Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,400 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup (50431 Views)

Messi, Maguire & Ramos In Europe‘s Worst Team Of The Season / 22 Goals & 11 Assists! Ronaldo Named Serie A Most Valuable Player Of 2018/19 / Super Eagles Rated Third Worst Team At The World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
I know deep down, you are pained.

Stop taking it personal, Messi is greater than Ronaldo. The world cup is the difference, accepting this fact doesn't mean that you will not live a normal life

Oga I am not pained. I am being objective and I expect you to do the same. If you won't, no wahala. I won't reply you again. Quit the shithousery man.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

Why? Have you heard of Eusebio, the Black Panther. I swear una no dey follow sports. You even called Cryuff but didn't mention Eusebio of Portugal.

CR7 is not the league of greats. How can you say this with a straight face in the face of his footballing achievements which drowns those you mentioned. Cryuff never even won an international trophy for crying out loud
you cannot be in Pele, Maradona and Messi's level without a world cup.

It's as simple as that, you will be forced to accept reality or you will keep burning in pain

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Lukuluku69(m): 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Bro, my teams have suffered most from Messi’s hand since 2005 U-20 WorldCup.

I’m a Nigerian, so I’ll automatically support Nigerian football teams. U-20 final loss, Olympics gold medal loss to Argentina. What of the number of times they’ve defeated the senior team at the WC.

I’m also an Arsenal fan and you know how much Messi have disgraced us in the CL then grin.

Even at that, I’ve never hated Messi because I recognise greatness.

I don’t want to start listing Messi’s qualities mheeeen.

You can like a player over another, it’s allowed. We all have choices. But how can someone watch Messi play and think someone else is better. Chai!! grin

Lol.

That makes two of us.

I am Nigerian, I support Arsenal (since 1993/1994).

Walahi Messi don do us shege.

2005 Under 20, The Olympics Gold Medal Match, Three Defeats at the World Cup by Messi's Argentina ( Two by Messi)

Then Arsenal UCL defeat! That one still hurts! And the various gba gbos that followed in the UCL knockouts stages? Unforgivable...

It is true Messi hurt "us" more but United have hurt Arsenal Fans too! Many dodgy Referring decisions and seemingly "arrogant posture of Ronaldo and the fact that Most Man United fans see him as a footballing god tilled the scale against him for most of us Sha.

I adore the two but deep inside me, when I am forced to choose just ONE Player, it is Lionel Olanbiwoninu Irekanmi Al-Mustapha Messi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
Nawttiboi007:
Messi no rule all through him active years if not dem for no frustrate or force am be4 him commot go PSG.. CR7 explores and him face still show... oya make Messi go England go prove himself na

Make Ronaldo prove himself for WC.

Even if Messi wan go EPL, your club fit afford him wages?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

Oga I am not pained. I am being objective and I expect you to do the same. If you won't, no wahala. I won't reply you again. Quit the shithousery man.
Objectivity is knowing that Ronaldo needs a world cup trophy to be in the level of Pele, Messi and Maradona.

It's not very hard to rationalize

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:

On an individual basis, how is Messi better than Ronaldo. Prove it please

Here lies your answer

Fifa would favour him too
But he has so many enemies while Messi is being carried by the officials. I watch all their awards when Messi gets it the happiness in those fifa officials can't be hidden
Messi dribbles more, creates more assists and distributes the ball better. Messi can play as a central midfielder, attacking midfielder, right winger, left winger while Ronaldo can only play as a forward and a left winger.

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Nawttiboi007(m): 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
Not be the World Cup wey the whole world watch if no be penalty luck chances?... who shine pass for that match?.. all hail young Mbappé the beginning of a new era
Workch:
But world cup and 8 Ballon dor in ronaldo's Era?

Future footballer lovers will look at the records and never doubt that Mess was better. The records will speak
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

Which link please? I don’t know the post you quoted but if it’s the Wikipedia own.

I think the topic is Messi and Ronaldo rivalry or Ronaldo and Messi rivalry.

Yeah. It's the Wikipedia own. Share the link `
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2022
Nawttiboi007:
Not be the World Cup wey the whole world watch if no be penalty luck chances?... who shine pass for that match?.. all hail young Mbappé the beginning of a new era
all these ones na story.

Nobody go reason all these jargons 20 years from now.

Who got the world cup, final Answer.

Story Don end, Messi was better for that reason
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

It is not an international trophy. It is a local trophy shaa played in Europe, abi? Okay. It is played by and won by whom? Club or country? Haba na!

It's a local trophy. It's just like carling cup in England. Winning carling cup is not recognized as a double or treble
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Nawttiboi007(m): 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2022
Check out the standards of the players wey Argentina get compared to Portugal na olodo..
Pinterest:

Make Ronaldo prove himself for WC.

Even if Messi wan go EPL, your club fit afford him wages?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Masterviolence(m): 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
ThierryJay:

This thing called Karma ehn, hmm make I just siddon and appreciate.

Imagine them now begging for peace lol
There shall be no peace
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:

Na so una carry Ronaldo Award give Modric, Ronaldo Haters. Make una rest abeg. Ronaldo represents for us, goal getters who fight against obstcales and trust hard work, which in itself isn't a bad thing. Than some people who's dependency is on likeness of officials.

How was it Ronaldo award? What did he do to deserve it. He left the team that won the trophy and you expect him to still get the award? You guys are funny
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
It is but outside of Europe, e no get levels.

Felissima get levels pass am

I understand your argument as levels go, but its like saying the Ballon D'Or winning George Weah was no great simply because he never won the World Cup. He never even went. Some players will never have the honour not because they are not good but because of their country's pedigree in football. Just look at Belgium. So De Bryune falls short of greatness because of his country's poor pedigree, abi?

On a team note, Messi always had more chances of winning the WC than Portugal. They are a WC traditional team. And I believe that is why CR7 just concentrated on individual honours till he won the 2 international trophies. Still una no let am drink water.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Nawttiboi007(m): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ronaldo is a living legend like it or love it
Workch:
all these ones na story.

Nobody go reason all these jargons 20 years from now.

Who got the world cup, final Answer.

Story Don end, Messi was better for that reason
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

It's a local trophy. It's just like carling cup in England. Winning carling cup is not recognized as a double or treble

Haaaaaaaaa!!!!! Bros fear God na!
Aside this Messi v. CR7 try to fear God grin grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Lol.

That makes two of us.

I am Nigerian, I support Arsenal (since 1993/1994).

Walahi Messi don do us shege.

2005 Under 20, The Olympics Gold Medal Match, Three Defeats at the World Cup by Messi's Argentina ( Two by Messi)

Then Arsenal UCL defeat! That one still hurts! And the various gba gbos that followed in the UCL knockouts stages? Unforgivable...

It is true Messi hurt "us" more but United have hurt Arsenal Fans too! Many dodgy Referring decisions and seemingly "arrogant posture of Ronaldo and the fact that Most Man United fans see him as a footballing god tilled the scale against him for most of us Sha.

I adore the two but deep inside me, when I am forced to choose just ONE Player, it is Lionel Olanbiwoninu Irekanmi Al-Mustapha Messi.

I don see my people. At least, no be only me suffer from that Argentine Dwarf hand grin.

This name wey you give Messi come be like say na from one small town in Ilorin Messi papa come from grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
Nawttiboi007:
Ronaldo is a living legend like it or love it
no doubt he's a legend but he's not in the category of Messi, Pele and Maradona.
World cup is very key, very important.

People will always place him bow these 3. Just wait a while when experts start analyzing this issues

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
you cannot be in Pele, Maradona and Messi's level without a world cup.

It's as simple as that, you will be forced to accept reality or you will keep burning in pain

Your opinion. But you shaa mentioned Cryuff. Why? grin cheesy grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

I understand your argument as levels go, but its like saying the Ballon D'Or winning George Weah was no great simply because he never won the World Cup. He never even went. Some players will never have the honour not because they are not good but because of their country's pedigree in football. Just look at Belgium. So De Bryune falls short of greatness because of his country's poor pedigree, abi?

On a team note, Messi always had more chances of winning the WC than Portugal. They are a WC traditional team. And I believe that is why CR7 just concentrated on individual honours till he won the 2 international trophies. Still una no let am drink water.
Even if this world cup is Messi's only international trophy, it automatically cancles out whatever Ronaldo won in Europe for his country.

World cup is ultimate

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

Haaaaaaaaa!!!!! Bros fear God na!
Aside this Messi v. CR7 try to fear God grin grin grin

But it's the truth na grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Workch: 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

Your opinion. But you shaa mentioned Cryuff. Why? grin cheesy grin
it's not an opinion, it's fact.

No world cup, no GOAT debate

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by paradigmshift(m): 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

But before the WC, Copa America was okay to shove in CR7's face shaa. Una hypocrisy eh.....
u re d hypocrite here cos y'all acused him not winning Copa America because Ronaldo won euros , he won Copa and worldcup, how una feel now... E pain Dem

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Lukuluku69(m): 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2022
Pinterest:

I don see my people. At least, no be only me suffer from that Argentine Dwarf hand grin.

This name wey you give Messi come be like say na from one small town in Ilorin Messi papa come from grin

Na so o.

What I like about Messi winning the World Cup if it had happened the other way, I honestly believe he will retire. The guy is that kind of person.

The trolling and hounding is just too much. And that is understandably because the loud Media is in Europe where CR7 comes from.

And I want CR7 to win it too but will time allow him? He is an awesome player too. It is a shame he came in the era of that Dwarf from Rosario.

In another time another era CR7 is a worthy G.O.A.T. unfortunately he came up against Messi. And he (CR7) definitely bigged himself up to a fault.. his fans also contributes to people hating on him.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2022
paradigmshift:
u re d hypocrite here cos y'all acused him not winning Copa America because Ronaldo won euros , he won Copa and worldcup, how una feel now... E pain Dem

Please oga. I'm not part of una rival nonsense. Abeg. Even at club level. It's a waste of time and energy. Joor.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
it's not an opinion, it's fact.

No world cup, no GOAT debate

Okay
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

But it's the truth na grin grin

How? My kidney don shift since you talk this thing o.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2022
Nawttiboi007:
Check out the standards of the players wey Argentina get compared to Portugal na olodo..

You are the dummy in this case. I’ve always known Pendu fan boys like you don’t have sense so I’ll let it slide and school you.

The Portuguese team have one of the most talented crop of players excelling for their clubs at the World Cup, even when they play together in their National team, you can easily tell that they are a quality team ( especially when Pendu is on the bench). In contrast, some key players of the Argentine team, especially those that won the Copa America were injured and didn’t make the squad list: players like Aguero, Lo Celso and the likes.

Scaloni won the World Cup with players like Enzo Fernandez (who didn’t even play in the qualifiers at all), Mac Allister (the Brighton player who wouldn’t have started at the WC if Celso was fit), players like Foyth and the likes.

If you really watch Argentina matches (I don’t expect a dumb pendu fan to watch live matches anyway, they’re always watching on Nairaland), you’d know that Argentina weren’t even at their best in this competition and they starting gelling towards the later part of the Competition, even at that they made a lot of mistakes.

In terms of talent and potential, if a football fan were to list a combine first IX from both teams before the WC, Portugal will have more players than Argentina. But I don’t expect someone like you to know that. You can defend Pendu’s failure at the WC without sounding stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Mitsurugi(m): 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2022
Workch:
Even if this world cup is Messi's only international trophy, it automatically cancles out whatever Ronaldo won in Europe for his country.

World cup is ultimate

So why do you watch the other competitions? You wey follow curse Nigeria too for not winning AFCON. Anyway I'm glad this tiring Messi/CR7 nonsense is over for una mind, make we finally hear word.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Pinterest: 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Na so o.

What I like about Messi winning the World Cup if it had happened the other way, I honestly believe he will retire. The guy is that kind of person.

The trolling and hounding is just too much. And that is understandably because the loud Media is in Europe where CR7 comes from.

And I want CR7 to win it too but will time allow him? He is an awesome player too. It is a shame he came in the era of that Dwarf from Rosario.

In another time another era CR7 is a worthy G.O.A.T. unfortunately he came up against Messi. And he (CR7) definitely bigged himself up to a fault.. his fans also contributes to people hating on him.

I think Ronaldo has few time left, even if he makes the 2026 Portuguese squad and they go all the way, I don’t think he’ll be influential in the winning other than being a squad player.

I’m judging him based on what he does on the field of player and his current form. He’s had a good career though, a career that many past and present footballl can only dream of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Teeklef(m): 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2022
Nawttiboi007:
Messi no rule all through him active years if not dem for no frustrate or force am be4 him commot go PSG.. CR7 explores and him face still show... oya make Messi go England go prove himself na
Which England? Hope not the one Saka is dominating grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Named In The Worst Team Of The World Cup by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mitsurugi:

How? My kidney don shift since you talk this thing o.

There are local trophies organized by the local football associations for the purpose of development. Nations League is still in that category until it is accepted across other continents and so all countries have a chance to compete for it. Untill then, it is an experimental or developmental trophy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Lady Who Was Lashed For Wearing Fake Nigeria Jersey Acquires The Original / Photos Of New CAF President Ahmed Ahmed Rejoicing After His Victory / Lagos Female Street Boxer Beats A Male Boxer In Training (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.