Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,743 members, 7,831,370 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? (4637 Views)

NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike / How The North East Will Vote In Percentages / Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Aiel123: 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kyase:

You get the gist na
Whoever that wins 2023, will have this big sigh of relief
Exactly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Aiel123: 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2022
slivertongue:

Yes ooo. Cost of logistics no be here. Forget those who make it a walk in the park. PDP and LP have started and could go 15 States before January. APC is starting on Tuesday and i hear the budget is six billion. All party campaign timetable will be amended as time goes by. The presidential candidates have other engagements in between the campaigns. The fact is, NIGERIANS know where and who to vote. Campaigns ain't gonna change much. Alot of persons think sharing money and endorsements will fix NIGERIA. Sadly most commentors think an individual owns the North and I'll give northerners matching others to vote his preferred candidate. Even the council of Ulamas are struggling to speak in favor of the person they stood surety for in 2015-2019. Northern voters are the most traumatized today. APC is nothing but a mistake that shouldn't have happened. Most political parties don't have organic support base neither do the patrons have much to spend. I fear INEC is battling some challenges that may push the election into second week of March
You have raised good points.
People have already made their up on their respective candidates.
Campaign helps in Winnipeg over the undecided voters who constitute a huge figure of voters.
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2022
Chenult:

grin

Since hope came,apc has won more elections than under rochas
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by OBUKSBAYELSA: 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2022
Garfield your analysis is faulty and of no consequence with probably the exception of Zamfara Tinubu will not come second in other State in North West Nigeria. Don't get carried away and hide under nairaland.

1 Like

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:

That's true..

More reason why Obi needs to focus more on the south during this campaign.

No,he just needs to encourage large turnout.he needs to attract them with material incentives like first ten people to come out to vote in so so units will get so so prizes..he needs to focus more on the north

1 Like

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2022
Donsheddy:

The APc that came fourth in the last govt. Election in IMO state.

During the presidential elections,they came 2nd and got 30%.since hope became governor,they have won 4 out of 5 elections

1 Like

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by buhariguy(m): 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2022
Donsheddy:

So are you saying tinubu Is more popular than atiku in the north.

Even a sitting gej couldn't defeat Buhari in the north west even when he was in cpc...
The earlier we realize that n.w is the most tribalistic region when it comes to presidency

We vote individuals in presidential election not party...

Check Nigeria election from 1999 till date
you're right. but to remind you atiku is far from north west,
Buhari and the state governor's still control north west.
Buhari has done well in North west, they will vote apc.
Borno and yobe does not even recognised atiku as their son, not to talk of North West,

1 Like

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2022
Donsheddy:

So are you saying tinubu Is more popular than atiku in the north.

Even a sitting gej couldn't defeat Buhari in the north west even when he was in cpc...
The earlier we realize that n.w is the most tribalistic region when it comes to presidency

We vote individuals in presidential election not party...

Check Nigeria election from 1999 till date

Obj won northwest in 1999 even though anpp adopted falae.buhari is madly popular in the north,from the north west and a core fulani with fanatic ideas.atiku is not from the north west,not a core fulani,highly liberal and not popular

1 Like

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by jumper524(m): 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2022
garfield1:

No.even se won't give obi 90% except anambra.the result dividing like this will favour obi also.
is like you forget say 40% votes from Katsina and kebbi Don solve SE 90%.. Obi is left with South south and SW Don sub Deb with enough Jara.
The best he can win in NC is benue a Jo's and Abuja with maybe 40% kogi and kwara go still sub am komot. Tinubu still has Niger state.

2 Likes

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by buhariguy(m): 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2022
OBUKSBAYELSA:
Garfield your analysis is faulty and of no consequence with probably the exception of Zamfara Tinubu will not come second in other State in North West Nigeria. Don't get carried away and hide under nairaland.
kastina, kaduna, kebbi, jigawa and Zamfara are apc, with nothing less than 50%

2 Likes

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2022
slivertongue:

Your fatal realism hasn't allowed you to interrogate the normatives. All you credit to Tinubu is transactional politics and inflated personality. I have told you long before now that Northern electorates ain't gonna be waiting for handouts from anyone. I have told you the election would be won and lost in the South but North I'll largely vote for a Northern contestant.

I agree that the election will be won in the north but atiku can only win the north narrowly.the north dont just follow any northerner but a fulani from the north west,a fanatic,a radical Muslim.atiku is not, kwankwaso is close to that so votes will be shared and with tinubu winning nc and sw,he wins overall.
Tinubu camp suspects that yari might work for atiku that is why they made sen marafa state coordinator to checkmate yari.tinubu plays better politics than atiku overall.look at how he won the primaries,appointed lalong from amechi camp DG, how he accommodated all interests in the PCC, how he waited before picking shettima,how he silenced grievances in Adamawa apc,how he is carrying adamu and the govs along.compare to how atiku carelessly chose okowa,how he treats g 5,how he appointed tambuwal who caused disaffection in the party as campaign DG, how he is sidelining several factions in several states and some nwc members,how he isn't releasing money,how he is only concentrating in the core north.he will ultimately fail

1 Like

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by OBUKSBAYELSA: 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2022
buhariguy:
kastina, kaduna, kebbi, jigawa and Zamfara ar0e apc, with nothing less than 50%

Your name says it all, so no need to join issues with you, dream your dreams since it is in the realm of spirit but Nigerians will vote in physical and count the votes physically and like I said the only probability is Zamfara State.
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Svoboda(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2022
My opinion has not changed over the past few months. The north is generally not keen on holding to power. Even Atiku hardly excites the northerners like Buhari did in 2015 and 2019.

I've been with some northern contractors from the northwest, and seperately, they all said the north largely has decided to cede power to the south in 2023.

I am also of the conviction that this was what Buhari had wanted all along.

Also, bear in mind that ruling parties hardly lose elections, especially, as someone above pointed out, if they are united. You can reference recent electoral outcomes across africa.

The biggest albatross for Tinubu is if Buhari refuses to campaign for him, which i doubt, since Buhari is a man of his words.

2 Likes

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Donsheddy: 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2022
garfield1:

Obj won northwest in 1999 even though anpp adopted falae.buhari is madly popular in the north,from the north west and a core fulani with fanatic ideas.atiku is not from the north west,not a core fulani,highly liberal and not popular

That should tell you the north west will tilt towards nnpp cus kwankwanso fits that description.

Is falae from the north west?....
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Abdu81: 2:57pm On Nov 13, 2022
garfield1:

Yes outside Kaduna

Sleep on oga
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Donsheddy: 2:58pm On Nov 13, 2022
buhariguy:
you're right. but to remind you atiku is far from north west,
Buhari and the state governor's still control north west.
Buhari has done well in North west, they will vote apc.
Borno and yobe does not even recognised atiku as their son, not to talk of North West,

The earlier you realize that state governors.
Barely influence presidential election the better for you.

PDP couldn't win that region even with the president and governors they had....

N.W vote tribally, religiously before party.

Any one writing kwankwanso off from that region after following there voting pattern is either decieving himself or fighting to accept the hard truth.

Only Yaradua won that region against Buhari and he was from the region and the ruling party....

And that's why he still hold the record for the highest number of votes pulled by an individual in Nigeria election.

1 Like

Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2022
Donsheddy:

That should tell you the north west will tilt towards nnpp cus kwankwanso fits that description.

Is falae from the north west?....

He isn't but anpp dominated nw in 1999 so the people should have voted falae yet obj wins which means they dont always vote sentimentally or primordially esp when their primary choice is not available thats someone from the north west....
Kwankwaso should win but he is contesting under a weak party.apart from kano,I dont see him winning another state.he can win the nw narrowly which means votes will be divided which is good for tinubu
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Donsheddy: 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
garfield1:

During the presidential elections,they came 2nd and got 30%.since hope became governor,they have won 4 out of 5 elections

Two non easterners was contesting the election.
Tribal sentiment wasn't in play.....

What was the result in 2015
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2022
Donsheddy:

The earlier you realize that state governors.
Barely influence presidential election the better for you.

PDP couldn't win that region even with the president and governors they had....

N.W vote tribally, religiously before party.

Any one writing kwankwanso off from that region after following there voting pattern is either decieving himself or fighting to accept the hard truth.

Only Yaradua won that region against Buhari and he was from the region and the ruling party....

And that's why he still hold the record for the highest number of votes pulled by an individual in Nigeria election.

Yaradua lost nw narrowly to buhari.govs influenced it.in 2003,obj got 40% and won kad because of the govs influence.gej got 37% in 2011
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
Donsheddy:

Two non easterners was contesting the election.
Tribal sentiment wasn't in play.....

What was the result in 2015

In 2015 it was 78%-22% between two parties and apc was very weak.gej was the incumbent.now,apc is stronger,pdp weaker and lp still coming up
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Donsheddy: 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
garfield1:

He isn't but anpp dominated nw in 1999 so the people should have voted falae yet obj wins which means they dont always vote sentimentally or primordially esp when their primary choice is not available thats someone from the north west....
Kwankwaso should win but he is contesting under a weak party.apart from kano,I dont see him winning another state.he can win the nw narrowly which means votes will be divided which is good for tinubu

Did buhari contest under a strong party when he won.

APC GETTING 30% FROM THE REGION WILL BE EXEGERATING.
YOU HAVE A CORE FULANI IN NNPP
AND YOU HAVE A HOUSEHOLD ATIKU HUTSLING FOR VOTE....

SEEMS YOU'VE FORGOTTEN KWANKWANSO GOAL FOR 2023 IS TO CLAIM A STAKE IN 2027 ELECTION

AND HE CANT DO THAT IF HE DOESN'T SHOW HE CAN INHERIT ATLEAST 45% of BUHARIS VOTE
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2022
Donsheddy:

Did buhari contest under a strong party when he won.

APC GETTING 30% FROM THE REGION WILL BE EXEGERATING.
YOU HAVE A CORE FULANI IN NNPP
AND YOU HAVE A HOUSEHOLD ATIKU HUTSLING FOR VOTE....

SEEMS YOU'VE FORGOTTEN KWANKWANSO GOAL FOR 2023 IS TO CLAIM A STAKE IN 2027 ELECTION

AND HE CANT DO THAT IF HE DOESN'T SHOW HE CAN INHERIT ATLEAST 45% of BUHARIS VOTE

Thats why I said kwankwaso winning nw will favour tinubu as far as he stays close.
Anpp was very strong in core north.CPC was made of half of anpp.buhari was madly popular.atiku and kwankwaso are not so popular
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Donsheddy: 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2022
garfield1:

Thats why I said kwankwaso winning nw will favour tinubu as far as he stays close.
Anpp was very strong in core north.CPC was made of half of anpp.buhari was madly popular.atiku and kwankwaso are not so popular

How will it favour tinubu.
Losing the n.w is as good as losing the election.
Cus his strong hold is a battle ground.
And he has no road in the south south and southeast.?
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Donsheddy: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2022
garfield1:

So tinubu is more popular.
Is tinubu more popular than atiku ND kwankwanso.....

Saying atiku is not popular my God.
Someone that was the flagbearer of pdp in the last election.

And have contested several times even pulled about 2 million when he contested in 2007.

Kwankwanso that has cult followership...
Former governor of the most populated state in northwest isn't popular...

Guy na be calming down
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2022
Donsheddy:

How will it favour tinubu.
Losing the n.w is as good as losing the election.
Cus his strong hold is a battle ground.
And he has no road in the south south and southeast.?

Your not getting it.as far as he loses nw and atiku doesnt win it,its ok.he wins sw and nc,obi wins se,ss.atiku wins only ne,kwankwaso wins nw.it will come down to spread bw him and obi
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2022
Donsheddy:

So tinubu is more popular.
Is tinubu more popular than atiku ND kwankwanso.....

Saying atiku is not popular my God.
Someone that was the flagbearer of pdp in the last election.

And have contested several times even pulled about 2 million when he contested in 2007.

Kwankwanso that has cult followership...
Former governor of the most populated state in northwest isn't popular...

Guy na be calming down

It is like you dont know what popularity is.popularity is being widely loved,known for good things not just being known.contesting severally or being known doesn't translate to popularity.atiku is known but most hate him.kwankwaso is the one popular but his influence is mainly in kano and maybe jigawa.the three will share votes
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Donsheddy: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2022
garfield1:

Your not getting it.as far as he loses nw and atiku doesnt win it,its ok.he wins sw and nc,obi wins se,ss.atiku wins only ne,kwankwaso wins nw.it will come down to spread bw him and obi

I don't know much about the north central but follow there voting pattern..
Winning the N.C and S.W wont do him much.

Those two regions don't vote in block..

I doubt if he can win n.c but even if he does the gap won't he more than 5% from his next opponent.
So that won't change much.

And the n.w we talking about.
Atiku will definitely do better than tinubu in that region.
Tho there difference might not be much.

If you go to the s.w tinubu can't win that region with more than 55%.
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by Donsheddy: 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2022
garfield1:

It is like you dont know what popularity is.popularity is being widely loved,known for good things not just being known.contesting severally or being known doesn't translate to popularity.atiku is known but most hate him.kwankwaso is the one popular but his influence is mainly in kano and maybe jigawa.the three will share votes

So tinubu is loved.
Tinubu isn't popular and is Also not loved.

Take a stroll to BBC Hausa and legit.ng Hausa or any Hausa platform to get a glimpse
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2022
Donsheddy:

I don't know much about the north central but follow there voting pattern..
Winning the N.C and S.W wont do him much.

Those two regions don't vote in block..

I doubt if he can win n.c but even if he does the gap won't he more than 5% from his next opponent.
So that won't change much.

And the n.w we talking about.
Atiku will definitely do better than tinubu in that region.
Tho there difference might not be much.

If you go to the s.w tinubu can't win that region with more than 55%.

Sw don't give bloc votes to outsiders but they always give bloc votes to yorubas.tinubu will get at least 60% here.ss next year will be won narrowly also,sharing votes while obi will win se massively.so sw will cancel se,ss canc nc.it will now be who polls highest in ne/nw with spread
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by garfield1: 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2022
Donsheddy:

So tinubu is loved.
Tinubu isn't popular and is Also not loved.

Take a stroll to BBC Hausa and legit.ng Hausa or any Hausa platform to get a glimpse

I dont use social media,I speak directly and relate with people on ground.the north is divided among the three..I never said tinubu is loved
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by slivertongue: 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2022
garfield1:

I agree that the election will be won in the north but atiku can only win the north narrowly.the north dont just follow any northerner but a fulani from the north west,a fanatic,a radical Muslim.atiku is not, kwankwaso is close to that so votes will be shared and with tinubu winning nc and sw,he wins overall.
Tinubu camp suspects that yari might work for atiku that is why they made sen marafa state coordinator to checkmate yari.tinubu plays better politics than atiku overall.look at how he won the primaries,appointed lalong from amechi camp DG, how he accommodated all interests in the PCC, how he waited before picking shettima,how he silenced grievances in Adamawa apc,how he is carrying adamu and the govs along.compare to how atiku carelessly chose okowa,how he treats g 5,how he appointed tambuwal who caused disaffection in the party as campaign DG, how he is sidelining several factions in several states and some nwc members,how he isn't releasing money,how he is only concentrating in the core north.he will ultimately fail

Wow! At the bolded.

Don't put hope in the drama going on in the PDP, planning and hoping on the fallout in the PDP ain't gonna help APC, LP and NNPP. An an election between PDP and APC is a straight fight but with LP and NNPP it won't be as easy as we all think. I laugh when I read about SE and SS are PDP so Obi is taking PDP votes, Kano is APC so Kwankwaso is taking APC votes, Borno and Yobe are APC so the votes there are mainly for APC. Bauchi/Gombe/Adamawa/Taraba are PDP so the votes there are for PDP. Idealistic positions such as the above ignore the feelings of the electorates and make them an article to be bought and discarded at will. None of the top four are sure of what the outcome I'll be. The North Central which is the most liberal of the North is not totally in the same boat with the conservative North. The Christian North are now more involved in politics than ever and rethinking inter group relations. The renew wave of pre-civilization activities in the northern states has reduced the acceptance of Buhari's governance style. The current state of NIGERIA is bitting harder in the North. Kwankwaso may not gain more visibility beyond his geopolitical zone but he'll get millions of votes in the North. Obi may not attract much votes in the NE and NW but others I'll help him with millions. Atiku and Tinubu are popular personalities contesting on popular platforms who will also rack in millions of votes but not usual. Times have changed, NIGERIANS are facing an existential threat from all front and won't do 'SAI' this or that. Not even the wave of Obidient I'll be subscribed to as in 1999. None will easily pick majority votes and spread. But if I may ask what has APC done differently? What value has APC added to Nigeria? Can APC say life under APC is better? What will APC campaign with or can it build on Buhari governance strategy to solicit for votes in 2023?
Re: How The North West Will Vote In Percentages? by PeterObi4LP: 3:34pm On Nov 13, 2022
garfield1:

Which sons? Politics have gone beyond such sentiments.the votes they gave buhari,where did it lead them?

Keep dreaming. The North will not leave their sons and vote Tinubu. Yorubas is already doing the same to vote Tinubu their son and leave others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Modular Refinery In Imo State Begins Operation, Produces 600m Liters Of Fuel. / Indian Firm & Others Bid For Power Distribution Companies / Heavy Security Over Fayose Planned Meeting In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.