicted of rape when it has to do with his legally married wife..
The only exception where a lady can lay claim of husband raping her is when the Court has made a decree for Judicial Separation, that is when the both of them are under a decree of Judicial Separation which could possibly lead to a divorce (in this case, they wont be cohabiting under the same roof), and the husband goes ahead to sleep with her without her consent. This is the only time a woman can lay a claim and succeed.
Apart from that, any action for rape by a woman against her legally married husband is in futility, as it holds no water..
I'M A LAWYER...

I am ashamed that you are a lawyer, please defined rape according to the law, I wan check something first

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Lekan239(m): 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
Temmylee01:
I can record my wife naked without her consent and she might let go and forgive me , but having sex without her knowledge and consent is RAPE. Ire ooooohhhh.
go and record ur wife unclothedness and post it online let's see na maybe she will forgive you or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dollynnn(f): 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
Flows001:

Are you a lawyer?

I'M A LAWYER...
They still won't bend down and learn
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Moh247: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
obedience4:

You are still living in the stone age,.
A woman has her right to refuse sex even in marriage.
Many of your kind with this mentality are wearing Orange jumpsuit here in the USA

Lol

Same Murica or which one

Which state
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Ellasure: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
Flows001:

Legally speaking, there is nothing like "Rape" between two legally married partners.
The only exception where a lady can lay claim of husband raping her is when the Court has made a decree for Judicial Separation, and the husband goes on to sleep with her without her consent. Apart from that, any action for rape by a woman against her legally married husband is in futility, as it holds no water..
I'm a Lawyer, so I didn't just say that as an opinion, it's the position of the Law.

Thanks dear.

Please let us have sernity, some words definition to enable good thinking.

Most people are very lazy in writing and speaking because they most times failed to check the registration of the words they use in normal day to day business and activities.

Rape in a legal marriage can not stand but say violent sex or forceful sex can arouse special reviews for corrective actions and measures.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by drlateef: 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:

A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.
Have you ever heard about rape in marriage or have you ever experience it.

Sex is something we must talk about before going marriage.

Check this out for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYaBqJ0zj4

I will never support any forced sexual intercourse at anytime. But the day a woman openly accuses the husband of rape is the day the marriage has ended.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by byteem: 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
dollynnn:

It is possible to charge a woman for rape where she aids or procures another to rape

No she can only be charged as an accessory to rape .. not for the act itself .. its different from murder charges where a person who procures a murder can be charged for the murder itself

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by awakmfon03(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
The key word in rape is CONSENT and in law the day you signed the marriage register be it traditional, religious or in court. You have given each other CONSENT to your body
Section 6 of the Criminal Code defines unlawful carnal knowledge as that which takes place otherwise than between husband and wife; and the offence is complete upon penetration. In other words, marital rape is not an offence in Nigeria. A husband cannot rape his wife. It is assumed that the wife gives implied general consent to sexual intercourse with her husband upon entering the marriage contract. This implied consent is revocable either by an order of a court or a separation agreement. In his book, History of the Pleas of the Crown (1736), Sir Matthew Hale wrote, “But the husband cannot be guilty of a rape committed by himself upon his lawful wife, for by their mutual matrimonial consent and contract the wife hath given herself up in this kind unto her husband which she cannot retract.”

In the Penal Code, Section 281(1) provides that: “A man is said to commit rape who… has sexual intercourse with a woman in any of the following circumstances – (a) against her will; (b) without her consent; (c) with her consent, when her consent has been obtained by putting her in fear of death or of hurt; (d) with her consent, when the man knows that he is not her husband and that her consent is given because she believes that he is another man to whom she is or believes herself to be lawfully married; (e) with or without her consent, when she is under fourteen years of age or of unsound mind.”

Similarly, under the Penal Code, there is no offence of marital rape, provided the wife has attained the age of puberty.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Eriokanmi: 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
So, what happens when the husband isn't in the mood due to emotional trauma caused by family wahala or work stress but the wife forced him cos she's in the mood? What do we call that?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by fotadmowmend(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
He raped you ..... Is ok
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dollynnn(f): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
obedience4:

I am ashamed that you are a lawyer, please defined rape according to the law, I wan check something first

Check section 357 of the Criminal Code

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dollynnn(f): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
awakmfon03:
The key word in rape is CONSENT and in law the day you signed the marriage register be it traditional, religious or in court. You have given each other CONSENT to your body

Not just Consent only. Consent and Penetration

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Unilag Slay Queen Arrested For Stealing Roommate’s ATM Card / 31-Year-Old Suspect Recounts How He Murdered His Abuja-Based Girlfriend (Pics) / Why Fulani Herdsmen killed Over 86 People In Plateau – Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.