Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? (11200 Views)

Should Men Who Can't Cook Be Ashamed Or Proud? / Help, I Can't Cook To Save My Life! / My Husband Is Igbo But I Can't Cook! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by tenik: 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2006
And its not such a big deal if a girl can't cook as long as her hubby can cook,  they,l have a great tyme
hmmm. Afterall guys wants girls that can cook so some gals wants guys that can cook too
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by desiree(f): 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2006
She must be willing to learn though? I know i don't take it lightly with my friends that can't cook. If you can come to my house to eat jollof-rice and chicken, Efo riro and pounded yam, i should be able to do the same at your place.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by yemstar(f): 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2006
Hmn it shouldn't matter sha we all learn everyday, one can learn to cook the same goes for the guys too. Its a new day and age any man depending on a woman to eat properly is more likely to starve especially if the woman is like me tongue
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by dukforever(m): 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2006
what are some pple saying.Did i hear u say that it doesnt matter.This is Africa dude and the only bond which holds a marriage other than sex and children is food.it will be a shame if a woman can not cook for his man whether boyfriend of or husband.It is symbolic of any responsible woman in this part of the world that we find ourselves.As a man I would attach lot of respect to a woman who can cook a decent meal to make me come back home anytime I am hungry instead of navigating to a fast food joint thereby increasing the chances of cancerous infection.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Scatter(m): 11:04pm On Jul 31, 2006
A woman or wife that cant cook can be compared to a mother without breast. How is she going to feed her family? Like the saying goes the best way to a mans heart is through his stomach(no kidding) So all ya ladies out there that cant cook its not too late to hit the catering courses or mamas kitchen for the right cooking lessons, if not your man will soon be eating out from another girls dinning table tongue
Those who have ears let them, grin
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Nutter(m): 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2006
viena:

if your man keeps u only for cooking then its a shame

No one ever suggested that choice of partner would revolve solely around this. No one.

jazzy:

@nutter and the jachoz, am proud of u guys u re speaking the truth

Thank you, dear. We are proud of you too. I knew that sooner or later the sistahs who enjoy cooking for their men would surface.

bluenubian:
she jus better know how to F*ck good grin grin tongue

Ontop my empty belle?  shocked wink
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by eveseh(f): 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2006
yea it matters
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by edygirl(f): 11:53pm On Jul 31, 2006
I think it is good for every grown ass woman to know how to cook. For those that said it doesn't matter, what if you got guests in your house, does it mean you can't entertain them with your own food at least to make your husband very proud of you. I really don't mind cooking for whoever will be husband but if I happen to work more than him then he better knows how to cover my butt. I started cooking when I was 9 so I have no problems taking care of my husband when it comes to food especially Nigerian foods. It will be very shameful to me if my husband eats outside all the time when he got me in the house. God forbids!. I will make sure I feed my husband really well. Thank God I can cook very well.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Jachoz(m): 8:08am On Aug 01, 2006
Now people are talking and responsibly too.

Woman of the house should know how to cook and same
goes to the man and kids as well for sake of cover-up.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by jazzy(f): 8:26am On Aug 01, 2006
@ viena i didn t say my man loves me becos iknow how to cook he kips me cos he know s am intelligent , industrious and know how to treat him well, loving up ,cooking and all so gal get another steaze, yeah i feel what u r saying iice and am sorry if u think am pratically condenming u but u ve got to learn it wont hurt a fly , anyways its ur style,edygal am rily feeling u, its a good ting u know how to ccok it ll be gud for ur husband to b eproud of u in front f friends when u have ravished their stomach with goodies.@jachoz and nutter kip up d gud fight but i hope u know how 2 cook 2 cos u mite just hook up witha gal dat doesnt and u cant starve man u gats to chop so whats it gonna be
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by iice(f): 8:28am On Aug 01, 2006
@Jazzy ok cool. Peace and am out
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Mystique(f): 10:57am On Aug 01, 2006
Gwen Stephanie doesnt cook cool
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by needeeg(m): 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2006
hmmm cookies shocked
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Nutter(m): 11:40pm On Aug 01, 2006
Mystique:

Gwen Stephanie doesnt cook cool

Edygirl and Jazzy cook cool

*And your point is?*
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by nilla(f): 11:43pm On Aug 01, 2006
it shouldn't matter, as long as she is ready to put in the effort to learn how to.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by DaHitler(m): 4:30am On Aug 02, 2006
It matters a lot. I am not going to be made a fool of in front of all my friends because my pathetic wife can't cook to save her life. In fact, I refuse to lay with such a woman. What the hell has she been doing that she did not make time to learn to cook!
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by viena(f): 10:34am On Aug 02, 2006
DaHitler,
re u a human, becos i dont know what sex u re ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by Jachoz(m): 10:47am On Aug 02, 2006
Male I guess cool
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by DAMMYGLOW(f): 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2006
personally, it doesn;t matter if she cant cook,
but for her own good , as a girl she is supposed to know how to cook,
who will feed her children?
what has she learnt to do all this while she was growing up?
there is still time for her to learn i guess.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by tomiwizzle(m): 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2006
it really does cos for you to win a good guy you got to go thru his belly
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by tomiwizzle(m): 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2006
omo whitelexi i no too mind sha as long as if she go dey ready to learn
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by dondele(m): 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2006
i need to have a word with her mama for not teaching the daughter how to cook. girls of nawadays. very soon it will be she doesnt know how to give birth.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by edygirl(f): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2006
Two different things man! cool
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by dondele(m): 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2006
whatever
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by edygirl(f): 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2006
Hahahhahaha! grin Dondele. uugh!

You should know how to cook at least when there's no money in the house,with the little things you have, you can make something out of it. Eg,
             There was time in my family when I was still young, my mama and popsy weren't home and we were hungry men! there was nothing in the house but Rice, Beans ,Crayfish and Pepper,but as soon my brother came back (because my mum makes sure everybody cooks)he had to use them and cook something very sweet. We didn't what to call it but it was food and we were full. So if we didn't know how to cook then we would have been starving until my parents came back at night that day.
So boys in the house, you should also know how to cook.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by dondele(m): 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2006
so what is the point of your story? did i tell you i cant cook?
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by edygirl(f): 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2006
Boy, I was answering the question Does it matter if she can't cook. Didn't have you in mind at all. I just laugh at you for saying whatever ok. I am out before you burst out of anger. cool
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by dondele(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2006
you aint worth my time so dont flatter yourself thinking u can make me angry cuzz u aint even near it.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by edygirl(f): 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2006
Well good for you. If you didn't have my time you wouldn't have replied the first time. Boy, I'm gone you can come back and write whatever.
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by babe1(f): 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2006
dondele:

you aint worth my time so don't flatter yourself thinking u can make me angry cuzz u aint even near it.

Omg, you are one annoying FLY !!!!!
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by dondele(m): 11:27pm On Aug 02, 2006
whatever
Re: Does It Matter If She Can't Cook? by viena(f): 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2006
why must it be compulsory for a woman to know how to cook and not for a man, we re not in stone age ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

as for me, na punishment to ask me cook or go to the kitchen cos i am a bedroom person.

breakfast in bed kind of person.

i can keep the kitchen, dishes clean bu no be to stand there cook ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

na punishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Ur Favorite Nigerian Packed Noodles? / *The Best Fertility Food* / What Is The Moimoi Leaf Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.