Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? (11235 Views)

Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? / Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! / My Husband Is Igbo But I Can't Cook! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Jachoz(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2006
@iice
That means no problem at all grin kiss.
By the time you test what i can prepare, u will be
100% willing to know how to cook and i will be 100%
willing to teach. So come off it. This should not be an issue
for us now  tongue  kiss
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by iice(f): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2006
Anyhow all i can say is kudos 2 women who do it because its not an easy thing especially nigerian food its not easy 2 cook.
@Nutter, sorry 2 say but i wasnt one of them brainy kids who went into hiding reading, i freaking rocked ma school, don't have time 2 be molded into an idea or certain type.
@Jachoz, lol cooking no thanks. As for u teaching me, sure u are welcome 2 try if u have time 2 waste lol grin grin
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Nutter(m): 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2006
@iice,

Fair enough. To each their own.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by iice(f): 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2006
Yes oh nutter, to each his own smiley
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by viena(f): 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2006
Jachoz ,

i will be a wife soon and my man knows that i dont like the kitchen and his got no problems and we eat fine and well.

@nutter, where u not eating and living before u got married
how come now, ur wife has to have main knowledge around the kitchen
shame on men if they all like u ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Jachoz(m): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2006
viena:

Jachoz ,

i will be a wife soon and my man knows that i don't like the kitchen and his got no problems and we eat fine and well.

Oh, am happy for you my sister cheesy grin

But for how long would u continue to eat fine and well without possibly cooking for the family

Do u intend to have children which is the fruit of marriage

Anyway, fingers crossed cool
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Nutter(m): 2:26pm On Jul 31, 2006
viena:

@nutter, where u not eating and living before u got married
how come now, your wife has to have main knowledge around the kitchen
shame on men if they all like u ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was eating oh. I’m still eating. But, it’s not quite the same is it? Over here I’m stuck with variants of potato meals and the odd pizza now and again. That’s not life abeg. I want my wife’s cooking to bring out my true skin colour. Where is the crime in that?
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Jachoz(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2006
Nutter:

,,, I want my wife’s cooking to bring out my true skin colour. Where is the crime in that?

You can say that again bros cool
The only way to a man's heart is through his stomarch. Me believe in-to-to. grin
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by jaydifox(m): 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2006
For a lady not knowing how too cook is like a person having HIVi.e her family(body) will have so many contenders(disease) to accomodate. grin shocked
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by iice(f): 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2006
So sayeth the insipid fool 2 call actually make such a comparison. HIV? So for a woman not knowing how to cook is a disease of the deadly kind? Good for those who get the woman who knows how 2 cook but doesnt exactly love u, anyhow am out of here, nothing interesting except disease spouting fountains angry angryhissssss
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Jachoz(m): 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2006
iice:

[color=#006600]So sayeth the insipid fool 2 call actually make such a comparison. ,,,

Take it easy sister iice. It hasn't called for that kiss tongue

When u eat real good food from a dear one especially from
your very kitchen u think u would live forever. Practical experience wink
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by viena(f): 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2006
Nutter ,

shameeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where were u when God was giving humans skin colour

shame if u depend on food to have a skin colour
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by iice(f): 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2006
Yeah he should have said so!. . .
Jachoz:

When u eat real good food from a dear one especially from
your very kitchen
Not some crap of it being HIV? He got my hackles up with that stupid HIV comment. HIV my a$$. Hmmm let me stop before i say something not retractable
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Jachoz(m): 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2006
@viena,
The guy said " ,,, to bring out my true skin colour. ,,,"  
Common viena u can't buy this in the markets except through healthy eating.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Jachoz(m): 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2006
@iice Babe
kiss
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by twinkledew(f): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2006
you can kiss me ass with this thread. why does it matter unnnnnnnnnnn. if she can not cook then you shld (Bloke) learn how to cook. at least all the male dudes in me house can cook.

if you dont like me cooking you can leave.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Nutter(m): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2006
viena:

Nutter ,

shameeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where were u when God was giving humans skin colour

shame if u depend on food to have a skin colour

See me see wahala oh. All of this vex ontop wetin na? You stated your preferences and I stated mine. Why should yours be more acceptable here? Shame on me? Ok, thank you. Perhaps before you liberally dish out your anger you should also consider that there are very many black sisters who actually enjoy cooking for their men. Should they be ashamed of themselves too?

@Jachoz,

I’m with you 100%, my brother.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Jachoz(m): 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2006
twinkledew:

,,, if you don't like me cooking you can leave.

Good, at least u know the way to the kitchen. grin
But talking of good cooking yours might be your man's best.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by charm01(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2006
Its no big deal if a woman can't cook especially in this part of the world,but tell her that she should be prepared to share her husband with another woman very,very soon.The way to a man's heart is through his taste bud wink
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by teena(f): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2006
Waoh! who says it doesnt matter if a woman can cook or not? shocked

Well. in my own opinion, it matters a lot. Frankly speaking, if a woman is good in bed but bad in the kitchen, something is missing. Our people say dat "a woman who knows how 2 cook has the key to her d man's heart" I beliv in that.

Frendship apart, in marriage, its very important 4 a woman to be good in kitchen because its not all the time the man might feel like going 2 eatry or taking junks. That does does mean the man cant assist her where necessary anyway. Also, it makes a man proud when he has guests in the hse and the woman gives them a wonderful treat from her kitchen. kiss kiss

Above all, what a luvly mum that will, from time to time prepare special delicacies 4 the kids to take to school?
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by bluenubian(f): 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2006
she jus better know how to F*ck good grin grin tongue
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Jachoz(m): 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2006
teena:

,,, Our people say that "a woman who knows how 2 cook has the key to her d man's heart" I beliv in that ,,,

,,, its very important 4 a woman to be good in kitchen because its not all the time the man might feel like going 2 eatry or taking junks ,,,  Also, it makes a man proud when he has guests in the hse and the woman gives them a wonderful treat from her kitchen. kiss kiss

Above all, what a luvly mum that will, from time to time prepare special delicacies for the kids to take to school?

I'm just wondering if u are a babe or dude.
You have said it all  wink
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Jachoz(m): 4:36pm On Jul 31, 2006
bluenubian:

she jus better know how to F*ck good grin grin tongue

+ that too, she owns the man forever grin
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by babe1(f): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2006
If she can't cook then u coook, if u can't, well get a chef. Its as easy as ABC
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by jazzy(f): 5:47pm On Jul 31, 2006
grin no hard feelings but any lady dat dont know how to cook nah ; thorough write off cos no mata how u think ur guy loves u itt dnt matter , u gotta fill his belly or he mite just fill it outside,and it could be not only his belly at iice and viena , u guys should learn even if its just 4 d fun of it , it ll definately come in handy one day @nutter and the jachoz, am proud of u guys u re speaking the truth so ladies it about time ok take this instance ; u think u ve got enough cash to get food outside ans all, what happens when the money gets finished n u ve got food stuff,
no money to buy food, no dough to hire a cook just u , ur luv probably kids and foodstuff, iice tell me who s gonna starve me ; who knows how to cook or u viena who cant cook 2 save ur live. no hard feelings. dat na the koko. i
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by iice(f): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2006
Frankly i ddnt get the whole gist there grin grin, basically went over ma head LMAO, preach all u want as nutter said 2 each his own. Sorry u wont be marrying me, u wont be living my life, u dont even knw anything about me. . .Am sure u believe is HIV too LMAO. . .who is going 2 starve u? me thinks i have 2 read ma posts 2 see if i actually starve some1 ROTFLMAO. Please dont take the condecending tone like ur all that. If u want 2 give advice, do it in a way that doesnt make us less than individuals/humans just because we dont do what u think a woman is all about. . .Quick, quick lol am in space grin grin
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by dollypee1(f): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2006
pple lay so much emphasy on things like dis in africa,i dont no why,but it does matters so much.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by viena(f): 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2006
jazzy

my life is saved, if my man aint got probs why should it bother, if ur man keeps u only for cooking then its a shame, my man knows that is the only thing i dont like doing and i cant do well, hey i feed him very well with every other thing. he is never hungry for anything not evn for food.

he just loves me and as long as i am by his side he is content.

that man u killing urself for to cook, was he not eating b4 he met u.

well if the money is gone, then it should be gone for food stuffs as well. but as for me, that aint happening. before kids will come all preparations will be in place.

find a man that loves u and understand ur person then all these frivolous things wont matter
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by donjazzie(m): 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2006
Men u just have to keep it real we africans and wonderin wat a gurl be duin not to cook for her man maybe the chic that wud cook wud have a swell time if they man decides to look else or u'll just have to wake up and go to a catering school , abeg that's isht, ma guy wake up .THE WAY TO A MAN'S HEART IS THRU HIS TOMMY, wateva
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by viena(f): 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2006
don jazzie,
says who, that is old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see how much of a man's heart u will have by giving him only good food.
the way to a man's heart is GOOD SEX AND GOOD LOVING
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by desiree(f): 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2006
I still maintain, a woman has to know how to cook well. It has nothing to do with keeping a man because man will always stray anyways; it's more about the kids, I don’t want my kids to go wild on junk food and crap. I know my brother is married and he would do anything for a taste of my mums cooking any day.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by tenik: 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2006
Hmmm i love to cook but he must be a good cook 2,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Ur Favorite Nigerian Packed Noodles? / *The Best Fertility Food* / Girls Hand-Out Cupcakes Baked With Urine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.