Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out (9111 Views)

She's getting married to the wrong person. Pls, advice. / Did I Fall In Love With The Wrong Person? Pls Advise! / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by Goldieluks: 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
Have you lived with your new sweetheart for u to know her real behaviour ,character and attitude?
Remember,the devil you know is better than that angel you just met.Well, you seem to have made up ur mind already,good for you. Something I have come to understand with men is that they always have excuses to dump their partner for another,they always forget that they themselves are the PROBLEM.

Please kindly ignore my statement here,you can go ahead to do whatever you like ITS YOUR LIFE afterall.
But I wish people like you do not come up with a different username later on ,crying for help.akarma is a biitch!

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by Cham300(m): 1:17am On Aug 29, 2011
My fiancée insisted she is the reason why i'm still standing today. She claimed she had on many occasion prevented evil people from harming me. She also reiterated that God has been merciful to me because of her. With all these claims, I'm now left in a fix. Don't know what to do. The wedding reception hall has been paid for and some other important miscellaneous.
well i get a lil concerned wen pple invoke some supernatural powers or grace as reasons,  the truth is dat we dont know if her claims are true or not. but for her to convincingly say it, makes me skeptical.
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by Jackieugo(f): 5:49am On Aug 29, 2011
paris10:

Just had a meeting with me family and have accepted to go on with the wedding. Although they all agreed I can do anything after the wedding if the need be, they however pointed out that it will be suicidal if I call off or postpone the wedding. My fiancee father is a clergy and has already announced to his congregation about the wedding. Calling off the wedding according to my family and friends would shame both families.

Wouldn't a divorce also shame your families?
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by paris10: 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2011
Jackieugo:

Wouldn't a divorce also shame your families?

Now you caught me, I already have an hamstring and can't run again lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by Connoisseur(m): 12:26am On Aug 30, 2011
paris10:

Just had a meeting with me family and have accepted to go on with the wedding. Although they all agreed I can do anything after the wedding if the need be, they however pointed out that it will be suicidal if I call off or postpone the wedding. My fiancee father is a clergy and has already announced to his congregation about the wedding. Calling off the wedding according to my family and friends would shame both families.

Although they've succeeded in talking me to doing the wedding, I however told everyone that I'm only doing the wedding for them and not for me. They all seem to be fine by it. Wedding cannot tie me down. After wedding, there's divorce. Money has already been spent and most arrangement made, do I care, I don't think so. I'm footing these bills.

My mum keeps crying every now and then saying she's scared for my life. She said someone somewhere would just do me harm if I call off the wedding.  Although I'm a Christian and do not believe in jazz, I do think some times one need to listen to advice and act later.

I'm in love with someone else but getting married in december with another woman. But after then, I'll get married to the person whom my heart goes with. God will do it. I'm I being forced into getting married, I don't know, but people are scaring me damn to much.

I sincerely dunno wanna believe am reading this. Getting married with the intention of getting divorced. Please what would you tell your new foung girlfriend; ''oh baby, am just doing this to save face, just chill for me nd i'd be out before you know it''. Just imagining

i must tell you bros, your life is in danger. You let this girl know the wedding is just to save face. Believe me, you are just setting yourself up for a perfect murder. You ve already given her enough motive, now you dash her the means and throw in opportunity. I hope you dad is alive cos i cant imagine him not telling you this.

P.S: please try and send me an IV. Would like to come
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by paris10: 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2011
Connoisseur:

I sincerely dunno wanna believe am reading this. Getting married with the intention of getting divorced. Please what would you tell your new foung girlfriend; ''oh baby, am just doing this to save face, just chill for me nd i'd be out before you know it''. Just imagining

i must tell you bros, your life is in danger. You let this girl know the wedding is just to save face. Believe me, you are just setting yourself up for a perfect murder. You ve already given her enough motive, now you dash her the means and throw in opportunity. I hope you dad is alive cos i cant imagine him not telling you this.

P.S: please try and send me an IV. Would like to come

The wedding is in London. I will email you an IV as soon as it comes from the Print.
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by jackpot(f): 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2011
Learn to tolerate her. Go on with the wedding. She gave everything to this relationship. You're even her first and only love. This girl can not cheat on you after marriage.
Go ahead and marry her. It's your destiny to be the one for her.
About the other girl, remember not all that glitters is gold. Peace!

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by Connoisseur(m): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2011
paris10:

The wedding is in London. I will email you an IV as soon as it comes from the Print.

hehehe okay na
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by paris10: 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2011
jackpot:

Learn to tolerate her. Go on with the wedding. She gave everything to this relationship. You're even her first and only love. This girl can not cheat on you after marriage.
Go ahead and marry her. It's your destiny to be the one for her.
About the other girl, remember not all that glitters is gold. Peace!

Thanks for your advice. The wedding is going ahead.

You know what, I might as well reserve a special table for Nairalanders residing or visiting London come December 3rd.

Anyone interested should pls feel free to say. I'll give more info later
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by Dyt(f): 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2011
I want 2 cm o
send me an iv 2 cm ova 2 uk
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by paris10: 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2011
Dyt:

I want 2 cm o
send me an iv 2 cm ova 2 uk

If you have where to stay, why not
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by Dyt(f): 11:05pm On Aug 30, 2011
Yh sure i do
jst get my fat assss down in uk
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by paris10: 12:37am On Aug 31, 2011
Dyt:

Yh sure i do
jst get my fat assss down in uk

Lol, you're very funny. We'll see
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by Dyt(f): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
Na lyk dat u go talk am abi?
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by coogar: 1:52pm On Aug 31, 2011
paris10:

Although they've succeeded in talking me to doing the wedding, I however told everyone that I'm only doing the wedding for them and not for me. They all seem to be fine by it. Wedding cannot tie me down. After wedding, there's divorce. Money has already been spent and most arrangement made, do I care, I don't think so. I'm footing these bills.

My mum keeps crying every now and then saying she's scared for my life. She said someone somewhere would just do me harm if I call off the wedding.  Although I'm a Christian and do not believe in jazz, I do think some times one need to listen to advice and act later.

I'm in love with someone else but getting married in december with another woman. But after then, I'll get married to the person whom my heart goes with. God will do it. I'm I being forced into getting married, I don't know, but people are scaring me damn to much.

if i were you, i wouldn't go ahead with the wedding if my heart says no.
the families can feck off. it's your life and this has to be the biggest decision you will have to make in your lifetime.
don't let anyone or sentiments box you into marrying someone you don't truly love.

granted, she's been with you for six years and people might say it's unfair. . . . .but your six years were wasted as well.
marriage is a complex web. better i disappoint her family now than get a divorce few years after marriage. you won't be the first man to walk out of a relationship and you won't be the last.

if your heart is somewhere else, go with your heart.
let people say you are selfish, but who isn't. if the roles are reversed, the woman would leave you without thinking of bringing shame to whatever family. get a grip of yourself and act smart. when the marriage hit the rocks, the people egging you on to marry her won't be there to listen to your tales of woe.
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by paris10: 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2011
coogar:

if i were you, i wouldn't go ahead with the wedding if my heart says no.
the families can feck off. it's your life and this has to be the biggest decision you will have to make in your lifetime.
don't let anyone or sentiments box you into marrying someone you don't truly love.

granted, she's been with you for six years and people might say it's unfair. . . . .but your six years were wasted as well.
marriage is a complex web. better i disappoint her family now than get a divorce few years after marriage. you won't be the first man to walk out of a relationship and you won't be the last.

if your heart is somewhere else, go with your heart.
let people say you are selfish, but who isn't. if the roles are reversed, the woman would leave you without thinking of bringing shame to whatever family. get a grip of yourself and act smart. when the marriage hit the rocks, the people egging you on to marry her won't be there to listen to your tales of woe.

Thanks for your advice. But it's too late now. Too many people are on my neck. I even had a dream 2 days ago about someone from nowhere killing my sister because of me. Although I've rejected that dream, I however think some people somewhere are after me.

Also, before my dream, my sister called me to warn me that she had a dream that I fell into a river, and that my father (now deceased) came and rescued me. You see, too much trouble. Whilst I believe no one can harm me because of God's power and anointing in my life, I do think they might harm my family.
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by ITbomb(m): 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
5 years? Did u say
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by armyofone(m): 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
The Haunting of Paris10 grin grin

OP, your conscience has no peace. it is well.

paris10:

Thanks for your advice. But it's too late now. Too many people are on my neck. I even had a dream 2 days ago about someone from nowhere killing my sister because of me. Although I've rejected that dream, I however think some people somewhere are after me.

Also, before my dream, my sister called me to warn me that she had a dream that I fell into a river, and that my father (now deceased) came and rescued me. You see, too much trouble. Whilst I believe no one can harm me because of God's power and anointing in my life, I do think they might harm my family.
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by paris10: 2:01am On Sep 01, 2011
This is not a joke matter o
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by 1honeybee: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2011
@OP

is the ceremony still on? like seriously?
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by splitnaija(m): 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2011
You still have the chance to pull out, it's not December yet.
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by Jackieugo(f): 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2011
The OP is a coward to the core. Why is it so difficult for some people to do the right thing when it comes to marriage? So many divorces these days undecided
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by nnaboo(f): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2011
[tr]Just need someone bold on this forum to call her on my behalf and tell her my mind. I'll give you her digits. Pls someone come to my rescue, I can't go on like this
`this guy is a wimp
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by samtoye(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2011
Just like Kokoye said, i would ask you, do you have a conscience? Remember there is a God somewhere and what you sow you would reap. So bro, do the right thing.
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by Honeycity(f): 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2011
@ poster

you are being infatuated towards the lady here in Nigeria pls and pls do not dump your fiancee. marriages of 20, 30 years did not just succeed because of love only, but due to the fact that they over looked each others short comings.
dont make decision you will later regret that would be more painful and frustrating.
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by ShyOne(f): 7:58pm On Sep 28, 2011
I completely agree with:

Roland17
Armyofone
Chika98

Also - you need to do what SAFO said - "grow some balls"

How do you come on NL - ready to give out her digits so someone else and asking NL'S to actually "man up" on your behalf by breaking up with her FOR YOU?

WTF? (please forgive THE FILTH THAT JUST DROPPED FROM MY MOUTH my Lord and my God)

You start that mess now - you will be old and grey doing the same cowardly activities but with your children, your inlaws, your wife, your friends, your employers.

This is YOUR LIFE - start living it and accepting responsibility for the actions YOU INITIATED.

smh - Jesus give me strength, how do we deal with this lot of people walking around?
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by ljila(f): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2011
paris10:

LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE. What i'm about to say is not about me being self-righteous, but from a caring perspective for the woman in this dilemma. Her husband-to-be needs a dose of reality, a cure from "wimpness" and a deliverance from outright pathetic - words fail me - SMH  angry sad sad
She stayed at your house for a bit yeah? Was God's anointing so strong upon you to prevent you falling into sexual sin? If you fell into it, you deliberately chose to live in sin then, right? Shall we continue to sin so that grace may abound? God forbid! Granted, we all make mistakes sha but refer to previous question.
If its about people talking, don't you think they are already doing that about the daughter of their clergy staying over at her fiance's? Don't you think the talk would be more if the daughter of the clergy gets divorced, irrespective of whose fault it is?

You're planning to divorce her but if you are one bit a Christian in every sense of the word (ie Christ-like as many of us want to be), you'll know how much God hates divorce. The only condition (just in case you didn't know before hand) allowed for that is adultery and even that is not ideal, so you'd have to make her commit adultery to have a right to divorce her according to Christian standards. Thought of a plan? (Sarcastic)
And planning to commit sin by re-marrying, on what grounds? Don't you know Jesus said whoever marries a divorced man/woman commits adultery?

I wish i had the contact of the lady, not to do your dirty business for you, but to tell her she deserves far better treatment and stands a chance of getting real happiness, not from a man that plans to make her life miserable and her a mocking stock.
So you were willing to go against your mother and friends' advise about this woman, and now you say that they are cajoling you to marry her? You say you've made it clear that you're marrying her for them, have you no morals? You say you like this girl, like her enough to allow her go through humiliation? YOU SERIOUSLY NEED A DOSE OF MANNING UP DUDE! THIS IS YOUR LIFE!
Is God some dude you can just get to do what you want to do? He's merciful but also a consuming fire ooo. Don't you think you're taking God's grace for granted?
It  seems you have a habit of running away from responsibility. Learn to take responsibility for your actions or it'll come back and bite you right where it hurts. Plus it may bring along some messy "extras" with it. How i wish this story if ficticious, for the life of this poor girl  cry

My advice to you is, whatever you end up doing be prepared for whatever would be the consequence . I don't believe in pity marriage and all, but i believe marriage is for life and not a thing to be entered into hastily or treated lightly. I just want you to be aware of what you've got yourself into!
If you think a woman whose put 6 years of her life into you is going to take a divorce or any shabby treatment lightly, well good luck. Who knows, she might have a heart of gold.
I'm no expert on marriage laws but i think she's entitled half of your current possessions, innit? Eg Elen Rivas getting half of Lampard's worth or something like that, even though there were NOT married! Ever heard of the term alimony as well? You'll be responsible for her upkeep i think till she remarries.
JUST KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GETTING YOURSELF INTO DUDE!

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^^Nicely answered.
I sincerely get tired of Nigerians when they start this line of talk. When you were porking this gal steady, God sha no enter your mind ooh.

What you should be pleading for is the MERCY of God, not walking around acting like na only devil bring wahala come your door without you giving him directions.
That is just pointless and baseless pride that will only make God resist you even further!
Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by emerie4life: 7:13am On Aug 03, 2013
bro. If u no marry her God will kill you, be warned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naija Girl Flashes Her Pants On Badoo / Admit It! We Have All Done This Before (photo) / Why Do Men Lie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.