Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup (50430 Views)

Messi, Maguire & Ramos In Europe‘s Worst Team Of The Season / 22 Goals & 11 Assists! Ronaldo Named Serie A Most Valuable Player Of 2018/19 / Super Eagles Rated Third Worst Team At The World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ade1177:

I love Ronaldo and Messi

But if Ronaldo scores 1 penalty let alone 5

People call him penaldo because he knows how to score it

Messi won the world Cup, great but he was obviously favoured which is normal
If Ronaldo was also humble and not against everyone

Fifa would favour him too
But he has so many enemies while Messi is being carried by the officials. I watch all their awards when Messi gets it the happiness in those fifa officials can't be hidden

Ronaldo doesn't get that much from them
Just his Enormous fans making it explode

Truth
But football wise Messi is better than Ronaldo
But beating the odds when everyone is against you
Ronaldo has done that for 15yrs

So massive respect

No one was against Ronaldo. It was his ego and toxicity that led to him having so many who disliked him in the football world. I remember a time in football when no one cares who takes penalties as long as they scored. Penaldo was the one who started the fight for the right to take penalties all because he wanted to outscore everyone and be world best.
I also remember how he took over freekick duties for his teams even when stats and records show he was not such an excellent freekick taker. All in the chase for personal glory at the expense of the team.
Penaldo is a toxic footballer who is only happy when he is the centre of attention. Anything outside that and he starts to throw tantrums

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Jokerman(m): 5:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
Lionel Messi has been elected the #BBCSPOTY World Sport Star or the Year. He is only the fifth footballer to win in the 63-year history of the award after Eusébio (1966), Pelé (1970), Ronaldo (2002) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2012) https://bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/64027088

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
hensben:
So na likeness give Messi World Cup that France almost won at closing time. Ronaldo brought the hate upon himself by consistently shading Messi with his family, he couldn’t hide his hate by commenting on a post criticizing Messi.

There was even a time that Messi had more BD than Pendu and Pendu had more golden boots. Pendu granted an interview and said having more golden boots (NOTE: he had more then than Messi) is better than having the BD.

Now, Messi has more Golden Boots and even more BD than Pendu grin

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by benqo01(m): 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
LEAVE RONALDO ALONE,HE HIS STILL MY GOAT ANYDAY AND ANYTIME
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
Jokerman:
Lionel Messi has been elected the #BBCSPOTY World Sport Star or the Year. He is only the fifth footballer to win in the 63-year history of the award after Eusébio (1966), Pelé (1970), Ronaldo (2002) and Cristiano Ronaldo (2012) https://bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/64027088

Thanks for reporting Jokerman.

Meanwhile have you seen this picture of Messi sleeping with the World Cup trophy? Have a look.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Harrytimbog(m): 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
Make Ronaldo’s people rest nah. CR7 na Legend n one of the greatest but this hate against Messi will hurt forever if they keep finding excuses n whining cos there is no coming back on this one. Kill your emotions and keep enjoying the beautiful game or keep ranting n getting smoked out by Messi fans with Messi’s achievements. Choose wisely. BTW Ronaldo is one of the greatest too. Make his fans rest. Messi fans had their own share of dragging in 2016 n heavens did not fall. Now more good things don happen to Messi n it won’t change. Choose wisely or keep getting dragged for ages. To dey put too much emotions on things n end up losing is tiring already. And if na to dey collect wotowoto u like, keep whining. Enough smoke dey this kitchen to get u knocked off for life

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Kentuforchrist(m): 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kingcalls:

U are nothing but a bonified fool...only poor people think like u....

Trying so hard to defend your penaldo

Lol u will end up getting depressed laslas

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

Ronaldo won the Euros and the UEFA Nations League with Portugal as Messi won the Copa America and World Cup with Argentina. So it's actually 2 - 2 in international football success. But of course we'll argue that World Cup is now bigger than all the trophies. Na una make Messi talk say e no wan retire perhaps to add one more Copa America to make it 2 - 3.

Make una leave this CR7 and Messi matter. They will always be mentioned in the same breath till eternity. And better, they both respect and highly regard each other.

Finally this worse team is based on APPEARANCES. World Cup winner Lautaro Martinez is in it.

Nations League is not an international trophy. It's a local trophy. No other continent plays such. Score is 2-1

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Jokerman(m): 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Thanks for reporting Jokerman.

Meanwhile have you seen this picture of Messi sleeping with the World Cup trophy? Have a look.

By 2026, we are winning ours. Don't worry. The only trophy that remains.... grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2022
Jokerman:

By 2026, we are winning ours. Don't worry. The only trophy that remains.... grin

How Pendu wan take enter America like this? grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by waice6571: 5:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Here’s a pic of the GOAT drinking your salty tears bro

Arindin, Akindanidani....
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Harrytimbog(m): 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2022
Who is the only player to have won MVP in all football tournaments he has played in for both country and club at least one in the history of football as well as winning each competition at least once? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Nations League is not an international trophy. It's a local trophy. No other continent plays such. Score is 2-1

It is not an international trophy. It is a local trophy shaa played in Europe, abi? Okay. It is played by and won by whom? Club or country? Haba na!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
one The criteria for making world cup documentary and hall of fame is to win the world cup.

Ronaldo na local European Asun

But you cannot delete his name from history nor his achievements. Whether he is a small or big GOAT.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

It is not an international trophy. It is a local trophy shaa played in Europe, abi? Okay. It is played by and won by whom? Club or country? Haba na!
1 world cup is like 10 of it.

Even Felissima trophy is bigger than nation league

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
paradigmshift:
Martinez na player that trash n dirty...don't compare ur useless nations league to world cup... Cry me a river or hug transformer

But before the WC, Copa America was okay to shove in CR7's face shaa. Una hypocrisy eh.....
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by hensben(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

There was even a time that Messi had more BD than Pendu and Pendu had more golden boots. Pendu granted an interview and said having more golden boots (NOTE: he had more then than Messi) is better than having the BD.

Now, Messi has more Golden Boots and even more BD than Pendu grin
The guy was toxic and egocentric, same character is humbling him now.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Princebest(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
Anyhow you twist it.....

FIFA refused to push the team forward....

Cameroon trashed Argentina......Argentina team wasn't that good..... Morocco played even better....

But FIFA decided to work their things to change and made Messi to get this cup just to end the argument that CR7 is better than Messi....

But CR7 is still the best of all times and the greatest footballer of our time....

Lol. You are kidding right?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
1 world cup is like 10 of it.

Even Felissima trophy is bigger than nation league

I hear. It's still an international cup won by a country. I'd advise you to go check the Wikipedia article on players. Go to HONOURS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
waice6571:

Arindin, Akindanidani....

Your father is Arindin. Your mother is Akindanidani

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

But you cannot delete his name from history nor his achievements. Whether he is a small or big GOAT.
I am not saying that Ronaldo is not a great player.

I am saying that he's not in the league of Pele, Maradona and Messi. This has been settled.

Ronaldo just like Delima, Gerd muller, Zidane and Cryuff who are in his league will always be remembered.

I know this pill is so bitter to swallow but you go to do it. No world, no one wk regadd you a GOAT in the next 20years from now
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
Harrytimbog:
Who is the only player to have won MVP in all football tournaments he has played in for both country and club at least one in the history of football as well as winning each competition at least once? cheesy

Not Pendu.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
Still 1 world cup = 5 ucls

You can cry all you want

Oga please shift that cry matter. Wetin concern me with two men far richer than you or me. I no dey carry this kain matter for head. We're exchanging views, so let's be civil, abeg.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

I hear. It's still an international cup won by a country. I'd advise you to go check the Wikipedia article on players. Go to HONOURS
It is but outside of Europe, e no get levels.

Felissima get levels pass am

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by AImiron: 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kingcalls:

U still dare to call Ronaldo penaldo....doesn't this show that ur brain is not functioning....mention one player in history of football that have played 5 penalties in one tournament... even champions league
wailer spotted, shame no dey catch you at all. Even your fav no get shame too, mention one player that scored 2 penalties in a world cup final, in the history of world cup. I'll make you deactivate laslas .. you're in for a long ride, e don tey wey I don mark you, in fact na you be second on the list.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
hensben:
The guy was toxic and egocentric, same character is humbling him now.

His fan boys are just a reflection of him lol
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
[quote author=Pinterest post=119300338][/quote]

Can you share the link pls
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

Oga please shift that cry matter. Wetin concern me with two men far richer than you or me. I no dey carry this kain matter for head. We're exchanging views, so let's be civil, abeg.
I know deep down, you are pained.

Stop taking it personal, Messi is greater than Ronaldo. The world cup is the difference, accepting this fact doesn't mean that you will not live a normal life

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Nawttiboi007(m): 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2022
Messi no rule all through him active years if not dem for no frustrate or force am be4 him commot go PSG.. CR7 explores and him face still show... oya make Messi go England go prove himself na
Workch:
I no fit walk in his shoes, same way he cannot walk in Messi's shoes. Oga get Oga
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
I am not saying that Ronaldo is not a great player.

I am saying that he's not in the league of Pele, Maradona and Messi. This has been settled.

Ronaldo just like Delima, Gerd muller, Zidane and Cryuff who are in his league will always be remembered.

I know this pill is so bitter to swallow but you go to do it. No world, no one wk regadd you a GOAT in the next 20years from now

Why? Have you heard of Eusebio, the Black Panther. I swear una no dey follow sports. You even called Cryuff but didn't mention Eusebio of Portugal.

CR7 is not the league of greats. How can you say this with a straight face in the face of his footballing achievements which drowns those you mentioned. Cryuff never even won an international trophy for crying out loud
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
Nawttiboi007:
Messi no rule all through him active years of not dem for no frustrate am be4 him commot go PSG
But world cup and 8 Ballon dor in ronaldo's Era?

Future footballer lovers will look at the records and never doubt that Mess was better. The records will speak
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Can you share the link pls

Which link please? I don’t know the post you quoted but if it’s the Wikipedia own.

I think the topic is Messi and Ronaldo rivalry or Ronaldo and Messi rivalry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Lady Who Was Lashed For Wearing Fake Nigeria Jersey Acquires The Original / Photos Of New CAF President Ahmed Ahmed Rejoicing After His Victory / Lagos Female Street Boxer Beats A Male Boxer In Training (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.