Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria (11853 Views)

Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? / Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. / Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by dremoney(m): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2007
What i c here is d poster trying to fool evribody.

She aint from yankee obviously(her grammatical construction shuld giv us an insight).

Whadayathink Nairalanders?
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by dremoney(m): 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2007

She aint from yankee obviously(her grammatical construction shuld giv us an insight).

Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by mamaput(f): 5:11pm On Aug 28, 2007
I do not care about that,
This is just the www. not my life
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2007
dremoney what is a "poster", I'm American, I live in northern California, so I'm not sure what you mean by my grammar not being correct? Should I say something more on the line of "dude!" or maybe "for sure!"?? LOL
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2007
I'd give Michelle the benefit of doubt, and assume she's real.

Untill proven otherwise.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2007
Thank you Siena, although I still don't know what a "poster" is?? grin
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by ebos(m): 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2007
@Poster

you are not real? You registered on 24th of August and posted this thread the following day. It seems your registration was purely because of this thread.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2007
I am real. I have read some of the topics before, but had never thought of signing up and asking any questions. That's why I signed up, so I could ask this question. Is that wrong?? I am new to this.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by Iman3(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2007
dremoney:

Have you heard their President speak?
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2007
LOL Please Oh PLEASE don't judge me by my President, that is not only very ignorant but very judgemental!!! I do not judge or come to conclusions about any people because of tongue
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by mamaput(f): 6:51pm On Aug 28, 2007
Maybe you should not answer any mor questions because nothing usefull will come up again.
every one starts some day to post.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2007
Thanks Mamaput, I have learned quite a bit. Men are men, people are people, so I am hopeful this relationship is real, but I'm not jumping into it blindly or foolishly. I will enjoy my time in Greece, and hopefully get to know him better. Either way, a vacation in Greece would be heavenly, as long as it's not all burned to the ground by then. LOL
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by omoge25(f): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2007
ebos:

@Poster

you are not real? You registered on 24th of August and posted this thread the following day. It seems your registration was purely because of this thread.

I wonder why people do that, I mean she is not the first and wont be the last. We dont have any influence on what they do, because if you want travel you go travel if not, no yawa.  I mean when i was coming to the US i didnt go on to Blackfolk asking people to tell me about yankee and give me advise on living there.  I dont know why people do that  
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by iyes(m): 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2007
My Advice:

Keep your ears to the ground, but don't believe anything you hear
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by tnaidaR(f): 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2007
That's enough guys. We've said all we thought was necessary. You can force a horse to the river but you can't force it to drink water.Chill guys!

Michele, suit youself. Best wishes!
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2007
I asked because I don't know to many people who are from Nigeria. That's why. If I was moving to Italy, I would ask Italians, and if I were moving to America, I would ask someone from the state/city where I am moving to. Every city is different, and every state is different. I would not move to a southern state in the US because my daughter is mixed and she would be looked down upon. I would not knowingly move somewhere where they would treat her like that. As a parent, it is my responsibility to find out. Especially in this day and age, where you have forums like this, and the internet, there is no excuse for ignorance.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by April22(f): 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2007
I forgot to mention before I'm an African-American woman married to a Nigerian man in the U.S.

Has anyone seen the news? Greece is in flames right now. Arson is suspected. You may want to reconsider your trip if it's soon.

Other than that, you are more vulnerable than you think. This man could harm you in so many ways-not to mention your daughter.

Have you sent him any money?
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by mamaput(f): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2007
Its not the whole of greece burning
he sent her money for the trip
and she is not staying with him she booked a place of her own.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2007
Yes, I spoke with him this morning and he said the fires are very bad. It's been so hot there this summer and dry. It is sad that those people lost their lives because someone set those fires. I am praying for them.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by angel101(f): 9:18pm On Aug 28, 2007
Na wa o!!!
thatsall i can say
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by kenflipper(m): 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2007
Hi Michelle, i see u through the shoes you are wearing, pls dont mind wht the many poster they aint seeing from your direction!!!, they would do same if they were in ur shoes. I m sure u know wht u are doing and u will finally be able to tell how much love this guy has for you after spending a month wit him.

I wish u all the best on ur trip and hopes every thing u wish ur self works out good between u both.
Hopefully u will post ur story for an interesting reading when u get back!!!!!!!,
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2007
_ kenflipper_ I definitely will. I just love this, and am meeting some interesting people who are very helpful!! So I appreciate it all. If I didn't want to hear the good and bad, I would only ask people who I knew would tell me what I want to hear. So I appreciate both sides!!
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by omoge(f): 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2007
the good thing is you are not going to stay with him. at least you've book a place/hotel to stay. that's good wink
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by tnaidaR(f): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2007
Not like it makes the whole story appealing.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by PTH(m): 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2007
omoge:

the good thing is you are not going to stay with him. at least you've book a place/hotel to stay. that's good wink

after 5 yrs of phone conversations and lonely nights, you'd think they'd not be able to keep their hands off each other for that 1 month. grin
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by omoge(f): 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2007
PTH cheesy your mind dey roam o grin
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by tnaidaR(f): 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2007
lmao grin
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by PTH(m): 10:07pm On Aug 28, 2007
omoge:

PTH cheesy your mind dey roam o grin

Roaming where? Bodi no be firewood. tongue ordinary 5 weeks some guys are complaining of stomach ache. . .
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by mamaput(f): 10:08pm On Aug 28, 2007
PTH:

after 5 years of phone conversations and lonely nights, you'd think they'd not be able to keep their hands off each other for that 1 month. grin

sooo but thats not what its all about.She is not dependent on him.
if she cant stand him then she can still have something out of her trip Greece is a fine place.Whats left of it,
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by PTH(m): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2007
mamaput:

sooo but thats not what its all about.She is not dependent on him.
if she can't stand him then she can still have something out of her trip Greece is a fine place.Whats left of it,

she'd better have the guy. . . last ii heard there's very little left of Greece to see unless she's going to help put out bush fires.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 10:29pm On Aug 28, 2007
I'm not going until after Christmas, so I have some time. Hopefully the fires will be out by then, or perhaps he will come here instead?? LOL I have dated men off and on during the last 5 years, as he and I were 'friends'. He was not happy about it, but has remained a faithful friend throughout this. When I moved to Los Angeles and it didn't work out, he took it upon himself to send me money. I did not ask for it, he just sent it. It took me this long to figure out that here I have the man I have prayed for, but have been going for the "jerks" instead. He may still end up being a jerk, but at least I will know, and not be asking myself later in life "what if?"
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by omoge(f): 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2007
send you money from Greece ummm love in the air. sister, he is loaded like PTH good thing  grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D / Did You Have Sex With your Spouse Before Marriage? / Why Do Some Married Men Cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.