Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Why Do Men Lie? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Lie? (9107 Views)

Why Do Men Lie? / Six Things Men Lie Mostly About / Why Do Men Lie To Their Girlfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Lie? by niniowo(f): 11:35am On Jan 06, 2006
I met this youngman in my undergraduate days in Nigeria. He told everybody that his dad was a medical doctor and his mom; an international business woman. According to him, they lived in a sprawling mansion in Victoria Island and that his siblings were all abroad. One day he was attacked by cultists and had to be rushed home. After much effort we got his address from the school authority.

Being a friend, I followed others to take him home. Our first shocker was the address. It was not Victoria Island. It was the old Maroko! The mansion? It was a sprawling 20 face-me-i-face bungalow! His father was indeed a doctor, a NATIVE DOCTOR and his mother's shopping mall was a koisk infront of the bungalow!

Till I graduated, I didn't see the guy again! Why do you guys lie? and sisters have you met one of them?

Related: Girls and Lies
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by FOD(m): 5:01pm On Jan 06, 2006
Why do guys lie? ...I think I know... 'cos that's what u wanna hear.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Idekeson(m): 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2006
A lot of guys lie to gain leverage in life. Nobody likes been looked down upon. In Nigeria, you will surely be disrespected 99% of the time if you don't appear successful (even if you're not). Most people cannot afford to be real and let the chips fall where they may. They would rather project a false image and enjoy the trappings that come with it while it lasts. Wrong as it may seem, this is the only option for a lot of guys in Nigeria where acceptance is more Victoria Island than Maroko.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by niniowo(f): 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2006
@FOD, how do you know that? i'm sure you guys lie cos it makes you feel good.For us, honesty is a virtue. And if you don't know, love has nothing to do with social class or social mobility. We can love you whether you live in Maroko or Moscow. Your personality is more important
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by caliber(m): 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2006
to my dear sister who started this topic,the truth is dat gurls look down on men who are tooo honest..it has happened 2 me..a gurl said i was too honest.so i guess to keep the mystery some boys while twist things here or there...but dont fret the last honest boy is still alive..me..lol grin
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by FOD(m): 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2006
niniowo:

love has nothing to do with social class or social mobility. We can love you whether you live in Maroko or Moscow. Your personality is more important
Guys will continue to lie to girls but it can reduce when the other ladies think in that line...

@Caliber...I feel you... They prefer the bad guys.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by caliber(m): 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2006
nini, like fod said abut the gurls likin the bad guys i agree with him..wats on ur take on the issue..sorry for deviatin from ur original thread a lil...
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Hotstepper(f): 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2006
yea, guyz in 9eria lie 2 gurlz dere cuz datz wat theyw anna hear as ppl said..itz a fact..gurlz in 9eria doesn't wanna hear da truth cuz they r 2 materialistic 2 ma liking...i wasshocked with wat ma eyez saw in 9eria..oh lawdddddddd kiss but at da same time itz a 2 way thing..gurlz do lie so itz matter of prayerrrrr
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by ijebuman(m): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2006
I think part of the answer can be found in this thread  cheesy
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4586.0.html
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by caliber(m): 8:42pm On Jan 06, 2006
i like 2 analyze things deeply..am a psychologist..the problem 2 why men lie is very simple....
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by hotangel2(f): 1:04am On Jan 07, 2006
That's a funny story. Im laughing! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyways... Not every guy is a liar. (we have to clear that out first). I guess 'those' guys that lie.. do it, cos they must have known the surroundings they are. If they see that, when they say the truth, it wont help them.. then i don't think they'll say the truth. Most of the time... it's the situation they r in that makes them lie.

After all being said and done, it's better to be yourself.. lying don't help!. The truth will always come out.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by aqua(m): 1:19am On Jan 07, 2006
@ninilowo

kia yanriya.
who told u girls don't like lies, believe me they love it
that is why guyz have developed that linr of talent.
check this out girls which wan u wan hear among this two wey go sweet u 4 belle.

my papa na minister make we dey go out or my papa na shoe maker make we dey go out.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by smartsoft(m): 1:33am On Jan 07, 2006
Oh.. Damn...some people lie wella wella because they want to get a lady..  and the so called girl go trip and the end of the day relationship go break..  why some lie because thats the only option left for them,
In the Bible.. Peter Lied.. "He Denied Jesus Christ "  and Peter was a man
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by bedone(m): 4:22am On Jan 07, 2006
we don't want to mess up and rolleyes that is what you want to hear.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by IAH(f): 10:19am On Jan 07, 2006
Yes! Guys do lie a lot shocked and thank you for starting this topic, it's making dem guys to confess!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by snazzydawn(f): 10:21am On Jan 07, 2006
guys lie because its their nature.They can't do without it.If a guy tells you goodmorning,look at the time!!! grin
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by cheekee(f): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2006
they were just made that way.........curious if they can ever stop!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by otokx(m): 11:57am On Jan 07, 2006
i am a guy and its not in my nature to tell lies so take note...
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by cheekee(f): 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2006
like duuuuuuh!!!it's not all men but almost all of them maybe 90%if you are in the other 10% of true and faithful men...................God bllleeeeesssss youuuuu!!!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by otokx(m): 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2006
how did u come by the 90%? have you conducted any empirical investigation? or is it 90% of the men you have encountered? i would like to know.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by snazzydawn(f): 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2006
odiegwu odiegwu!!!guys are born with the gift of lying,it is inborn... rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by cheekee(f): 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2006
snazzydawn:

odiegwu odiegwu!!!guys are born with the gift of lying,it is inborn... rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
thank you snazzy!!!!!!!!he is rejecting as if he knows not the truth about the other guys excluding himself if he's really not a lier!!! rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by bedone(m): 3:25am On Jan 08, 2006
why are we all talking about guys let us digress a little bit, I think females do lie too and only about the big stuffs like, you are the father of my child while he is no, or I have headache today we cannot have sex.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by snazzydawn(f): 10:08am On Jan 09, 2006
the headache bit is true now?as for the first one,well....but don't digress jo o!!!we don catch you!!! cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by wascoms(m): 1:01am On Jan 10, 2006
The reason why men lie is because there is no how you tell a woman the truth that she will ever believe you, but the moment you lie to her; men you've won her heart, that is why we the truth tellers are always having difficulties in our relationships.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by ocho(f): 2:11am On Jan 10, 2006
snazzy: u're funny lol lol
@wascoms: and how true is that?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by pearldrops(f): 2:23am On Jan 10, 2006
why would they lie?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by mizkay(f): 3:12am On Jan 10, 2006
pearldrops:

why would they lie?

Simple: Because they CAN !!!!!!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:18am On Jan 10, 2006
Lie in the real sense.? they make statements that can be seen as invalid from another point of view..

I think men simply embellish the truth.. in my days all you needed was N50 suya and cheap ice-cream and you got the goods,these days you'll be lucky to get a number without looking like 2million bucks with 5m to spare.. women love embellishments.. it is like fashionable clothing accessories, when men wear these lies (embellishments) they utterly trip (literarilly) flattery use to work to get girls to sleep with you.. (make her head swell soo much she does not notice she is already in the bedroom), now you really need to try other tactics

lies? no.. it is possible men can make good their claims in due course (yea right)
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by yummy(m): 6:53am On Jan 10, 2006
well, it depend on what the guy want, what if he lied and got down with the girl and then dump her? is that not an achievement from his lie?

secondly, a guy that wants to be serious with a girl would say the truth since he's planing to go a long way with her.

thirdly, poverty is another issue, girls: if a guy tells you how poor he is and then ask you out, what would you say? please be sincere, remember we're talkin about a very poor person here 'he's future is not even sure either'
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by hotangel2(f): 6:54am On Jan 10, 2006
*laughs in chinese* cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by cheekee(f): 6:57am On Jan 10, 2006
*laughs in french* grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Food That Can Improve Your Sex Life / I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out / What Does It Mean If A Girl Sends You This Text (pic Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.