Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,402 members, 7,843,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. (34725 Views)

How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / Building A Student Hostel : Profitability And Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by segcymoor(m): 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
Welldone!Good job!
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
more pics of the slab

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by proptmart: 8:16am On Jul 23, 2012
Is final casting pix and cost implication to come soon?
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 6:56am On Jul 24, 2012
Yea i will upload more today.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2012
more pix

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by proptmart: 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 7:37am On Jul 26, 2012
Next phase
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
Upper floor column work in pics

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 11:15am On Jul 28, 2012
After completion of first floor columns. The carcass is abt 60% complete. The next is block laying. Watch out for more pix.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
Happy sunday
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2012
cry
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 7:14am On Aug 06, 2012
Having putting up d first floor columns, then d skeleton is 85 per cent complete. At this stage we have d option of completing d frame/skeleton by adding the roof beam and parapet/cladding or laying of blocks starting from d upper floor (adding of flesh) while d slab is still being supported by d bamboos props till after 28 days of curation period. In this case we opted for d option of laying of blocks. Pics thereafter illustrate more.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 4:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
Pics

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2012
More pix

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
More

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
Pix

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
More pics

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 3:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
more pics

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2012
Final block work at finishin level and the roof beam , lintel all completed. house ready for roofing.

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2012
After roof Beam the precast beam were fixed, followed by roof carcass

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2012
Theroof covering pics

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by MacLovington(m): 5:08am On Aug 20, 2012
nice
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2012
Thanks, more pics to come.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2012
more pics

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by bran1: 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
What is the cost of this building. I noticed that there was no lintel on top of the window post downstairs before the decking. I thought that it was always necessary.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by maninmood(m): 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2012
I guess you are showing us the house pictures to see how beautiful they are; not to have a relevant knowledge of what you are trying to put forth. Including respective expenses on each stage of your project is a good plus. Borrow d leaf from spyder, brabus,et al. Cheers
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
maninmood: I guess you are showing us the house pictures to see how beautiful they are; not to have a relevant knowledge of what you are trying to put forth. Including respective expenses on each stage of your project is a good plus. Borrow d leaf from spyder, brabus,et al. Cheers
I guess u didnt read the tread from the start, i was previously giving the detail of material breakdown and cost but some pros in da house call me to order wc i quite agree with them. so i av intention of giving comprehensive work stages cost (lump sump) later. Meanwhile as per knowledge abt this project, i wish to inform you that the entire concept from scracth to this stage was absolutely mine (architectural and structural design,3D, costing and construction). so ask whatsoever u wish to know abt this project i am here to give u answer. cheers

3 Likes

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
Well after completion of the building's carcass. We proceeded to plastering stage, though we had run all necessary conduit pipes with good caution for electrical and plumbing. Well, i will like to point out the procedure we follow in other to achieve an excellent plastering stage:
1. I took time to outsource for good masons that can plaster wt guage at an agreed rate.
2. i carefully select material i:e quality plaster sand with less dirts, fine sharp sand and sound cement.
3. thourough supervision of the guage setting,right mixing of cement and sand, ensuring adequate set time b4 robbing.

what are the advantages of this precauitons:
1. Plastering with gauge will take care of all iregullarities in block setting, it will ensure a paerfect angle and it will give ur spaces a perfect shape for instance if ur room is 3.6m x 3.6m and posibily during block seeting their is a little variation u can use the gauge to take care of this. The beauty of this is seen on ceiling and tilles as they will both come out with perfect shape.
2. using a dirt free plaster sand or a seived plaster sand will ensure ur building doesnt av holr=es in nearest future (Ajah plaster sand is of advantage in this area cos they are very dirt free.
3. Mixing a fine sharp sand with soft sand for plastering ensure good strenght, quick dry time, and prevent surface crack.
subsequently the pics will speak little more.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by bugmenot: 1:10am On Aug 24, 2012
Great job you are doing, Mr. Aventures! More grease to your elbows. Is your project in Ajah?
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
Thanks! D project is in one of d estate within Arepo along lagos-ibadan exp.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2012
B4 commencing plastering we set the gauge using Good plum and range, broken tiles, builder's square.

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
Meanwhile prior to commencement of plastering, windows, burglary fabrication commenced earlier and were delivered at the right time.
we have 54 windows of various sizes in this building (1.5m x 1.5m, 1.5m x 1.4m, 0.9m x 1m, 0.6m x 0.9 etc)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Properties With C Of O For Sale in Ibadan, Lagos & Other Parts of Nigeria / Three-storey Building, Prison Wall Collapse In Onitsha / Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.