Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,445 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria (31162 Views)

Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria / Fec Approves Five New Privately Owned Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by dare2think: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2011
Emmyk:

at bolded, obviously, you've been there yourself. I dont have qualms withya, C'mon! Eat your tithe, attahboy. You've leave LONG. cheesy

* You've leave LONG*

undecided

You probably should spend your tithes on a sound education.

Best you go ask for a refund from whatever institution you might have wasted your time in.

"attah boy"
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by idbabe: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2011
@poster, pay ur tithe oo and give offerings. Those items have their rewards. Send ur wards to other schools u can afford, and leave the rest to God. He is the best judge
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2011
idbabe:

@poster, pay your tithe oo and give offerings.  Those items have their rewards.  Send your wards to other schools u can afford, and leave the rest to God.  He is the best judge

Send your charges to some down-by-the-riverside school but pay your tithes to help furnish a citadel of learning that will forever remain out of reach.
Where is the sense in that kind of reasoning? grin

How many other Mosaic covenants bent out of shape by some "M.O.G" or "W.O.G" must one follow sheepishly, to obtain those elusive rewards you speak of?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by musiwa48: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2011
My answer to linda Ikeji. Here is it. You can see churches universities are been finance by Banks and they need to pay off this loan.

I call my first witness , The Queen of England. her royal highest Queen Elizabeth II

I am going to show you the level of hate and discrimination using the universities system, that you people do not want us to success, that you do not wish all well. that you so much hate Yoruba people.

Here is the history of nigeria universities.

Before britian left nigeria was divided into 3 the north, west and east. they were all independent of each other, and they ran their own government.

Before merging the government of the region together, here are the universities in the 3 region.

University in the West government ( majority Yoruba people)

1 Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife

2 University of Benin

3 University of Ibadan

4 University of Lagos

University in the north ( majority hausa/fulani people)

1 Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria

university in the East ( majority Igbo people)

1 University of nigeria

here are universities created after the merger and during a period of 51 years by the Nigeria government,

(please note the technology university do not have faculty of law, medicine, education, social science, art, business etc)

Created after the 3 region in the west ( majority Yoruba people) produce 420,000 student a year

Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State ( 1 REAL UNIVERSITY EVEN IT AS NOT STARTED YET AND AS NO CAMPUS, UNIVERSITY ONLY IN LICENCE)
Fed. Univ. of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (A faculty of Engineering)
University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. (A faculty of agric)
Federal University of Technology, Akure (A faculty of Engineering)

Created after the 3 region in the north ( majority hausa/fulani people) produce 150,000 student a year

University of Jos
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
University of Maiduguri
Usuman Danfodiyo University
Nigerian Defence Academy,Kaduna
University of Abuja
University of Ilorin
Bayero University,Kano
Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
Federal University, Keshere, Gombe State
Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
University of Agriculture, Makurdi ( faculty of agric)
Federal University of Technology Yola. (faculty of Engineering)
Federal University of Technology, Minna. (faculty of Engineering)

Created after the 3 region in the East ( majority igbo people) produce 140,000 student a year

University of Calabar
University of Port-Harcourt
University of Uyo
Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
Federal University of Technology, Owerri (faculty of Engineering)
Michael Okpara Uni. of Agric., Umudike (faculty of agric)

does this picture look like you people like us. It shows the whole world , you hate us. love does not do evil and display hate.

Before merge of west with other nigerian , here are the airport in Nigeria

Western region mostly Yoruba people.
lagos
Ibadan
Benin

Northern Region mostly hausa/fulani

Kaduna Old Kaduna
Kano

Eastern region mostly Igbo

Uli

Here are airport built after the merge. So you will notice, there is a problem somewhere.

Western region mostly Yoruba people.

Lagos Murtala Muhammed rebuilt
Akure
Warri

Northern Region mostly hausa/fulani

Abuja
Ajaokuta
Ashaka
Azare
Bacita
Bauchi
Bida
Birnin
Gusau
Ilorin
Jos
Kaduna New Kaduna
Kaltungo
Katsina
Lokoja
Maiduguri
Mambilla
Miango
Minna
Mubi
Nguru
Odegi
Potiskum
Shiroro
Sokoto
Tuga
Yola
Zaria

Eastern region mostly Igbo

Enugu
Owerri
Port Harcourt
Calabar
Eket

Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by musiwa48: 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2011
Discrimination is the reason.

Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by musiwa48: 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2011
The churches only decided to start universities because the Nigeria govt was discriminating against our people. Which you can see the history. So our people linda ikeji have two option. Either become illiterate , which is the wish of the Nigeria government or the churches leave them illiterate or go to bank to borrow money to build universities to help their people. They pick the second option. it cost about the same as schooling in the USA even while they make less than 3% of what american makes. People sell their houses ,. cars and everything because nigeria government is made up of evil, wicked people. Most of the people in power are evil and wicked people in the Nigeria govt. They are mostly children of the devil. So they are after their father the devil ways.

At least Ban Kim Moon will now know, I have been telling the truth. Will ban kim moon send his children to live among this people who bomb up people. The world should ask themself.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by musiwa48: 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2011
jonathan goodluck does not believe in justice too. because what a man does is what is his heart. is not what he says. anyone can say anything, but doing evil.

if you see injustice done to some else and you look the other way. linda ikeji, you are a child of the devil.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by musiwa48: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2011
only a fool still believe nigeria will remain. there will be civil war in nigeria. ban kim moon as to know that. nigeria history say so. 100% sure. ban kim moon as to ask himself if he want to suppose good or be on the side of evil.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Sike(m): 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2011
Mobsync:

You are poor, you pay tithe and the pastor gets expensive 3 piece suits, italian shoes, permed hair, private jet(oyedepo has 3 or 4), bodyguards, expensive bullet proof jeeps and You get what? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided>>>SIgNs OUt<<<
Abeg Come back now. . Hey! D guy don vex.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2011
@Musiwa

The churches only decided to start universities because the Nigeria govt was discriminating against our people.   Which you can see the history. So our people linda ikeji have two option. Either become illiterate , which is the wish of the Nigeria government or the churches leave them illiterate or go to bank to borrow money to build universities to help their people.  They pick the second option. it cost about the same as schooling in the USA even while they make less than 3% of what american makes. People sell their houses ,. cars and everything because nigeria government is made up of evil, wicked people. Most of the people in power are evil and wicked people in the Nigeria govt. They are mostly children of the devil. So they are after their father the devil ways.

Wait a second. These churches chose prosperity theology (which caters for the interests of a select few), in a manner not to dissimilar from the government at the receiving end of your vituperation, over liberation theology.
That is the point!

Anyone with an objective mind can see the existence of these degree-mills is predicated on the symbiotic relationship between church and state, which reached its zenith, during the Obasanjo era -  so what are you on about?

Soon you would have us believing those thieving pastors from Redeem were stockpiling for a airborne assault on Nigeria's military infrastructure.  angry
Try a new song, please.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2011
Not for [/b]or [b]against tithes .

My question is,how much did those GO's pay when they enjoyed quality education from Presby,Anglican,Baptist and Catholic missionaries ?

Can the fees be justified(quality of education,facilities,take-home pay of lecturers),can the average thither/non-thither afford that  undecided
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Dsage1: 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2011
I pray all d federal&state unis go on strike 4 two years,its den we see d effect of huge fees collected, on der church members,cos i dont think 50% of dem (members)can afford it.I tink any schools establish by d religions body,whose tithe&offering colleted from members is d source of its incom,shud b 4 profit purpose.A school dat collect #650 per session ar definitely makes a huge profit,since der ar som private individual own unis whose major aim is to make profit dat collected less dan dat amount as school fees.Though,i'm a christain but churches shud seek 4 a way to assist poor pple among dem rather dan telling dem d consequenc shud dey refuse to pay der tithe&offering by using some bible verses.Dey shud let pple(members) see d impact of attending d church in d life of der children in term of education etc.They should also stop spending on unnecessary project in d name of ministries expansion.lected less dan dat amount as school fees.Though,i'm a christain but churches shud seek 4 a way to assist poor pple among dem rather dan telling dem d consequenc shud dey refuse to pay der tithe&offering by using some bible verses.Dey shud let pple(members) see d impact of attending d church in d life of der children in term of education etc.They should also stop spending on unnecessary project in d name of ministries expansion.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by DonChimax(m): 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2011
I have no say for the things of God. Let God justify.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by garyarnold(m): 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2011
Malachi 3:7 (KJV)  Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

Colossians 2:14 (KJV)  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Malachi 3 is talking about robbing God for not following God's ORDINANCES.

Those ORDINANCES were nailed to the cross at Calvary.

Christians are not under the Old Testament laws/ordinances.

Galatians 3:13  Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us…

NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE pays the Biblical tithe today.

THE FIRST TITHE
Leviticus 27:30-33 defines this tithe as a tenth of crops and animals in herds and flocks.
Numbers 18 gives the ordinances, or instructions, for this tithe, and commands this tithe be taken to the Levites.
Purpose of this tithe:  to support the Levitical Priesthood.

SECOND TITHE
Deuteronomy 14:22-27: aka The Festival Tithe - a tenth of crops, plus add to that the firstborn animals, and take for the yearly feast.
Purpose of this tithe:  “that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always”

THIRD TITHE
Deuteronomy 14:28-29: aka The Three-Year Tithe aka The Poor Tithe - a tenth of crops, kept at home, and invite the Levites, widows, orphans, stranger to eat.
Purpose of this tithe:  to feed the poor.

Now, tell me.  Which of the above three tithes commanded by God does anyone follow today?

The ONLY people in the Old Testament that were commanded to tithe were those who INHERITED THE PROMISED LAND WITH EVERYTHING ON IT. They got the land, house, animals, crops, etc. ALL FREE AND CLEAR. No mortgage payment or rent to pay. And THEY were commanded to tithe on the crops and animals and take it to the Levites who INHERITED the tithe INSTEAD OF the promised land with everything on it.  No one else tithed.  Wage earners did not tithe.  Jesus did not tithe as a carpenter.  Paul did not tithe as a tent maker.  Peter did not tithe as a fisherman.

Anyone who teaches that tithing is a requirement of God for Christians is a false teacher.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
garyarnold:

Malachi 3:7 (KJV)  Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

Colossians 2:14 (KJV)  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Malachi 3 is talking about robbing God for not following God's ORDINANCES.

Those ORDINANCES were nailed to the cross at Calvary.

Christians are not under the Old Testament laws/ordinances.

Galatians 3:13  Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us…

NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE pays the Biblical tithe today.

THE FIRST TITHE
Leviticus 27:30-33 defines this tithe as a tenth of crops and animals in herds and flocks.
Numbers 18 gives the ordinances, or instructions, for this tithe, and commands this tithe be taken to the Levites.
Purpose of this tithe:  to support the Levitical Priesthood.

SECOND TITHE
Deuteronomy 14:22-27: aka The Festival Tithe - a tenth of crops, plus add to that the firstborn animals, and take for the yearly feast.
Purpose of this tithe:  “that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always”

THIRD TITHE
Deuteronomy 14:28-29: aka The Three-Year Tithe aka The Poor Tithe - a tenth of crops, kept at home, and invite the Levites, widows, orphans, stranger to eat.
Purpose of this tithe:  to feed the poor.

Now, tell me.  Which of the above three tithes commanded by God does anyone follow today?

The ONLY people in the Old Testament that were commanded to tithe were those who INHERITED THE PROMISED LAND WITH EVERYTHING ON IT. They got the land, house, animals, crops, etc. ALL FREE AND CLEAR. No mortgage payment or rent to pay. And THEY were commanded to tithe on the crops and animals and take it to the Levites who INHERITED the tithe INSTEAD OF the promised land with everything on it.  No one else tithed.  Wage earners did not tithe.  Jesus did not tithe as a carpenter.  Paul did not tithe as a tent maker.  Peter did not tithe as a fisherman.

Anyone who teaches that tithing is a requirement of God for Christians is a false teacher.

Are the good people listening?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by musiwa48: 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2011
One problem in Nigeria are church pastors or General overseer or imam. Everytime Jonathan Goodluck come to their church. All they see in Jonathan Goodluck is dollar. They calculate how much they will get from Jonathan Goodluck and ask him to come and sit infront of the church. So that he can pay tithe and offering and not run away with his money. They also make sure they call him out and run special prayer so that he can increase the tithe and offering. Instead of telling him the truth.  

People dont see Patience Goodluck as human being. they see dollar when they see her come to church.

Some of us did not become born again in this churches. we understand the truth of the word of God. If you cant look at Jonathan Goodluck in the eyes and tell him the truth. Who can. If Jonathan Goodluck go kill me, make him come now. I go speak my mind.

Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2011
With all the money collected they cannot produce took picks or produce world class innovations.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2011
@Musiwa,

So when you say "one problem in Nigeria are church pastors or General overseer or imam", can it be inferred that you think these folks are celebrating criminality? grin
Is this a tacit withdrawal from your earlier position vis-à-vis discrimination?

Please make it plain for those of us who are slow on the uptake; are you saying most of these overseers (GOs, Imams and whatnots) should not be mistaken for truthsayers? grin
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by basadenet: 6:25pm On Sep 02, 2011
You have a choice now. you can go to Government or your State University or better still you go to your own University where you will not pay a dime to study. As for tithes, you can give it beggars or less privileged in the society, The truth, do not involve churches in this matter, as everybody or group has every right by law to establish a University.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by richardoz(m): 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
Those who pay do enjoy d benefits of it. If u like dont pay it is ur choice.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by LOLOH: 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2011
LOL and no discount for members grin grin
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by WebSurfer(m): 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2011
dont be decieved
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Sunshinny: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2011
There are lots of good federal and state universities in this country. I know the fees is a bit high, but come to think of it, how will they pay lecturers , professors and other high ranking non academic staff?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2011
Sunshinny:

There are lots of good federal and state universities in this country. I know the fees is a bit high, but come to think of it, how will they pay lecturers , professors and other high ranking non academic staff?

How have they being paying the church workers?I hope you know chrch is big business with different departments.And people are paid monthly and according to their qualification.And that is non profit already ,so its very possible to pay a decent wage to the above mentioned people.And if they pay more there must be out put interms of quality
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2011
olas2u:

With all the money  collected they cannot produce took picks or produce world class innovations.

This is one of the main problems I have with these universities.
Give another 15 years from now and you would probably find captains of industry (CEOs, CIOs, CTOs, etc) whose only claim to fame is being educated as these degree mills, with no vision of how to promote national development.
These captains would have taken the same man-know-man route clueless George Bush took on his way to becoming governor of one of the richest states in America and later the presidency!

We talk about a worldwide recession today and yet downplay the role played by this spendthrift CEO as he squandered the surplus he inherited.
Well I've got news; if care is not taken products of those degree mills will head up all major corporations in Nigeria in another 15 years from now grin
You only need to look at the number of Nigerians who were recently burnt, having being encouraged to buy overvalued bank shares prices by captains of industry with pastoral leanings

To understand the limitless potential of prosperity theology and cronyism as is currently practiced in Nigeria today, refer the current make up of the British cabinet

The coalition of millionaires: 23 of the 29 member of the new cabinet are worth more than £1m,  and the Lib Dems are just as wealthy as the Tories
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/election/article-1280554/The-coalition-millionaires-23-29-member-new-cabinet-worth-1m--Lib-Dems-just-wealthy-Tories.html#ixzz1WonbDh8c

Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Jerie(m): 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2011
1. For those who say tithing is d key to entry into heaven, that is heresy. The Bible says that 'without SALVATION, no man shall see the Lord'.
2. For those who say that the institutions were built with bank loans, i beg to disagree. They were built with 'seed' from their members, prayer patrons and spiritual clients.
Most of the founders of these 'christian' schools attended either a St. John's or St. Paul's or one St. Zephaniah school during their formative years. These schools were built by missionaries, and if they were billed the way they're billing these students, they would be disadvantaged. Thus, they have performed the unbelievable 'miracle' of turning their opportunity to be the misfortune of coming generations.
The quality of education dished out by these degree machines is watery to say the most. I'm a law student of OAU and I meet with the best of these institutions when we go for competitions. With time, it's either they swim or sink. Afterall, the first private secondary school in Nigeria (Oduduwa College 1923) cannot stand up to govt schools that existed before and after that time.
Just my thoughts,
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by musiwa48: 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2011
leave George bush out of it. Nobody will sit back and watch when terror is brought to him.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Cypost: 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2011
As a business man which do I pay first
TAX or TITHE
Just looking for clarification to avoid cheating angry angry
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by dabraska: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2011
if u wanna post something, get ur facts rite. who told u dis poster dat covenant university's sch fees is 640k, blantant lie!!
i finished last yr nd d highest fees (engineering) was 430k.
its increased but its nt up to 600k, how am i sure dat d oda stats r nt wrong?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by phemi01(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2011
It's common sense. But some people will never accept.Religious institutions (Churches) should not own schools at all. If the government schools are not doing well, the churches/mosques should help support the government by financing these schools. After all religious institions are meant to be winning souls for God not exploiting people in the name of God. If any institution is gonna widen the gap between the rich and poor, it shouldn't be the religious institution(church). The rich and poor pay tithes and offering and the church build schools and estates the average church members cannot afford.

Some people will never accept. but it's good to be wise. I wrote an article on this one time and somepne said i was on drugs.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by otokx(m): 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2011
loyoola jesuit secondary school in abuja is 950k, these pastors plus rev fathers and mothers are just thieving criminals whose god is their belly.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by God2man(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2011
Your tithe which is ten percent of whatever come to your hand belong to God. It is a mystery. It does not belong to you. It belongs to God. It is not your money. If you take it and spend it on yourself, it means You are stealing from God. You know, the bitter truth is that nobody steals from God and Go scot free. The bible talks about devourers, accident, armed robber, sickness, death and so on. Tithe is still VALID. Whether you are in old testament or new testament, unless you don't want to be blessed. Tithe is a seed. You plant it into God's work and WAIT, that is, you have to be patient for the seed to germinate, grow and harvest. It takes time. Surely, If you are faithfull, God will surely bless you, not only money but other things as well. Now, on how the money is being used. Ministers of God are the representative of God. I belived they must have sought the face of God on how to use the money. Well, if they steal the money or they used it on themselves. God has not made you the judge. Leave that to God to Judge. God is a mystery. God is God. The "I AM that I AM". Who are you to question God? You see people will always talk, if the church refused to do anything about education, they will say, what are they doing with their money?, now the church is doing something, people are saying, it should be free. God will help us in this country. Do you know how many people in nigeria today that are benefiting from the church, physically, spiritually or otherwise. Without the help of the church assisting widows, orphans, giving out scholarships, visiting prisons, hospital. Infact the church has become a succor to many people in nigeria today. Only GOD KNOWS what would have happened in nigeria now without the church. Please, when you are criticizing the church be constructive, let it be based on facts. God bless you. God2man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Gets An A In Her Project After Using Burna Boy As Her Case Study / Adaeze: UNIPORT Student Found Dead In Her Apartment / Married In School, Single At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.