Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:15 AM

Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise (40045 Views)

Man Surprised His Girlfriend With A Portrait Of Her In Bed With Another Man / Ugandan Court Orders Woman To Pay Ex-fiance Over Breach Of Marriage Promise / Man Summons Family Meeting After His Wife Gave Him Strange Styles In Bed.see Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by MAYOWAAK: 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE LAGOS STATE ADMINISTRATOR GENERAL & PUBLIC TRUSTEES

1. Dear married couples, there is no such legal personality known as "Mr and Mrs Okoro". You can only have "Mr Kenneth Okoro" or "Mrs Patricia Okoro". You might just be creating a legal problem for yourselves when you use "Mr and Mrs Okoro" to buy those goods or properties.

2. Dear married couples (especially those who are married under the Act), all things been equal, it is advised that you change your next of kin to your spouse after wedding from your sibling or anybody else you used before wedding. Making your spouse your next of kin makes it easier for them to process any accrued benefit especially if either of you die intestate (without leaving a will).

3. Dear intending couples, there are only two types of marriages recognised in Nigeria;
a. Marriage under the Act (Matrimonial Causes Act and Marriage Act),

b. Marriage not under the Act (Marriage under Islamic Law and Marriage Under Customary Law).

The first is monogamous in nature while the latter is restricted polygamous and unrestricted polygamous in nature. For intending couples of the christian faith, there is no such thing as "church wedding". If your church is a "licensed place of worship", what they conduct there is a "Marriage under the Act". If your church is not a licensed place of worship and you only conducted customary marriage without going to the marriage registry, what they would have done in your church may just be a celebration and the blessing of your customary marriage.

If your church is a licensed place of worship, wedding in church and also going to the marriage registry are one and the same thing (Marriage Under the Act). Meaning a waste of resources and duplicity of purpose.

4. Dear Boyfriend and Girlfriend, promising your partner that you would marry them when you know you have no intention of doing so may give rise to a civil action of breach of promise to marry resulting in damages (compensation) and the restitution of all monies spent and gift given. It may also give rise to a criminal action of obtaining by false pretence.

--------------------------------------------

As an addendum or footnote to 1 above -
If you are really interested in buying a property as a couple then your names should appear in the agreement as Mr. Sunday
Essien and Mrs. Maria Essien instead of Mr and Mrs Sunday Essien.

Public Education.

3 Likes

Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Akunatakasi(m): 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2022
odiyeu88:
“She refused to marry the man who saw her through the university, when she got back as a graduate she started behaving funny to the man.

But where there a formal agreement that if he finished training her to university she will marry him looking at it from a legal angle though

What sort of a stupid comment is this...
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Akunatakasi(m): 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2022
IamMobisola:

He sent her to school at his own free will, no be by force to marry him.

There is nothing like out of his own free will.. the lady accepted to marry him before he sent her to school.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by TrumpDonald2: 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
odiyeu88:
“She refused to marry the man who saw her through the university, when she got back as a graduate she started behaving funny to the man.

But where there a formal agreement that if he finished training her to university she will marry him looking at it from a legal angle though

Dont look at it from a legal angle, look at it the way it is. The millipedes were not sent by the state chief Judge, It was sent by a deity.

This is the best way to punish people who are heartless and good at using other people.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by IamMobisola(f): 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2022
SporaD8:

On top food she's too stingy to get for her own self.
Yes! On top ordinary food she finds so tempting she couldn't reject the invitation?
An able-bodied adult who couldn't respect herself, yet expect others to treat her with dignity!
Perhaps she ain't aware, "No free food in Freetown?!"

Lmao.
So she was on her own and yet he went to meet her to ask her on dinner date. This alone means he will foot the bills. But to demand sex? Very wrong.

How many of your male friends that you have done favor for or bought lunch or dinner for have you asked for sex? You can’t because they are your friends right? so why should women’s own be different? Ooh I get, it’s because Nigerian men can’t be friends with women without asking for sex.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Lovelydaisies: 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2022
While this news is fake, in a hypothetical situation, the lady has to repay the man somehow. They have to come to an agreement for repaying if the lady has no interest in marrying him any longer, and if that was the agreement - that she would marry him afterwards.

Secondly, I don't blame the lady. She has grown over the years in university and her taste has changed. Babe probably lost interest or wanted to take his magnanimity for granted. She may also have noticed that she and the man didn't match or maybe she noticed some unfavorable qualities in him or herself or his family. Who knows?!

I'm not sure if the man is literate. Maybe she doesn't want to marry an illiterate, as some Nairalanders said the other day, that they couldn't marry an illiterate. undecided

Now, she marrying him despite all of the above would be terrible for the both of them. The marriage would have crashed sooner or later.

Before you come for my head, read my first paragraph.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by benqo01(m): 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2022
Yet some people here will say voodoo is a scam,not real bla bla bla hope u hv seen it now u keep on doubting.

Oron get jazz no b small

Both of them are foolish e for carry dag money use am dey rare goat imagine how much e go don make

1 Like

Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by luckingto50: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2022
virginprincess:
Did they sign any certificate of agreement that she must marry he after training herundecided undecided,all this Nigeria men sef,my brother you decided to be foolish endure your foolishness.

Nothing like endure the foolishness. He done summon milipedes to collect the money spent back. Tankiu
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by babajero(m): 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
IamMobisola:

Lmao grin grin Refund ko
you people think everything is all about social media, when something calamitous will happen to her now, all you can do is to come online and type rest in peace, na only that one be una job.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Tegabadguy(m): 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Melkizedeck: 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2022
Divay22:

Try not to support evil abeg..

Would you say this, if the guy was your brother?
Just answer this question before anything please.

Thank you jare. Some people are just senseless!!!
If that man sues that girl for duping, her own don be, be that.
The law is never one-sided! If you know as a woman that a man is training you in school and you have no string attached with him, then make him sign a document first to prove it before he continues!!!
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Obascoetubi: 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2022
odiyeu88:
. . . .

Dear Nairalander Good Afternoon. Please spare a few seconds to read my post, i beg you in the name of God please. It's (12.pm) now. This is a sincere appeal from the depth of my heart Please do not ignore, I cry to you from the Depth of my heart. Life have not been easy for me and my family since i lost my job, We have been drinking garri for days now. My kids are now looking so skinny and sick and they are crying all the time because of starvation, i am so frustrated right now. I beg you in the name of God please help us, no matter how little to buy food and drinking water. We have been starving and cannot afford real food for days now. I am kneeling before you pleading to your kind heart , please help us with any amount' or anything you can please. 2202 851 055 uba .I pray as you extend a hand to us may you never lack anything in life. Amen

please brothers and sisters I am still on my knees pleading, someone please help me.
If you're not a scammer then let's do video call or u better go ask father of those child.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by kpajie1: 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
odiyeu88:
. . . .

Dear Nairalander Good Afternoon. Please spare a few seconds to read my post, i beg you in the name of God please. It's (12.pm) now. This is a sincere appeal from the depth of my heart Please do not ignore, I cry to you from the Depth of my heart. Life have not been easy for me and my family since i lost my job, We have been drinking garri for days now. My kids are now looking so skinny and sick and they are crying all the time because of starvation, i am so frustrated right now. I beg you in the name of God please help us, no matter how little to buy food and drinking water. We have been starving and cannot afford real food for days now. I am kneeling before you pleading to your kind heart , please help us with any amount' or anything you can please. 2202 851 055 uba .I pray as you extend a hand to us may you never lack anything in life. Amen

please brothers and sisters I am still on my knees pleading, someone please help me.
why not menial job
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Googledotcom: 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2022
Melkizedeck:

Thank you jare. Some people are just senseless!!!
If that man sues that girl for duping, her own don be, be that.
The law is never one-sided! If you know as a woman that a man is training you in school and you have no string attached with him, then make him sign a document first to prove it before he continues!!!
Simple !

Or let the man know from the get go that she won't marry him and any spending done won't be repayed either in cash or kind. At list the man would know what he's getting his hands into and won't expect anything from her in the future.

In this case not even a diety can summon her because her hand is clean.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Scholes007(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
IamMobisola:

Abegi. Nothing go do her.
She will move on to marry someone else happily
Most women bring misfortune to their families through this act.
She lacks principle
She lacks moral code
She is unrelyable
She is dubious.... Just name them.
Even if she gets married to another, these trait of her will obviously ruin her or her marriage.

1 Like

Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by newnigerdelta00: 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by SURElee(f): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
Ladies will never hear the word.
They think they are smart.
How does a man train you and you open your mouth to say he is an illiterate and not your class? Who gave you class, if not that the man who trained you?

I blame men and who continue to blame them, if you must train a female, marry her first, I don:t care how expensive their bride price is, marry her first and while she is schooling dey knack her belle, make I see if after 4 years in school with 3 or 4 kids she will come out to say he isn't her class.

Nonsense and ingrates.

Thank God I don't have any brother who will be foolish enough to say he is training a girl that will later dump him. If your father can bear you, he should train you.

Some of these ingrate ladies who call their benefactors or helpers illiterates have illiterates fathers o! Why didn't they disown their fathers?
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by 7buckz(m): 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
OperationalVehi:
But I thought they said juju I s not real
Lol
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Drdhrey: 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2022
Where are the millipedes wink wink
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by IamMobisola(f): 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
Scholes007:
Most women bring misfortune to their families through this act.
She lacks principle
She lacks moral code
She is unrelyable
She is dubious.... Just name them.
Even if she gets married to another, these trait of her will obviously ruin her or her marriage.

And men who rape women, underage boys and girls, involve in fraud, kidnap people, rob people and kill people for rituals don’t bring misfortune ba?

Shioorrr!
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Odunharry(m): 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2022
izzou:

I didn't even know this still happens.
Till Tomorrow it will still happen..
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by sirjamesjnr(m): 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2022
IamMobisola:

Story. We all know you Nigerian men don’t do favors for women without expecting sexual gratification in return.
One guy took a lady friend out to dinner and he paid for her, after that he was telling the girl to spend the night at his place. Aunty said for what? When she has her own place? Ontop food, una go wan sleep with women
. Can she refuse the man's food or pay her bills? Terms and conditions should be involved while going on a date with a guy. Refuse it or pay the bill if you don't want him to spend the night with you as recompense for his meal.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by IamMobisola(f): 3:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
. Can she refuse the man's food or pay her bills? Terms and conditions should be involved while going on a date with a guy. Refuse it or pay the bill if you don't want him to spend the night with you as recompense for his meal.

How many of your male friends that you have paid for their lunch or dinner have you asked sex from?
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by sirjamesjnr(m): 4:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
IamMobisola:

Lmao.
So she was on her own and yet he went to meet her to ask her on dinner date. This alone means he will foot the bills. But to demand sex? Very wrong.

How many of your male friends that you have done favor for or bought lunch or dinner for have you asked for sex? You can’t because they are your friends right? so why should women’s own be different? Ooh I get, it’s because Nigerian men can’t be friends with women without asking for sex.
.In this nation, we have a very distinct mindset. A date is not a place where a guy will buy you meals or do you any favors; it is a chance for both parties to get to know one another. Once you receive gifts from a male, there is an unspoken rule that you must not give him access to the cookie jar.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by alimiadedayo1: 4:21pm On Oct 21, 2022
Painsoother:
U wouldn't say no if u have the opportunity to marry a wife in the class of Ngozi okonjo iweala, Dora Akunyiri, etc. Note that their husbands were involved in their education. Nothing wrong with playing ur own part when a lady say yes to ur marriage proposal and pleaded with u to help see her through a certain level of education before officially tying the nuptial nuts and bearing of kids. It happens everywhere.. People accepts proposal at the same time ask for time to either gain ground at work place or round up a particular stage of their education before proceeding with the marriage brouhaha.
your comment does not actually correlate with the bone of contention
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2022
virginprincess:
Did they sign any certificate of agreement that she must marry he after training herundecided undecided,all this Nigeria men sef,my brother you decided to be foolish endure your foolishness.

No they didn’t sign any thing. He was just very foolish. Now I hope he uses that foolishness to deal with the girl if she doesn’t pay back all he spent after their verbal agreement.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by sirjamesjnr(m): 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
IamMobisola:

How many of your male friends that you have paid for their lunch or dinner have you asked sex from?
.It was a general piece of advice because I'm in a relationship. Now, to answer your question I am free to spend my money however I like. I have the option of sharing it with all of my male friends and, when I do so with a female friend, I can decide to initiate sexual contact. I'm allowed to use my money whatever I like. It's true that you can help out certain female friends without having sex with them. Your best bet for earning a man's respect is to conduct oneself in a ladylike manner.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Bankowner: 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2022
Millipedes don't cut it in this instance! Whatever happened to bees and scorpions?
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Dshocker(m): 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
virginprincess:

Of course he has endured his foolishness and if i were the girl, i won't go...

Let her return all the money spent on her, period.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by Dshocker(m): 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2022
Octopusssy:
Beer parlour gist

If you talk too much, you go see octopus for inside ya belle tomorrow morning, be careful.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by IamMobisola(f): 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
.It was a general piece of advice because I'm in a relationship. Now, to answer your question I am free to spend my money however I like. I have the option of sharing it with all of my male friends and, when I do so with a female friend, I can decide to initiate sexual contact. I'm allowed to use my money whatever I like. It's true that you can help out certain female friends without having sex with them. Your best bet for earning a man's respect is to conduct oneself in a ladylike manner.

As long as your girlfriend can do same too, since it’s her money right? Lol

Who said anything about earning a Man’s respect as per he is my parents abi God? Lmao.
Re: Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise by JohnOkolo: 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2022
virginprincess:

She will explain that to the deity, worthless ingrate- Women

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Doctor & His Lawyer Fiancée / Man Engages Girlfriend With N2 Million Cheque & Diamond Ring (Photos) / Wedding Invitation In Pidgin English (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.