Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank (5902 Views)

Nigerians Are Hypocrites When It Comes To Sex. My Experience At Shoprite / My Neighbour Whose Husband Is Abroad Wants To Sleep With Me / My Neighbour Is Showing Me Green Light Despite The Fact That She's Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by specialofficer: 12:13am On Nov 30, 2022
Good day guys, this story actually happened to my neighbor, she's a POS operator, she sent 2 girls to go to the ATM to withdraw money for her so that she can use the money for her pos business, this isn't the first time she'll be sending them..

The girls went to the ATM and called the POS operator that they seized her card and bank said they can't give them the card and she has to come to the bank to get the card, so my neighbor rushed to the bank only for customer care representative to tell her that the card isn't in the bank, before you know it my neighbor was debited 150k from a POS , that means someone used her card to debit the money.

The problem now is the girls said ATM seized the card and bank are saying they didn't seize any card, my neighbor demanded for CCTV footage, bank showed her when they 2 girls were on quoque but didn't agree to show her the complete footage of the CCTV, that is to know if they actually seized the card, bank are claiming that they didn't seize the card but why can't they show us the complete footage? It's possible that someone from the bank took the debit card and withdrew the money and they're trying to cover for the person because I don't know why they're refusing to show us the complete footage..

Another scenario is that the girls planned it and Gave someone the ATM to go to pos and withdraw the money, my neighbor was able to track the POS people because she too is a POS operator and they told her that it was a guy that came to withdraw the money, now what I'm thinking is that the girls gave the guy the pin and ATM card because it's not possible for the guy to know the pin just like that without someone telling him the pin, but another thing that is confusing us again is that bank that is refusing to show the complete footage for us to ascertain if they truly seized the card.

My neighbor don't want to lock up the girls because they're her church members but 150k is a lot of money. Nairalanders please we really need your help, how do we go about this? Moderators please move this to front page so more people can give insights

Modified: According to the girls, immediately the card was seized by the ATM, they told security and security directed them to customer care, my neighbor asked the security and he confirmed but this is Nigeria anything can still happen, it's either an Insider in the bank or the girls

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by HarlequinLekex: 12:20am On Nov 30, 2022
Showing of the footage must be at the discretion of the bank or a court. The second scenario might be true. People get mind to send pple help dem withdraw most esp in this naija period.

10 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by chatinent: 12:25am On Nov 30, 2022
specialofficer:
Good day guys, this story actually happened to my neighbor, she's a POS operator, she sent 2 girls to go to the ATM to withdraw money for her so that she can use the money for her pos business, this isn't the first time she'll be sending them..

The girls went to the ATM and called the POS operator that they seized her card and bank said they can't give them the card and she has to come to the bank to get the card, so my neighbor rushed to the bank only for customer care representative to tell her that the card isn't in the bank, before you know it my neighbor was debited 150k from a POS , that means someone used her card to debit the money.

The problem now is the girls said ATM seized the card and bank are saying they didn't seize any card, my neighbor demanded for CCTV footage, bank showed her when they 2 girls were on quoque but didn't agree to show her the complete footage of the CCTV, that is to know if they actually seized the card, bank are claiming that they didn't seize the card but why can't they show us the complete footage? It's possible that someone from the bank took the debit card and withdrew the money and they're trying to cover for the person because I don't know why they're refusing to show us the complete footage..

Another scenario is that the girls planned it and Gave someone the ATM to go to pos and withdraw the money, my neighbor was able to track the POS people because she too is a POS operator and they told her that it was a guy that came to withdraw the money, now what I'm thinking is that the girls gave the guy the pin and ATM card because it's not possible for the guy to know the pin just like that without someone telling him the pin, but another thing that is confusing us again is that bank that is refusing to show the complete footage for us to ascertain if they truly seized the card.

My neighbor don't want to lock up the girls because they're her church members but 150k is a lot of money. Nairalanders please we really need your help, how do we go about this? Moderators please move this to front page so more people can give insights

Modified: According to the girls, immediately the card was seized by the ATM, they told security and security directed them to customer care, my neighbor asked the security and he confirmed but this is Nigeria anything can still happen, it's either an Insider in the bank or the girls

I promise not to say anything rude, but aje, believe me, Access Bank is the worst bank in Nigeria.

I won't take sides. Why? I know a banker can steal your money for free. I also know the girls can choose to be dishonest. But what I don't know is why they refused showing you guys the footage from the archives.

What about the debit narrations? To whom?

I'm sure the ATM has a hidden camera. Why isn't it checked?

Well, I don't think you invited enough shege when you went to the bank. Cos if you did, everywhere for don bi all gucci now.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by Urheadmaster(m): 12:33am On Nov 30, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Showing of the footage must be at the discretion of the bank or a court. The second scenario might be true. People get mind to send pple help dem withdraw most esp in this naija period.

This is when police officers are needed for a proper investigation before the matter is taken to court tongue.

10 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by HarlequinLekex: 12:35am On Nov 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:

This is when police officers are needed for a proper investigation before the matter is taken to court tongue.
Thanks for the info.
Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by specialofficer: 12:42am On Nov 30, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
I dey feel like say na person for inside bank run am because the girls said immediately they seized the ATM the told security and it was security that told them to go and complain to customer service, we asked the security and he confirmed but this is Nigeria and it's also possible that the girls planned it from the onset

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by Urheadmaster(m): 12:49am On Nov 30, 2022
specialofficer:
I dey feel like say na person for inside bank run am because the girls said immediately they seized the ATM the told security and it was security that told them to go and complain to customer service, we asked the security and he confirmed but this is Nigeria and it's also possible that the girls planned it from the onset

Why not arrest the girls and allow police officers do their job tongue

4 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by shuttox: 12:49am On Nov 30, 2022
It was those girls
They were smart enough

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by specialofficer: 1:47am On Nov 30, 2022
chatinent:

I promise not to say anything rude, but aje, believe me, Access Bank is the worst bank in Nigeria.

I won't take sides. Why? I know a banker can steal your money for free. I also know the girls choose to be dishonest. But what I don't know is why they refused showing you guys the footage from the archives.

What about the debit narrations? To whom?

I'm sure the ATM has a hidden camera. Why isn't it checked?

Well, I don't think you invited enough shege when you went to the bank. Cos if you did, everywhere for don bi all gucci now.
debit narration said it was withdraw from a baxi pos, we traced the POS and they told us that it was a guy that came to withdraw the money, I'm suspecting the girls and the bank, but to clear the bank from any suspicion, they should show someone the full CCTV footage, now even if someone is to go to the bank, they can claim that they've deleted the footage, you know as them dey cover their footsteps

6 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by specialofficer: 1:48am On Nov 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Why not arrest the girls and allow police officers do their job tongue
My neighbor doesn't want to arrest them because they attend the same fellowship together
Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by Urheadmaster(m): 1:54am On Nov 30, 2022
specialofficer:
My neighbor doesn't want to arrest them because they attend the same fellowship together

Okay now.

This is how being a fellowship members has lead several persons into a regrettable lives full of had I know tongue.

5 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by PointZerom: 2:06am On Nov 30, 2022
Fabricated story.
Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by bugatti02(m): 2:07am On Nov 30, 2022
Those girls are smart, totally not possible to get the card and get the pin as well. Ask your neighbor to arrest the girls. Visit the police station and get a court order. The fully footage from the bank will be granted to the police. Last last. If those girls are guilty. Money spent on the case should be added to the#150k for the family to pay up.

Or

You ignore and leave it to God and karma.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 30, 2022
If this kind thing happen to you, aje you go just weak

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by specialofficer: 2:09am On Nov 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Okay now.

This is how being a fellowship members lead several persons into a regrettable lives full of had I know tongue.
I swear down, left to me, I would have arrested them and leave the investigation in the hands of police, let's see if bank will refuse to show police the CCTV footage, but how did the guy that withdraw the money know the atm pin if not that the girls told him? And how did he get the debit card in the first place?

Secondly, is it possible for someone in the bank to know your debit card pin? I'm just confused

lalasticlala Mynd44 Ishilove Dominique make una put mouth
Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by simple250: 2:39am On Nov 30, 2022
Devil was once a chore leader,trust any body at your own risk ..treasurer weh thief church money self dey go jail.

4 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by Fedrams: 3:35am On Nov 30, 2022
Similar thinks happed while I was working in the bank but I was able to get the fact tru cctv that was after the customer has call us various name. Tru the cctv. The customer ask someone to help him to use the ATM machine, he first check balance the delibratly drop the card on the floor, at the point of picking it, he swap the card with another one and give it to the man, the man unknowingly that his card has been swap inserted it into the machine and imputed his pin, that was how the cared was sized and he came to complain that his card has been seized, I brought out the card inside the machine and his card was not there. As we were discussing he stated receiving alert. Before we could block his account, the fellow has transferred almost 500k.
Now he insisted that it was the bank staff that withdraw his money but cctv unveil the truth.

Those ladies actually compromise. Somehow someone swap the card from them

specialofficer:

16 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by specialofficer: 3:49am On Nov 30, 2022
Fedrams:
Similar thinks happed while I was working in the bank but I was able to get the fact tru cctv that was after the customer has call us various name. Tru the cctv. The customer ask someone to help him to use the ATM machine, he first check balance the delibratly drop the card on the floor, at the point of picking it, he swap the card with another one and give it to the man, the man unknowingly that his card has been swap inserted it into the machine and imputed his pin, that was how the cared was sized and he came to complain that his card has been seized, I brought out the card inside the machine and his card was not there. As we were discussing he stated receiving alert. Before we could block his account, the fellow has transferred almost 500k.
Now he insisted that it was the bank staff that withdraw his money but cctv unveil the truth.

Those ladies actually compromise. Somehow someone swap the card from them

Deep!! I'll have to ask them to know if they gave someone the card at the ATM, maybe the person swapped the card, but i don't think they'll be dumb enough to give someone the card and still tell the person the pin, mind you they are 2 girls . Is there a reason for the bank to not show us the CCTV footage of when they seized the card? Or what should I do to enable me get the footage?

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by ikeno(m): 3:50am On Nov 30, 2022
your neighbor doesn't want to arrest them cause they are church members then she should forget about the money.
the devil is in the details;she should get them arrested first,then the police will interrogate them separately to see if their story change also since the bank refuse to show her the full CCTV footage,the police can get the CCTV from the bank because the case is under investigation.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by vincentont(m): 4:00am On Nov 30, 2022
specialofficer:

Since it is POS the person withdrew from and it is just a space of few minutes thereby using the PIN for withdrawal then these are my own narration:
1.The girls must have connived with someone on their way to the bank and for them to perfect their job well, they have to use another Atm card and purposely allow the ATM to retain the card they used so it will look has if they are saying the truth.
2. The Bank is not even allowed to show you the cctv footage without police report but for them to show you few mins of it without showing you the complete footage transaction makes them a suspect . So go get a police report.
3. Maybe the card was not retained but was delaying coming out due to network issue then the next person on the queue would have taken the card while the girls went to report to the securities.
So in conclusion you should demand for cctv footage to include what happens next after the girls must have left the ATM.

9 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by Nobody: 4:05am On Nov 30, 2022
it has to be the girls, everything seems scripted,or they where stup!d enough to drop the full pin and card details( which is a wrong move) with the customer care, who later id the card and used it for withdrawal,the only way to this is to arrest the girls and the person in the customer care they spoke to because the bank for security reasons cant show or disclose footage of the ATM operator who removed the card also someone may have tampared with the footage or else they should show you the whole thing to the point in which the girls used the card,the bank doesn't know your atm pin unless you give them or its hacked. my opinion is arrest the girls and the customer care rep they laid complaines to.if they complained via phone then thats a longer case yet not futile.
Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by Fedrams: 4:18am On Nov 30, 2022
Go back to the bank, go and see the bank manager, begged him to assist you that you want to see the full cctv.
If they refused. Write to the bank head office check there website for there compliance e mail

and also petition CBN office in your state,

specialofficer:
Deep!! I'll have to ask them to know if they gave someone the card at the ATM, maybe the person swapped the card, but i don't think they'll be dumb enough to give someone the card and still tell the person the pin, mind you they are 2 girls . Is there a reason for the bank to not show us the CCTV footage of when they seized the card? Or what should I do to enable me get the footage?
Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by specialofficer: 4:22am On Nov 30, 2022
vincentont:

Since it is POS the person withdrew from and it is just a space of few minutes thereby using the PIN for withdrawal then these are my own narration:
1.The girls must have connived with someone on their way to the bank and for them to perfect their job well, they have to use another Atm card and purposely allow the ATM to retain the card they used so it will look has if they are saying the truth.
2. The Bank is not even allowed to show you the cctv footage without police report but for them to show you few mins of it without showing you the complete footage transaction makes them a suspect . So go get a police report.
3. Maybe the card was not retained but was delaying coming out due to network issue then the next person on the queue would have taken the card while the girls went to report to the securities.
So in conclusion you should demand for cctv footage to include what happens next after the girls must have left the ATM.
it's possible for the next person on the queue to take the card , that's if the ATM was having a network issue but how will the person know the pin?? We traced the POS that the person used and they said I guy came to withdraw, without pin you can't withdraw.

Secondly, I now have a reason to believe the bank wasn't involve, because if someone inside the bank wanted to use the card the person still needs a pin, working in a bank doesn't automatically mean you get to know people's debit card pin, but now the issue is that bank didn't show the complete CCTV footage, they only showed us when the girls were on the quoque, maybe they weren't allowed to show us without police report but they just wanted to show us when the girls were on the quoque, the best thing is to get a police report, but even with a police report, and bank shows us how they card was seized, it's still possible that the girls gave them a wrong card..

No matter what happens, the girls are at fault, I'm sure they were the ones that planned it, because it's not possible to get the person's pin, they probably gave the debit card to someone to withdraw from pos

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by specialofficer: 4:25am On Nov 30, 2022
Fedrams:
Go back to the bank, go and see the bank manager, begged him to assist you that you want to see the full cctv.
If they refused. Write to the bank head office check there website for there compliance e mail

Can the manager allow me to watch cctv without police report? This thing happened on Friday, they might say they've deleted the cctv footage
Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by imagrg(m): 4:27am On Nov 30, 2022
Trust nobody these days in Naija; not even your pastor or Imam. shocked

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:44am On Nov 30, 2022
specialofficer:
Can the manager allow me to watch cctv without police report? This thing happened on Friday, they might say they've deleted the cctv footage

The bank cannot allow you to watch CCTV footage.

A crime has obviously occurred. Report at the police station in that jurisdiction.

If the bank refuses the police, the police will know what to do. They will get the court to subpoena the CCTV footage.

But in Nigeria here, that may end up a long, costly process. But that is the only way.

Banks guide their CCTV (especially ATM cameras) very jealously.

There are many reasons why banks are protective of their CCTV.

1. Camera angle: they like to hide the range of their cameras so that potential thieves or criminals don't know how much area the camera can cover.

2. Privacy: to protect the privacy of other customers who use the ATMs.

3. CCTV footages are typically valuable. They can't just reveal it to everyone that comes in asking for footages.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:53am On Nov 30, 2022
Fedrams:

All these will not work.

You can't petition a bank to let you see CCTV footages.

You will most likely need the intervention of a court because the bank may even refuse the police.

Look at issues of tracking phone numbers by the police. Without court intervention, many such cases end up as privacy violation.

Usually, the police will get a warrant from a magistrate before proceeding with such interventions.
Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by kreemzo1(m): 5:19am On Nov 30, 2022
Fedrams:

“Those ladies actually compromise. Somehow someone swap the card from them”

The last sentence from this guy is everything !

This will be very close to what happened to those girls..
They do this technique very well.. Never call strangers to help with ATM USAGE, and when they offer to help, REFUSE..
Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by MufasaLion: 5:57am On Nov 30, 2022
Religion has eaten so deep in some people's brain that they make stupid decisions at their own detriment. This could be the reason the ladies played her; she's gullible.

She should go and ask the church to pay since she's stupid.

Religion is the opium of the poor.
Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by Dshocker(m): 5:58am On Nov 30, 2022
What do you expect, when Christmas is around the corner.

Psychologically, they both planned it, because they were two, and one of them was the person that came up with the idea and the other bought it and played along, since 150k was involved and will go a long way for them this festive period.

150k has no monetary value in Nigeria, but due to the current situation of Nigeria, 150k is a big money... If it were in other parts of Africa, they would have sent bees, through the help of a native doctor to everyone involved, and they will all come back begging, with swamps of bees all over them, stinging them.
Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by MufasaLion: 6:00am On Nov 30, 2022
Dshocker:
What do you expect, when Christmas is around the corner.

Psychologically, they both planned it, because they were two, and one of them was the person that came up with the idea and the other bought it and played along, since 150k was involved and will go a long way for them this festive period.

150k has no monetary value in Nigeria, but due to the current situation of Nigeria, 150k is a big money... If it were in other parts of Africa, they would have sent bees, through the help of a native doctor to everyone involved, and they will all come back begging, with swamps of bees all over them, stinging them.

That bee thing is a trick and anybody can do it.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour's Experience At Access Bank by Dshocker(m): 6:07am On Nov 30, 2022
MufasaLion:

That bee thing is a trick and anybody can do it.

How is it a trick?

And if you claim anyone can do it, please i "ask" how do you, or how can you do it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does The Length Of Your Fingers Say About Your Personality? Take A Look. / Why Do Men Pull Away After Sex / This Thread Is Officially For February Born

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.