Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) (85571 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by allboyz(m): 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2011
Arsene Wenger never fails to surprise us, and it looks like he has pulled off a coup by hijacking the move of Monaco’s South Korean striker Park Chu-Young, who had agreed terms with Lille and was supposedly on his way to the north of France to complete a medical with the Ligue 1 Champions.

Instead it seems he has instead headed to the Emirates to finalise a move to Arsenal! The Lille President Michel Seydoux said: “We haven’t had a telephone call, nothing.”

“From what we understand he could be at Arsenal.”

“Like Monaco, Lille are baffled! Everything about his move had been agreed.”

“This type of behaviour is not acceptable, in any event it doesn’t correspond with the spirit here at Lille.”

Even the BBC has confirmed that the 26 year-old is expected to sign for Arsenal once he completes his medical, and although Wenger will be very happy to have sealed the signing, I can’t imagine that Lille are going to be open for any further talks with Arsenal about Eden Hazard!

http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-poach-monaco-striker-from-lille-wenges-surprise-signing-is-ready-for-a-medical/9347

check www.goonernews.com as well

also

Striker set for Gunners move
Last Updated: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 13:17

South Korean striker Park Chu-Young is having a medical at Arsenal ahead of a proposed 3million euros switch from Monaco.
Chu-Young is expected to leave Monaco before the transfer window slams shut following their relegation from the French top-flight last season.

The BBC have reported he is now having a medical at Arsenal after the Gunners saw a bid accepted by Monaco.

The French outfit are believed to value Chu-Young, who has been linked with Liverpool, Bolton and Fulham in the past, at around £6million but have lowered their valuation due to relegation to Ligue 2.

It is thought Arsenal's offer is around £2.6million (approximately 3million euros), as boss Arsene Wenger seeks to strengthen following the exits of Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/arsenal/striker-set-for-gunners-move-1271037.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^

Neither article suggests he was a replacement for Hazard at Lille - you've added 1+1 and come up with 50 yet again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by allboyz(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2011
debosky:

^^

Neither article suggests he was a replacement for Hazard at Lille - you've added 1+1 and come up with 50 yet again.

A BBC Reporter on ma TL reports that the Lille's President intended to make profit by signing Park as a replacement for Hazard. .  .Coz they were willing to listen of Arsenal's Offer if the amount AW tender is in their valuation of Hazard. . . that's the plan and besides isn't that obvious

if not why Seydoux dey PARA?? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2011
Even if the guy is nt a replacement for hazard,how is it possible to buy hazard ?
AW no fall our hand ooo.3 players-park is in,who are the remaining 2?hazard/cahiilll?m'vila/cahill?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2011
allboyz:

A BBC Reporter on ma TL reports that the Lille's President intended to make profit by signing Park as a replacement for Hazard. .  .Coz they were willing to listen of Arsenal's Offer if the amount AW tender is in their valuation of Hazard. . . that's the plan and besides isn't that obvious

It is not obvious - P-Y is a striker, Hazard is a midfielder/winger - what kind of replacement would that be?

If anything, you could say he may be a replacement for Gervinho and not for Hazard.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Dgunnerz(m): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
Wow!The guy is on wikipedia nd it says on his page that he plays for Arsenal.can some1 confirm this?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^

Anyone can change a wiki entry. . . .it doesn't mean anything.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2011
The story is on BBC football HOMEPAGE http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14692916.stm
It looks very true. Don't thing Park Chu Yung is a type of player we should be expecting at Arsenal as Arsene suggests
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2011
Even if he is a replacement for Hazard sef, that isn't Arsenal wahala jare. His contract isn't finalized yet abi?
Isn't that the same way Campbell initially missed a medical as well and everyone was screaming blue murder that Arsenal was slow and haggling too much? undecided
I don't know who he is replacing, give him a chance to play first and then you can start coming to conclusions.
I would have liked Hazard, if I'm not mistaken I asked for Hazard and Gervinho on this same thread even before last season ended but if 56m is Lille's valuation of Hazard just because they think Arsenal has money, then I'm very glad we snatched Park from under their noses.  We will go back for Hazard when they become more reasonable grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2011
Maybe not the marquee signing we are all expecting but he is a decent player from what i read. And the low fee involved in this deal is majorly because his team (AS monaco) got relegated.
The reports emanating leave a lot of questns cos i can't imagine how quick a player can change his mind and join another club(arsenal) when he is being expected for a medical somewhere else (lille).
If true, lille will feel very bitter about this and we can as well kiss hazard's siggy goodbye.
We totally gazumped this one if d reports are considered true. We dare not complain when the clubs relatively bigger to us do same.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2011
Goodbye again Arsenal, i need to go and do something now.
See you when we play
[img]http://redlondon.files./2011/08/nasri-spotted-in-machster.jpg?w=427&h=406[/img]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2011
dipo+:

If true, lille will feel very bitter about this and we can as well kiss hazard's siggy goodbye.
We totally gazumped this one if d reports are considered true. We dare not complain when the clubs relatively bigger to us do same.

I didn't hear anyone on this thread complaining when Inter snatched Alvarez or when Campbell's deal seemed like it'd been hijacked at the time. If anything most people blamed arsenal for not being fast enough so why the hypocrisy now?  undecided How sure is anyone that Arsenal was aware of this supposed medical  and what part did his agents have to play in all these? I distinctly recall Robinho thinking he was coming for a medical at Chelsea when in fact he was going to city.  grin grin

Forget that stuff about us not being able to get Hazard becos of this, if we have the cash and they need the money, a deal will be done. Player transfer is mostly about money.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by folahann(m): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2011
duduspace:

Forget that stuff about us not being able to get Hazard becos of this, if we have the cash and they need the money, a deal will be done. Player transfer is mostly about money.

Don't mind them, if Arsenal bid 40m today na Lille themselves go arrange plane we go bring go bring am now now
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Ibime(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2011
Park Choo Young was one of those highly rated youngsters who seems to be in the wrong position. Highly technical with decent movement, he seemed to struggle in the striker position due to lack of size. I felt he would be better served playing as a wing-forward. I didn't follow Ligue 1 last season but I understand he copped a few goals. No dount he is a quality player, I don't know where Wenger plans to play him, perhaps either side of RVP cos I don't know if he is built to play no9 in the Prem, although perhaps he progressed in that position last season, but unfortunately I didn't see him play last season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2011
Arsenal bound Hazard? Which part of I am not leaving Lille this season do people not understand.

This hijacking deal smells of BS although I have to admit we've done it before.

Let's just he's far better than the last player we stole while doing medicals?

Quiz time: can anybody guess who that player is? Clue: Muki hates him with a passion! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^ Bischoff? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2011
First answer wrong! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by KayDee4: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2011
The one and only Silvestre
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2011
And I'm sure Muki will drop her panties for Bischoff , she likes dem young and, hehehe grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by slimshay(m): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2011
And the prize goes to kaydeeee!!!

Fishead was having medicals at Sunderland when Arsene Wenger called him.

The rest is history, forking horrible history grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2011
grin grin grin

Well let's hope he's not given the No 18 jersey then. cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by follypimpi(m): 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2011
Park Young sure can pass !!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by KayDee4: 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2011
Wenger's seems to be reading his transfer priority list upside down. Reinforcing the wings and forward positions while the defence is still as tattered as it was last season.

As it stands, we're heading for another year of trophylessness, unless Wenger buys a CB, LB and a creative midfielder before the close of the transfer window and I seriously fear he wont.

Can't remember the last time I saw Arsenal hopelessly lying in 16th position.  angry angry sad sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2011
Kay-Dee:

Wenger's seems to be reading his transfer priority list upside down. Reinforcing the wings and forward positions while the defence is still as tattered as it was last season.

Who says this is the case? Do you know what other defensive reinforcements he is trying to make?

As it stands, we're heading for another year of trophylessness, unless Wenger buys a CB, LB and a creative midfielder before the close of the transfer window and I seriously fear he wont.

So you are saying that Wenger buying a CB, LB and creative midfielder will ensure we don't finish without a trophy?

Stop trying to be the manager (for a couple of days) and do what a supporter does and support. If signings haven't been made by the 31st, then you can resume your armchair football management. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2011
sir alex ferguson has backed arsene wenger. . . . .it means wenger must be getting it wrong. grin tongue
united are happy with the state arsenal have suddenly found themselves. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^

One of the truest statements you have made in ages. . . .since they are effectively competing for different things (titles vs being in the top 4) there is little reason for animosity or beef. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by mukina2: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2011
debo and slim una thank you oh angry grin

@ kay-dee
you are defly not a newbie cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by coogar: 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2011
debosky:

^^
One of the truest statements you have made in ages. . . .since they are effectively competing for different things (titles vs being in the top 4) there is little reason for animosity or beef. grin

wenger will win a title this season. . . .
you heard it here first. . . . . .the only snag is city's reserve team at the early stage of these competitions is better than 18 premier league teams.
if arsenal get lucky and avoid city, wenger is bound to win at least one trophy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by debosky(m): 9:54pm On Aug 27, 2011
coogar:

wenger will win a title this season. . . .
you heard it here first. . . . . .the only snag is city's reserve team at the early stage of these competitions is better than 18 premier league teams.
if arsenal get lucky and avoid city, wenger is bound to win at least one trophy.

Even the most ardent gooner can't be that confident. . . unless he signs half a team in the next few days I don't think you'll hear any gooner that enthusiastic. grin

mukina2:

debo and slim una thank you oh angry grin

So you like Bischoff better than Silvestre? cheesy cheesy

I still get hin number oh. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by Image123(m): 12:43am On Aug 28, 2011
Arsenal hopes to win their own trophy today, as they attempt to defeat Manchester United in the 'showDOWN'.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by duduspace(m): 2:39am On Aug 28, 2011
Seems Joel Campbell didn't get a work permit, Feyenoord should be glad to get him since they can no longer get Miyaichi. Coquelin (who is preferred to Lansbury) and Ozyakup might be involved today if some players don't pass late fitness tests as we're down to the barebones.
If there is any truth in a Arteta for Bendtner swap, I say a big YES.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) by dipo1: 7:41am On Aug 28, 2011
If anyone is really thinkin Moyes will exchange Bendtner for Arteta just like that then they better wake up.
I am sure arteta is far more effective a player than Bendtner who seems to have his only advantage in still being relatively young

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On August 28 2021 / Barcelona Fans Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.