Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria (11854 Views)

Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? / Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. / Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by PTH(m): 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2007
Why the fellow hasnt visited the US in 5 yrs is what i'm worried about.

omoge:

send you money from Greece ummm love in the air. sister, he is loaded like PTH good thing grin grin

Amen! grin thanks for the prayer.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2007
I asked him to come, but he doesn't want to really. He said he's afraid to come over. I work for a Christian company and when I first met him, he acted surprised that we pray here. LOL I'm not sure what he has heard, but I have sent him pictures and he thinks it's beautiful.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by tnaidaR(f): 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2007
HisMichele:

LOL I have dated men off and on during the last 5 years, as he and I were 'friends'. He was not happy about it, but has remained a faithful friend throughout this.

hehehehehe grin You never tell a deaf man that there's war. grin
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by tnaidaR(f): 10:53pm On Aug 28, 2007
HisMichele:

I asked him to come, but he doesn't want to really. He said he's afraid to come over.

Getting more juicy. PTH, what ya think? grin
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by mamaput(f): 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2007
OH Man i will advice you to stop here @ H M please.
I can see IT comming
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 11:01pm On Aug 28, 2007
Guess I'm being blonde, what is "it"? undecided
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by PTH(m): 11:01pm On Aug 28, 2007
HisMichele:

I asked him to come, but he doesn't want to really. He said he's afraid to come over. I work for a Christian company and when I first met him, he acted surprised that we pray here. LOL I'm not sure what he has heard, but I have sent him pictures and he thinks it's beautiful.

My fraud-o-meter is already reading 97%. You better run, even 5yr old Nigerians know and refer to the USA as God's own country. Only a deaf, dumb and blind Nigerian is unaware that majority of Nigerian churches are affiliated to US churches so how can he claim to be surprised that you pray?

Why is he afraid to come to the US? Could it be because he is illegal in Greece and thus cannot procure a US visa?

He thinks the US is beautiful? LMAO! We see the US everyday on TV, the average 10yr old Nigerian cann confidently reel off at least 20 cities in the US even when he does not remember the name of his own president!

I will make better use of that money with which you intend to travel to Greece my dear.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by tnaidaR(f): 11:05pm On Aug 28, 2007
Rofl grin grin grin
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 11:14pm On Aug 28, 2007
I have lived on both coasts of our country, and people in Philadelphia and New York are afraid to come to California due to earthquakes. And they are from here!! They only think California is Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco, I live in the rural mountains and have only felt 2 earthquakes and that was after I was already 27 years old. So that may not have anything to do with him being a fraud. He has his passport and work visa in Greece, I already know that. I sent him a birthday present and he had to go pick it up with his passport. Whether that means he's legal or illegal, it really doesn't matter to me. I live in California, we have so many illegal immigrants it's not funny, but they are just people trying to live. My daughters biological sperm donor won't come from the east coast to the west coast to meet his own daughter out of fear, so traveling across the ocean is bit farther. But I have always told him I'd come there,
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by mamaput(f): 11:14pm On Aug 28, 2007
Why is he afraid to come to the US? Could it be because he is illegal in Greece and thus cannot procure a US visa?

Has out stayed his welcome, or better said dose not have a permant residence permitt.
We all know that all embassies have tightened securities.
But its all assumsions
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by Iman3(m): 11:21pm On Aug 28, 2007
HisMichele:

I have lived on both coasts of our country, and people in Philadelphia and New York are afraid to come to California due to earthquakes. And they are from here!! They only think California is Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco, I live in the rural mountains and have only felt 2 earthquakes and that was after I was already 27 years old. So that may not have anything to do with him being a fraud. He has his passport and work visa in Greece, I already know that. I sent him a birthday present and he had to go pick it up with his passport. Whether that means he's legal or illegal, it really doesn't matter to me. I live in California, we have so many illegal immigrants it's not funny, but they are just people trying to live. My daughters biological sperm donor won't come from the east coast to the west coast to meet his own daughter out of fear, so traveling across the ocean is bit farther. But I have always told him I'd come there,

The triumph of love over reason
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by tnaidaR(f): 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2007
He has "everything" that could be required? Why then is he scared of visiting AMERICA? Visiting, not relocating o! Umm. . something's really fishy here, sorry.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by PTH(m): 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2007
I-man:

The triumph of love over reason

Can we even call this "love"?

Face it Hismichele, if this guy were a legal resident of Greece, by now he should have a greek passport. As an EU citizen all he needs is a flight ticket to the US, what then is he afraid of? He has his passport and visa? what else did you expect him to tell you, that he is illegal?
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2007
That is a long way to travel, and he has his reasons. I would not want to travel to the middle east, but we have clients who say a lot of what the media says does not happen. So who's to say. I am not afraid and he did say he would come out. But I'd rather travel there, I've never been to Europe and would LOVE to go. So that really isn't an issue.

He may be all he says he is, but there are people I know who have been married to the same person for years and don't really "know" them, and the entire relationship was false, if we live in fear, we might as well be dead. I'm not moving there yet, just visiting. And I've moved and lost it all before, to find out later that what you lose financially can always be rebuilt. So if he has lied and is not who he appears to be, then I'm out a couple grand, and I will have some great memories of another country and souvenirs for my friends and family. LOL
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by omoge(f): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2007
songs for lovers  cheesy

lovu nwantintin, lovu nwantintin, lovu nwantintin, humming and whistling lovu nwantintin.

Nairalanders, mama eeee, papa eeeee, make una no by force me to leave anybody, if una by force me ooo mama eeeee. i no go live in peace oooo,  everyday na so so thinking, everyday na so so miss him, miss him for here. na my choice, anything e be ooo na my choice, whether na lame man o na my choice, whether na poor man, na my choice ooo na my choice ooo na my choice ooo na my choice, anything e be oooo na my choice,

follow your heart dear michele  wink
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by PTH(m): 11:45pm On Aug 28, 2007
hismichele is the quintesential example of love being blind.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 12:12am On Aug 29, 2007
I'd rather be blind than think I "see all" and be bitter and serious and no fun and die a shriveled up prune. LOL And I have no false unrealistic ideas, I'm going to meet him and go from there. Now if I went and married him while I was there, that would be foolish. Or if I sold everything and moved there first before meeting him. Heck, he may think I'm awful and spoiled and want nothing to do with me once we meet, LOL Even though I'm quite wonderful, grin
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:15am On Aug 29, 2007
Hmmm. I predict disappointment and lots of pain.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 12:27am On Aug 29, 2007
Hardly, like I said, I'm no school girl. I am a single mom whose daughters biological father doesn't care enough to come meet her. That is heart break. Not having a relationship work, it is sad, but I'm not going to build all my hopes and dreams around a "maybe" , if things work out, PRAISE GOD, if not, we will remain friends.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by VULCAN(m): 12:43am On Aug 29, 2007
@HIS MICHELE

I think you are such a wonderful person and regardless of what anyone says pls go and see him. Normal precautions should apply.

I am so disappointed reading the comments of most of these posters. I am 34, living in Nigeria and have lived in The UK and for the first time in my life I am so ashamed to be a Nigerian.

Fellow Nigerians are giving you negative advise on him not 'cos he is a man and may be an axe murderer but because he is A Nigerian of Igbo extraction.

That is what Jesus meant when he said 'A house divided against itself will not stand.' I dont think this is the generation that will restore Nigeria's greatness. There will arise a generation that looks at the Good in Nigeria and celebrates it far above the bad. They rape a woman in South Africa every few minutes but South Africans are respected all over the world because they believe in their fatherland and each other.

HIS MICHELE pls note that most of these negative minded people do not know that Life is meant to be an adventure. Most of them are stuck in routine jobs, living from day to day, just existing not doing anything that will leave a mark for posterity.

Pls go on your adventure. Recognise the dangers and prepare but do it cos you will live a life of regret if you dont. Every One was born to take one adventure in life but since most have silenced that voice they will not want another to go on theirs.

Every single great man and woman of history took a step that had the potential to destroy them but they went ahead regardless.

Pls follow their footsteps.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by HisMichele(f): 12:59am On Aug 29, 2007
Vulcan, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

I hope you all have a great evening. I am off for the night. I look forward to chatting tomorrow. And Vulcan is right, a house divided cannot stand, and the forces that be do not care if Africa falls apart as a nation, and they don't care if the separate countries wage war and kill each other. You are all such beautiful people, don't let ANYONE tear you apart.

Good Night and God bless!!
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by tnaidaR(f): 1:35am On Aug 29, 2007
HisMichele:

I'd rather be blind than think I "see all" And I have no false unrealistic ideas. Now if I went and married him while I was there, that would be foolish.

Umm. . you're not far from getting married if I may say so. Basically, according to your first post you've both decided to get married and "you can't wait". You're excited about seeing his mom and family. Oh well, what's left to tell us? That you may change your mind when you get to Greece?

You said you've been in many relationships but none worked out. Even got married but it failed. I'm worried about your persona. Seems you can't make up your mind on one man 'cause even while you were just "friends" with this man you still dated several men. You said so, remember?

If you can't cope with the men around you, what makes you think you've found the right man and he'll marry you because he "loves" you so much? I agree you're 37 but that don't make you smart. You've been with a black man obviously(or your daughter is a mixture of what?) and probably white men as well. That is, you've seen them 'all' and yet none worked out. What exactly is the problem here?

The issue of "a house divided against itself cannot stand" is not an appropriate clause to be used here. We are Nigerians and therefore know what Nigerians are capable of doing in and out of Nigeria. It's a daily issue. Especially the people who live in Europe. In the country where I am, a Nigerian was jailed 2 years ago for drug trafficking.He was labelled the ringleader of the drug barons in my country. Greece, Italy, Holland, Spain, Germany, Austria, Turkey are countries I hear everyday and the stories are almost always the same. Drug trafficking!!!

However, it may not be his case but he's definitely up to something. I mean, why should he be scared of going to America? Only "business men" in Europe don't like America. Yankee tight!

Something in me tells me you just want to hang on a man
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by PTH(m): 1:39am On Aug 29, 2007
Something tells me hismichele is white and she's fat.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by tnaidaR(f): 1:45am On Aug 29, 2007
A post of hers suggested such a look. lmao
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 2:25am On Aug 29, 2007
And what's wrong with being white and fat?
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by tnaidaR(f): 2:27am On Aug 29, 2007
Ndipe, just leave that issue.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by PTH(m): 2:33am On Aug 29, 2007
Ndipe:

And what's wrong with being white and fat?

they hang on to just about any available black jerk for dear life since their white brothers wont touch them with a 10ft pole.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 2:39am On Aug 29, 2007
Very insensitive remark@Pth. If that is what rocks the girl's boat, then so be it. She asked for our advice, and we told her to leap before jumping. Apparently, she has made up her mind in visiting the guy. Nothing we can do to change it. Labelling her fat and suggesting that she is desperate is a callous remark
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by tnaidaR(f): 2:46am On Aug 29, 2007
How people tend to wear the white veil when they obviously have the real mask underneath.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by PTH(m): 2:49am On Aug 29, 2007
Ndipe:

Very insensitive remark@Pth. If that is what rocks the girl's boat, then so be it. She asked for our advice, and we told her to leap before jumping. Apparently, she has made up her mind in visiting the guy. Nothing we can do to change it. Labelling her fat and suggesting that she is desperate is a callous remark

I understand your sentiments but i do not have any regrets making that remark. It is largely true. White people make insensitive remarks about us everyday, i do not see you jump to our defence.
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 2:50am On Aug 29, 2007
And what makes you think that I dont defend blacks against racist whites?
Re: Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria by PTH(m): 2:59am On Aug 29, 2007
whatever rocks your boat defender of the universe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D / Did You Have Sex With your Spouse Before Marriage? / Why Do Some Married Men Cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.