Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (165777 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:45am On Sep 30, 2014
simbiatadesomi: I'm in, wizeboi has my no, sweety in room one

@Wizeboy, kindly add her to the MSMS group on WhatsApp.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ELITE0911(m): 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
salamun alykun brodas and sisters. concerning dis post about list of what u expect in a brother/sister doesnt sit well wif me.. i fink an ideal muslim/muslimah is enough reason and then transfer all d love of Allah And d Great Messenger onto him or her is sufficient.
or let me say dats my own list of a perfect wife ie (muslimah) and remember a good man will offer u marriage not Zina
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:43am On Oct 06, 2014
^Interesting submission.

#Smiling

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
We discussed it here and it is becoming a reality Masha Allah https://www.nairaland.com/1935933/muslim-singles-matching-service-msms#26916659

We pray it would be a success.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
Time to get maclatunji a wife grin...

Good job, guys

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
tbaba1234:
Time to get maclatunji a wife grin...

Good job, guys

You no well :-P :-P :-P
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:00am On Oct 07, 2014
08084833968 kazeem

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 10:15am On Oct 07, 2014
maclatunji:

You no well :-P :-P :-P
grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 9:35am On Oct 08, 2014
We have our first set of clients here https://www.nairaland.com/1935933/muslim-singles-matching-service-msms#26916659

Everything starts with an idea, with planning and dedication and prayers, you can achieve many great things.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
"It is my estimation that in almost all of these divorces, a primary cause was the meddling of the in-laws and extended family. Had the couple been allowed to work things out, I believe that 75 % of these divorces would not have taken place."

- Dr. Ali al-Tantawi

This famous Islamic judge saw over twenty thousand cases of family dispute and divorce.

I think, this is true in Islamic societies where Zina is relatively less prevalent. In secular societies, Infidelity should be one of the top reasons.

What are your thoughts? How do you handle family issues?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 6:20am On Oct 20, 2014
^ I think the major responsibility falls on the couple. The first step is agreeing they want to spend the rest of their lives together as a married couple.

The second step is to identify the factors that threaten this objective be it related to their families, professional aspirations or finance. They should then fashion-out strategies to mitigate these extraneous variables that might impinge on their happiness.

I am convinced that a successful marriage though a blessing from Allah can be better-facilitated with 2 good heads working in consonance with 2 aligned hearts.

A couple should trust themselves and share vital information to help their marriage.

So, if you know you have a troublesome uncle as a man, give your wife advance warning and tips on how to manage the person without being rude, the same applies to a wife. This will help prevent unnecessary crisis in the future where one spouse feels threatened unhappy and abandoned especially the woman.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 8:05am On Oct 20, 2014
It is not that simplistic.

Often times, family members are not out to destroy marriages but they do so inadvertently by meddling.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 9:05am On Oct 20, 2014
tbaba1234:
It is not that simplistic.

Often times, family members are not out to destroy marriages but they do so inadvertently by meddling.

Read what I wrote again. You should know those who have meddlesome traits and how to effectively manage them. I never said that your relatives must have malicious intent before becoming problems.

Sometimes the "big" problems of life can be addressed with simple steps.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 6:00am On Oct 21, 2014
Asalam Alaykum,

Someone asked me about this thread yesterday and I could not really say what happened to it. So, what happened to the thread? You all got married without telling moi? #LOL
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by AbdH: 6:59am On Oct 23, 2014
^^^Sadly, it's not only this thread.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 12:26am On Oct 25, 2014
For those of you still not married, don't make the most important night of your life the one in which you displease Allah most. For it may be that Allah withholds all goodness and blessing from your union as a result. Keep your weddings simple and Sunnah and be a good example for others.

Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The most blessed nikah is the one with the least expenses.” [Bayhaqi]

- Sheikh Omar Suleiman

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
^Nice advice.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Kunlexic(m): 9:52am On Oct 26, 2014
I don't know there is a thread like this on NL

Am following

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 02, 2014
deols:
to start with
guys, wat do u look out for in a woman
and ladies, wat characterises an ideal man
Salam...pls am new on this platform. I have issues I really wish I could discus with u..am quite reserved.don't know how porous it will b here but here is my pin-7c91911f.Jazakalahu khair
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2014
QueenLati:

Salam...pls am new on this platform. I have issues I really wish I could discus with u..am quite reserved.don't know how porous it will b here but here is my pin-7c91911f.Jazakalahu khair
hmmmmmm...I can't believe this is your first ever post and you are in dire need of seeking someone audience... # surprised!!!!!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
So, we created a matching service https://www.nairaland.com/1935933/muslim-singles-matching-service-msms#27885585 for Muslim singles to get connected with a view to marriage. Out of the first 10 applicants, 7 are men and only 3 are women.

Sisters, any explanation for this disparity?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
Brothers are also welcome to make comments.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
Maybe they're not aware about the existence of the service...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
baba11:
Maybe they're not aware about the existence of the service...

It is men that are aware?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
Men are more likely to approach than women. That basic principle applies here as well.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by baba11(m): 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2014
maclatunji:

It is men that are aware?
I mean much awareness for females...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 10:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
deols:
Here, am hoping we can talk as Muslims(wivout d dirty stuffs xterisn d romance section). Married people can chip in too. Aim is to discuss relationship matters in accordance with Islam nd to b able to solve problems Muslims face while trying to fulfill half of our deen.

Am somehow picky but not much Lil
I want him religious(I really want to learn from him too; at least listen to my recitation n remind me of some etiquettes) with loving,caring akhlaaq(xter), Tall(my height or taller cos am also tall),Good looks,neat/clean with good dress sense; great sense of humour(I love smiling);Eloquent in Speech and also generous to people generally...... Endless list really
May Allah grant me the one I will be so much contented with,and a companion to Jannah
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 11:07pm On Nov 10, 2014
baba11:
..We are on the verge of forming a committee to look into the possibilities of Muslims brothers and sisters hooking up each other through this platform..so far,we've got three volunteers:two brothers and a sister..If you are interested,you need to signify so that you'll be added to it...

Am just reading this,n I would like to join
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 11:55pm On Nov 10, 2014
maclatunji:
You have asked me for my definition of a Muslim diva and I have given it. I think it is fair enough that it is not every Muslim woman I come across with excellent qualities that I will like enough to want to be with. I have to really like you at a person-to-person level (and the way you look as well angry grin).

A good question you might want to ask me is: Are you perfect yourself as a man? I am not, but I am working hard to make myself a better man all the time.

#Coughs
Becareful pls,not to break many heart(s)
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 12:00am On Nov 11, 2014
toba:
tongue spying

grin
toba:
tongue spying
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 12:07am On Nov 11, 2014
deols:
Seems we know what many people want in their spouses,

Now ladies, if u find a guy with the Qualities you want, would you ask him out?? if not, why wouldnt you

and

Guys, to what extent would you go to make that lady yours?? and how best do you think that should be done

Its hard, for someone like me. I respect myself n i appreciate the little i get from people. Its gonna be a disaster if someone turns me down
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Tayras: 12:45am On Nov 11, 2014
maclatunji:
Women tend to want a longer time to think about it whilst we men want a quick answer. So you see your question is complex. In reverse, women also tend to take a longer time to get over a man if things have gone sour where love once existed.

Subhanallah! u just nailed this. Are u a psychologist,Marriage counsellor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.