Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria (31163 Views)

Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria / Fec Approves Five New Privately Owned Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2011
[size=13pt]Acts 8:20
Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money!

Tithes cannot buy the gifts of God. It will only buy the pastors worldly things they want.[/size]
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2011
God2man:

Your tithe which is ten percent of whatever come to your hand belong to God. It is a mystery. It does not belong to you. It belongs to God. It is not your money. If you take it and spend it on yourself, it means You are stealing from God. You know, the bitter truth is that nobody steals from God and Go scot free. The bible talks about devourers, accident, armed robber, sickness, death and so on. Tithe is still VALID. Whether you are in old testament or new testament, unless you don't want to be blessed. Tithe is a seed. You plant it into God's  work and WAIT, that is, you have to be patient for the seed to germinate, grow and harvest. It takes time. Surely, If you are faithfull, God will surely bless you, not only money but other things as well. Now, on how the money is being used. Ministers of God are the representative of God. I belived they must have sought the face of God on how to use the money. Well, if they steal the money or they used it on themselves. God has not made you the judge. Leave that to God to Judge. God is a mystery. God is God. The "I AM that I AM". Who are you to question God?  You see people will always talk, if the church refused to do anything about education, they will say, what are they doing with their money?, now the church is doing something, people are saying, it should be free. God will help us in this country. Do you know how many people in nigeria today that are benefiting from the church, physically, spiritually or otherwise. Without the help of the church assisting widows, orphans, giving out scholarships, visiting prisons, hospital. Infact the church has become a succor to many people in nigeria today. Only GOD KNOWS what would have happened in nigeria now without the church. Please, when you are criticizing the church be constructive, let it be based on facts. God bless you. God2man.

I am done with this thread for today since biblical literalism is now full force.
It will be remiss of me, however, not to share insights gleaned from LetUsReason Ministries (no pun intended here) grin

No other Scripture has had greater mileage than Malachi 3:10 “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven, and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.” Malachi 3 has been greatly misused for God's blessing to come to his people. A closer look of this verse in the context shows that it has nothing to do with wealth or material blessings. We first find this same term used by God back in Genesis 7:11 the windows of heaven were open and rain contributed to the flood, as the fountains of the deep were broken open. In Genesis 8:2 it says the windows of heaven were stopped and the rain from heaven was restrained. Isaiah 24:18 it also mentions the windows from on high; this phrase is consistently used for water. In Genesis it was a judgment. In Malachi 3 it was to be a blessing on their crops. The nation lived by their agriculture (Husbandry) and depended upon the rain. God's blessing had to do with his provision of water; no rain and they would starve. If they did not give God their tithes which was part of the blessing in the Mosaic covenant God would bring a curse on them, the ground would not yield food because he would not allow it to rain.

Prosperity teachers who promote tithing like to point out that Jesus commanded tithing. In the New Testament tithe and tithing are found eight times (Matthew 23:23; Luke 11:42; 18:12; Hebrews 7:5-6,8-9). All of these passages refer to the Old Testament usage under the law. Tithing was still practiced under the law when Jesus was on earth, however, the only time Jesus mentioned the tithe was a rebuke to the religious leaders “But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. In Matthew 23:23 he explains they “have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith.” These you ought to have done” Here Jesus makes it clear that living the life of faith toward God included love toward man and was more necessary than what you give to God; and this was under the law, not grace. Think about what is Jesus addressing? Justice, the Pharisees were unfair in the in dealings with the people, they ripped them off in their sacrifices brought to the temple. Mercy, they had none, everyone had to be as religious (spiritual) as they were

Some teach tithing is the only way the local church is to be supported and tithing to the local church determines a person's spirituality, some have gone as far as to suppose that tithing is a requirement of salvation, if one does not give 10% they are not a true Christian. Some teach from Malachi 3 that you are cursed! What manipulation. I[b]f you want to understand the book of Malachi, read Malachi 4:4, “Remember the Law of Moses…” its not just tithing. If you choose by obligation to submit yourself to even part of the Law of Moses, you are obligated to keep it all[/b]. For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the Law, to perform them” (Galatians 3:10). It is actually the opposite, if you tithe by obligation then you are bound by all the law. Galatians 5:4 explains “Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.”

Our giving is to be voluntary, willing, and cheerful as an offering. As believers we are to be generous by sharing our material possessions with the needy and support Christian ministries (authentic ones). Every Christian should give to the place they are fed by and support the work that is taking place in their own community by the local church they attend. Giving to our church, missionaries, wherever we think the need is greater or where the Holy Spirit may put on our heart. Other offerings would be for ministries they would like to bless in their work. In principle, 10 percent may be a good goal; some may be able to give much more, some less. One should not be made guilty for whatever amount they give; the only requirement in the New Testament is to give cheerfully and willingly (Romans 12:6,8; 2 Corinthians 9:7). Tithing to get out of debt is not the answer for relieving anyone of any money problems; it's not a Biblical practice but a myth started by the prosperity teachers of seed faith. We need to teach responsibility in handling our money. It’s time to give to those who really need the support for God's work.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Jerie(m): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2011
My pastor collects 'God's' money in God's name and buys multiple real estate and jets in his own name. 'How many times did Jesus Christ collect tithes? When Jesus even collected bread and fish from d kid, it was immediately distributed to feed the multitude. The Bible is God's word, but some people have interpreted it for their own selfish ends. That's why pastors buy bullet-proof SUVs and move around with a retinue of armed policemen and bodyguards. How many colts did Jesus have? How many swords? When he taught in the synagogue, how much did he receive as 'appreciation'? I'm are not saying they should live spartan lives, but living like pontius pilate with the people's tithes? It's not christ-like.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by garyarnold(m): 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2011
Your tithe which is ten percent of whatever come to your hand belong to God.

Give SCRIPTURE instead of your foolishness. The Biblical tithe was NEVER on anyone's income, and it was NEVER money, even though the Temple Tax (tribute in KJV) HAD to be paid with money.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2011
Its surprising how Nigerians have this funny belief that whatever is "not affordable to the common man" is bad! This is as a result of entitlement mentality ingrained in our psyche. We complain that no Nigeria university is in the top 15 in Africa and yet still complain that the fees they charge (which is too low) is too high. Which is it?

Have anyone bothered to find out how much universities abroad charge? Going to public university [/b]in Ghana alone will cost you at least 2 million naira per annum and Nigerians are going there in droves without complaining. We have [b]private universities in Nigeria charging a fraction of that and Nigerians are up in arms

Nigerians are hypocritical to prefer to pay through their nose for foreign education while they condemn local alternatives that don't even cost as much. They will riot over ten thousand naira school fees in Nigeria yet will work for a few years, save up and then go to the UK and spend millions for education shocked shocked Hypocrites I say!!

They hail Ivy league universities that will demand your blood for you to go there and yet many of them are founded by churches. Harvard, as an example, was founded by the Presbyterian Church. How on earth can we compete with the best universities on the planet if we don't spend like they do. How can we spend like they do if we don't charge fees like they do. We want to get their world-class results yet don't do like to do what they do.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2011
Its surprising how Nigerians have this funny belief that whatever is "not affordable to the common man" is bad! This is as a result of entitlement mentality ingrained in our psyche. We complain that no Nigeria university is in the top 15 in Africa and yet still complain that the fees they charge (which is too low) is too high. Which is it?

Have anyone bothered to find out how much universities abroad charge? Going to public university [/b]in Ghana alone will cost you at least 2 million naira per annum and Nigerians are going there in droves without complaining. We have [b]private universities in Nigeria charging a fraction of that and Nigerians are up in arms.

Nigerians are hypocritical to prefer to pay through their nose for foreign education while they condemn local alternatives that don't even cost as much. They will riot over ten thousand naira school fees in Nigeria yet will work for a few years, save up and then go to the UK and spend millions for education shocked shocked Hypocrites I say!!

They hail Ivy league universities that will demand your blood for you to go there and yet many of them are founded by churches. Harvard, as an example, was founded by the Presbyterian Church. How on earth can we compete with the best universities on the planet if we don't spend like they do. How can we spend like they do if we don't charge fees like they do. We want to get their world-class results yet don't do like to do what they do.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by WhyAWhy(m): 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2011
This issue is officially overrated

1. TITHE is NOT your MONEY!
2. Your Tithe Can't finance a University! How much do people pay Sef!!!! Nawa. Do you know how much overhead it is to run a university so
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by akbtunes: 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2011
@OP. work hard and send ur children to beta school. religion or religious observance is a personal thing. i dont need to 'convince' u to pay tithe or whteva.

and pls stop 'worryin' ur head over wht ur pastors do wt ur tithe.

Use ur thinkin time on how to beta ur lot

kalokalo:

Have anyone bothered to find out how much universities abroad charge? Going to public university [/b]in Ghana alone will cost you at least 2 million naira per annum and Nigerians are going there in droves without complaining. We have [b]private universities in Nigeria charging a fraction of that and Nigerians are up in arms.

Kalokalo, ur head is too correct!

Sike:

Abeg Come back now. . Hey! D guy don vex.
who send u?? **mscheww**
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by bankylan: 2:14am On Sep 03, 2011
what has tithe got to do with this, if you like pay, and if you like  don't pay. It will be a double tragedy on you if  you are now telling people that there is no need to pay tithes, But one thing I am pretty sure of is that 'whoever' posted this has not really been blessed, I have not seen any blessed man speaking about not paying tithes.No matter how logical your argument may sound,  it is an error on your own part to bring about the issue of tithe.
     It is not your headache what happens to the tithe, yours is just to obey God. This is the problem with many xtians today. This could be likened to why the Isrealites have to go into captivity for 400yrs. God asked Abraham for a burnt offering, but he was so concerned about the offering by driving away the birds that came to feed on the offering,
, I pray God opens your mind, And I pray you live long on the surface of the earth, You have to be mindful of what you say about God's servants, it carries a great consequence.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by musiwa48: 2:22am On Sep 03, 2011
eGuerrilla, you have to understand God and not be a jewu jewu man of God. It should not be because you are going to gain anything . I am not scare to speak to you. You will notice I am a nigerian, who have told you to remove Edo,delta and Yorubas. It is because I was born with a destiny to save your life.  Either listen to me or you listen to men who deceive you in the name of God.

You have to listen to the voice of God. I am not a christain because I want to make money. I am not a begger who is begging Jonathan for food. I will never collect anyone money. If I was a desperate person my friend. I would tell you this. My father was a collegeues of Augusto ahkimo , IBB deputy and Akin Aduwo ,Obasanjo Navy chief. You know what that means in Nigeria. But only that Umaru Yar adua who die. I know some members of his family. And I will tell you , if you remember this pictures. Umaru Yar adua had already let Edo,delta and Yorubas to go. Why because His family knews my past, that I was a preacher of the word of God many years ago. That I went from villages to villages preaching the word of God.   This is one thing I never told anybody except today.

So what you people did not know is that Umaru Yar Adua knew who I was.  That why he went to Benin republic. and he tried to remove edo,delta and Yorubas. This is a secret I never told anyone. And also told you people. the date this Ojukwu picture was taken is also my birthday. No matter what ever any false prophet tell you in Nigeria. I am telling you , your lifes are not save.

When they said this year is a year of peace, please go back into my nairaland post. I said that is not what as said about Nigeria. And i said, i saw blood. look for the nairaland. you can see how many killing already in nigeria.

to know when God is speaking.

The bibles says
Isaiah 28

9Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Look I am not a person who became christian because I want to 419 you, like they do to buy expensive car and they collect your tithe and offering.  

www.nairaland.com/attachments/472273_ojukwu_jpg44fdb6c17f2f5e897224b89c48a55c8f
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by musiwa48: 2:26am On Sep 03, 2011
eGuerrilla, you have to understand God and not be a jewu jewu man of God. It should not be because you are going to gain anything . I am not scare to speak to you. You will notice I am a nigerian, who have told you to remove Edo,delta and Yorubas. It is because I was born with a destiny to save your life. Either listen to me or you listen to men who deceive you in the name of God.

You have to listen to the voice of God. I am not a christian because I want to make money. I am not a beggar who is begging Jonathan for food. I will never collect anyone money. If I was a desperate person my friend. I would tell you this. My father was a colleagues of Augusto ahkimo , IBB deputy and Akin Aduwo ,Obasanjo Navy chief. You know what that means in Nigeria. But only that Umaru Yar adua who die. I know some members of his family. And I will tell you , if you remember this pictures. Umaru Yar adua had already let Edo,delta and Yorubas to go. Why because His family knew my past, that I was a preacher of the word of God many years ago. That I went from villages to villages preaching the word of God. This is one thing I never told anybody except today.

So what you people did not know is that Umaru Yar Adua knew who I was. That why he went to Benin republic. and he tried to remove edo,delta and Yorubas. This is a secret I never told anyone. And also told you people. the date this Ojukwu picture was taken is also my birthday. No matter what ever any false prophet tell you in Nigeria. I am telling you , your lifes are not save.

When they said this year is a year of peace, please go back into my nairaland post. I said that is not what as said about Nigeria. And i said, i saw blood. look for the nairaland. you can see how many killing already in nigeria.

to know when God is speaking.

The bibles says
Isaiah 28

9Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the bosoms.

10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Look I am not a person who became christian because I want to 419 you, like they do to buy expensive car and they collect your tithe and offering.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/472273_ojukwu_jpg44fdb6c17f2f5e897224b89c48a55c8f
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by ajirebi20: 3:10am On Sep 03, 2011
God2man:

Y[b]our tithe which is ten percent of whatever come to your hand belong to God. It is a mystery. It does not belong to you. It belongs to God. It is not your money. If you take it and spend it on yourself, it means You are stealing from God. You know, the bitter truth is that nobody steals from God and Go scot free[/b]. The bible talks about devourers, accident, armed robber, sickness, death and so on. Tithe is still VALID. Whether you are in old testament or new testament, unless you don't want to be blessed. Tithe is a seed. You plant it into God's work and WAIT, that is, you have to be patient for the seed to germinate, grow and harvest. It takes time. Surely, If you are faithfull, God will surely bless you, not only money but other things as well. Now, on how the money is being used. Ministers of God are the representative of God. I belived they must have sought the face of God on how to use the money. Well, if they steal the money or they used it on themselves. God has not made you the judge. Leave that to God to Judge. God is a mystery. God is God. The "I AM that I AM". Who are you to question God? You see people will always talk, if the church refused to do anything about education, they will say, what are they doing with their money?, now the church is doing something, people are saying, it should be free. God will help us in this country. Do you know how many people in nigeria today that are benefiting from the church, physically, spiritually or otherwise. Without the help of the church assisting widows, orphans, giving out scholarships, visiting prisons, hospital. Infact the church has become a succor to many people in nigeria today. Only GOD KNOWS what would have happened in nigeria now without the church. Please, when you are criticizing the church be constructive, let it be based on facts. God bless you. God2man.

Who is this id!ota here?

Recall Jesus' encounter with a wealthy young fellow who said he followed all the rules, the Ten Commandments, etc., to the letter and so he wanted to know whether he was now entitled to eternal life. The answer from Jesus was no, uh-uh,[b] you haven't done anything until you've given all that you have( including your expensive Jets and schools) away to the poor and come and follow me. [/b]Sell all that thou hast and give it to the poor. Jesus then went on with his famous observation about the camels and the needles and how futile it is for rich folks to try to wriggle their way into heaven. Now all right, maybe camels were a lot smaller in those days and needles a lot more wide-eyed but that message is repeated again and again in the New Testament. And not only in the dangerously liberal New Testament.

Ezekiel in the Old Testament explains that the Sodomite's sin was that they had pride and prosperity but did not aid the poor and needy, quite apart from any sodomy that was going on there in Sodom. And then there's Amos, another prophet who addressed the rich women of Bashan who "oppress the poor, which crush the needy. . . . The days shall come upon you that he will take you away with hooks." That's pretty strong. Imagine giant hooks coming out of the floor of a stock exchange.

Now why don't the Christians ever take that kind of thing literally? Those are strong words. They're repeated again and again, in one way after another in the bible. The Nigerian Christians aka sheepish fellows take the Tithe story in the Bible absolutely literally. Pay your Tithe, bla bla bla. That--absolutely true right down to he percentage and frequency. But then you ask them about Jesus' instruction to sell all that you have and give it to the poor and then, oh well, that's a metaphor. Who is fooling who here?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by ramalot(m): 5:22am On Sep 03, 2011
Another thread about tithe or no tithe.

If giving tithe buys u the false sense of security that you are sending a western union to heaven to be expended on your personal "mansion" over there, then good for you; whatever floats ur boat. However, if you are subscribed to this kind of mentality, please don't complain when ur neighbor knocks on ur door to announce that he is here to slaughter u and ur family. And in the event that u somehow overpower and kill him, he will be rewarded with 72 virgins in paradise when he gets there.

It is neither his fault that he thinks that way, nor is it urs that u think how u do. You were both brainwashed and indoctrinated into that.

So somehow u've both been enticed with worldly rewards to be handed in a place that is supposedly devoid of any worldly lavish or indulgence, and you find nothing wrong with that. Anyway, to each his own train of thought.

If somehow u both shoot yourselves at the same time, say hi to ur neighbor when you are chilling in ur gold lined mansion sipping some heavenly moet, and u can hear the screams and moans of 72 virgins next door, getting their cherries popped one after the other in a frenzied orgy.

Oh! i forgot, you both are probably going to different heavens. Right?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by otokx(m): 9:11am On Sep 03, 2011
at last questions are being asked, soon more people will be delivered from the shackles of MSc pastors. M - manipulation, S - seduction and C - control.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by biolabee(m): 9:14am On Sep 03, 2011
ramalot that was some ish poetry you thew down,
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by netghost: 10:46am On Sep 03, 2011
OMG !!! do people still pay tithe ? shocked
in this modern day and time
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by MMM2(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2011
hmmm angry
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by MMM2(m): 11:08am On Sep 03, 2011
hmmm angry
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Geds: 7:02pm On Sep 03, 2011
I'd like to ask the OP a few questions.
1. Do you believe in God?
2. Do you believe in God's word?
3. Do you think God wants us to obey His words?
4. If its not important, why do you think God will ask us to pay tithe?

Answer each of these questions and then reconsider your post.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Blazing88(f): 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2011
Jerie:

My pastor collects 'God's' money in God's name and buys multiple real estate and jets in his own name. 'How many times did Jesus Christ collect tithes? When Jesus even collected bread and fish from d kid, it was immediately distributed to feed the multitude. The Bible is God's word, but some people have interpreted it for their own selfish ends. That's why pastors buy bullet-proof SUVs and move around with a retinue of armed policemen and bodyguards. How many colts did Jesus have? How many swords? When he taught in the synagogue, how much did he receive as 'appreciation'? I'm are not saying they should live spartan lives, but living like pontius pilate with the people's tithes? It's not christ-like.
U VE SAID THE REAL TRUTH!
@op. Ajayi crowther uni is now 550k
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by netghost: 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2011
@Geds, who asked u to pay tithe ?!
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2011
@Musiwa,

My father was a colleagues of Augusto ahkimo , IBB deputy and Akin Aduwo ,Obasanjo Navy chief. You know what that means in Nigeria. But only that Umaru Yar adua who die. I know some members of his family. And I will tell you , if you remember this pictures. Umaru Yar adua had already let Edo,delta and Yorubas to go. Why because His family knew my past, that I was a preacher of the word of God many years ago. That I went from villages to villages preaching the word of God.   This is one thing I never told anybody except today.

Even you must surely agree it is difficult to see what the connection is with your comments up there and the topic in focus

You negotiated a deal with Yar'adua based on familial ties?
Wow! Who would have guessed?
Would it be correct to assume the current government has now reneged on your agreement?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by niwealth: 9:19pm On Sep 03, 2011
my brother, cu your coat according to your clothe, take your children to where you can afford the fees and let the book of malachi sink into you. if you dont save into the bank of heaven, you cant withdraw fadin. qed
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by maxproxl: 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2011
its so sad and unfortunate that the poster & most nairalanders on this thread & uninformed. how does paying tithes correlate with funding of private universities. church owned universities worldwide are built by special funds raised to run such massive projects.

Let me educate those of you that dont understand the concept of private universities. NUC(NIGERIA UNIVERSITY COMMISSION) regulates the minimum school fees charged which is mandatory for the school to be functional.

Federal universities are funded by the federal government and state universities are funded by state government. This is why state universities are more expensive than federal universities. NO PRIVATE UNIVERSITY CAN BE CHEAP ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. some federal universities get up to N500million from the FG every quarter. State universities are funded by the states while private universities are funded by the owners and the regulatory body is the NUC.

To set the records staight. BOWEN & COVENANT are not the most expensive private universities. BABCOCK, REDEEMERS, ABTI-AMERICAN, BELLS, CRESCENT, IGBINEDION, SALEM, BENSON IDAHOSA are also expensive. LEED-CITY, AJAYI-CROWTHER, CRAWFORD and even the proposed upcoming MOUNTAIN TOP(owned by MFM), ELIZADE, KICC etc will also be expensive.

MOST PRIVATE UNIVERSTIES HAS NO INFRASTRUCTURE TO SHOW TO JUSTIFY THEIR HIGH TUITION FEES. COVENANT IS THE MOST DEVELOPED, THE MOST FUNCTIONAL AND MOST EQUIPED PRIVATE UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA. seeing is beleiving.

the picture you posted is the covenant university library which is the best and most equiped in Nigeria and also ranks about the best in africa. now thats for an institution less than 10-years old.

in conclusion, private universities are not for everyone. just as private primary & secondary schools are not for everyone. LIFE IS IN PHASES AND MEN ARE IN SIZES.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by netghost: 10:27pm On Sep 03, 2011
maxpro-xl:

its so sad and unfortunate that the poster & most nairalanders on this thread & uninformed. how does paying tithes correlate with funding of private universities. church owned universities worldwide are built by special funds raised to run such massive projects.

you sound like one of this hungry pastors that only scream pay your tithe and stop robbing GOD
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by WhyAWhy(m): 1:14am On Sep 04, 2011
^^ your comment lacks every sense of correlation
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by netghost: 6:49am On Sep 04, 2011
ROTFLMAO, guess I was write
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Doctorflaky(f): 11:52am On Sep 04, 2011
It is non of your business to know how the church money is been spent. The most important thing is dat u're receiving the reward. It's spiritual . U cannot be listening to the advice of unbelievers that do not even understand wot it means 2b in the spirit realm, dat sees everything from physical angle. U're beta do ur convenant part for God 2fulfill His part of Rebuking Devorers for your sake.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by kodewrita(m): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2011
As a graduate of a private institution, I just want to state that Linda Ikeji's information on the blog article that started this thread IS NOT FACTUAL.

Convenant does not pay anything close to 600k and Bowen University(my alma mater) pays just a little close to 400k and as such she has stylishly added a whole 250k just to sensationalise the issue.

Whatever your feelings about private education, its for those who can afford it. How the money is being used is a different matter entirely.

NB: I will not be responding to any insults. enough said.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by musiwa48: 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2011
Look over 70% of Nigeria will agree with me, the solution to the satellite pictures is to remove edo,delta and Yorubas. evil while nairaland does not want this majority voices been heard. It is the truth.

Over 99% of people from edo,delta and Yoruba believes in this. While Northerners who are going to become majority agree with it. So we are talking about over 70% of Nigeria. Look Jonathan Goodluck is a minority . And you cant force the opinion of Minority over the majority.

We are talking of over 150 million lifes been in danger. Yar Adua understand the history of nigeria. And anyone who is honest will tell you, it is the only peaceful solution.

It is even better since Jonathan Goodluck is from the east and even Ijaw. Ijaw people cant complain because it happen under an ijawman. and the east cant complain because Jonathan is from east. And the chif of army is an Igboman. So no igbo man in the army can complain under an igbo.

the church had to build universities for its members because the nigeria government is made up of evil people. When someone makes policy that is anti human to other people just because he hate them and he is in power. In my books, that is evil. Human are human anyday.

If edo,delta and Yoruba leave, we have no choice than write off all loans which is suppose to be the responsibility of the Nigeria government. Since the nigeria govt failed.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by phemi01(m): 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2011
Musiwa, what are you saying, park well jor
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by aloyemeka2: 2:12am On Sep 06, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Gets An A In Her Project After Using Burna Boy As Her Case Study / Adaeze: UNIPORT Student Found Dead In Her Apartment / Married In School, Single At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.