Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,883 members, 7,844,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. (34734 Views)

How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / Building A Student Hostel : Profitability And Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2012
The productions comes in 6ft in order to lift up easily and also reduces no of joints. 6f = 1.8m. there4 labour charge for 6ft will be 1.8 x 2200 = 3,960.

1 Like

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by gom(f): 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2012
Ok, now I understand. In essence you will be producing the casting in my site. I initially thought you would be coming with the precast stuff.
So the material listed is for the casting as well.
I will definitely get in touch with you soonest.
Thanks.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 10:11am On Sep 29, 2012
Ok, i will be expecting.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2012
Happy independence
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
The POP work is completed. The Project is on recess while the client gathers momentum for the final phase. which include, drawing of cable, tiling, plumbin and elect. fittings, doors, wardrope and cabinets, compound flooring and painting. Hmnn! may God help those that are building and help us too. Amen.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 5:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
while this project is on recess, i which to chip in the roof cost of the 2 unitts of bunglaow i work on recently, we are starting the roof coering tommorrow so update will comes up Later tommorrow.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2012
The roof covering is ongoing. Cost break down will come up later

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
The roof covering completed

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by bugmenot: 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
Aventures, I continue to doff my hat for you o. Well done!

What are the pros and cons of doing a frame structure building? Cost, strength of building, expertise? No doubt either approach works as seen from the different threads on nairaland.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2012
bugmenot: Aventures, I continue to doff my hat for you o. Well done!

What are the pros and cons of doing a frame structure building? Cost, strength of building, expertise? No doubt either approach works as seen from the different threads on nairaland.
sir going thru this tread will give an insight to the pros and cons of framed structure building. But let me just do a re-cap generally buildings in area such as lekki, Ajah and any area where the soil bearing capacity is low and building are prone to settlement are supposed to be built as framed structure. The procedure is simply to construct all the structural members first and ensure that all the members are rigidly connected together (the structural design would have specify hw this is to be done, the design would have also taken to consideration thst the block wall will only act as partitioning wall only and not part of strucctural member). Though this can also be achived by conventional method of building the block wall, cast the columns and beam one after the other but the effectiveness can not be like constructing the structural member first b4 the block wall.
Cost wise, there is little or no significant different if well managed. framed structure method is faster and much more safe stronger and better.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 10:02am On Nov 15, 2012
This i another pics of the work we have done as framed structures . This structure was taken to this level in abt 3 months.

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by bugmenot: 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
Aventures:
sir going thru this tread will give an insight to the pros and cons of framed structure building. But let me just do a re-cap generally buildings in area such as lekki, Ajah and any area where the soil bearing capacity is low and building are prone to settlement are supposed to be built as framed structure. The procedure is simply to construct all the structural members first and ensure that all the members are rigidly connected together (the structural design would have specify hw this is to be done, the design would have also taken to consideration thst the block wall will only act as partitioning wall only and not part of strucctural member). Though this can also be achived by conventional method of building the block wall, cast the columns and beam one after the other but the effectiveness can not be like constructing the structural member first b4 the block wall.
Cost wise, there is little or no significant different if well managed. framed structure method is faster and much more safe stronger and better.

Many thanks, Aventures. Nothing beats expert opinion.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by bugmenot: 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
@ Aventures,

Forgive me if I'm asking too many favours of you, please help me scrutinize this quote - it's for 1st floor slab (decking) and pillars for a 90 - 95 sq metres duplex at ajah. There are 19 pillars in total on the ground floor.

ITEMS QTY UNIT U – PRICE(N) AMOUNT N
Cement 170bgs Bags 1,750 297,500
Granite 3 Trips 85,000 255,000
Sharp sand 5 Trips 45,000 225,000
Wood
- 1 x 12 270 Pcs 850 229,500
- 2 x 3 150 Pcs 250 37,500
- Bamboo 130 Pcs 150
Nail
- 3inch nail 5 Bgs 5,000 25,000
- 2inch nails 3 Bgs 5, 15,000
- b/wire 4 Rds 5, 20,000
Iron rods
- 16mm 2.5 Tns 120,000 300,000
- 12 mm 3.5 Tns 120, 420,000
- 10 mm 1 Tns 130,000 130,000
- b/wire 6 Rods 5,000 30,000
Electrical works
- pipes & Accessories 80,000
Total 1,984,000

LABOUR
• Casting ( Pillars & decking) 200,000
• Carpentry 250,000
• Iron works 180,000
• Electrical 85,000
• Supervision 150,000
Total 865,000

I feel the labour charge is on the high side, but I'm only a layman; not sure about materials. Your opinion will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
@bugemont. Every other material is ok; but i av some doubt concerning rfct i think is on high side, but i cant be precisr on wout d structural drg. Also d labours are a bit high u can negotiate down to abt 70 percent of those charges wt d exception of supervision. Meanwhile, it is not advisable that the pillar shld be casted along wt d slabs. They shld be done seperately. Goodluck
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by bugmenot: 4:51pm On Nov 15, 2012
Aventures: @bugemont. Every other material is ok; but i av some doubt concerning rfct i think is on high side, but i cant be precisr on wout d structural drg. Also d labours are a bit high u can negotiate down to abt 70 percent of those charges wt d exception of supervision. Meanwhile, it is not advisable that the pillar shld be casted along wt d slabs. They shld be done seperately. Goodluck

Many thanks, my brother I knew I could count on your expert advise.

Do you mean we should break the work into two phases - one for the pillars and a second phase for the slab?
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by segcymoor(m): 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
Anyway, I reserve my comment on d bill. By d way, is it ur Project Engr that advise u to cast column and slab together?. if so I dare said he must be a quack because that is not in line in building process. U may need to cast column first having establised what we call kicker. Thereafter, d form work for d beam and slab will be prepare and cast. But to do this, u need experince canpeter
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by bugmenot: 1:45am On Nov 16, 2012
The casting of pillar and decking will NOT be done together, is it even possible o do both together? They are however being quoted for as one phase of the project.

Let me know if you think this is a bad idea. Thanks in advance.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
It is not bad qouting for it together. But it is best done one after the other.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 9:51am On Nov 19, 2012
Aventures: The roof covering completed
The king post of this structure is 3.6m (12ft) and the dimension of rhis building is abt 25 x 12m. Here is cost for roofing; 1. Roof wood carcass and noggins for the 2 unit (mat, trans&labor)= 950K. Roof covering for the 2 unit 900sqm Tower aluminium product; long span step tiles 0.45 guage and O.55 gauge for flat sheets, accessories ,transptn and installation cost is 1.5M. The average cost per unit
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 28, 2012
Wow !!Gud job mate.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by greenlilly(m): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2012
Adventure pls I will like to have a meeting with you concerning the project I told u earlier on the project will likely commence first quarter of next year.your expertise and intergrity will be needed pls kindly email me ur mobile no to achor2002@yahoo.com.Shalom
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2012
Tnx i ve sent u my no. All my lines are under the footnotes of this tread.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Handex(m): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
@Adventure good job and quite educating. during the commencement of the project you discover that the site has been cut down to or below water table, is the site located in a catchment area. Because that is the only reason why you could find so much water. Also, do you consider the existing road levels from neerby building to the level of your foundation. Your foundation is quit ok, I am only afraid of the internal & external environment against flooding. Thank you.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
@handex; tnx 4 ur contribution as a matter of fact the site is not in a catchment area. What actually happen is that the omo oniles sold filling sand from the site b4 selling it out. In the process they ve excavated d entire area close to water table level. But ofcourse i took d levell of d area b4 deciding on my fdn level. We re quite safe.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by lovetosin: 3:26am On Dec 02, 2012
Aventures: The roof covering completed
The king post of this structure is 3.6m (12ft) and the dimension of rhis building is abt 25 x 12m. Here is cost for roofing; 1. Roof wood carcass and noggins for the 2 unit (mat, trans&labor)= 950K. Roof covering for the 2 unit 900sqm Tower aluminium product; long span step tiles 0.45 guage and O.55 gauge for flat sheets, accessories ,transptn and installation cost is 1.5M. The average cost per unit. @ Aventures:nice work you doing,regarding d cornice fascia(parapet),using the precast method,do you only have one mold precast set or different shapes-like one with a bit curvier slant and edge ?[b][/b]
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2012
@lovetosin the precast method has its limitation in curves, as it can easily break off. The guys i used has some other molds. It all depend on choice.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
We did some minor wrk recently. We tile the roof tank wall and floor to prevent water percolating thru the floor and wall from spoiling the kitchen POP.

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by theresaokudo: 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
WANTED REPUTABLE DEVELOPERS
WANTED INTERNATIONAL FINANCIA

ONE ACRE OF LAND INTO MINI ESTATE
5 NOS OF 2 STOREY BUILDING @ ORILE

ONE ACRE OF LAND TO BE DEVELOPED INTO 10 FLOOR HIGH RISING BUILDING AT
LEKKI PHASE 1
VGC

2 PLOTS OF LAND TO BE DEVELOPED @ IWAYA
E.B INTO 2 NOS OF 3 STOREY BUILDING

A PLOT OF LAND TO BE DEVELOPED @ APAPA ROAD
E.B. INTO 2 STOREY BUILDING OF MINIFLAT & 2 BED

A PLOT OF LAND TO BE DEVELOPED @ GBAGADA AT FOUNDATION LEVEL. C of O APPROVED PLAN FENCED ROUND 16 YEARS LEASING 1 YEAR CONSTRUCTION, N1.5 FOR LANDLORD & 2M FOR AGANCY, 6 FLAT OF 3 BED 1 FLAT OF 3 BED FOR LANDLORD

50 ACRES OF LAND TO BE DEVELOPED @AGBARA AS HOUSING ESTATE

RENOVATION OF 2 STOREY BUILDING AT OBADINO OFF MASSEY LAGOS, 10 YEARS LEASE, N2.5M AS SIGN FEES

RENOVATION OF 4 FLAT ADESIYAN STREET ILUPEJU 10 YEARS LEASE 1 FLAT FOR FAMILY
N2.5M AS SIGN FEES

Enquiries: 07041792075, 08033341045
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 7:22am On Dec 08, 2012
happy weekend
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Army36(f): 6:32am On Dec 13, 2012
RECREATIVE DESIGN OFFERS THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:

ARCHITECTURE 2D & 3D

Design concept development
Detailed architectural house plans design (2D AUTOCAD & 3D)
Supervision and Project Management

INTERIOR DESIGN SERVICES

Interior Design for homes and offices
Hotel furnishing
Ceiling and wall design
Plaster of Paris for wall screeding and ceiling
Flooring(tiling, laminated floors, wood flooring etc..)
Window treatments (draperies, blinds etc..)
Colour and finish consultation
Bathroom Remodeling
Design of fitted kitchen
Furniture, art and antique procurement

BUILDING RENOVATION / REMODELING

Offices, Residential
Retail shops, Banking Halls
Hospitals, Showroom

SPACE PLANNING & MANAGEMENT

Space management Consultation
Design and Planning of open office spaces
Partitioning System ( wood, aluminum, glass etc.)

CUSTOM WOOD WORKS / FURNISHING

Design of fitted kitchens,Wardrobes
Cupboards, Cabinets, Wall units
shelving system, Organized storage systems
Workstations, Custom made beds
General Interior wood works

HOTEL FURNISHING

Complete interior design for hotel rooms, lobby and reception
supply of Furniture, and accents

CONTACT US FOR QUOTES ON YOUR PROJECT

Telephone: 08093-577-005, 0802-854-0261.

BBPIN: 259CCEB5

Email: recreative_design@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Properties With C Of O For Sale in Ibadan, Lagos & Other Parts of Nigeria / Three-storey Building, Prison Wall Collapse In Onitsha / Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.