Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,611 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! (2710 Views)

Please I Need Your Advice ,am So Confused. / Help!!! Am So Confused And Frustrated Right Now / So Confused About My Relationship - My Boyfriend Beats Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by deniyor: 2:43am On Aug 14, 2011
BABE!:

@ deniyor.

Now, I feel like a jerk! TRUCE + **group hug** smiley

cheesy

I welcome the hug grin

I don't think a marriage license is issued in a traditional marriage hence the need in some cases to either do a court wedding and/or church wedding. In a church wedding, after the I do part, they groom and bride go inside to sign the marriage license / certificate.
Officially, in a lot of cases, if you do only the trads, you might be left hanging in some legal circumstances.
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Mynd44: 2:47am On Aug 14, 2011
I am joblessI am jobless
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Odunnu: 2:55am On Aug 14, 2011
BABE!:

@ odunnu--

People don't consider a marriage without the trad. Ceremony legal? That's interesting. It's not a true assertion though.

I believe more emphasis is laid on the "saturday wedding". I'm sure if they conduct a survey on the number of people that attend "the saturday wedding" vs. the number of people that attend "the friday wedding", the former will be a lot more. Why? Because of the importance attached to it.

Why can't the importance( I.e, the presence of a man of God and marriage certificate) be attached to the trad. Ceremony instead?
You may wish to ask elders. I knw what i'm saying.the trad seems to be more weighty than the church. Do you know that majority of the churches wont conduct a church weddin or blessing on a couple without a 'go ahead' gotten frm the trad?
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Mynd44: 2:57am On Aug 14, 2011
Blab
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by tpia5: 3:00am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Mynd44: 3:03am On Aug 14, 2011
typo error!!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by tpia5: 3:05am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Mynd44: 3:09am On Aug 14, 2011
spam!!!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by tpia5: 3:10am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Nobody: 3:11am On Aug 14, 2011
Seriously this topic need to be on Nigeria daily news papers, TV stations, national and local wire networks. My fiancées parent suggesting bout 10-12MN for just our traditional marriage is something I'm ye to figure out. That's over $65,000 wtf those that include buying air ticket for guests from here in the US to Nigeria? dress n 5% of drinks re not included cuz those ones gon be cargo down there . I guess white wedding gonna be $200,000. . WTF who said I'm buying a private yet
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Mynd44: 3:15am On Aug 14, 2011
Big mistake
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by BABE3: 3:17am On Aug 14, 2011
@ mynd; pls stop spamming my beautiful thread with your yoruba lecture! (Lol)---

Introduction is not optional, confused professor! Doing it in a "grand style" is optional.

@ mynd and deniyor; so because the couple wants to sign one certificate, Sunny Ade must be invited? Damask must be tied? A thousand dollar wedding dress must be bought? A sky scraper cake must be made?

@ odunnu; yh, I'll sure find out.

@tpia; pls what do you mean by "first timers" in your earlier post?
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by tpia5: 3:17am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by deniyor: 3:19am On Aug 14, 2011
The steps are things done in a trad and church wedding. Not necessarily marriage itself.
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Mynd44: 3:19am On Aug 14, 2011
Reality101, Please get a hold of yourself and stop lying. Why not just fly down to Nigeria and have the wedding here? That's if you are not even lying
TYPIA@ anything to add? Please add
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by tpia5: 3:21am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Mynd44: 3:21am On Aug 14, 2011
@BABE!,
I am deleting them as we speak!!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by tpia5: 3:23am On Aug 14, 2011
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by BABE3: 3:23am On Aug 14, 2011
@ reality: LoL-- Buckle up! You need to start working extra hours.
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 14, 2011
@Mynd_44 !tch negro I don't even know u or yall here so why the heck do I need lies for? FYI I'm talking bout the whole marriage stuff taken place in Nigeria. here in the US $75 is all you need to stand before a judge and pham you are married.

What I'm saying here which also is the idea of this thread by the poster is, even if I can afford the fortune for a marriage does it really worth it?
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by MrsChima(f): 3:36am On Aug 14, 2011
Don't forget $12 USD for filing fee.
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by BABE3: 3:38am On Aug 14, 2011
@mynd; you didn't have to delete them na--haha. Wetin dey worry you. It was quite "educative" (for the novice and the ignorant). I was just joking about the spamming thingy.

@ reality: that's not exactly what I'm trying to say, but you're almost there. What I'm trying to say is that people don't realize that they are only being redundant and wasteful (if they don't have the money) by having 2 weddings.

@ tpia; lol-- that dude is a mess! God help them.
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by tpia5: 3:39am On Aug 14, 2011
amen!!

God help all of us oh.
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by BABE3: 3:41am On Aug 14, 2011
Lol @ $12 filling fee.
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Pweety4me(f): 3:44am On Aug 14, 2011
@tpia r u a divorcee?

(justasking)
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Nobody: 3:44am On Aug 14, 2011
Not confused, but I know what I want:

Church wedding
Traditional wedding
Court wedding
Family only wedding.
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by tpia5: 3:45am On Aug 14, 2011
@ pweety

are you a divorcee?

just asking.
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Pweety4me(f): 3:47am On Aug 14, 2011
^^I'm just a smallie.

Ur like thrice my age, so wats gud?
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by tpia5: 3:49am On Aug 14, 2011
^^is there a particular reason why you want to derail the thread like a gutter bred bat?

please take your frustrated life elsewhere.

if i'm five times your age, does that remove any wrinkles or stretch marks from your saggy behind?

no be fight o!!!

just take your bitterness to another place.

am i the one responsible for your life?

the thread was doing fine before you got here.

let's keep it that way.

if you need a man [maybe you're man-lover], then dont be fooled by the m in my profile.

i'm on my third husband- does that answer your question, snake?
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by tpia5: 3:52am On Aug 14, 2011
back to topic!!!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by deniyor: 3:54am On Aug 14, 2011
Girls fighting! Where is the damned popcorn angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians/Africans So Confused?! by Pweety4me(f): 3:56am On Aug 14, 2011
^^Who?

@tpia what's the matter?what is upsetting you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Says I Can't Take Care Of Her , / How To Be A Gentleman And On Phone Calls And Make That Special Bae Fall For You. / Can I Make Love To Her After Our Traditional Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.