Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,716 members, 7,844,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. (34730 Views)

How To Build A Low Budget Bungalow ( 3 Bedroom Flat As Case Study) / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / Building A Student Hostel : Profitability And Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
We do not av a regular shape here the land is somehow skewed in shape and the dimension is 32.4m x 21m. But this structure will fit in perfectly also into a regular full plot of 36.6 x 18. 3 m .
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by greenlilly(m): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2012
Tx Aventures I will call on u when we are about starting
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 11:44pm On Sep 08, 2012
You are welcome sir. Hoping to hearing from you.

1 Like

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by greenlilly(m): 8:56am On Sep 09, 2012
One more favour Aventure pls. kindly send the sketchy plan of the building my email address is achor2002@yahoo.com.Tx
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by bajugbajug(m): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2012
@aventures. Pls where does d parapet projection sits on? Directly on beam or column? Pls educate me more or better stil let's av d pix of d parapet casting
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2012
bajugbajug: @aventures. Pls where does d parapet projection sits on? Directly on beam or column? Pls educate me more or better stil let's av d pix of d parapet casting
I will try and get some pics of the production if i can cos i lost some pictures. This type of parapet is precast with majorly with pure cement and some fine and sharp sand.In the process of casting 10mm reinforceent is used to reinforced it. It is usually produce at lenght of 6ft, so about 6 holes thatcan allow 10mm rod to go thru is bored durind casting for the purpose of hanging. Then the pre cast is allowed to get dried for like 3 days before hanging. The bottom line is set along the roof beam, and short piece of 2 x 3 wood is nailed round in other to support the parapet. The parapet is paced on the wood piece and fastened with binding wire, when this is done the proper setting and pluming is done. There after 10mm short piece of is driven thru the holes on the parapet into the roof beam or roof blocks filled solid, after this a very cement rich mortar is poured btw the parapet and the roof beam. Finaly, the joints are closed with pure cement dressing and the angles too are formed same way. i will post a pix of another 2 bldgs we just did.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by bran1: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2012
I'm impressed with your work. Can one achieve 4 terrace flats with the sitting room and dining, kitchen-store and visitors toilet downstairs and 3bedroom upstairs with 1 room ensuit I.e 2toilet 2baths upstairs. The house will have a double gate. Diff entrance for each of the 2 flats with parking space by d side. Can this be achieved on a plot of land and what will be the estimate assuming we you this ur same design.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2012
bran1: I'm impressed with your work. Can one achieve 4 terrace flats with the sitting room and dining, kitchen-store and visitors toilet downstairs and 3bedroom upstairs with 1 room ensuit I.e 2toilet 2baths upstairs. The house will have a double gate. Diff entrance for each of the 2 flats with parking space by d side. Can this be achieved on a plot of land and what will be the estimate assuming we you this ur same design.
A plot of land on a corner piece or a plot of land with its longer lenght facing the access road can best achieve your brief, but our own design in this case is 4 flats of 3-bedrms it can not be adopted for 4 unit of terrace duplex, but possibly the facades and the exterior view may be adopted. In order to come up with cost drawings are very important and also knowing the location. Thanks for your intrest.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2012
ANOTHER PICS OF PARAPET WE JUST DID. SORRY THIS IS NOT A CLOSER SHOT BUT HOPE TO GET ANOTHER SON

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2012
closer shot of the parapet

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Farm1: 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2012
Aventures,

Thanks for the good job. Just some clarifications pls:

Which is cheaper btw the precast parapet and the in situ type?
Which is Stronger? More flexible in terms of design option?

Regards
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 7:33am On Sep 11, 2012
@Farm+: Precast parapet is Cheaper and quite limited in design. But in_situ parapet is far expensive but stronger and flexible i design.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
Pop work pix to come up soon
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2012
Some POP pics

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 10:12pm On Sep 21, 2012
more POP pics

Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Sprumbaba: 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2012
Sprumbaba:

Does the cost foundation include German floor? Also, what type of foundation did you do? Hope to hear from you. Thanks

Yes the cost of foundation (2.8M) is inclusive of german floor. We did PAD and STRIP footing fdn forttified with admixture and DPM membrane against dampness.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Sprumbaba: 8:47am On Sep 22, 2012
Aventures:

Yes the cost of foundation (2.8M) is inclusive of german floor. We did PAD and STRIP footing fdn forttified with admixture and DPM membrane against dampness.
When will you have time to inspect a land around Abraham Adesanya? I have the drawing and I will send a survey to you soon. I only need raft foundation + german floor.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 22, 2012
im really impressed with all the engineers on nairaland.

i have a question. Im currently doing a develpment appraisal for a client for a proposed mega filling station some where in lagos. the chap has no drawings, plans or anything. he wants to know if the project is going to be viable before venturing in. i inspected the proposed site and discovered that the topograph isnt level. i.e as u stand at the frontal part of the site, the site slops backwards and downwards up to about 8m. im going to be estimating throughout since there's nothing on ground. my question is this. will the site filling be done before excavation or the filling would be done after excavation? land area is about 3500sqm
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
@sprumbaba. Kindly email ur phone contact to my inbox abidoyventures@gmail.com i will call so that we can fix an appointment 4 nxt week.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by fedesng(m): 2:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
Oga Aventures (Engr. Niyi), can you please give the phone number of the person who did you aluminium window.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
@toba. In this case d first work item is retaining wall. Placement of reservoir tank first of filling we be determine by mechanical specificatn. I:e d reqd placement of d tank relative to the pump capacity. If the existing level is ok by specs then u prepare ur tank floor and place, but if not u may need to fill to the reqd level place ur tank and then complete ur filling. In another case, if the existing level is shallow then u may need to excavate d reservoir area first to desire level place ur tanks and then backfill. Hope u 'll find dis info usefull and let's hope others will contribute for more enlightenment.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
Aventures: @toba. In this case d first work item is retaining wall. Placement of reservoir tank first of filling we be determine by mechanical specificatn. I:e d reqd placement of d tank relative to the pump capacity. If the existing level is ok by specs then u prepare ur tank floor and place, but if not u may need to fill to the reqd level place ur tank and then complete ur filling. In another case, if the existing level is shallow then u may need to excavate d reservoir area first to desire level place ur tanks and then backfill. Hope u 'll find dis info usefull and let's hope others will contribute for more enlightenment.
thanks man. lm at the stage of preparing the estimate cos the report would be sent to sterling bank next week, hence i need to be very careful with what im going to include. my report would tell the bank if they are to put their money down or not
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 10:51pm On Sep 22, 2012
fedesng: Oga Aventures (Engr. Niyi), can you please give the phone number of the person who did you aluminium window.

Mr Sunday (aluminium Fabricator) 08053383877
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by fedesng(m): 1:10am On Sep 24, 2012
Thank You, oga Aventures. I am thinking of contacting him for an estimate.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:12am On Sep 24, 2012
You are welcome.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by oyewole123: 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hi aventures
I really like the POP design displayed
Pls, how much does that cost??
Thanks
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:41am On Sep 25, 2012
The enntire 4 flats was Full POP Ceiling and all the internal wall with POP wall screeding. Total Cost 1.3M
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2012
Work still going on, on POP more pics later
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by gom(f): 8:46pm On Sep 27, 2012
Aventure, please how much does each 6ft piece of the precast parapet cost?
How much in total will it cost to put this parapet on a house with perimeter of about 50m.
Thanks.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by Aventures(m): 8:20am On Sep 28, 2012
For 50 m length: labour for casting and hanging is 2200/m. 30 bags of cement. 15 lengths of 10mm rod. 2 rolls of b/wire. 5 cubic of sharp sand, small qty of plaster sand, and some used wood 2 x 3. And also u will provide bamboo scaffold.
Re: Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. by gom(f): 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2012
Thanks for your quick response. You still haven't given the price of each 6ft piece or is it already included in the 2200/m?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Properties With C Of O For Sale in Ibadan, Lagos & Other Parts of Nigeria / Three-storey Building, Prison Wall Collapse In Onitsha / Lagos Issues Stop Work Order To A Developer In Lekki (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.