Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Is It Possible To Marry Her? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Marry Her? (25516 Views)

Bride Mocks Her Ex For Saying No Man Would Ever Marry Her (Photos, Video) / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? / Is It Possible To Use Finger To Dis-virgin A Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:17am On Oct 28, 2022
Buksaylor:

In as much as say na you...but you can go ahead and marry her.

No be me oo!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:18am On Oct 28, 2022
Boyooosa:

Can he marry his own step sister since they are not related by birth nor blood....

Hmmm! I can't answer that oo
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udeh3(m): 11:19am On Oct 28, 2022
Well, like someone said, this girl in question, isn’t part of the family tree. The mother only got connected to the ops friend’s family by marriage

In my opinion, they can marry, if the mother agrees and analysis the way she’s been treated in the family
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:19am On Oct 28, 2022
Nilon:
you are fond of looking for faults up and down. What is the matter with you? You seem like a misandrist

I don't know for her oo
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:20am On Oct 28, 2022
Henix:

If the uncle is not the biological father, then ur guy is free to marry her. Only blood relations are forbidden from sexual affairs/marriage

Thanks baba!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:21am On Oct 28, 2022
merits:

Guy stop lieing,if truly that friend want to marry your relatives,how is that your business to stop him?why are you care about the girl when you are not the one marrying him.

It seems you are the one in love with her,stop giving us cock and bull stories here.

Sincerely bro! I'm not the one!! I'm only helping a friend who came to seek my advice
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by LaJoe2: 11:22am On Oct 28, 2022
The Bible encourages us to speak what we know.
This one, i'm not sure o!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:22am On Oct 28, 2022
Coolgent:

I don't know much about Christianity but according to Islamic Jurisprudence you can only judge someone bade on his or her character not the way he/she was born.
Though you ain't Muslim but i advise you to digest her characters and fo the needful.
She didn't choose to be born that way so dont judge base on that

You are getting me wrong !!! I'm not judging anyone!!! He only need my advice that's why I'm bringing it to the house
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2022
observanc1:
hausa-fulani people that maryy their first cousins nko? how do they do their explanation?

I tire oo
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2022
Raychee:
Is there no other woman on this earth?

Have u ever being in love?
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:24am On Oct 28, 2022
chosky2589:
Make him marry her if he loves her, it not a taboo

I seen guy who married his step mom's daughter from another man and they live happily

Noted baba
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2022
udeh3:
Well, like someone said, this girl in question, isn’t part of the family tree. The mother only got connected to the ops friend’s family by marriage

In my opinion, they can marry, if the mother agrees and analysis the way she’s been treated in the family

That's awesome!!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by internationalman(m): 11:26am On Oct 28, 2022
Kobicove:

Not necessarily true...would you marry a girl your parents adopted to be your sister just because you're not related by blood? undecided

Yes I would if I like her that much.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:26am On Oct 28, 2022
LaJoe2:
The Bible encourages us to speak what we know.
This one, i'm not sure o!

The Lord will help us
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:27am On Oct 28, 2022
internationalman:

Yes I would if I like her that much.

Correct guy
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by kaludestiny10(m): 11:31am On Oct 28, 2022
Hahaha, what a creative question.
PerfectStranger:
A friend abi na you.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by lolu2019: 11:33am On Oct 28, 2022
internationalman:
The girl is her step cousin.

I know he's asking this question after they've already been fucking. If that isn't a taboo in his eyes I wonder why he thinks marrying her is

As long as they are not related by blood I see no wrong in marrying her.
how did u know they have been poing each other.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:33am On Oct 28, 2022
ariesbull:
it is you

Don't vomit incest... Women full ground

The lady in question is not related to tur guy by blood na
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by haslaw(m): 11:34am On Oct 28, 2022
Karleb:
Imagine having to explain to your children or worse, grand children that you and your wife are related?

You people can have flings but marriage! NO!

How are they related.

What is the difference between those you can have flings with and those you can marry
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:35am On Oct 28, 2022
Saintmary:

Of all the girls in the world, you had to prey on your younger sister.

Yes, not by blood, but she is supposed to find a safe haven in your family.

So is marrying her a taboo? Pls have u ever being in love? The said lady have given her consent!!!

Tell your friend he is shameless. No right thinking man will give her to you to be your wife.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2022
Saintmary:

Of all the girls in the world, you had to prey on your younger sister.

Yes, not by blood, but she is supposed to find a safe haven in your family.

So is marrying her a taboo? Pls have u ever being in love? The said lady have given her consent!!!

Tell your friend he is shameless. No right thinking man will give her to you to be your wife.

The said lady has given her consent!!! If u have ever being in love then you will understand how they both feel
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by LaJoe2: 11:37am On Oct 28, 2022
udofia234:

The Lord will help us

But according to the definition of a blood relation, a step-cousin is not included o
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:38am On Oct 28, 2022
tabaralph:

Hhmm I hear you, the girl wey you don bleep tire na now you dey ask questions

I don't know, that might have happened between them, but what they are seeking is advice and not outright condemnation
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by Boyooosa(m): 11:38am On Oct 28, 2022
udofia234:

Hmmm! I can't answer that oo

That girl he is poking is his stepsister, let him see it from that angle....

If a father needs to sit on their wedding and her biological father is nowhere to be found for a reason, his uncle will be sitting as the bride's father.

And probably, if your friend's father is not available too for a reason, his uncle will also dib as the groom's father, so what a f**k?

Girls full everywhere now
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by Oduduwa707: 11:39am On Oct 28, 2022
udofia234:

A friend!!! Not me

Baba, abeg shut up, na you joor! undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:39am On Oct 28, 2022
mechanics:
It's not right, they are related by blood, you, can you marry your dad's elder brother or younger brother's daughter, that's not possible, relate it to this case, you will see it's a taboo.

Hmmm! I hope he understands

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:41am On Oct 28, 2022
Karleb:
Imagine having to explain to your children or worse, grand children that you and your wife are related?

You people can have flings but marriage! NO!

Hmmm! Its well
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by udofia234(m): 11:42am On Oct 28, 2022
Kobicove:

Not necessarily true...would you marry a girl your parents adopted to be your sister just because you're not related by blood? undecided

Hmmm
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by emanobis(m): 11:47am On Oct 28, 2022
udofia234:
Good morning guys!!! A friend asks me his question yesterday and within myself I think its a taboo, or maybe the Christian doctrine might not allow this!

His father's elder brother wife, had a daughter for another man before marrying the dads elder brother. My guy said he"s in love with the girl. He then asked me that question confidentially but I said I'll answer him after I have consulted my friends about it. pls my fellow nairalanders is this right or should one call it madness?

He really wants to marry the Lady!!! But looking at it I think they are not related in any ways now.

Check what your tradition considers as Taboo but as for me, I will answer in several different ways
1. The Asians marry their relatives

2. The Late Queen Elizabeth married her cousin, King Philip
Were Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth Related?
Ans: Having had the same great-great-grandmother, Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip were third cousins.

3. Biblically, I couldn't remember exact names but sure there were these sisters that slept with their dad so as to have children for him

As for me, both of them doesn't have any blood connection and as such, they can marry

In conclusion, he should speak with his father first.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by GodisFirst: 11:52am On Oct 28, 2022
His Father's Elder Brother's Wife = His Aunt
His Father's Elder Brother's Wife's Daughter = His Cousin Sister.

So, the question should be, should he marry his cousin?

Let him go and ask the elders of his village if they are permitted by tradition to marry their cousins. Some people marry their cousins while some see it as a taboo that is abominable with grave spiritual, health and mental consequences.

So, for me, it is a NO! NO!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry Her? by Mutigadara1: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
i don't know how his religion sees it, but there is no problem in him marrying her from my religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are All The Good Guys Taken? / I Had A Blood Covenant / What's The Longest Time You've Spent Trying To Woo A Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.